Project Custom-The Elite Fan Creations Tournament IT ALL STARTED HERE!

What do you think of Project Custom?

• Total voters

B-Ray

The Stuff of Legends
projectcustomlogocompleqw7.png
Well this is the official thread for Project Custom, a brand-new tournament for the Fan Creations Section.....The Contest will have multiple challenges, one per week, and they will make you show almost everything you can possibly have to offer! Here is some basic info about Project Custom.

Current Challenge:Challenge #7-The Fanfic Challenge! Please write a Pokemon-Related Chapter of a completely new Story. It has to be 800-1000 words. Anymore will be disqualified for this challenge and cannot be the winner.

Past Challenges
  • Challenge #1:Submit a piece of art that refects you as an artist.
    Winner: Monkeyking63
  • Challenge #2:Make a creative,useable banner for Project Custom! You will be making banners for advertising the Tournament and the winner will be in my sig, as well as anyone else who wants to use it!
    Winner: Wes1234
  • Challenge #3-GROUP CHALLENGE! Your Challenge is to create Three Avant-Garde pieces of art that show a blend of each artists style in each!
    Winner: Bellomence
  • Challenge #4-Create a Custom Elemental themed Trainer Card
    Winner: Monkeyking63
  • Challenge #5-Create an Avatar that has a Spy Theme. This Challenge is the only one in Project Custom that does NOT have to be pokemon related. Text and Animation is Optional.
    Winner:Bellomence
  • Challenge #6-The Flip the Switch Challenge. Taking you out of your confort zone. You may do anything you like in this challenge except:See Post
    Winner:Bellomence

Project Custom is officially started as of now.The tournament is BY INVITATION ONLY which means if you dont have an invite from me personally, you cannot join this tourney. Each week, One artist will be out. The tournament will continue with weekly Challenges until 3 Artists are left. Then,they will battle it out in a FINAL CHALLENGE when those three artists will have 2 Weeks to create a custom Trainer Pass™ using MY OWN BLANKS I use now. This will be the only other time I allow people to use my blanks and have the oppertunity to show me what they got, unless I make a sequel to this contest. There is a panel of some of the best artists or most popular people on Pokebeach Forums. So without further ado, let me introduce the judges.

The Project Custom Judges
  • Black Rayquaza-Host/Creator of Project Custom, Head Judge, Trainer Pass™ Inventor, and Leader of The Pokemon Masters Clan on Pokebeach.
  • Aqua Smeargle-Leader of Artisan Cave: Home to the Smeargles of PokeBeach and Great Banner Artist
  • Pimpwalkin' Mateo Johnson-Super Moderator of Pokebeach Forums and Fanfic Author
  • Gamercal-Fanfic Author on Pokebeach and one of Black Rayquaza's personal raters.
  • Max Shade IV-One of the best Fanfic Authors Pokebeach has seen to date.

Bacon and Serjent_Tankian will be serving as a Guest, Backup judges if I dont get all the judges scores by the end of the judging period.

Here is a short list of Rules for Project Custom.....they are also subject to change.

Project Custom Rules
  • This tournament is BY INVITATION ONLY so without an invite by Black Rayquaza, you cannot compete unless you get a Wild Card spot.
  • There are different time limits on each challenge depending on the difficulity of the challenge.
  • If you are going on vacation or cannot be here for the challenge, you are allowed to be exempt from 1 Challenge during the tournament. However, this cant be any challenge where there is less than 5 competitors left.
  • This contest will require Trainer Cards/Passes, Avatars, Banners, and Fanfic Writing (The Fanfic entry should be 800-1000 words.....Custom Spriting can be used in Trainer Cards/Avatars/Banners but will NOT count against the score the judges give you.Fake Cards/Sprites can be entered in some challenge that simply require "A piece of art" but besides that they WILL NOT BE USED. The Judging rubric for Trainer Cards/Passes/Fake Cards/Avatars/Banners Will be this:
    Effect:x/10
    Color Usage:x/10
    Effort:x/10
    Originality:x/10
    Relation to the Challenge:x/10
    Overall: x/10
    Total:x/60

And the rubric for Fanfics will be this:
    Creativeness/Originality: x/10
    Plot: x/10
    Attention to Detail: x/10
    Use of Character: x/10
    Use of Pokemon:x/10
    Overall: x/10
    Total: x/60

