TCG Fakes ReapThaWhirlwind's Graphic Underworld [Text Based Designs]

ReapThaWhirlwind

Aspiring Trainer
{Immortal Technique} would work in the same sense as an activated ability. You would choose which ones they can't use upon activation (in multiple choice cases).

The damage counters remain on the Pokémon for Bruno's Indomitable Will, and that Pokémon will faint once the effect wears off if not healed.

{Ultimate Submission Technique} is a very technical Ability. I've been round-and-round trying to figure out what's best for it, I think it would need some playtesting to be sure (which I can't do). I originally wanted it to work in the sense of each player takes 1 Prize instead of the regular amounts.

But that wording was so awkward, that I've subsided to be as it is now. Each player takes 1 Prize (you would take 2—or 3 in the case of an EX). The ability would override effects such as {Empty Shell} since the card directly reads "Each player takes 1 Prize"—which is a stand-alone effect beyond the conventional conditions of the Knock Out & Prize card game functions.

On a final note, Blui's wording composure for {Bully Proof} doesn't function as how I intended the ability to work—that is why I've adapted it as you can see.

Last edited:

ReapThaWhirlwind

Aspiring Trainer
Poliwrath Family

Poliwrath EX 170HP

{Ability} Master Blaster [As long as this Pokémon has both
gBMZRVQ.png
and
KXfFG2d.png
Energy attached to it, this Pokémon has no Weakness and counts as both of those types.]

ITi36iA.png
ITi36iA.png
Raise Hell [20x] This attack does 20 damage times the number of damage counters on the last Pokémon of yours that was Knocked Out. This attack can't be used again, by any of your Pokémon, unless another of your Pokémon is Knocked Out.

Weakness:
9E99NEe.png
2x
Resistance:
Retreat:
ITi36iA.png
ITi36iA.png
ITi36iA.png

Poliwrath 140HP

ITi36iA.png
Hard Target [60] This Pokémon can't be affected by any Special Conditions during your opponent's next turn.

KXfFG2d.png
ITi36iA.png
ITi36iA.png
Skull Crusher [80+] If this Pokémon has no Special Energy attached to it, this attack does 40 more damage, this attack's damage is not affected by Resistance, and the Defending Pokémon is now Confused.

Weakness:
9E99NEe.png
2x
Resistance:
Retreat:
ITi36iA.png
ITi36iA.png
ITi36iA.png

_________

Poliwhirl 80HP

ITi36iA.png
Mind Games [30] During your opponent's next turn, attacks of your opponent's Active Pokémon cost
ITi36iA.png
more.

ITi36iA.png
ITi36iA.png
Point Blank Punch [50]

Weakness:
9E99NEe.png
2x
Resistance: N/A
Retreat:
ITi36iA.png
ITi36iA.png

Poliwag 50HP

{Ability} Sticky Body [When this Pokémon is damaged by an opponent's attack, during your opponent's next turn, he or she can't attach any Energy cards to any of his or her Pokémon except the Defending Pokémon.]

ITi36iA.png
Tail Slap [10] The Defending Pokémon can't retreat during your opponent's next turn.

Weakness:
9E99NEe.png
x2
Resistance: N/A
Retreat:
ITi36iA.png

Kudos if you got the reference, but Stone Cold was the prime inspiration for Poliwrath EX. As for the type on that card, I'm still undecided, but I'm veering towards Water-type. Because Stone Cold is a big creatine lover, so his mass is a lot of water retention. He's like a big water balloon bear. Stone Cold is also a very charming guy, making him more of a lover than a fighter. Fighting would be more like a sub-type of his—and that's why I veer towards Water-type instead of Fighting.

The card itself is intended to be an axis power, which revolves offensively around other designs, and that is how I justified the power measure of the {Master Blaster} ability.

This ability itself takes inspiration from Stone Cold's training methods, in the sense that Stone Cold takes after the original Master Blaster Joe Weider, as he is a disciple of the Master Blaster's techniques. That is where Stone Cold draws the silhouette of strength from in his legendary arm raised pose.

With the technicality of the {Master Blaster} ability, it gives the design all kinds of potential as combo material with everything from type-specific Special Energy, to Technical Machine Cards, and type-specific Pokémon Tool cards like those I showcase. This potential opens all kinds of ground for unique deck options where Poliwrath can act as a more offensive force.

