• Rayquaza SR

Votes: 17 70.8%
  • Rayquaza EX

Votes: 7 29.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Random Numbers

creeper FTW!
Many Rayeels decks have focused on Rayquaza EX and some only include Rayquaza SR.
Which do you think is the best?

Rayquaza SR:
can donk
is like terrakion
Only gives up 1 prize

Rayquaza EX:
can OHKO any EX
Discards energy to be recycled
Has higher HP

What do you think?

I don't like using either, honestly. Why run Fire Energy when you can run DCE?

EX is better for eels since it discards energy but you need some SR to counter bouffalant and sigilyph

Rayquaza EX is definitely better he can 1 shot any pokemon in the game with the right stuff he can be used in many more decks he has cooler artwork ;) and he is munch cheaper and just stronger and bulkier

I personally like rayquaza EX because it can OHKO any EX on T2 with it's first attack ( if you get sucessfull )
It's much better.

For the Secret Rare. It's definitely not worth putting in Fire Energy just for him. His best purpose is for getting the donk on Gible, Swablu, Tynamo and the occasional Dragon Deino. But you already have a good match-up against Garchomp (Unless you run Rayquaza EX), and the Dark Deino is used more then the Dragon one (At least that's what I've heard). The Tynamo donk is very helpful though. But if you're already running Rayquaza EX and Fire Energy, I'd say he's a good idea. He's a good attacker against Garchomp and Rayquaza EX (As well as most other Dragon types) if you have Fire Energy, because of there Dragon weakness. But sadly, he's not very good in most other match-ups, since his attacks are fairly weak, and most things basic forms have to much HP too be donked be him.

For the EX. In my opinion, putting him in as a 1-off tech is a bad idea. Since he's not the easiest to set-up in one turn as a surprise attack. And if you want to attack with him consistently you'll need a lot of Switch or just have to use him every other turn. Also, having 3 to 5 Fire Energy just for a tech seems like a waist. I think you should run 3 or maybe 2 just so you can attack with him consistently.

As for when you're attacking with 2 or 3, in my testing, it's a little slow. Having to get out 2 or 3 Eels plus 2 Rayquaza EXs with Fire Energy takes a while. But when it does get going, it steamrolls EXs like that (*Snaps finger). I haven't tested much against decks without EXs (Just by coincidence of my friends not playing very many) but I'd assume you'd just want to focus on using another attacker. If he's good in a match-up, focus on setting him up. If he's bad in a match-up, don't bother. However, since it has a weakness to Dragon and is an EX. being weak to Garchomp and Hydreigon makes it completely unplayable... Oh, wait. NO IT DOESN'T! While yes, that is a flaw, you can use other attackers in those match-ups.

As for which one I like more. I prefer the EX. The SR doesn't do enough damage to hold itself after the first turn. The EX has it's flaws, but it's ability to KO anything for just one attack is definitely useful.

~MtC

593462 said:
I personally like rayquaza EX because it can OHKO any EX on T2 with it's first attack ( if you get sucessfull )
It's much better.
Yep if half your deck is energy like me ;)

Run pokedex and yes, have a lot of energy in your deck.
Makes Rayquaza EX much better than Rayquaza SR.
It's like thundurus.

I like rayquaza SR purely for the donk, Rayquaza EX is way over hyped consistently keeping 2-3 eels on the bench and energy on rayquaza is going to be difficult. Darkrai EX slowly 2hko's rayquaza while 3hkoing Eels on the bench. While that's a 4-3 prize exchange in your favor, Darkrai often gets up faster and his bored will probably be stronger after the ko exchange. (and this is all assuming you can ohko 2 eviolited darkrai in a row) also zekrom BLW can be a problem against rayquaza since he can 2hko themand doesn't give up 2 prizes in return, raikou also rips rayquaza EX apart by killing off all the eels before they do much damage.

all in all SR quaza is much better imho as rayeels wouldn't even be viable without him, and he fits into more decks (rayboar, rayeels, Fluffychomp etc.)

I still think Rayquaza EX is better. After using a dragon burst and discarding 3 energy, you use 3 dynamotors and you switch, put up the next rayquaza EX and dragon burst for 180 again. Attach another energy for eviolited Darkrais.

@ The Pikachu Mafia
That's just Darkrai. There's more than darkrai.

593462 said:
I still think Rayquaza EX is better. After using a dragon burst and discarding 3 energy, you use 3 dynamotors and you switch, put up the next rayquaza EX and dragon burst for 180 again. Attach another energy for eviolited Darkrais.

@ The Pikachu Mafia
That's just Darkrai. There's more than darkrai.

you need 3 eels in play plus an energy in hand to pull that off... getting 3 eels into play at the same time is near impossibe for the normal zeels deck, so I doubt it's going to be happening often in Rayeels

also I did mention zekrom, and Raikou EX, Rayquaza has trouble with both of them. Then there's Fluffychomp... a deck designed to beat Rayquaza EX. Garbador completely shuts down eels as well making it hard for rayquaza to attack consistently. Finally normal rayquaza is great for OHKO'ing rayquaza EX...

if you have to rely on 3 dynamotors every turn to win it's not that great of a deck... because as soon as those eels start dying, Rayquaza is as harmless as a magikarp (okay I'm being a little sarcastic, but you get the picture. A rayquaza EX with no Eels is like a reshiram with no typhlosion)

I see your point. Rayquaza SR is used to OHKO dragon types and hopefully donk dragon deino, tynamo, and some other 40hp or dragon type. Rayquaza EX can't be used without eels. It needs a tech.
I'm starting to think Rayquaza SR is better. Someone convince me otherwise.

I think Rayquaza SR is better, the EX is good no doubt but it has more flaws imo (mainly the weakness to dragon and the EX rule)

Someone tried a deck with , like 50 energy, 4 Rayquaza ex, and 6 trainers.
Now I think it needs rayquaza SR and some ether if it isn't already in it.
SR is better. It's winning anyways.

50 energy!? o_O I wouldn't run any more than 16 in a rayeels deck.... (then again, the deck didn't have eels)

I really think that rayquaza EX is one of those cards that has alot of potential, but lacks something that makes him really good (what that something is, I don't know...) SR quaza is really good now, but I'm betting that as the format progresses and we get cards like Blastoise/Dusknoir/charizard etc. rayquaza SR is slowly going to decline...

You are right. Not all decks have dragon types.
That's probably why it's so expensive.
Rayquaza SR is better, but that doesn't mean it's perfect.

I think that Rayquaza-EX is better because it can OHKO any EX! However, usually when I'm using Eelquaza/Rayeels/Rayquazeel/whatever you want to call the collective combination of Rayquaza and Eelektrik in the Pokemon TCG, I run 3 EXs and 1 SR.

Lost Zone Master said:
I think that Rayquaza-EX is better because it can OHKO any EX! However, usually when I'm using Eelquaza/Rayeels/Rayquazeel/whatever you want to call the collective combination of Rayquaza and Eelektrik in the Pokemon TCG, I run 3 EXs and 1 SR.

magnezone had the same potential as Quaza, but didn't do so ht because he would get ko'd before either evolving, or before doing too much damage.

Rayquaza EX wont be as good as the SR one because almost any dragon pokemon can easily OHKO him (and all dragon pokemon are playable to an extent) and while the same goes for the SR quaza, SR Rayquaza doesn't give up 2 prizes... :/

Back