'Remix Bout,' Japan's July Set!

Matthew the Fairy Lover

The Lover of everything Fairy
The starter merch is pointless but surprisingly refreshing. See what I mean about Armoured Mewtwo working well as a crossover product? ;) Its easily more refreshing to have aesthetically as having any Ancient Mew merch.

The 'new' Zard is in the exact same pose as 4/102.

How is it pointless? That seems too harsh.

Snowy Lilacs

Aspiring Trainer
Braixen's pose there kinda hurts my brain alittle....like we are looking at her backside, but her paws are facing the wrong way, and so is the pouf of her tail....?

Shishigami

Aspiring Trainer
How is it pointless? That seems too harsh.
Alternatively you can change your perspective one step further and realise the set so far is Gen 1 once again concluding the generation as CP6 did before. Most of what Gen 1 that gets reused is simply reused to death, meanwhile the other half of Gen 1 sadly is split into inconsistent scarcity of releases.

InstrumentManiac

Aspiring Trainer
This may seem like a weird critique but does the Charizard x Braixen bug anyone else? Is that gold rod/ball supposed to be Braixen's body?

Tikitorch30

Quick...use cut!
I am loving those ancient mew sleeves! And the rollerskater supporter sounds like a great draw support for my blowns deck

Scoop

Literally a sheep
The starter merch is pointless but surprisingly refreshing. See what I mean about Armoured Mewtwo working well as a crossover product? ;) Its easily more refreshing to have aesthetically as having any Ancient Mew merch.

The 'new' Zard is in the exact same pose as 4/102.

Well of course the armored Mewtwo merchandise and cards and all that are fine, it's something that's been established for a long time. I've never really had a problem with armored Mewtwo, I only had an issue with the armored evolution rumors in fear of gen 8 being plagued with a new gimmick. Turns out that doesn't matter because we got Dynamax and that's just... bad.

Matthew the Fairy Lover

The Lover of everything Fairy
Alternatively you can change your perspective one step further and realise the set so far is Gen 1 once again concluding the generation as CP6 did before. Most of what Gen 1 that gets reused is simply reused to death, meanwhile the other half of Gen 1 sadly is split into inconsistent scarcity of releases.

I can understand where you're coming from. But I don't believe the starter merch is pointless as despite them being reused to death, which I will agree with, they are popular Pokemon and evolution lines and many fans and players hold them close to their hearts. If people want to get these deck boxes, sleeves etc. then they can. These are for players who like these Pokemon and the nostalgia that comes with them and obviously not for other players who doesn't have that connection or otherwise don't care for it. Pokemon knows that nostalgia sells.

Shishigami

Aspiring Trainer
Well of course the armored Mewtwo merchandise and cards and all that are fine, it's something that's been established for a long time. I've never really had a problem with armored Mewtwo, I only had an issue with the armored evolution rumors in fear of gen 8 being plagued with a new gimmick. Turns out that doesn't matter because we got Dynamax and that's just... bad.
It's gone all Kaiju and Final Fantasy and that's more unpredictable then including offensive Eviolites despite those would be aesthetically more pleasing but there is still hope.

boyishgoodlooks

Aspiring Trainer
Do we really need a worst charizard tag team? Also, can someone please explain to me why Japan has a different format than the rest of the world? The shiny GXs for example are not going the come to the US until there are rotated. What sense is that?

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Do we really need a worst charizard tag team? Also, can someone please explain to me why Japan has a different format than the rest of the world? The shiny GXs for example are not going the come to the US until there are rotated. What sense is that?

Once this set is released outside of Japan Choice Band has rotated. This means that Reshiram and Charizard GX is no longer able to achieve a ohko. With that is mind I believe that Braixen and Charizard GX is not worse. It searches for three cards and cna still use cards such as Blacephalon GX and Blacephalon to achieve a ohko when needed.

Yair64

Aspiring Trainer
"Though it may not be the most groundbreaking card to be from the set,"
What are you talking about, it is the best card in the game

Xochitlwaki

Aspiring Trainer
Art style is really cool. The ability is actually pretty good too, I think? Give us a good Rapidash, thank you.

CynderDarkov

Aspiring Trainer
Rapidash GX please there's barely any equine GXs. I dont actually even know if there's even one actually....maybe the upcoming Keldeo GX if you count him as an equine.