Stage 2 Poliwrath is a Fighting-type card, whose second attack is a throwback to the Stone Cold Master Blaster reference. The attack takes its name from a prominent free-weight Triceps exercise, which is a legendary staple for "blasting" in Joe Weider's training regime.

As secondarily reference to a type of punch, I wanted to do something really fancy that had some volume of meaning to it in regards to the original reference. Given the measure of power I was looking for, I fixed it with a "No Special Energy" restriction, the context of which is throwback to the difference in results one can expect to see based on the technique they use when doing the Skull Crushers exercise.

In summary, the stricter you are with the exercise, and the deeper you go, the more defined your development is going to be. It's a very difficult exercise, which can lead a lot of people to cheat (or short) the exercise—yet what you get for grinding it out the hard way are rock solid results size and strength that can't be matched any other way. Do it the hard way—and you're going to be able to hit 'em even harder.

[Hard Target] is a reference that takes wing from the physical attribute of frog's slippery body—specifically in regards of trying to wrestle one. This attack is secretly a throwback to Kimo Lai, a legendary martial arts actor who was famed for his powerful muscular build. Kimo Lai stared in the movie Bloodsport (with Jean Claude Van Damme)—who was the star of the movie Hard Target. However, in the martial arts movie world, Kimo Lai was prominently known as a hard target, because he was big and muscular, that you couldn't hold him down in any way.

It was a prominent technique in Kung Fu especially, to hold on to an opponent's arm, and restrain their movements, so that striking them or preventing them from striking you was made easier. Jackie Chan was a legendary user of this technique, noted for his own strength (and later for the weight he put on that reinforced this technique for him). However, Kimo Lai was far too big and powerful to be restrained by anyone like, and these attributes truly made him a hard target in the martial arts world.

This attack is a throwback to that, which at one energy aims to add some much needed quick power for the high climbing Stage 2 Pokémon. A cheap offensive option like this is nearly essential for a Stage 2 card if you wish for the player's to have a fair chance to make good use of it. The bonus added effect to the attack is intended to add some tactical style for good measure (furthering the overall appeal of the card).

Poliwhirl is like a middle-class fighter, and I summed up that flavor through the techniques that can be expected from a middle-class fighter. They tend to be noobish, lacking bravery and refined strength, and so a middle-class fighter will often try to make up for this with what might be perceived by them as some tactical effort. That is the basis of Mind Games. It's a timid technique, yet the technique does create some physical or mental resistance that can only be broken through by some extra force or focus.

Point Blank Punch is the second technique of a middle-class fighter. It's a strong attack, which strives to cut off all liabilities with a close range, hard impact, direct attack. I strongly believe in the technique of using empty space to contrast the detail in our work, and that is what this blank attack is intended be. It's some empty space, that's easy on the eyes, and the comfort it provides is intended to take the stress of the greater details so that might shine in full glory.

Poliwag's {Sticky Body} ability provides some ability flare to the evolution line. I am a powerful ability user, yet I strongly believe that the technique for this must involve some tactical moderation if you're going to do it right.

Not enough is going to be just as bad as having too much all over the place. That is why I felt like at least one of these cards in the Stage 2 evolution line would need to have ability. Given the tenderness of Basic Pokémon in such evolution lines, in addition to me working from top to bottom, Poliwag made an excellent selection for this ability spotlight.

{Sticky Body} reflects the physical attribute of a Tadpole's body. If you touch it, you're going to have to go out of your way to get over the resistance it creates (in being stick, or slimy, or otherwise). Functionally, it works as about a 50% stall and deterrent—which are fine numbers regarding the need for both power and balance.

[Tail Slap] accents that flavor with its effect. If you're slapped by a sticky tail, it's definitely going to hold you back some—from which the function of this effect helps to double up on the medium range provided by the potential of {Sticky Body} itself.

Last edited:

Earthoul

Inside Shadow Storm
Thank you for your kind reply, Reap! I've learned your clever design for these cards.

