Project Custom-The Elite Fan Creations Tournament IT ALL STARTED HERE!

What do you think of Project Custom?

• Total voters
RE: Project Custom-The Elite Fan Creations Tournament BY INVITATION ONLY!

Bellomence said:
Me too, Monkeyking. I'm cursed because I can't make a decent animated trainer pass.

Well it turns out I can't even make a decent trainer pass -_- Which suprises me because I won the Trainer Card round. Well Here it is, I will do some explaining here I suppose

Materials:
Empoleon from Esepide on Deviant art
Sugi Images for the pokemon (as we were told for them to be)
Trainer: Customized by Me
Time (thought I would throw this in here): Well I did alot of expirementing with this peice, and it only really worked with simplicity, I tried everything from neon glows to colored pencil smudges so this is the only thing that really worked without it getting super cluttered.

Inspiration:

Well, for this, my brain kind of stumbled on this in a dream, I was dreaming I had to go to War in vietnam, and they sent me off by ship, and there on shore i was waving good bye to my Empoleon, who was waving back at me. There is more of the dream but you don't need to know the rest. So I decided to do something like that. I decided on that picture because it looked very asian, like asian from the 15th century or something around there. The Empoleon was the perfect picture i found, it worked perfectly, I had to resize it a bit but really kudos to you episide. The Pokemon are there just to be there, some of my faves, but not all my usualls. I didn't put an Empoleon in there cause it bugs me when someone has a pokemon outside the 6 pokemon frames and you have one inside. Don't ask why it just does:p You may be thinking, well why isn't the text "Moneyking63" blue like the rest, well is Money blue? Nope, so I kept it like that for that reason, green didn't look good with the rest so yes there you go.

A Fond Farewell:
I have to say B-ray, great contest, it was tough, time consuming, and really made me think. If it weren't for all the drop outs I don't think I would have made it here (Now I know how you felt INFERNAPE) But that doesn't mean I was ungrateful for the opprutunity at all! It was great this entire time, there are a good amount of Challenges I wish I could re-do, but am Thankful for the rounds I won as well. 3 is a lucky number of mine, and it feels like 3rd place is going to be my spot! Like it was in INFERNAPES first contest, man that was fun. BUt this was so much more funner, because there was so much more you could work with. Before this, I have never really done banners outside of paint with opacity and effects and cool looking text. So this was my first go and was honored to make it this far. I was also extremely honored to make a trainer pass, since I know how exclusive they are, I hope to get a chance to make more in the future. B-ray, do you mind if I tinker with my entry after the contest to get it looking superb? Just clean it up a little bit is all I mean. I would also like to thank the Judges for an outstanding, incredible, thought filled job! You were great, the different opinions varied between everyone and I loved it! Thank you, and don't forget the host of this! Black Rayquazza, great job! SUPERB as that bald contest guy would say. I know you were dissapointed with the fan createon tournament (and so was I, since it completely BOMBED, sorry Max, but it did) and im glad that sparked you to do this. This actually worked out beutifully, the exclustivity made it feel very honored to be invited. The rounds were great, i liked how we were able to throw the rule book out the window and really get creative with it! But then again it isn't called Project Custom for nothing? So I thank you all, the judges, the fans, but most of all the contestants, you are the ones that made this fun, MUCKSTER, Bellomence, being in the final round with you two, well I would be happy to lose to you guys. Since you two are some of the BEST artists I have ever seen. Muckster, you are certainly not the underdog in this contest, far from it actually. Bellomence I remember when you first joined Aritsans cave, I think you were just doing a little spriting at first right? Then really jumped into Banners and animation. Good luck you guys, and most of all, thank you.

DOH! I got so carried away I forgot about my entry T-T wow I am cool [/sarcasm]

Enjoy (good luck with that)

ProjectCustomTrainerPass.png

Wow guys, great work by all of you. I'm impressed, really.

Can we do judging now? :eek:

Pimpwalkin' Mateo Johnson said:
Wow guys, great work by all of you. I'm impressed, really.

Can we do judging now? :eek:

Most of the judging is already done.....I dont know if you remember me mentioning this, but ultimately I decide the winner of Project Custom....so theres no need for judging for the Finals. Thats why you fill out the other form full of awards....the judging hurrah!

Anyways, Im making a special example Pass with crazy long animation. It will have some serious lag so bear with me once I roll it out :]

-Black Rayquaza

Just to get some opinions, can we have at least one judge? not for deciding the winner, just an opinion on our peices.

ALLOW RUN THROUGH SEVERAL TIMES BEFORE VIEWING. I put I think it was 98 frames... it was a lot!

OK guys I guess it is time to post my revised version!
Product-2-1.gif

from my first one I changed several things

RESOURSE:
P2k: the pokemon pics, ans sprites (I edited sprites), lil muk mark
Google image: the backrounds forgot the links...

