'Rising Fist' Officially Announced, Several Cards Revealed! [5/14]

went though all fighting type cards I think will stay in rotation though, nothing really interesting to work with with these new cards other than, hit harder, which Is all you need I guess, but not fun.

pokedan24 said:
I hope that's not the case. It's already weaker than Skyla as it is (not being able to get supporters and stadiums), but having this unnecessary restriction will make it completely unplayable outside of fighting decks.

On the bright side at least it makes it less consistent to get Tropical Beach on Turn 1 since it's unable to search for Stadiums and Supporters like Skyla does. Running at least 1 Fighting Type Pokemon tech won't be enough to make Korrina playable outside of Fighting decks which is a shame cause we needed a good replacement for Skyla to help Stage 2 decks keep up with Basics.

Luispipe8 said:
Card Slinger J said:
Korrina seems like a great replacement for Skyla at first but there's a catch, your deck must contain at least 1 Fighting Type Pokemon in order to use this card's effect since the card requires you to meet both conditions upon resolution. If you're only running 1 Fighting Type Pokemon as a tech with it being stuck in your prizes upon resolving Korrina's effect then it does nothing but count toward playing your 1 Supporter for turn since you weren't able to meet both conditions on the card itself. If anything Korrina is a good excuse for players to run Sawk PLB to help counter against Thundurus EX in Yeti but only If Sawk isn't stuck in your prizes although If you plan on playing another Korrina If you're only running 1 Fighting tech for certain matchups then you're up a creek without a paddle.

I don't think so, It'll work like Cilan, Elesa and the such: you get as much as you can. If you don't have a [F] or don't want to draw one, you just "fail" to search it, but you can get the Item.

I repeat my bolded comment...

Card Slinger J said:
Korrina seems like a great replacement for Skyla at first but there's a catch, your deck must contain at least 1 Fighting Type Pokemon in order to use this card's effect since the card requires you to meet both conditions upon resolution. If you're only running 1 Fighting Type Pokemon as a tech with it being stuck in your prizes upon resolving Korrina's effect then it does nothing but count toward playing your 1 Supporter for turn since you weren't able to meet both conditions on the card itself. If anything Korrina is a good excuse for players to run Sawk PLB to help counter against Thundurus EX in Yeti but only If Sawk isn't stuck in your prizes although If you plan on playing another Korrina If you're only running 1 Fighting tech for certain matchups then you're up a creek without a paddle.

You are incorrect. Your deck is private knowledge, which means your opponent never has to know what's inside. Hence, you can run Korrina and never have a Fighting Pokemon in there, since your opponent never knows if you do. Others have pointed out the same thing with other cards with similar effects. In the end, you'd probably be better off teching one in just to take full advantage of it (though I can think of that eventually becoming the exception more than the rule), but that will still be your choice, not a requirement.

As for the set itself, I LOVE all these new cards they've announced. I can see many of them seeing at least some play, but unfortunately, Yveltal EX is still a thing. It resists Fighting and easily eats these big attackers for lunch. That being said, I'm hoping these massive game-changing sets continue to be released. It's really making the TCG fun again.

I've been wanting to make a deck around cheap cost attacks and lucario EX is looking good. Strong Energy, Muscle Band, and the Fighting Stadium packs quite the punch. 90 for 1... yikes.
This strengthens the use of hammer I'm sure. All these recent energy buffs are making me interested in how the meta will be. Maybe no more domination from one type :D

Rattlehead said:
Is it just me or has anyone else realized the Ursaring artwork on the booster box looks more like a Magmortar?

I honestly thought it was Conkeldurr at first ._.

I like the artworks seen so far :)

steffenka said:
Rattlehead said:
Is it just me or has anyone else realized the Ursaring artwork on the booster box looks more like a Magmortar?

I honestly thought it was Conkeldurr at first ._.

I like the artworks seen so far :)

I have to agree, I like the artworks. However, it looks like it is Magmortar to me

Here's to hoping we get a Golurk-EX

edit": Lucario EX has no ears xD. Look at the artwork, it has no defined ears.

Strong Energy's wording is so redundant that it's hard to look at.

Glad I quit the game long ago. Power creep is only gonna get higher.

I hope full art Ex aren't done by 5ban Graphics. The revealed Hawlucha Ex by 5ban graphic looks cool though, it's just most of their full art don't look as nice as the others.

Golem - Selfdestruction
Protection Cube
Strong Energy

Get ready world and don't blink, and this Lucario EX looks like Anderson Silva

That's a great combination! That would prevent the huge 100 damage to itself effect so you could do 150 + 20 for each Strong Energy attached.

DevinTheWelf said:
Get ready for the loads of Golem+ProtectionCube+StrongEnergy... Can't wait to see what else Rising Fist has to offer.

If the upcoming Machamp is any good, perhaps the Plasma Blast Machamp could be teched in to deal with F resistant pokemon.

I can't believe I overlooked Golem (Flashfire) using Explosion for 190 with Protection Cube attached for only 2 Strong Energy and a DCE which has even more amazing synergy with Korrina since If you open the game with Geodude you can Korrina a Golem and Rare Candy to evolve straight into Golem on Turn 2. Add Fighting Stadium to the mix and Golem will be swinging for 210 although players can easily Counter Stadium it with Beach or Virbank.

Unfortunately Startling Megaphone/Tool Scrapper gets around Protection Cube and VirGen hits Golem hard for weakness unless you run a Pyroar tech for Intimidating Mane which of course won't do you any good since Garbodor is still a thing in this format. Pyroar is the reason why Garbodor is a staple in VirGen so that it can one-two shot anything it's going up against while running lots of Tools to help get around the drawback of Garbotoxin shutting down Red Signal and Verdant Wind.

I won
89-landorus-ex.gif
der what I'm going to be playing next season. Hammerhead goat tier.

Especially since it would've helped spread damage for Golem to draw prizes easier, not like you need to since Explosion has enough damage output to potentially make Golem competitive with Protection Cube and Strong Energy, the downside is that it takes 3 turns to setup a Golem where as with Empoleon you only need 1 energy to setup. :/

If Zygarde is in this set, perhaps it will have an attack that accelerate (fighting?) energy just like Yveltal and Xerneas? I would think it would be on at least the english pack art thought, so perhaps its not in the set?

Eron said:
Luispipe8 said:
IF ONLY Landorus stayed in the format... TT.TT

One more reason of why they shouldn't rotate BCR. :p
If BCR was to not be rotated the deck would be insanely good. Almost too good. I don't feel like that's a good reason for BCR not to rotate. In fact I believe that BCR is most definitely not staying.

Yeah, but sadly there's still a month between Furious Fists and the rotation, so we'll still probably see it for a while. The only thing I'm praying for is that Rising Fists is actually not legal in Worlds, because that would be a mayhem.

Back