1. Immortal Technique
You've ordered it to need the owner's activation, I see. Then, when does it permit him or her the activation (i.e. choice)? At any time Machamp BREAK becomes your Active 'mon, any time the opponent's 'mon come into play, and… perhaps any time Retreat Cost of (each of) his or her 'mon and/or Machamp BREAK is changed? In any case, this is obliged to be mentioned clearly in the Ability's text.
In addition, "your opponent's Pokémon can't…" is vague: do you mean by this "your opponent's Active Pokémon," or "each of your opponent's Pokémon?" (the underlined word(s) must be added to the text; I guess it's the latter)
In any case, as long as this Ability needs activation (i.e. "you may" clause), I'll propose dividing that sentence into two—one for the choice and its timing, and the other for the prevention; for example,
At any time […], you may choose 1 of the attacks or Abilities of […]. If you do, as long as this Pokémon is your Active Pokémon, prevent all effects of those attacks and Abilities, including damage, done to this Pokémon.

2. Bruno's I. Will
Sure, as expected! Then, let's have this supporter contain a parenthesis notation, "(Damage counters are still put on that Pokémon.)" or so.

3. Ultimate Submission Technique
I got it, you just wanted the override. Yes, you're right, the direct phrase "Each player takes [a] Prize" is a stand-alone effect; but, when put alone, it's so stand-alone that it becomes an addition to, not a cancellation of, the conventional conditions, as you're aware. In order to cancel them clearly, the most effective override should be not to count as a Knock Out, and instead just for the opponent to discard his or her Active 'mon and then for each player to take a Prize card; for example,
At any time between turns, your opponent may discard his or her Active Pokémon and all cards attached to it (this does not count as a Knock Out). If he or she does, each player takes a Prize card. Then, return this Pokémon and all cards attached to it to your hand.
This system must also inactivate any effects that would usually be activated when a Pokémon is Knocked Out; but I'm sure you'll love inactivation of this sort, too, since you're going to inactivate Empty Shell.

That said, I love these intriguing effects! I've also had much fun in such an interactive conversation, which has definitely been nourishing me (and you, I hope).

ReapThaWhirlwind

Aspiring Trainer
That seems incorrect to me. The ability has to affect Machamp BREAK directly before the selection can be made to negate it. Because of this, there seems to be no reason why not to compose this effect to operate with a static presence under triggered conditions. The effect is always in motion as long as Machamp BREAK is the Active Pokémon, and when the condition is triggered, that attack or ability can be selected to have no effect.

{Immortal Technique} will then totally negate the ability (thanks to Machamp BREAK) who possesses such superior power that it's easy for him. I don't see how this ability can't work that way it's written. I don't think I've made a mistake here although you seem to feel I have. So I hope maybe this explanation can clear up your confusion. If the ability would not affect Machamp BREAK, then there's no effect on it (because the triggering condition is not met). And the same goes for non-damaging, and non-Status Condition invoking attacks (such as Call for Family or Triple Draw).

As for Bruno's Indomitable Will, I don't believe that any further explanation is needed there. Although, I would expect in the development process for the team to push for a similar suggestion. Personally, I don't really mind it much either way—but I don't really think it's needed either. It should be a given that the damage counters are still placed on the card (and remain there despite the effect of Bruno's Indomitable Will). This is suggested by use of the game term "Knocked Out" in a stand-alone context all by itself—which by itself only references the operating function of getting Knocked Out—and doesn't reference a change to any of the other game function (such as damage counters).

Since it doesn't mention a change to any of those game functions, it should be a given that such things are not affected in any way, so that those game functions should be expected to still take place as they would normally do. Based on the context of the sentence, the Pokémon simply isn't Knocked Out by the damage (yet everything else remains the same).

I personally believe that forcing players to discern the context of a sentence is very important, so I would push against the development team for that standard of composure to take precedence overall. This higher standard of composure aims to raise awareness—which enables us to leave out errata wording that would otherwise clutter a design and possibly detract from its style. Explaining the concept of "context" to the player's once (even if for each and every card)—is far better than going out your way to put errata on each and every card that you fear there would be some confusion over. Raising the standard (and explaining it) aims to actively teach players and arm them for intellectual strength (rather than trying to desperately compensate for their weakness). It's far more beneficial on so many fronts, and that's why I would suggest we revert to a higher standard of wording composure.

On a final note, regarding {Ultimate Submission Technique}, thank you for your insight on the wording for that operation. I will keep it in mind. I'm still not sure if the ability works best as it is, or if it would be better to make the Prize collection balanced across the board. It's a very technical ability, that aims to persuade an opponent of trying to take advantage of it—so that they truly set themselves at a disadvantage somehow. That's a very difficult function to work, especially if the disadvantage comes off as too blatant (as could be suggested if they're losing multiple Prize cards). I also don't want the ability to be a waste either, where it works strictly to your opponent's favor and never in your own (which could be the case if you don't get a Prize card advantage from the ability). I would need to playtest the design a little in order to evaluate the special conditions of its potential. Which I can't do—so I'm just going to leave it as it is for now (I hope you don't mind).

