TCG Fakes ReapThaWhirlwind's Graphic Underworld [Text Based Designs]

ReapThaWhirlwind

Aspiring Trainer
106344.jpg

TM ITEM CARDS

Had this idea for a revision of the original TM item cards. This idea classifies the Technical Machine Cards as Items, rather than what might be suggested to be Pokémon Tool Cards given how they're attached to Pokémon as Tool cards are. This aspect is intended to enabling these cards to be used alongside Pokémon Tool Cards without abilities such as Theta Double—thus providing a realism that's more true to the game (given how TM's are originally items)—while preserving their interactivity with Tool cards to provide a fun factor. This suite is intended to breathe new life into the game by opening up more creative potential, rather than oppressing it alongside the limitations of Pokémon Tool Cards.

The format I have been using consists of a numbers system (just like from the digital game), which divides TMs into 2 primary divisions. Official attacks from the game are currently assigned numbers from 99 and below—while custom attacks (as often seen in the TCG) take the numbers of 100 and up.

These cards are classified as Item Cards with the subclass Technical Machine Card. In order to capture some realism from the digital game, a Pokémon cannot have more than four attacks, so a Technical Machine Card can only be attached to a Pokémon with 3 attacks or less. This Technical Machine Card physically adds an attack to the Pokémon's own—so that you can continue to attach Technical Machine Cards to that Pokémon until that Pokémon has four attacks.

TM #43 [Focus Energy] [Technical Machine Card]

[Attach this card to 1 of your Pokémon that has 3 attacks or less. That Pokémon gains this card's attack as one of its own.]

ITi36iA.png
ITi36iA.png
Focus Energy [✨] Until the end of your next turn, this Pokémon's attacks do 70 more damage to 1 of your opponent's Pokémon. (Before applying weakness and resistance.)

(If this card is attached to a Pokémon with more than four attacks, discard a Technical Machine Card attached to that Pokémon until that Pokémon has only four attacks.)

TM #103 [Fatal Fury] [Technical Machine Card]

[Attach this card to 1 of your Pokémon that has 3 attacks or less. That Pokémon gains this card's attack as one of its own.]

ITi36iA.png
ITi36iA.png
Fatal Fury [30x] Flip 5 coins. This attack does 30 damage times the number of heads.

(If this card is attached to a Pokémon with more than four attacks, discard a Technical Machine Card attached to that Pokémon until that Pokémon has only four attacks.)

Last edited:

ReapThaWhirlwind

Aspiring Trainer
Zoroark EX & TM #144 [Dark Rush]

Zoroark EX 170HP

{Ability} Master of the Shadows [When you play this card from your hand, you may choose 1 of your Pokémon (excluding Pokémon-EX) and have this Pokémon's HP become the same as the chosen Pokémon. If this Pokémon would be Knocked Out, the chosen Pokémon is Knocked Out instead. Then, heal all damage from this Pokémon. This effect ends if either Pokémon leaves play.]

eEuCA45.png
ITi36iA.png
Fox Magic
[60] Flip a coin. If heads, choose 1 Special Condition. The Defending Pokémon is now affected by that Special Condition. You can't choose a Special Condition for this attack that the Defending Pokémon was affected by during your last turn.

Weakness:
KXfFG2d.png
2x
Resistance:
BqoL9rj.png
Retreat:
ITi36iA.png

TM #144 [Dark Rush] [Technical Machine Card]

[Attach this card to 1 of your
eEuCA45.png
Pokémon that has 3 attacks or less. That Pokémon gains this card's attack as one of its own.]

eEuCA45.png
eEuCA45.png
Dark Rush [20x] This attack does 20 damage times the number of damage counters on this Pokémon.

The concept for Zoroark came to mind while thinking of a creative way to capture the essence of Zoroark's talent with illusions. It's the foundation of Zoroark's character, so when designing a card as prominent as an EX for Zoroark—I wanted to capture that essence with as much creativity as possible.

Of course, when it comes to illusions, illusory objects are generally the first thing that comes to mind—shadow clones of some kind. And from that, I came up with the idea of an illusory HP effect—which is projected by {Master of the Shadows} in the sense of something like playing possum—or showing weakness to hide your strength.

