Primal Groudon-EX in 'Hoenn Collection Box' - Product Image! [9/8]

Kalyst

Aspiring Trainer
Sooo Primal Reversion won't block Flare Tool cards? It says excluding Tools so...? Also, are we getting a new Groudon EX or a reprint? Cause the only Groudon/Kyogre EX's were in Dragons Exalted. The hype is real!

ArceusTrainer

Arceus Collector
There you go WPM, finally a new Mudkip card!

on-t, Strange to see its a Primal Reversion and it stand in big ''MEGA'' Above it hah, guess its a Mega devolution then

Kalyst said:
The hype is real!

Momaster12

The Temporal Destroyer
So this confirms Groudon EX? That's pretty cool. The card looks pretty cool too. I'm just afraid its gonna be cluttered with flashyness and the Mega Rule and all that. Also, yeah why is Primal Groudon a Mega?

I would also like to pint out the Latest Post in "Primal Groudon-EX in 'Hoe..."

silversalamence10

Top Hat Regulator
Kalyst said:
Sooo Primal Reversion won't block Flare Tool cards? It says excluding Tools so...? Also, are we getting a new Groudon EX or a reprint? Cause the only Groudon/Kyogre EX's were in Dragons Exalted. The hype is real!
Given that the set (it was Dark Explorers btw) is out of rotation in the current format, I'd say we'll get new Groudon/Kyogre EX cards.

Also, the art on Primal Groudon is pretty badass and detailed.

NotSeen

Aspiring Trainer
ArceusTrainer said:
on-t, Strange to see its a Primal Reversion and it stand in big ''MEGA'' Above it hah, guess its a Mega devolution then
In that case, it'd make more sense, if the text next to (d)evolution states: “Devolves from Groudon EX.” It'd be confusing, if you use the Devo Spray on it… :D
Yeah, and… it block every Item (except for Tool) and Supporter played against it! Wow! No Team Flare Grunt, no Enhenaced Hammer, no Lysandre, no Startling Megaphone…

Kalyst

Aspiring Trainer
silversalamence10 said:
Kalyst said:
Given that the set (it was Dark Explorers btw) is out of rotation in the current format, I'd say we'll get new Groudon/Kyogre EX cards.

Also, the art on Primal Groudon is pretty badass and detailed.

Oh yeah thats right running on 3 hours of sleep constantly for graduation is making me forget sets. But yeah, not that a new one whouldn't be in order, but I want them to well...not suck? Dunno if that's too much to ask XD

BigfootAUS

Game Dev & VR Consultant / Trainer
"Whenever your opponent plays a Trainer card (excluding Pokemon Tools and Stadium cards), prevent all effects of that card done to this Pokemon."

Lysandre is crying in the distance...

GadgetJax

Traveling Storyteller and Card Faker
Love the artwork. I'm sure I'm not the only one who noticed the rock-like border, right?

The Barriers is kind of cool, as it blocks Lysandre, Catcher, Hammers, Flare Grunts, and Lasers. If Groudon gets a good attack, it might see some play.

On the side note, I'm sooo happy that Pokemon is keeping the same card blank design from B/W and X/Y!! It's easily the best official blank ever made, and I hope they never change it!

Mr.Muffin

Cooler than Everyone who is less Cool than Me!
GadgetJax said:
Love the artwork. I'm sure I'm not the only one who noticed the rock-like border, right?

The Barriers is kind of cool, as it blocks Lysandre, Catcher, Hammers, Flare Grunts, and Lasers. If Groudon gets a good attack, it might see some play.

On the side note, I'm sooo happy that Pokemon is keeping the same card blank design from B/W and X/Y!! It's easily the best official blank ever made, and I hope they never change it!

It is still a big card(which you can't play) hopefully it will actually get released as a card.

Envoyofduels

Aspiring Trainer
GadgetJax said:

I am sure it is intented to keep it the same with the introduction of the extended format like mtg where all modern cards were the same as the ones in standard(that has changed a little recently but you get the point)

NameBlank

The Divine Paradise
The border of the card is amazing, I am looking forward to Primal Kyorge, and ORAS also.

Edit: Also notice the barrier effect says Ω Barrier, will Kyogre have A Barrier? Will it be different than the Omega one?

Pikachu6319

Scooby
I can think of something to say, I so wish we were seeing the Primal Kyogre box instead. I always liked Kyogre over Groudon.

That being said, Primal Groudon looks kind of neat and I was pretty sure they would handle this the same way they handled Mega Evolutions, especially since we currently only know of two Primal Pokemon. And if that Treecko card is the real thing...well in my opinion that pose is just so Treecko appropriate.

I can't quiet tell if the Hoenn pins are three seperate pins or one single pin, can anyone else?

Metalizard

Aspiring Trainer
I may be wrong but Primal Groudon-EX seems to be a Fire-type...

Also, why is it a Mega? I thought you guys would have get it by now... Primal Reversion is a glorified Mega Evolution and this card only adds more evidence to that...

The card looks really cool btw...

The only thing I don't like is... It seems we're getting the starters lines in the ORAS set... So why did they make a Blaziken in Furious Fists if they were planning to make a Blaziken for the ORAS set???

daisukereds

Water Starter Lover
I agree, he seems to be fire.. unless that red is from the barrier text. Specially since it has a "rock/ground" border.

Anyway.. OMG! If a Mega deserves to have the Mega Rule, it's this thing right here. I'm quite sure there won't be a spirit link (or similar) for M Groudon-EX. It's like that girl you see on the street, you immediately fall in love with her, and you don't even know her xD

GadgetJax

Traveling Storyteller and Card Faker
On a side note, as a question to anyone who might know: since Phantom Gate releases September 13, am I correct in assuming that the set should start leaking around September 11, just like Rising Fist did?

thekoggles

Aspiring Trainer
Metalizard said:
I may be wrong but Primal Groudon-EX seems to be a Fire-type...

Also, why is it a Mega? I thought you guys would have get it by now... Primal Reversion is a glorified Mega Evolution and this card only adds more evidence to that...

Or they didn't want to introduce yet another mechanic into Gen 6's TCG cards like that? Mega Evos are their thing for the XY series. It's the mechanic it'll focus on, even if they aren't Megas.

The art on that Primal Groudon looks beautiful. And that ability. That's interesting. No Lysandre-ing it out.