Any insight for what you think might be the greatest option between the two would be interesting to me. Do you think it would be better with a balanced Prize collection or an offset one?

Earthoul

Inside Shadow Storm
Uh… you found something incorrect? I do agree with you, Reap, that Immortal Technique shouldn't operate with a static presence, and that the effects are always in motion. All the better since they're always in motion, the wording composure has to describe all the possible cases of the timing of the choice, or more precisely, when to get a chance to change the choice.
Let's say my opponent's Active 'mon with Retreat Cost of [C][C] has 2 Abilities affecting my Active Machamp BREAK with Retreat Cost of [C][C][C], one for prevention from attaching an Energy card, the other for that from using an attack (yes, it's an unreal situation, but possible in theory). Can I choose the former in order to attach an Energy card, and then the latter in order to attack my opponent's 'mon, during the same turn of mine? What if I use Switch twice after choosing the former?
The description of the timing is thus required, though it doesn't have to be an enumeration; this is at least the duty of those who create real cards to be bought and played by Pokémon fans of all ages. We know we aren't PCL and it's hard for us to achieve its level, but at the same time we're seeking realism (no doubt you're expert of doing it). You've done well at designing the timing of Zoroark-EX's Ability, and I'm sure you can solve this problem.
You first wrote "your opponent's Pokémon can't use […] on this Pokémon" (i.e. only on the Active Machamp BREAK; the effects of the chosen attacks/Abilities on your other 'mons do remain) and you just added that the attacks/Abilities not directly affecting Machamp BREAK aren't affected by Immortal Technique because no conditions are triggered. Then, this is exactly the same as "[to] prevent all effects […] done to this Pokémon," which belongs to the PCL's traditional wording composure, isn't it? If yes, let's appreciate the PCL's efforts for grammar and simply follow it (of course, we are capable of leaving comments on PCL's composure, which has to be done together with our creative works in the same post). Unnecessary and too brand-new composure always astonishes good players.
Your "mistakes," I dare say, are that you still lack the declaration of [1] the specific timing, however variable; [2] the specific objects to be affected, your opponent's Active 'mon or each of his/her 'mons (I hope you just missed answering); and [3] the specific reason for avoiding using the PCL's "prevent all" clause while it should be applicable. I love Immortal Technique's effects and I'd like them to remain. Please let us play your cards fairly.

I find it nice to establish a higher standard of grammar, too, and I feel such a standard has the player-friendly UI, since the PTCG is beloved by people all over the world, young and old. It's a big deal to send as simple a message as "any other thing remains the same" in a parenthetical notation. How do you find Unown AOR's Farewell Letter saying "you may discard this Pokémon and all cards attached to it (this does not count as a Knock Out)?" Is it saying too much? (I'd had a poor example and I changed)

I think Ultimate Submission Technique's effect of forcing each player to take a Prize is interesting enough and should remain.
If you're just feeling like revising the effect, i.e. you're feeling we've done the wording for the operation of the original plan (even if we say goodbye to that plan at last), then now the time to edit, before going to further revision, as you said "as I'm constantly working to perfect them they will often change." Let's not waste time in repeating the same argument.

Last edited:

ReapThaWhirlwind

Aspiring Trainer
Timing is not an issue here. The ability is ever-present, and it works defensively without a description of time—which is truly the nature of the ability itself. It reflects a defensive stance. In that essence, along the lines of a defensive nature, you can simply select the abilities and attacks from your opponent's Pokémon (all of them) that can't be used as they are attempted. And from there, those selections would account towards the number of attacks and/or abilities that you are allotted to negate each turn (based on the difference between their Retreat Cost). If they reset their Pokémon with Switch, it resets the number allotted to negate their abilities.

I don't mind errata sometimes, and I understand that with a lot of practice in that method, the cerebral cortex can become so strongly knit on that notion it can hurt to think of doing things differently. This is simply the way the brain works. I'm a little accustom to certain errata myself (such as the Knock Out clause in your example). However, what I am suggesting is to tighten the belt, and remove as much unnecessary errata as possible—then abstaining the practice of using in cases where the context of a sentence should be clearly understood by everyone—as it's written—without any errata (as previously explained).