In order to balance the power of this effect, I tied in some limitations. First of all, the ability is only good when played from the hand—which cancels out Zoroark EX as a starting Pokémon. This provides the challenge of having to work from the shadows, then work their way out of the shadows to make use of the ability. Secondly, the effect is tied to both Pokémon, so that if either leaves the damage remains and the effect ends—which encourages the challenge further and helps to create some liability conditions to balance the power of the effect. Excluding Pokémon EX was a given, since their HP is so high, the ability would have been blatantly overpowered and boring (lacking interactivity).

To further balance the design, and add to its tactical edge, I dulled the raw power of the [Fox Magic] attack down to a medium level—then polishing off that sanded edge with the aspect of nearly unlimited Special Condition potential. The attack was originally named [Master of the Arts]—which reflected the essence of having the power of all Special Conditions at its paws. The character of Zoroark strongly inspired this for me, since Zoroark is strongly portrayed as an adept ninja of sorts. A virtuoso of talents, that slips in and out of the shadows with tactical grace.

I later opted that name out though, to make way for a change in the ability name (which I didn't want there to be any redundancy between). The name [Fox Magic] was then selected instead, which I think capture the essence in just as grand a form—if not even being a little more stylish. Magic is another very prominent power of the fox in Japanese folklore—so I can image this would be far more appealing towards the fantasy game experience than the original name would have been.

That appeal is very important when you're developing a fantasy game, since realism is the core of all fantasy appeal, and that fantasy appeal is the core of all entertainment value in that game. Naturally, realism equals fantasy equals fun equals entertainment.

And that's the formula for success I seek to exemplify in the style of my work. It's intended to inspire people to be more stylish in their own work, so that their designs are more creative, more interactive, and the names provoke a deep sense of realism. That's what's going to make their designs appealing (both visually and functionally)—thus perfecting the quality of their development skills. Boring designs are nothing special to behold—everything has to have style. Without that, your work will only be scattered under the light of a greater development.

Zoroark EX stands to be a golden example of this. It has style etched into every aspect of the design. The abilities are interactive and fun, there's a challenge to them—yet they're uniquely powerful. The names have a deep sense of style. They are based on powerful fantasy concepts. It all adds to the overall appeal of the card, and appeal is what makes any design (or any game) fun to play.

[Fox Magic] was additionally limited to add further challenge to the design. The flip of the coin at first it to limit the potential of powerful Special Conditions (such as Paralyzed in particular). Although Special Conditions themselves are negated via evolution, Paralyzed alone is far too powerful to provide in an attack without the least amount of limitations that I've set down here to balance [Fox Magic] (and this includes not being able to choose the same Special Conditions twice in a row for the same Pokémon).

Secondly, the flip of the coin as been implemented to work as combo materia with another custom design of mine (Expert Belt)—which takes the potential liability of [Fox Magic] and turns it into a possible masterstroke. The Pokémon Tool Card (Expert Belt), will be showcased later, and enables players to flip two additional coins if a Pokémon's attack would flip a coin—then adds all those additional effects provided by the extra coin flips if able. This would not only give [Fox Magic] two additional chances to succeed, but can add two additional Special Conditions to the effect of the attack (so long as those Special Conditions are compatible with each another).

The basis for this design was a bit simpler. Taking the foundation of Zoroark EX's {Master of the Shadows} ability—I devised an alternative play option via a Dark-type exclusive Technical Machine card. This has been a project concept of mine, that I've been working on lately in my recent developments with the intention of brining the concept full circle. I plan on making at least one Technical Machine card for each type, which at first revolves around a core-design of mine, yet then extends to a number of other cards with the same type.

Dark Rush was such a powerful attack when it comes to the style of Dark-type Pokémon, that even at first it seemed like a perfect selection. My intention isn't to always borrow from other attacks to suite my Technical Machine collection, but I'm not beyond it either if all of the most important attributes are there. This was the case with Dark Rush—that not only works well with Zoroark EX as an alternative play option to [Fox Magic]—it would be really powerful with other Dark-type Pokémon such as Ancient Origins Tyranitar EX—and {Dark Shade} [Team Plasma] Umbreon.

