Rayquaza SR or Rayquaza EX?

• Rayquaza SR

Votes: 17 70.8%
  • Rayquaza EX

Votes: 7 29.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Lost Zone Master said:
I think that Rayquaza-EX is better because it can OHKO any EX! However, usually when I'm using Eelquaza/Rayeels/Rayquazeel/whatever you want to call the collective combination of Rayquaza and Eelektrik in the Pokemon TCG, I run 3 EXs and 1 SR.

Using Rayquaza EX could be bad for you if it's your main attacker.
Almost any dragon type OHKO it and you give up 2 prizes.
Using the SR is better.

I think overall, SR is better because it can donk, uses Lightning to do so, and only give up one Prize. It's easily techable into Eels and Garchomp. Rayquaza EX is a good card, but even though it can one shot any card in the format, it lacks the support it needs to do so. You need to discard 4 Energy to knock out an EX with Eviolite. (except Dragons) Doing that consistently will be difficult, especially with your Weakness to Dragon. A Darkrai two shots you and three shots your Eels, and Giratina can one shot a Rayquaza with Shred, both of which can be played in Hydreigon. Hydreigon one shots you. Garchomp one shots you with either 2 Altarias or using it's second attack. Other Quaza EXs can one shot you with 2 Energy. Quaza SR can one shot you with Shred. Zekrom two shots you with Bolt Strike. They also one shot your Eels with those same attacks. EX also requires two Energy types to deal damage. While SR uses two types as well, it's main purpose is to donk, not kill EXs.

9Tailz said:
I think overall, SR is better because it can donk, uses Lightning to do so, and only give up one Prize. It's easily techable into Eels and Garchomp. Rayquaza EX is a good card, but even though it can one shot any card in the format, it lacks the support it needs to do so. You need to discard 4 Energy to knock out an EX with Eviolite. (except Dragons) Doing that consistently will be difficult, especially with your Weakness to Dragon. A Darkrai two shots you and three shots your Eels, and Giratina can one shot a Rayquaza with Shred, both of which can be played in Hydreigon. Hydreigon one shots you. Garchomp one shots you with either 2 Altarias or using it's second attack. Other Quaza EXs can one shot you with 2 Energy. Quaza SR can one shot you with Shred. Zekrom two shots you with Bolt Strike. They also one shot your Eels with those same attacks. EX also requires two Energy types to deal damage. While SR uses two types as well, it's main purpose is to donk, not kill EXs.

Rayquaza EX has the resources, it's just slow, but once it does get going (And is fighting EXs) it starts getting prizes fast. You'll never use 4 energy to KO an EX because you have Tool Scrapper. And Zekrom 2 shots everything, just sayin'.

Rayquaza SR can OHKO garchomp, Hydreigon, Rayquaza EX, Giratina EX, and Altaria.
It can donk swalabu, tynamo, dragon deino, and gible.
Without worrying of losing 2 prizes during your next turn.
SR is better in most situations.

The one thing I hate about Rayquaza SR is because when I use Dragon Pulse it usually ends up going bad and plus I usually dont have the stuff to get the donk even if my opponent does have like a tynamo or something

Back