2-8-08 EDIT: Added Originality to scoring
  • Judges will be giving opinions on who they think should be out and why....we will discuss and vote on who will be out. Majority Rules. PERIOD. If we end up having an even number of judges and there is a tie, I will go to a tiebraker judge-Bacon, or Gamercal if Bacon is gone.
  • If you fail to turn in a piece of art on time, a late day will be given. This late day can only be used once and we will automatically take off 10 points from each judges overall score.
  • Once you take somthing you submitted for the current challenge out and Submit new copy it will be your FINAL copy.....you only get two chances.....make it work.
  • Some Challenge will have litte "twists" to them.....we will basically give you an idea of what to make and make it harder than it usually is. Example would be: Your Challenge is to make a Trainer Card....the twist is you cant use any backround and have to MAKE your own backround from the materials you use. (sprites, text, etc)
  • At the end, the winner of Project Custom will be known forum-wide as a prominent Artist and will get a small computerized trophy.....and If we have a sequel to the Tournament, the winner of last seasons gets to be a judge in the next season.....but he is not allowed to compete.
  • EVERYTHING SUBMITTED IN PROJECT CUSTOM'S COMPETITION MUST BE POKEMON RELATED.

If you submit something that isnt, you will get an automatic 0 as your score.
  • Please include where you got your supplies from....or HOW you got it. Look at my example for details. If this is not done, you will be warned by PM. If a day goes by without you doing anything, AUTO 0.
Black Rayquaza said:
B-Rays Avatar-Challenge #1 February 10th 2008

D Symbol-Searched Google for "Detroit D Transparent"
Pinstripe Pattern-Searched Google for "Pinstripe Pattern"
Text: Visitor TTK done in Paint.

As long as you tell us where it came from then your all clear....although *SPOILER* all resources WILL NOT be available for some challenges in the future.

Here are the artists competing in Project Custom.

The Project Custom Competitors

• Bellomence
  • Monkeyking63-3rd Place in Shade's Fan Creations Tournament.
  • MUCKSTER-Winner of Shade's Fan Creations Tournament.
  • INFERNAPE ELIMINATED
  • Zzzdark DROPPED OUT
  • pika2 DROPPED OUT
  • Wes1234 DROPPED OUT
  • The-Sinnoh-Champ ELIMINATED
  • Necro_Thy ELIMINATED
  • Princess of the Dark DROPPED OUT
  • Lugia58 ELIMINATED
  • abaxter94 ELIMINATED
  • bonsly1994 ELIMINATED
  • Boracay_Jason ELIMINATED
  • Bulbasaur45 ELIMINATED
  • King Deoxazard ELIMINATED
  • Charizard88 ELIMINATED
  • Andyman ELIMINATED
  • Anyone who recieved an invite to me prior to the start can still enter before the First Challenge is due. Open Entrys are now CLOSED

Some Other Rules
  • This is full of Pokebeach's best artists....the judges will judge honestly, so put all you've got into this.
  • All entries must be pokemon related....anything that isnt will be given an automatic 0 and that gives you a great chance of being out.
  • All work must be submitted in this thread.....If you are finished early (in this challenge before Thursday, most others before Saturday) you can A) post it early and either gain +1 Point to your total average score OR
    B) Get MY personal thoughts of the piece of art you submitted....includes things to fix, improve on, etc etc. And one of those are offered just for giving the judges extra time. NO OTHER BONUS POINTS WILL BE OFFERED. Please dont rush, but if your done and happy with it, feel free to turn it in!
  • I, personally, will be checking the work for flaws. I will take comments and scores down and sent a copy to each of the judges as something to consider when they judge. Most judges wont look through the Magnifcation Lens to see if you were off....I am, and will. Like I said, this is the Elite Fan Creations tournament. I expect perfection.
  • We have Seven judges....each will give a score out of 60. I will add them all up, divide by 7, and give each artist an average score out of 60. At the very end of Project Custom, I will Average up every average and come out with the Contest Average. The Top 3 will get trophys.
  • The winner of the last challenge will gain immunity from being out for the next Challenge. Please note that incompete work will be void from your immunity....you still have to do the challenge to be safe.
  • Each artist will be given a vacation week....what this means, is if you are going to be gone from Pokebeach Forums, you can SKIP a challenge. This dosent apply to the last 4 Challenges leading up to the Final 3. If you are caught on Pokebeach Forums in that vacation week, you will be given a 0 for this challenge instead of being exempt. This isnt a blowoff week for a challenge you cant do. This is if your really going to be gone....I will check last visit.
  • Please Read these to the fullest and enjoy the tournament....I hope this becomes very popular and we can continue this.

Heres the rules regarding using the Feedback offer and some some privliges you may not have known about that you recieve WITHOUT it.