Last edited:

ReapThaWhirlwind

Aspiring Trainer
Metabolize Ditto

Ditto 70HP

{Ability} Metabolize [When you play this card from your hand, you may pair this card with 1 of your Pokémon in play. As long as both Pokémon remain in play, this Pokémon is treated as though it has the same Basic Energy cards attached to it as the Pokémon it's paired with.]

ITi36iA.png
ITi36iA.png
ITi36iA.png
ITi36iA.png
Mirror Move [✨] Choose an attack of 1 of your Benched Pokémon. If this Pokémon has the necessary Energy to use that attack, use it as this attack.

Weakness:
KXfFG2d.png
2x
Resistance:
Retreat:
ITi36iA.png
ITi36iA.png

The attack's cost is sizably high, but the ability is very powerful, so I felt like this design would need that hike to help balance out its power. This way, Ditto can't use attacks requiring two energy or less, unless you attach more energy to that Pokémon itself.

This of course is intended to cover powerful cards such as Mega Manectric—and other power 2-energy Mega Evolutions. Due to the hike, you'll have to attach a Double Colorless energy or something to Ditto in order to use those attacks.

I am however uncertain if the hike is too steep at four energy, but three energy seems like it's enough of a challenge, so that's why I've just left it as-is for the time being.

Flavorwise, I think it's also a very neat effect. Because Ditto is a very small Pokémon, so I can just imagine the little guy having to struggle extra hard in order to imitate certain attacks. And so that is represented by the extra energy it takes to use Mirror Move.

Last edited:

ReapThaWhirlwind

Aspiring Trainer
Psi Corrupt

Nincada 40HP

{Ability}
Dig Away [Once during your turn (before your attack), if this Pokémon has any Energy attached to it and is your Active Pokémon, you may switch it with 1 of your Benched Pokémon.]

6ROigcL.png
Bug Bite [10] If the Defending Pokémon has
9E99NEe.png
Weakness, the Defending Pokémon is now Confused.

Weakness:
T8OlPR0.png
2x
Resistance:
Retreat:
ITi36iA.png

______

Ninjask 70HP

ψ Corrupt [When you play this card from your hand to evolve 1 of your Pokémon, flip a coin. If heads, your opponent reveals 3 cards at random from his or her hand. Then, you may discard 1 of those cards.]

9E99NEe.png
Struggle Bug [40] The Defending Pokémon can't use attacks requiring any energy that's not Colorless during your opponent's next turn.

ITi36iA.png
ITi36iA.png
Thief [60] Choose a Supporter card from your opponent's discard pile and use it as the effect for this attack.

Weakness:
T8OlPR0.png
2x
Resistance:
DH6FLp2.png
Retreat:

Last edited:

Blui

lv85 paladin
Psi Corrupt is incredibly degenerate and probably not what you want to be designing. It's the sort of thing that takes fun away from playing because players are always going to grab the best card (be it a Supporter or Energy required for the next turn). You've also made it an Ancient Trait which can't be stopped by any current forms of lock, unless you've made some that I haven't seen. I understand you play Magic yes? Corrupt in Pokemon is equivalent to having an opening 7 with Swamp, Dark Ritual and 3 discard spells. It's too easy to exploit and just makes your opponent miserable.

Struggle Bug also isn't something you really want to see for 1 Energy outside of a "colourless matters" kind of set. Thief is really sweet, as is Nincada.

EDIT: Thief actually may be kind of ridiculous with Psi Corrupt actually, as you really do get degenerate with that. It's fine on its own but in conjunction with Corrupt I don't know.

Last edited:

ReapThaWhirlwind

Aspiring Trainer
Thank you for expressing your concern, this was a concern of mine as well. The next idea that I had in mind for this ability, takes it and tones it down some, yet to much of the same benefit. What do you think?

ψ Corrupt [When you play this card from your hand to evolve 1 of your Pokémon, your opponent reveals three cards at random from his or her hand. Then, you may discard 1 of those cards.]

Last edited:

ReapThaWhirlwind

Aspiring Trainer
Psi Link

Absol 100HP

ψ Link [Once during your turn (before your attack), you may choose an Ability of 1 of your Pokémon and use it for this Pokémon (in place of this ability) as long as this Pokémon remains in play.]

