'Rising Fist' Officially Announced, Several Cards Revealed! [5/14]

Get ready for the loads of Golem+ProtectionCube+StrongEnergy... Can't wait to see what else Rising Fist has to offer.

Woo, real crazy strong cards here. Maybe we can see Stunfisk rise again! :p Real excited for these cards!

Ooh, this set looks like it's gonna be fun! Lucario and Mega Lucario seem pretty bad. Unless there's Fighting Energy acceleration, powering up a Mega Lucario seems really hard, and not really worth it. And even if there is Fighting Energy acceleration, it's so easy to counter because it's weak to Mewtwo EX and Deoxys EX. I think the 30 for 1 is the best part about them. With Strong Energy, Muscle Band, and Virbank and Laser/Fighting Stadium, you can deal a lot of damage turn 1. Why did they have to rotate Landorus when this set came out?

HOLY LORD Strong Energy is powerful! It's just Darkness Energy (which is already a really good card), but even better. Like... What even... Fighting Stadium is also really game changing. It's pretty balanced, too, since if you play it down, your EX's take more damage, too. Korrina looks like a really good replacement for Skyla. It's much better early game, because you need a lot of basics early on, but it still has plenty of versatility late game, as well. It does have the downside of not searching for supporters, but you can search for Random Receiver or Jirachi EX with it, so that fixes that issue.

Hawlucha's ability seems a little odd. The only good card that can place damage counters is Chandelure EX, which can so easily just snipe around it. Or maybe Meowstick? But the same thing applies here, too. Maybe there will be something good in this set that places damage counters on the Active Pokemon? Its attack is decent, but it costs too much Energy and has too low HP to really do anything in this format. Or we could just cross our fingers and hope the translation's wrong and that it works for all damage. That would be a little too broken, sadly.

Pangoro actually seems like a nice card. A 180-200 HP non EX is a really good thing to have, but Catcher effects kind of ruin it because it only works in the active spot (or heaven forbid, a G Scope :O). Maybe with Milotic for Energy acceleration and Dusknoir FF (Reuniclus will be rotated before it comes out) to prevent your opponent from dealing 100 to Pangoro, then Lysandring something else and killing both of them. It's a lot of evolutions, but who knows? It could work. It does have trouble with Mewtwo EX as well, but since it's a Mega Evolution, it's less of an issue.

Korrina seems like a great replacement for Skyla at first but there's a catch, your deck must contain at least 1 Fighting Type Pokemon in order to use this card's effect since the card requires you to meet both conditions upon resolution. If you're only running 1 Fighting Type Pokemon as a tech with it being stuck in your prizes upon resolving Korrina's effect then it does nothing but count toward playing your 1 Supporter for turn since you weren't able to meet both conditions on the card itself. If anything Korrina is a good excuse for players to run Sawk PLB to help counter against Thundurus EX in Yeti but only If Sawk isn't stuck in your prizes although If you plan on playing another Korrina If you're only running 1 Fighting tech for certain matchups then you're up a creek without a paddle.

Holy guacamole those are some pretty strong cards. There's a lot of potential for some good rogue decks coming from this set. Can't wait for a pre-release!

Pangoro was looking great up until that Psychic weakness (what's with the TCG lately and putting ridiculous/inaccurate weaknesses? )

Card Slinger J said:
Korrina seems like a great replacement for Skyla at first but there's a catch, your deck must contain at least 1 Fighting Type Pokemon in order to use this card's effect since the card requires you to meet both conditions upon resolution. If you're only running 1 Fighting Type Pokemon as a tech with it being stuck in your prizes upon resolving Korrina's effect then it does nothing but count toward playing your 1 Supporter for turn since you weren't able to meet both conditions on the card itself. If anything Korrina is a good excuse for players to run Sawk PLB to help counter against Thundurus EX in Yeti but only If Sawk isn't stuck in your prizes although If you plan on playing another Korrina If you're only running 1 Fighting tech for certain matchups then you're up a creek without a paddle.

I don't think so, It'll work like Cilan, Elesa and the such: you get as much as you can. If you don't have a [F] or don't want to draw one, you just "fail" to search it, but you can get the Item.

I was right when I predicted both types for Pangoro being in the set, yay me!

It is odd though that it would have a psychic weakness considering it's a dark type as well. But the only option is flying which is only colorless. That would make it weak to something like Raticate and Miltank too. I guess we can't have it all.

Dugtrio, Strong Energy, and Fighting Stadium...
It's Donphan Prime all over again...

It may not be the heavy hitter but you can do some very insane calculative combos with Hawlucha EX's attack, it is sure to catch your opponent off guard. I hope there is two versions of the normal Hawlucha card in this set.

EDIT: It might be the only fighting card that is also resistant to fighting in this set.

Hoping to get a full art Korrina! I mean we might not get one like how Elesa was skipped... (Cilan did too but I don't care about him)

Lucario EX just went from solid hitter to really strong. With the stadium, the special fighting energy and muscle band, you can one shot a Darkrai or Thundurus for 1 energy. Landorus EX is even better cause you can also snipe for 30. It should also be much easier for lands judgement to score KOs.

Wonder what type the next set will make playable again (I bet my money on Lightning, they haven't been good since Eelectrik was rotated).

Card Slinger J said:

I hope that's not the case. It's already weaker than Skyla as it is (not being able to get supporters and stadiums), but having this unnecessary restriction will make it completely unplayable outside of fighting decks.

I knew they were going to buff fighting types, but I didn't think they would dedicate so many slots to it. I'm actually impressed by Lucario EX. Quite a few of the unshown pokemon catch my interest, too. I especially can't wait to see Machamp.

Is it just me or has anyone else realized the Ursaring artwork on the booster box looks more like a Magmortar?

Hawlucha-EX - Fighting - HP130
Weakness: Psychic (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 2
It's like the translator went full blind or something at this point... (copying stats from Lucario... ;P)

The Lucarios look really strong. That Screw Blow attack, with the special energy and / or Stadium is ridiculously good, also it has a T1 attack. The only problem is the P-weakness, thank goodness, that monster really needs such a weakness. Otherwise it would be broken...

Back