Primal Groudon-EX in 'Hoenn Collection Box' - Product Image! [9/8]

Also let's not forget that unless ORAS wants to wait on bigger reveals, we only have the two Primal Pokemon. No sense in making a new mechanic for two cards.

GadgetJax said:
On the side note, I'm sooo happy that Pokemon is keeping the same card blank design from B/W and X/Y!! It's easily the best official blank ever made, and I hope they never change it!

Pliss no, I know they look good but I am kinda tired they have kept the same design this long, even /w ex, EX cards, I have seen fakes that top most of the designs out there, I think this is the time to make some new designs.

Fire?? Compare the top card colour with the Torchic card in the right... no, Primal Groudon will be Ground type.

RealSlim said:
Fire?? Compare the top card colour with the Torchic card in the right... no, Primal Groudon will be Ground type.

It's the same colour, but because Primal Groudon is an evolved Pokemon it has a white tint behind its name. Seriously, that Primal Groudon card is more reddish-orange than it is brown.
Because we can't see the rest of the Primal Groudon card, comparing it (an evolved Pokemon) to a Basic Pokemon like Torchic won't be accurate.

I'm a bit confused. Will those three starter promo's have alternate artwork compared to the Hoenn Collection?

bigfootaus said:
RealSlim said:

It's the same colour, but because Primal Groudon is an evolved Pokemon it has a white tint behind its name. Seriously, that Primal Groudon card is more reddish-orange than it is brown.
Because we can't see the rest of the Primal Groudon card, comparing it (an evolved Pokemon) to a Basic Pokemon like Torchic won't be accurate.
To me, it's brown. And I don't know why they have to make a Ground Groudon-EX and then change it's type to Fire. We'll see!

RealSlim said:
bigfootaus said:
To me, it's brown. And I don't know why they have to make a Ground Groudon-EX and then change it's type to Fire. We'll see!

It looks brown to me as well..

I really love Torchic and Mudkips artworks, they look super cute, especially Mudkip :3

http://puu.sh/blJah.png it's small but i found it.

Wrong one
This is the right one http://www.spellenrijk.nl/trading-cards-pokemon/mega-metagross-ex-premium-collection/i/13123/

Pangoro#1999 said:
http://puu.sh/blJah.png it's small but i found it.

Wrong one
This is the right one http://www.spellenrijk.nl/trading-cards-pokemon/mega-metagross-ex-premium-collection/i/13123/

BOOOOOM!!! Awesome!!!!!!

Cool, a card that has built-in protection from my most-hated card in the game.

ArceusTrainer said:
GadgetJax said:
On the side note, I'm sooo happy that Pokemon is keeping the same card blank design from B/W and X/Y!! It's easily the best official blank ever made, and I hope they never change it!

Pliss no, I know they look good but I am kinda tired they have kept the same design this long, even /w ex, EX cards, I have seen fakes that top most of the designs out there, I think this is the time to make some new designs.

I said the best OFFICIAL blank. I have seen many really good blanks online that are much better than BW and XY, but the gen 5&6 blanks are the best official ones.

That Groudon seems pretty OP. I can imagine it having an attack that includes Fighting and Fire energy to slow it down a bit, and probably Fire typing so that it doesn't get help from all of the Fighting support. Although it would be interesting if they brought back dual-types... The starter Pokemon arts look pretty cool too. Hoping for an awesome Grovyle card! :D

To many awsome boxes to get :p How will I afford everything? Primal Groudon looks awsome, hope it dosn't have its attack name in the art work..

GadgetJax said:
ArceusTrainer said:

I said the best OFFICIAL blank. I have seen many really good blanks online that are much better than BW and XY, but the gen 5&6 blanks are the best official ones.

Everyone have different taste I guess. I don't agree thought, think all the blanks that are after gen 3 are very generic and boring :/ Really liked to old cards better and its the main reason why I only care about ultra rares in the newer sets.

Quite frankly, as long as he is a good Poke, there is a good Fire and a good Fighting he can go to. I much prefer Fire, but depends on what his Primal Evo does in the real game.
As for M Metagross-EX looks pretty cool (image-wise). Can't comment much aside from the lower 220 HP and lots of text in the card (but don't know if that is the case for whatever language that is.. German? probably not..)

What is this BLANK you are all talking about? Figures, there are still terms in TCG I don't know about :)

@thekoggles and Pikachu6319: You could be right, but that's kind of a lame excuse plus, after looking at ArceusTrainer's profile pic after Pikachu6319's post, remember they add a new rule/mechanic to a single pokémon, Arceus, during the DPPt era, so... may not be the same but still...

@RealSlim: Why? Precisely because of the change... Just look at Charizard and Mega Charizard X, they made it a Dragon-type in the TCG to reflect its change in type when it Mega evolves into Mega Charizard X in the game... In fact, even though we've only seen M-Charizard-EX until now, I'm expecting them to do the same to Mega Mewtwo X, Mega Ampharos, Mega Gyarados, etc... because that gives a different twist to the thing.
So, with Primal Groudon becoming Ground/Fire, I was expecting them to make it a Fire-type card to reflect that change... They may keep the Ground-type since it represents Land and all that but I don't see a reason to not take advantage of that...

daisukereds said:
Quite frankly, as long as he is a good Poke, there is a good Fire and a good Fighting he can go to. I much prefer Fire, but depends on what his Primal Evo does in the real game.
As for M Metagross-EX looks pretty cool (image-wise). Can't comment much aside from the lower 220 HP and lots of text in the card (but don't know if that is the case for whatever language that is.. German? probably not..)

What is this BLANK you are all talking about? Figures, there are still terms in TCG I don't know about :)

BLANK might have something to do with the card template. Pokemon TCG has 6 different card templates since it all started, while most other games like Yugioh or MTG only had one or two. I know for yugioh, they had a couple of card template changes that involves resizing the text boxes and the picture on the card, but overall it is mostly the same. MTG had 3 card templates, with the first change being a drastic change, and the second one being a minor change, although a lot of people were against it.

Looking at most of the TCG's, Pokemon TCG changes its card template more frequently than any other TCG, and unless a card template improves on the previous one, they shouldn't change it.

I don't know, I guess some Pokemon TCG fans get bored of seeing the same card template that they would rather see a new one, than have a consistent one that most other TCG's have.

@Metalizard: You're right, it's a rather lame reason for the Primal Pokemon to have the same rule as Mega Pokemon and again you're right they made a seemingly unneeded Arceus only rule despite it being the end of the DPPt era...and since they haven't made any form of Arceus since then (despite the chance for a dragon and fairy Arceus and to say nothing of the Arceus cards being out of format so we could have more of them now) we have no way of knowing if the rule would even stay the same.

I wouldn't really mind them making Primal Groudon a dual fire/ground type Pokemon, it would be kind of cool actually. And a fire type wouldn't be out of the question either. While I don't except M. Gyarados to be a dark type I could certainly see M. Mewtwo be fighting or M. Ampharos and M. Sceptile to be dragon types.

Back