PERPOSE:
Well as you see it tells the life of a trainer (see name). The backrounds were supposted ot be the evolution of a forest along with the trainer, look at the moss amount and the density. The pokemon chosen are like my dream team if I owned them in real life and the forest backround is because I am very so an enviornmentalist. Dont think I missed anything here!

CHANGES:

as you see I changed to evolution graphic so it was more like the game and all swearly. I matched the colors with the pokemon so it worked out better. I also changed a couple of the colors so they looked better.

TIME: 8 hours (About)

ENDING:

I think the only real dissapointment of this whole torny was the drop outs. It was VERY time consuming, luckly I dont like giving up ;). I have learned SO MUCH from this contest that I never would've learned otherwise. It was a pleasure competeing with all of you, expecially Bello and MK. MK I think I have found almost a rival in art out of you ;). I will post more about this after the scores are given.

Nice job MUCKSTER! I like the new animation, very cool. I have noticed that to, we have become rivals, in a good way though. As in we are pretty evenly matched! Hope to see more from you later on in the game of art!

Well, its confirmed, I will not be able to attend the award show, I will be at my Grandmothers house. I will try and get a full report of what happened though!

I see some great entries, it looks like you guys put a lot of effort into making this last challenge good. *appluads*

Moneyking63 said:
I would also like to thank the Judges for an outstanding, incredible, thought filled job! You were great, the different opinions varied between everyone and I loved it! Thank you, and don't forget the host of this! Black Rayquazza, great job!
You're very welcome. It really was a pleasure to judge, especially the better entries. I'm a huge fan of eye candy.

Bellomence: This is honeslty some of the best use of my renders that I've seen, nice job. They seem to fit nicely with the more three dimensional feel of the card. We'd all likt to see you at the award show, if possible. If you aren't sure where it is ask BR (because even I am not 100% sure).

Black Rayquaza said:
Anyways, Im making a special example Pass with crazy long animation. It will have some serious lag so bear with me once I roll it out :]
You and your animation... lol. Even after you saw hom badly bellomence's entry was--well, I won't use that word--mutilated. :p

Moneyking63 said:
Just to get some opinions, can we have at least one judge? not for deciding the winner, just an opinion on our peices.

Well....I'll post my scores after the award show.....other judges are welcome to go and score these works.....I dont mind if they dont :]

Well, I am finished with my mega example piece.....rather than post it here and have the whole page lag, I will post the link to it.

Black Rayquaza Presents-The Life of Project Custom

This piece was inspired by how this contest went.....I experemented going animated this time, using the most animation frames I've ever seen. (180+, It was 200 until I slimmed it down)

I used alot of cool effects with the piece like the tween and different colors and such.....so I hope you like it....

The Fire at the beginning is meant to symbolize the great "off with a bang" start we had....people were excited and roaring to go. I think I showed that well....

The Middle is the Lightning....the rough hard time we've all spent working, critquing, judging, deciding and having fun along the way. The colors meant the fun :]

And at the end, it comes to a joyous end with Fireworks (symbolizing the awards show and one other suprise xD)

If you'd like to see the non LAG-CITY version, you can follow that link and save it to your computer and view it there....

This took a ton of time, thinking, and effort so I hope you enjoy it. Positive Comments on the piece are always accepted.

Overall, this contest has been above and beyond my expectations....we've achieved the #3 most viewed thread in our forum, biggest Art Competition On Beach, and we kept this thread active and fun with beautiful displays of Custom art. Even though there were some bumps along the road (dropouts, drama club, hurricane dreamhost,etc etc.) I think we all accomplished some great things here....

Most of all I'd like to thank all who supported me in this....theres so many awesome people who've helped me out with making Project Custom a success. I just wanna write a few things to some people:

Aqua Smeargle: Dude, youre a lifesaver. Seriously, from the cutouts to consistant judging, you offered something to this contest not even I could have brought. You have my deepest respect and thanks for all you've done for not only me, but for Project Custom. I hope you're back next year to continue the newfound tradition and that we can get a better system going.....Thanks Again.

PMJ: I know you didnt wanna do this at first.....but you've really helped alot. Very consistant and fast judge who even though you wernt savvy, made it work and expressed your opinion, which was excatly what I wanted. Thanks for your support....hope to see you next Season!

Gamercal: Even though we joke around about things, you really have helped a ton with things around here....from backup judging to now permantly judging you've always been there when I needed someone.....hope that you'll get around to helpin me out next season :]

Sarjent_Tankian: You've been so helpful to Project Custom....we need another judge and you were right there to take the job.....you helped us out of a jam, and I thank you for that. I hope you can continue to backup judge here, and hopefully next Season.