Despite that potential, I still didn't see much reason to limit the cost of the attack any further—since as a Technical Machine card isn't readily available to use—and can be underminded on stronger Pokémon by the effects of cards like Head Ringer, {Safeguard} Suicuine, etc. At two solid Dark energy, it's somewhat of a climb to get to (especially later in the game, and if you've diversified your energy). The attack itself is helpless to one-hit KOs, and as it stands simply runs along the same lines as [Outrage] Kyruem EX & [Steaming Mad] Machamp EX—both of which can't rely solely on those attacks to any immense success—so I'd say it's fine as it is.

Last edited:

qrorohill

formerly known as TFP
Zoroark EX & TM #144 [Dark Rush]

Zoroark EX 170HP

{Ability} Master of the Shadows [ When you play this card from your hand, you may choose 1 of your Pokémon (excluding Pokémon-EX) and have this Pokémon's HP become the same as the chosen Pokémon. If this Pokémon would be knocked out, the chosen Pokémon is Knocked Out instead. Then, heal all damage from this Pokémon. This effect ends if either Pokémon leaves play. ]

{D}{✶} Fox Magic [60] Flip a coin. If heads, choose 1 Special Condition. The Defending Pokémon is now affected by that Special Condition. You can't choose any Special Conditions for this attack that the Defending Pokémon was affected by during your last turn.

Weakness: {F} Resistance: (N/A) Retreat: {✶}

TM #144 [Dark Rush] [Technical Machine Card]

{D}{D}
Dark Rush [20x] This attack does 20 damage times the number of damage counters on this Pokémon.

I like your ideas about TM's. but they seem a bit to powerful.
Nice effects with the attacks aswell :p
I hope to see more cards from you

ReapThaWhirlwind

Aspiring Trainer
Care to explain why you think that they're overpowered?

I need details so that I might be able to elaborate on whatever perspective you're coming from.

If you could also please, remove the quote from your post, and don't quote specific posts in future responses. The designs are adaptive, and as I'm constantly working to perfect them they will often change. This can lead to confusion down the road if you've quoted an obsolete version of some design.

Last edited:

qrorohill

formerly known as TFP
Care to explain why you think that they're overpowered?

I need details so that I might be able to elaborate on whatever perspective you're coming from.

I am not good in explaning, but i am going to try my best :)

The TM's are playable on every card, so if the TM's are playable it doesn't even matter which cards you play anymore. So that makes your cards less interesting and the TM's more. I think the interest should be more on the cards. So my idea is: make an TM only for 1 type, so not for every card. That could make the typings more interesting in my opinion.

Not wel explained :rolleyes:
But.. Hey i tried :p

ReapThaWhirlwind

Aspiring Trainer
Understood—but not all TMs are going to be universal. They are intended to be type-specific (I just forgot that clause on the Dark Rush card). The first two are universal because the nature of those attacks are very universal, they are attacks that nearly any Pokémon should be able to use. Please forgive me for any confusion there. Don't forget to go back and remove the quote from your original post so that potentially out-dated versions of cards aren't being referenced. You can just reference the card directly and illustrate your points of interest from there—it would much more effective and cut back on any confusion issues.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Sweet, a new faker! I think I already commented on the TM idea, but TheFlyingPidove did make a good point about the TMs. You need to be extra careful to ensure the TMs won't ever be broken on a card with any specific effect, but I'm sure you will be able to meet that challenge!

Also, are you fine with me nitpicking wording errors? I know too much wording rules of the TCG for my own good, so I can help you reach maximum realism if you so wish. For an example, you've got "knocked out" uncaptilised (which I assume is a typo), while "The Defending Pokémon is now affected by" should be "Your opponent's Active Pokémon is now affected by" as according to updated XY wording.

ReapThaWhirlwind

Aspiring Trainer
Yes—that was a typo. And no, I don't mind if you advise me on the proper wording composition. I am prominent when it comes to Magic wording composure and like to the same, yet I'm still a little unfamiliar when it comes to Pokémon TCG wording composure. All my designs are going to be text-based ones, since I lack the means to create graphic renders. However, in that lies a greater essence of the game itself—in regards to the complexity, uniqueness, and interactivity of the content itself—and aspect of game development that I will be sure to elaborate on in the future.

Not to sound rude, but I notice a lot of people who produce these amazingly artistic renders of their cards, their the quality of the content within is bland, and only treads the same waters of bland content you might prominently see actually printed. Those are dark waters to tread, and I see it as a waste of so much greater potential in regards of raising the standard of development so that the influence of these higher standards might take precedence for everyone.