3ZkQ4ZZ.png
Dark Prophecy [20] Look at the top card of your opponent's deck. Then, you may discard that card.

zpckazW.png
3ZkQ4ZZ.png
Night Slash [✨] This attack does 30 damage to 3 of your opponent's Pokémon. The Defending Pokémon is now Confused. (Don't apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokémon.)

Weakness:
DH6FLp2.png
2x
Resistance:
Retreat:
3ZkQ4ZZ.png

Last edited:

ReapThaWhirlwind

Aspiring Trainer
Machamp 150HP

ψ Link [Once during your turn (before your attack), you may choose an Ability of 1 of your Pokémon and use it for this Pokémon (in place of this ability) as long as this Pokémon remains in play.]

DH6FLp2.png
3ZkQ4ZZ.png
3ZkQ4ZZ.png
Flash of Muscle [60] Choose up to 3 Item cards from your discard pile and return those cards to your hand.

DH6FLp2.png
DH6FLp2.png
DH6FLp2.png
Serious Business [✨] If the Defending Pokémon has less than 4 Energy attached to it, take a Prize card.

Weakness:
bZ6k2ZH.png
2x
Resistance:
Retreat:
3ZkQ4ZZ.png
3ZkQ4ZZ.png
3ZkQ4ZZ.png

Last edited:

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Wow, that Machamp looks pretty powerful! Flash of Muscle does a decent chunk of good damage as well as potentially bring a ton of powerful items into your hand, while Serious Business can instakill the majority of the format bar perhaps large Yveltal/Mewtwos, Keldeo-EXs, P-Groudon and P-Kyogre.

Eitherway, nice to see some more works. ^.^

ReapThaWhirlwind

Aspiring Trainer
I agree that the attack is very powerful. I have considered that it's possibly off by an energy or so. I wanted something that can attack for a single energy, but I think the attack's effect more than makes up for raw power. It's more challenging in most cases, which although is bad for people that are less tactically inclined, will ultimately push tactical players to be more explicit. As a fun-fact for this design, this Machamp was designed to represent the Shinto God Susanoo.

The second attack was originally named Storm the Guard, which was representative of an offensive technique that involves rushing your opponent to cut off their offensive momentum. It's especially useful when your opponent has a weapon of some kind, because cutting off the distance between you strongly detracts from the power of any impact. Ultimately, the name of that attack just didn't read as well to me, invoking the thought of a personal guard—rather than a defensive guard.

For this reason, took the name for the first attack, and assigned it to the second attack—feeling first that it was too powerful of a concept to let go of—and secondly that it fit the context of that second attack's effect a little better even. From there, I revered the first attack back to an original concept I had devised in the development process—an attack named Flash of Muscle—which was intended to symbolize the strike of thunder in a storm, and the commanding presence of a powerful battle God. Also, a suggestion on how a lonely guy might be able to charm some good-spirited sweetheart.

Last edited:

ReapThaWhirlwind

Aspiring Trainer
Blissey BREAK & EX

Blissey EX 230HP

{Ability} Nurse's Love [If this Pokémon is on your Bench, and your Active Pokémon would be dealt more than 60 damage (after applying weakness, resistance, and all other effects), reduce that damage to 60.]

3ZkQ4ZZ.png
3ZkQ4ZZ.png
Lovely Kiss [50] The Defending Pokémon is now Asleep.

Weakness:
DH6FLp2.png
2x
Resistance:
Retreat:
3ZkQ4ZZ.png

Blissey BREAK 210HP

{Ability} Miracle Egg [Your Active Pokémon can't be affected by any Special Conditions, and its attacks aren't affected by any effects on your opponent's Pokémon.]

Blissey 160HP

{Ability} Blessing [If you would flip any coins for your Pokémon, you may treat the first flip as heads.]

3ZkQ4ZZ.png
3ZkQ4ZZ.png
Blow Kiss [100] Choose 1 of your opponent's Pokémon for this attack and flip a coin for each damage counter on that Pokémon. Then, if you flipped more tails than heads, this attack does nothing.

Weakness:
DH6FLp2.png
2x
Resistance:
Retreat:
3ZkQ4ZZ.png
3ZkQ4ZZ.png

Chansey 120HP

{Ability} Tenderness [If this Pokémon becomes damaged by an opponent's attack, or affected by a Special Condition, you may discard all cards attached to this Pokémon and shuffle it into your deck.]