MUCKSTER: Thanks for being in this.....I'm really glad you learned some things, and I hope that you enjoyed whats been happening around here. I hope to see you back next season for some more fun :]

Monkeyking63: I had high hopes for you....and you didnt let me down :] I've seen some GREAT art from you....please, continue and come up with new, fun things that you could spread with us :] Hopefully Team Custom can help with that.

Bellomence: Thanks for being in this.....you were certainly a suprise to not only me but everybody with the amazing displays of art you have shown here....I really hope you can attend the awards show this Saturday (will be on my forums, I can give you a link if you like) and even next season :]

Wes1234: You really left too soon.....you're a great artist and a good pal. Hopefully you'll continue in Pokemon art and get to the level of professionalism that I think you can get to. Hopefully you wont have time issues come Late May-Early June and you can put some hard competition into the next Project Custom.

INFERNAPE: You have been just great throughout this competition....very pleasant, well-spirited, and just a fun person to have in here. Thanks for being on time with you're art. Hope to see you next Season.

Everyone Else I didnt Mention: Thank you so much for your detication and support for Project Custom....I hope this not only continues, but grows in future seasons. Thanks Again.

No, this is not my "Final Post" or anything....just kinda wrapping things up.....the Awards Show will hold a few more announcements and things, so be sure to be there! I'll try to wrap up as much as I can in a post here afterword, but no guarentees...so try to be there :]

In the end of it all, Im very glad I could share this with you guys.....you've been nothing but nice, and I thank you for that. Hopefully, we can have an amazing Awards Show and wrap things up nicely.

Thank you.
-Black Rayquaza

Can't wait to see who wins!:D I'm expecting another really long post in your awards show.>_>

Well thank you B-ray, glad you enjoyed some of my art, I have no intention in giving up art, it feels like I finally found that talent of mine I have been looking for! Glad to make it this far, and hopefully my skill in art will improve, and I will be able to learn more as time goes on!

Also I really like the TP, very cool and symbolic, but yes, its lag city!!

^It's actualy gonna be a live event, but I'm guessing on a long summary post here.

I forgot to say this before, but if any of you think my feedback is that important, go ahead and PM me.

It's a shame that I will have to miss the event, but it's held on my birthday I'm afraid XD. So odds are i will be no where near a computer if all goes wel. Thanks for the shoutout, and good luck to everyone. The TP's were all amazing.

So I thank you all, the judges, the fans, but most of all the contestants, you are the ones that made this fun, Muckster, Bellomence, being in the final round with you two, well I would be happy to lose to you guys. Since you two are some of the BEST artists I have ever seen. Muckster, you are certainly not the underdog in this contest, far from it actually. Bellomence I remember when you first joined Artisan cave, I think you were just doing a little spriting at first right?

You're right, I first mastered spriting (well, not actually at the level of lightmanaphy) before making banners. I was a no0b that time. But then I found my dearest GIMP. And I started making banners.... :)

Black Rayquaza:
Whee !! I love the Trainer Pass ! If you were on this round, you'd be the winner. :)

Aqua Smeargle: Read my post on your shop.... Sorry...

Everyone: I'm not sure if I can attend the awards.....I have many tests. I should study.... I'm sorry....

Well, unless I move the date up (which I could as all the stuff is in and all) I dont think we could change much.....MK and Bello wont be there....which really sucks. We still have a bunch of awards to give out though and Im sure the rest of us would like to see it happen.....since theres no ending acceptance speech, I might add nomminees :D lol jk

Well thanks for your nice comments.....it took a TON of time trying something I was not familiar with until I did it....again, please excuse my general lagginess....180 Frames of animation will do that to it lol

-Black Rayquaza

Black Rayquaza said:
INFERNAPE: You have been just great throughout this competition....very pleasant, well-spirited, and just a fun person to have in here. Thanks for being on time with you're art. Hope to see you next Season.

Thanks BR!

The TP's are AMAZING. Great job! Good luck everyone!

Yeah, everyone's final entries look great, even your laggy one B-Ray. Hope to catch the awards show w/e it will be.

dmaster out.

All I know is it's in B-Ray's Forums. Don't know when.

dmaster out.

This Saturday 10 PM EST.....and Im not sure it'll be on my forums...it might be on the old Project Custom ones with the Chat Box already installed and stuff....we'll see...I'll be sure to let you know when I do.

-Black Rayquaza

Black Rayquaza said:
This Saturday 10 PM EST.....and Im not sure it'll be on my forums...it might be on the old Project Custom ones with the Chat Box already installed and stuff....we'll see...I'll be sure to let you know when I do.

-Black Rayquaza

Alright....there is something I'd like to announce (sp?) there if that is okay with you.

Back