Obviously, this is a complex subject—and I have enough experience to know that it doesn't come naturally for most people. And that is why I stress the importance of explaining the details of my work, so that people might be able to take my collective intelligence, and use my understanding to broaden their own understanding of game physics and artistic flare. It's by this that people can begin to produce more dynamic content, so that their artistic talents can begin to take full bloom.

I have yet to explain the two cards above, but I promise I will get around to it later. I'm just working on something else right now.

Last edited:

ReapThaWhirlwind

Aspiring Trainer
Had to update the wording on Zoroark EX. It turns out I may have given your advice too much credit. The wording composure I had original provided was the proper context for what I was intending to do. The game term "Defending Pokémon" references the current Active Pokémon targeted by Zoroark EX's attack, which in important to use over the game term "Active Pokémon"—so that if Zoroark moves in on a Pokémon that was switched out during your last turn—you won't be locked out from any Special Conditions with Fox Magic.

For example, say your opponent's Active Pokémon was put Asleep—but then your opponent used Switch to change their Active Pokémon (thus removing the condition). If the context of Fox Magic used the term "Active Pokémon"—Zoroark EX would be unable to choose Asleep again, when you should be able to because your technically not overlapping the Special Condition since your opponent changed their Active Pokémon. That is why Fox Magic uses the context Defending Pokémon. It was intended to prevent the selection of Paralyzed consecutively, without unnecessarily limiting the effect for other Special Conditions—or in scenarios where a different Pokémon entirely was affected by that Special Condition.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
That makes sense! This sort of effect honestly gets quite messy with me. :p
Great to see you're doing your own research, by the way. Not too many people do that. ^_^

ReapThaWhirlwind

Aspiring Trainer
There was no research involved. I knew the difference between the context of the two terms before hand. What happened was I had mistaken the context of what you said as though there was some revision of the wording standards that I had not been aware of. The Liligant card posted today on the front page had cleared up that confusion before I could look into it. As soon as I finish with this deck article, I'm going to get a shower, get some food, and possibly I will update the cards I posted with a little detail. Please be on the lookout for that.

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
There are a few things about your Zoroark-EX that I think could be improved––

#Master of Shadows sounds just a bit off to me in terms of wording. After a bit of research into recent cards with similar wordings, here's what I came up with:

When you play this Pokémon from your hand onto your Bench, you may choose 1 of your Pokémon (except Pokémon-EX). As long as both Pokémon are in play, this Pokémon's maximum HP is now the same as that Pokémon's maximum HP. If this Pokémon would be Knocked Out, that Pokémon is Knocked Out instead. Then, heal all damage from this Pokémon.

(Shaymin-EX ROS, Ditto BCR, Haxorus BKT)

I'm still not sure about "except" versus "excluding" for the non-EX clause, but from recent cards I've seen (can't think which ones atm) I think "except" works a bit better.

#As for the point on "Active Pokémon" versus "Defending Pokémon", I think the proper wording might actually be this:
Flip a coin. If heads, choose 1 Special Condition. Your opponent's Active Pokémon is now affected by that Special Condition. You can't choose a Special Condition for this attack that the Defending Pokémon was affected by during your last turn.

Really awkward wording, I know, but I think it makes sense, given some thought. The first use of the phrase is when you place the Special Condition, and "Your opponent's Active Pokémon" is always used when that happens. The second use is in the clause, where you do want to emphasize "Defending" as opposed to "current Active".

Obviously you don't have to take either of these suggestions, but it's what I could find for the wording. :)

#And last, while it's easy to infer from what we know of Zoroark and the Energy it requires for the attack, Zoroark-EX being Dark-type isn't stated on the card. I realize it was likely just a typo, but I think this is especially important considering how much your TM mechanic relies on a Pokémon's type. :)

ReapThaWhirlwind

Aspiring Trainer
Right, it seemed awkward to me as well with Active and Defending on opposite ends of the ability. It reads much cleaner to me as I have it now matching. What you've suggested has been considered, but for composure appeal, has taken the form it is now. I haven't looked into it too far, but I'm pretty sure we can use "Defending" in the context of Special Conditions. I had originally cross-referenced the context with the [Team Plasma] Amoongus. What you've suggested for {Master of the Shadows} does not suite the function for this ability that I've intended. I don't want this ability to copy increases in HP—so the clause "maximum" as been left out.