3ZkQ4ZZ.png
Sweet Surprise [✨] Heal 60 from 1 of your opponent's Pokémon. Then, you may change the Weakness of that Pokémon to the type of your choice for as long as that Pokémon remains in play.

Weakness:
DH6FLp2.png
2x
Resistance:
Retreat:
3ZkQ4ZZ.png

Last edited:

ReapThaWhirlwind

Aspiring Trainer
Balance Ball

Balance Ball [Item Card]

Search your deck for a Pokémon with a Retreat Cost that's different from 1 of your Pokémon in play, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Shuffle your deck afterwards.

Originally named Scale Ball (as in the balance of scale), but changed to the name that's presented for style reasons. Big question here is—should this card restrict to all your Pokémon in play (locking you out if you have an array of different Retreat Cost); or should it allow you to pick and choose between an array of Pokémon, to grab an alternative card (even if you have another Pokémon out with that Retreat Cost).

What do you all think? I'm more partial to the second, since it makes the card more fun, yet still has somewhat of a light build up to it.

Last edited:

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
I sorta like the effect it has right now, since it seems most flavourful. You could make it so it only applies to your Active (or even your opponent's Active) if you're looking for versatility, but I do quite like it at its present point.

ReapThaWhirlwind

Aspiring Trainer
Jump Ball & Cascade Ball

Jump Ball [Item Card]

Return a Pokémon (excluding Pokémon EX) with no damage counters on it, and all cards attached to it to your hand. Then, search your deck for a copy of that Pokémon, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Shuffle your deck afterwards.

yah~ wah~ yahooo~

Cascade Ball [Item Card]

Look at the top 5 cards of your deck. You may reveal a Basic Pokémon you find there and put it into your hand. Shuffle the other cards back into your deck. Then, if you may repeat this process for a Stage 1, and then a Stage 2 Pokémon if successful.

waaaaaoooooo~

Last edited:

ReapThaWhirlwind

Aspiring Trainer
DNA Splicer

DNA Splicer [Pokémon Tool Card]

All Type symbols in the text of the Pokémon this card is attached to are treated as another Type of your choice (You choose what Type when you play this card from your hand).

Just something neat I had been pondering on for awhile. Wouldn't think it's anything new that no one else has thought of, but I just thought I would put it here anyways for fun.

Last edited:

ReapThaWhirlwind

Aspiring Trainer
Xi Purity

Clefairy 50HP

zYOcNzS.png
3ZkQ4ZZ.png
Metronome [✨] Choose an attack at random from any of your other Pokémon and use it as this attack.

Weakness:
bZ6k2ZH.png
2x
Resistance:
YkWz5tL.png
Retreat:
3ZkQ4ZZ.png

Clefable 100HP

Ξ Purity [Whenever this Pokémon becomes affected by the effects of an opponent's attack, Ability, or Trainer card (excluding damage), your opponent's Active Pokémon becomes affected by the same effect.]

3ZkQ4ZZ.png
Starlight [30] This attack deals 10 damage to each of your opponent's Benched Pokémon. Each Pokémon damaged by this attack loses all abilities until the end of your opponent's next turn.

zYOcNzS.png
3ZkQ4ZZ.png
Starbright [30] The Defending Pokémon can't attack during your opponent's next turn. Then, switch this Pokémon with 1 of your Benched Pokémon.

Weakness:
2iQkpa9.png
2x
Resistance:
YkWz5tL.png
Retreat:
3ZkQ4ZZ.png

Chansey 130HP

Ξ
Purity [Whenever this Pokémon becomes affected by the effects of an opponent's attack, Ability, or Trainer card (excluding damage), your opponent's Active Pokémon becomes affected by the same effect.]

{Ability} Lucky Pouch [Once during your turn (before your attack), you may reveal cards from the top of your deck until you reveal an Item card and put that card into your hand. Then, shuffle the other cards into your deck.]

3ZkQ4ZZ.png
Happy Meal [20] Remove all Special Conditions from this Pokémon.

Weakness:
bZ6k2ZH.png
2x
Resistance:
YkWz5tL.png
Retreat:
3ZkQ4ZZ.png

Chansey is a Fairy-type now. Not this card in particular though—it's a colorless type.
What I mean is that Chansey's Weakness and Resistance here reflects that of a Fairy-type.

Last edited: