Rayquaza EX / Eelektrik

RobertBenjamin said:
If you want to increase its speed try Victini EX Ray Eels. Send me a pm Blah if you want my current list.

Way ahead of you :p I've been testing it for a while, I'm just concerned that doesn't work too well against other matchups.

DrunkSpinda said:
Blah said:
I play one Tool Scrapper and I'm still somewhat concerned...I've only done a little testing against Garbodor, are there other ways around it? Obviously the strategy is to just go straight for the Garbodor and Tool Scrapper at a crucial time but I feel like the Landorus/Tornadus combo is just going to outspeed this deck before it can take the Garbodor down.

I saw a list which made top 2 at the Cities that ran 2 Enhanced Hammers and two Scrappers+ Keldeo EX

Ummmm...What division? Rayeels of all decks should not be playing Enhanced Hammer, it has absolutely no room for techs like that.

o_o

I am barely consistent I run almost no techs. How is that possible? I run 14 Supporters + Comp Search and normally whiff supporters about 40% of the time. I don't get how people can run stuff like Enhanced Hammer and yet make Top 2 x___x

Victini Ray Eels has very good match-ups in most cases unless Big Basics gets a hot start topdrawing skyla or catcher and destroy you before you set-up. I wouldn't be recommending it in forums if it doesn't. You just need ot get the right build.

Blah said:
Emolga screws with Landy's early game too, remember.

I've found that Landy isn't THAT big of a nuisance as long as you don't get donked and you play it right. Force them to burn catchers on Tynamos, then Super Rod them all back in and set up from there. Landy's late game tends to be rather mediocre. 1-of Keldeo usually works fine, as most Rayeels run 2 Super Rod nowadays anyway.
Yeah, I realized that. I managed to fit one in.
I still like my two keldeo though, since the players here don't really expect it and I can use it to switch.
Either way, I still might test it.

RobertBenjamin said:
Did I read it correctly over in Pokegym? Did victini EX Ray Eels win Kentucky States in Masters?

So can you now please stop calling the deck a joke? I do think winning a big tournament as States should be enough to make you believe that Victini Eels is a legit deck.

Holy cow. That's pretty awesome. I like how Victini EX is kind of like bait. Sure, it's two Prizes, but you allow your opponent to keep an Eel and stay set up to ultimately win him or her the game. Interesting.

RobertBenjamin said:
Did I read it correctly over in Pokegym? Did victini EX Ray Eels win Kentucky States in Masters?

I do believe so.. there were only 69 of us in the Masters Division.

Dark Void said:
....Victini EX wasn't considered a good card in Rayeels? This is news to me.

Because Emolga. Emolga is amazing in Eels, Victini IMO is not as good.

Sacrificing Victini for Energy acceleration and as bait to protect Tynamo is "not as good"? Please tell me more.

Riskbreakers said:
Sacrificing Victini for Energy acceleration and as bait to protect Tynamo is "not as good"? Please tell me more.

It's only bait if you're "fooling" the opponent. A frail EX is a target because it puts you on a very fast clock to win, rather than Emolga which extends your clock by giving you a better window to set up. I mean, this is my opinion and my testing, but I'm adamant that Emolga is the starter this deck needs.

Sorry for this silly question, but how does this deck almost always win vs Klinklang (PS)? Once they setup, it's almost impossible to catch up because Rayquaza EX is useless and 140HP Klinklang on bench requires 2 catcher to kill.

Shaxe said:
Sorry for this silly question, but how does this deck almost always win vs Klinklang (PS)? Once they setup, it's almost impossible to catch up because Rayquaza EX is useless and 140HP Klinklang on bench requires 2 catcher to kill.

Because it plays V-Create Victini, as well as 2 Super Rod, and sometimes Dowsing Machine. V-Create one shots everything Metal in Klinklang, and you can power it up in one turn. Ray/Eels sometimes runs Shred Rayquaza as well, which is a pretty solid attacker against a deck that caps out at 100 damage.

17-reshiram.jpg

Does anyone think the new Reshiram from Plasma Freeze will be any good in this deck? It cant get one shotted by anything in PlasmaKlang unless ShiftgearKlang double heads or else Keldeo with Prisms. It can also OHKO any steel type in the PlasmaKlang deck if you have Zekrom on the bench, and if not your still hitting for 160 which is good enough to KO Klinklang.

I don't see much of a point when Victini in this deck slaughters Klinklang anyway. Victini + 2 super rod pretty much autowins Klinklang, and doesn't require a Zekrom on the bench.

Is Rayeels even viable at this point? Between all the Landorus, Garbordors, Gothitelles and now even Zebstrikas I see on TCGO, there's just way too many people with too many ways to lock down this deck. Also, the upcoming set will increase the donk speed and Emolga won't even be a safe starter anymore, it seems all too bleak to me.

EDIT: Sorry for the rant, was clearly frustrated with the matchups.

Don't trust PTCGO - the decls played on there are often not played in tournaments (ex. Gothitelle is terrible).

Rayeels is one of those decks that just never dies no matter what comes its way. I do think it takes a hit because of the ridiculous early game pressure that Plasma can put on, but it's not completely dead. You can replace Emolga with Shaymin BC if you feel the need to have a starter (Shaymin is better anyway because of the 1 retreat), and once Rayeels sets up, it can run through decks just like it always has. Is the deck still viable? Yes. Is it good or worth playing at tournaments? It remains to be seen.

Depends how confident you are. Really, the donking level is just the same as before. The only big problem is that Ray EX is easier to KO with Plasma Box through Kyurem, which only gives up one prize, and has a snipe.

Back