As a general term, the word HP denotes the printed value on the card—so there's no red tape involved with increases and decreases. The context of (excluding Pokémon-EX) can be cross-referenced from the card Silver Bangle if you'd like to look into it. As for the type, it should have been obvious since Zoroark is exclusively a Dark-type Pokémon—so there aren't any other options to choose from really. In the future, I will strive to denote specific types for designs of multi-type Pokémon. I hope this clears up any confusions you've had.

Is there anything you wanted to note about the abilities itself and their interactive potential with the game engine or other content? That's really the foundation of the game itself and the core of all development. I'm always looking to hivemind with others and see what insights they might be able to provide to broaden my own.

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
"Defending Pokémon" is only used with Special Conditions before the XY block, which is why Amoonguss PLS has that wording. "Your opponent's Active Pokémon" has been used on everything leaving Special Conditions after the base XY set, at least as far as I know, and I can't find any cards that don't follow this rule.

I can't actually find any recent cards referencing the HP printed on the card; only those that care about "remaining HP". I found an older card saying "maximum HP" (Koga's Ditto), but that also doesn't factor Giant Cape or other cards that increase HP, which I completely forgot about in writing "maximum HP". I might think about "base HP" as an alternative; "HP" by itself sounds a bit too vague. Did you happen to find a reference for "HP"?

I didn't say it wasn't obvious that Zoroark is a Dark-type––it was obvious, but I think it's important all the same to put the type on the spoiler. For all we know, you might have meant it to be a ∂-species card or some other type-changing mechanic.

I noted Silver Bangle, but I also noted Brigette:
"Search your deck for 1 Basic Pokémon-EX, or 3 Basic Pokémon (except for Pokémon-EX), and put them onto your Bench. Shuffle your deck afterward."
Not sure which wording fits more on Zoroark.
EDIT: Actually, Hoopa-EX (AOR) and Deoxys-EX (PLF) have very similar Abilities in that they can't be used on other Hoopa/Deoxys, respectively, but the more recent one uses "except for". So I'd go with that, but again, it's up to you. :)

I can't really comment on the Abilities' interactivity with the game engine without seeing too many of your other cards. If this is intended to be used in the current Standard format (XY-BKT), I'd say that Zoroark's Ability is decent, but without setting up a Stage 2 or something, you won't likely be able to get above 120 or so HP, and with Lucario-EX so prominent (which OHKOs a 120-HP Zoroark with Corkscrew Smash) I'm not sure how it would fare. It also suffers a bit from how easily cards can snipe (Crobat) or hit formerly Benched Pokémon (Lysandre), which could take out whatever Pokémon was targeted by Master of Shadow prematurely, and then Zoroark would have no lifeline.

Unfortunately, the current format revolves hugely around either locking your opponent out of the game entirely (Vileplume, Giratina-EX, Regice, etc.) or taking extremely fast OHKOs or 2HKOs (M-Manectric, Speed Rayquaza, Hawlucha/Lucario-EX, etc.) Since Zoroark-EX doesn't really do either, I'm not sure it could really stand up to some threats in the format. Although, I haven't seen all your TMs, so it's entirely likely there's some heavy-hitting attack that Zoroark could use effectively.

ReapThaWhirlwind

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Four Bruno & Tag Battle Collections 1 & 2

Elite Four Bruno [Supporter]

[You can't play this card unless your Active Pokémon has 3 damage counters on it or more.]

Search your deck for up to 3 cards of any single type, reveal them, and put them into your hand. Shuffle your deck afterwards.

Black Belt [Pokémon Tool Card]

[Attach this Pokémon Tool to 1 of your Pokémon that doesn't already have a Pokémon Tool attached to it.]

When the Pokémon this card is attached to is Knocked Out, you may move all Energy cards that provide
KXfFG2d.png
attached to this Pokémon to another 1 of your other Pokémon that has Black Belt attached to it.

Expert Belt [Pokémon Tool Card]

[Attach this Pokémon Tool to 1 of your Pokémon that doesn't already have a Pokémon Tool attached to it.]

If the Pokémon this card is attached to would flip any coins for its attack, you may flip 2 additional coins for that attack. Then, you may add any of those additional effects to that attack if possible.

Tag Battle Collection 1

Throh EX 170HP

{Ability}
Ultimate Submission Technique [Anytime between turns, your opponent may Knock Out his or her Active Pokémon. If your opponent does, each player collects 1 Prize card. Then, return this Pokémon and all cards attached to it to your hand.]

KXfFG2d.png
ITi36iA.png
Storm Throw [70+] Flip a coin. If heads, you may have your opponent switch the Defending Pokémon with 1 of his or her Benched Pokémon. If tails, this attack does 30 more damage.

Weakness:
BqoL9rj.png

Resistance: N/A
Retreat:
ITi36iA.png
ITi36iA.png
ITi36iA.png

Sawk EX 170HP

{Ability}
Counterstep [When this Pokémon is attacked, flip a coin. If heads, switch this Pokémon with 1 of your Benched Pokémon before doing damage. Then, during your next turn, this Pokémon may attack twice.]

KXfFG2d.png
ITi36iA.png
ITi36iA.png
Flash Strike [70+] Flip a coin. If heads, this attack does 30 more damage. If tails, this attack's damage isn't affected by any effects on your opponent's Active Pokémon.

Weakness:
BqoL9rj.png

Retreat:
ITi36iA.png
ITi36iA.png

Tag Battle Collection 2

Hitmonchan EX 160HP

{Ability}
Prize Guard
[When this Pokémon is Knocked Out, your opponent flips two coins. For each tails, your opponent takes 1 less Prize card.]

KXfFG2d.png
ITi36iA.png
Cross Uppercut [60] If this Pokémon is at half its maximum HP or greater, this attack's base damage is doubled. If this Pokémon is at half its maximum HP or less, this attack's base damage is halved.

Weakness:
BqoL9rj.png

Retreat:
ITi36iA.png

Hitmonlee EX 160HP

{Ability}
Intense Training Regime [Whenever an Energy card that provides
KXfFG2d.png
becomes attached to this Pokémon, this Pokémon's HP is increased by 20 for as long as it remains in play.]

KXfFG2d.png
ITi36iA.png
ITi36iA.png
Blazing Thunder Kick [80] Discard 2 Energy attached to this Pokémon to use this attack. The Defending Pokémon is now Burned and Paralyzed.

Weakness:
BqoL9rj.png

Retreat:
ITi36iA.png

Last edited:

ReapThaWhirlwind

Aspiring Trainer
Bruno's Elite Collection Box

Primeape BREAK 130HP

{Ability} Beast Mode Activate! [Prevent all effects, including damage, that would be done to this Pokémon, by Abilities, and by attacks requiring 2 Energy or less.]

Primeape 90HP

ITi36iA.png
Saru Getchu [40] If the Defending Pokémon has
KXfFG2d.png
Resistance, this attack's base damage is 90 instead.

KXfFG2d.png
KXfFG2d.png
Wrath of Monkey Paws [50] The Defending Pokémon is now Burned and Confused.

Weakness:
BqoL9rj.png
2x
Resistance:
Retreat:
ITi36iA.png

Mankey 60HP

{Ability} Go Bananas! [If this Pokémon is damaged by an opponent's attack (even if this Pokémon is Knocked Out), search your deck for up to 3 Mankey cards and put them onto your Bench. Shuffle your deck afterwards.]

ITi36iA.png
ITi36iA.png
Mischevious Slap [10] If the Defending Pokémon has exactly 1 Energy card attached to it, discard that Energy.

Weakness:
BqoL9rj.png
2x
Resistance:
Retreat:
ITi36iA.png

Machamp BREAK 190HP

{Ability} Immortal Technique [As long as this Pokémon is your Active Pokémon, your opponent's Pokémon can't use 1 of its attacks (from least to greatest Energy cost) and Abilities (in any order) on this Pokémon for each
ITi36iA.png
in this Pokémon's Retreat Cost greater than that Pokémon's Retreat Cost.]

Machamp 160HP

KXfFG2d.png
ITi36iA.png
ITi36iA.png
Overpower [80] This attack does 20 more damage for each Energy in the Defending Pokémon's Retreat Cost.

KXfFG2d.png
KXfFG2d.png
ITi36iA.png
ITi36iA.png
Brutalize [130] If this Pokémon has two different types of Basic Energy attached to it, the Defending Pokémon is now Paralyzed.