The RULES FOR FEEDBACK!
  • If you are finished early (in this challenge before Thursday, most others before Saturday) you can post it early and either gain +1 Point to your total average score OR
    Get MY personal thoughts of the piece of art you submitted....includes things to fix, improve on, etc etc. And one of those are offered just for giving the judges extra time. NO OTHER BONUS POINTS WILL BE OFFERED. Please don't rush, but if your done and happy with it, feel free to turn it in!
  • Once you choose the Feedback option, I will send a PM with Pros and Cons, Comments, and a scoring rubric filled out by me of your current entry.
  • I will explain in detail about the challenge if needed, and elaborate anything I missed the first time around.
  • I will be FWD'ing a copy of both my initial feedback AND a copy of your response and questions (If there are any) to all the judges.....For Wes1234, I did all but Aqua Smeargle, as that makes no sence (Meaning it'll be fixed by then.)

Now that thats made, let me go over what I can tell/do for everybody.
Public Rules
  • Answer questions regarding the rules
  • Answer questions about what the challenge means, but only once and not in detail.....I dont expect many to get the TRUE idea of this one, but most will be pretty self-explanatory from here on.

ARTSTS WHO HAVE USED THE VACATION WEEK
  • MUCKSTER

The Project Custom Challenge Board
This shows every artist in as of now....and their current progress.

Monkeyking63-
MUCKSTER-
Bellomence-

So be sure to read this post, and everything should run smooth!

So thats about it.....I will keep adding to this post as more and more things come into play.

Thanks for Reading and feel free to post comments/ideas/that your joining/judging.

-Black Rayquaza

RE: Project Custom-The Elite Fan Creations Tournament BY INVITATION ONLY!

Umm...If I'm allowed to post here then so be it.
I want to join for a judge and if not I'll join.

I'm posting here because I was told to. Uh, glad to be here, hope to see some 1337 works.

Wo hoo, I get to be in it! Cant wait for the first challenge!

Also Noobiepie, he said there will be 2 "wild card" spots if you are not invited by PM so read how to become one of those and you may get to be in!

Pokemon Noobiepie said:
Umm...If I'm allowed to post here then so be it.
I want to join for a judge and if not I'll join.

People can post....and you should shoot for those wild-card spots.....I havent seen your work in awhile.....I thought about it, but since I havent seen anything, I didnt know. Why dont you send me a PM,two or three people so far declined the offer as they didnt think they were good enough :/ So yeah, just PM what ya can do and I'll see :D

Princess-Welcome! Added you to the list....

MUCKSTER-You're also on the list.....good luck :]

-Black Rayquaza

I'm in! Thanks for the invite BR!

Okay, Im adding those who have accepted to the list.....this should go very well :]

Quick Topic: Is everyone happy with the start date of Feb. 18th? I was originally going to make it the 11th but one of our judges is going on vacation and would have to miss the first round.....so I moved it back. Please let me know what you think (weather it should be moved up, pushed back etc etc)

Thanks and Welcome!
-Black Rayquaza

Hi!
Thx for inviting me,... of course I'll join!!! BTW: I think that the date is fine as it is,...

~Ôrc~

By Black_Rayquaza invitation, I'll be glad to participate in this tournament.

omg, Bellomence the no0best artist that was invited !!!

Welcome Necro and Bello.....lol rhymed.

Wow, GREAT responce from the artists I've PM'd so far....should turn out to be a great tournament.

ANNOUNCEMENT:Amt has quit the judging panel.....for reasons I cant reveal. So that means I will have to get one more judge OR just roll with the ones I have. We'll see.

-Black Rayquaza

Awsome! Thanks for the invite!
BTW, I'm now the n00best artist in this tournament. :D

I'm posting here because I'll be one of the judges. Enjoy. :]

Well this is going great.....minor setbacks if any and lots of competition.....this should start sooner than Feb 18th.....seeing that we already have the 10/15 needed....what I'll do is give EXTRA TIME for this challenge making it 2 Weeks long so that Aqua Smeargle will have time to finish judging. Please let me know if this will be a problem.

-Black Rayquaza

Well I am here and I am posting, however I am letting you know ahead of time that from march 8 untile march 16 I will be on vacation in England, So if I am still in it I will be using my exempt round. This looks like it will be fun!

thanx for the invite b-ray, i'll certainly join!

Well, now we have 11/15 of the members needed to begin. This is fantastic for being up less than a day :]

Im going to scout for good artists.....hopefully fill up those spots soon.....some of the PM's I sent havent been replied to yet.....so lets hope they do soon.

-Black Rayquaza

Aqua Smeargle reporting. I'm going to be one of the judges in the contest (the one who's screwing with the schedule).

B-ray: Everything's looking great. Go ahead and announce the first round as soon as there are enough contestants; I'll have plenty of time to judge when I get back, even if you were to set the deadline two weeks from now.

Oh, and here's the stuff:

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc270/Artisan_Cave/Aqua%20Smeargles%20Stuff%20DO%20NOT%20TOUCH/Untitled-3.png
http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc270/Artisan_Cave/Untitled-4.png

It's in two separate images.

I was told to post here, so I am. Hopefully it'll be fun. =)

Back