Weakness:
BqoL9rj.png
2x
Resistance:
Retreat:
ITi36iA.png
ITi36iA.png
ITi36iA.png

Machoke 100HP

KXfFG2d.png
ITi36iA.png
ITi36iA.png
Side Slam [70] This attack costs
ITi36iA.png
less to use for each Energy in the Defending Pokémon's Retreat Cost below 3.

KXfFG2d.png
KXfFG2d.png
ITi36iA.png
Choke Hold [80] The Defending Pokémon is now Paralyzed if it has 100HP or less (after applying damage from this attack).

Weakness:
BqoL9rj.png
2x
Resistance:
Retreat:
ITi36iA.png
ITi36iA.png

Machop 70HP

{Ability} Bully Proof [Prevent all effects of attacks, including damage, done to this Pokémon by Basic Pokémon.]

KXfFG2d.png
Haymaker [20] If this Pokémon has any Special Energy attached to it, this attack's damage isn't affected by Resistance.

Weakness:
BqoL9rj.png
2x
Resistance:
Retreat:
ITi36iA.png

Last edited:

Blui

lv85 paladin
Nice fakes, it's always nice to see new fakers!
Just a quick thing with Machop's Ability.
Code:
This Pokémon can't be attacked except by Basic Pokémon (excluding Pokémon-EX).
Should instead read
Code:
Prevent all effects of attacks, including damage, done to this Pokémon by any Basic Pokémon (excluding Pokémon-EX).

This is because Pokemon technically aren't attacked, instead they take the effects of an attack. It just becomes awkward when an attack does nothing to Machop because it's still the Defending Pokemon (meaning it's being attacked) even though the attack does nothing to it.

ReapThaWhirlwind

Aspiring Trainer
Please forgive me. I understand this, I just wanted to throw that alternative context out there to see if it bothered anyone. I don't mind it personally, but if it bothers other people I would change it.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
If you want to be as accurate as possible to official wording, you will need to use Blui's wording. :p

But, your choice of course.

Earthoul

Inside Shadow Storm
Lovely and flavourful fake cards, monospaced-font lover (how should we call you? …Reap?),
You've made me feel like making a Fighting-type deck as soon as possible!

In order to play these cards with appreciation for you and your efforts, let me ask you some questions, the answer of which might lead to wording improvement:
  1. Machamp BREAK is my Active Pokémon now. Is it me who choose which attacks/Abilities to be prevented by Immortal Technique? Can I make a choice every turn, or will the choice be kept firm as is the case with your Zoroark-EX's Master of the Shadows?
  2. I played Bruno's Indomitable Will during my last turn with my Active Machamp BREAK having full HP, and your opponent's Active Pokémon did 200 damage to it. It isn't Knocked Out now, thanks to the supporter's effect; then, how many damage counters will it have on it? Will it have 20 without being Knocked Out, and then be Knocked Out at the end of my turn if it isn't healed any?
  3. I have Throh-EX in play. When Ultimate Submission Technique reads "If your opponent does, each player [takes a] Prize card," it does sound as if I'd take 2 plus 1 Prize cards if my opponent Knocks Out his or her Active Pokémon-EX by the effect of the Ability, because the right given to me by the Pokémon-EX being Knocked Out by an effect of an Ability is to take 2 Prize cards AFTER all the effects of that Ability are done, and because the overrides aren't clearly mentioned in Ultimate Submission Technique to deny this right. Did you design this effect so that I'd take exactly 1 Prize card regardless of what sort of Pokémon to be Knocked Out? If so, Do you want it to work so even if my opponent Knocks Out Shedinja DRX, which has the Empty Shell Ability?

I'm also among those whom the PCL's updates/revisions of the wording composure have astonished, and I feel nostalgic to see your consistent wording for HP in the sweet old style (e.g. "190 HP" instead of "HP 190"). Personally, I'd like to see BREAK Evolution Pokémon in the latest style ("HP 190"). I'd like to appreciate your idea of mixing the old with the new (if it is intended so), but I'm afraid your elaborate scheme gets less user-friendly, i.e. less real, as you seek realism.
Let's keep our creation user-friendly, shall we? (here's another example: the type of the Pokémon, however obvious it is.)