Power Keepers Revelations

Whicker said:
Johnonb said:
pigeot didnt involve skill.-_-
search your deck for any card and put it in you hand.not skill more boring ness

I'd say that Pidgeot DOES involve skill (sorry Abhorsen). You have to know what card to fetch at any given point of the game, which takes more skill than you might think. Also, if both players get out Pidgeot early in the game, then it takes so much skill to "out-Quick Search" your opponent and take the game, especially if you are facing a mirror.
It certainly doesn't make the game boring either. Boring games would be games where one person draws in to everything they need vs someone who can't draw a thing.

It's awesome that you all are putting so much into the idea that Pidgeot might get reprinted and that it's an awesome skill card but don't you think you all are taking it to a bit of an extream.

Just my view point, it's a great card but not godly<<<

Jreeves

and its a stage 2... that kinda sucks cuz by the time you can get him setup you dont realy have much left to search your deck for. what i mean is that you cant have his engine working early in the game, becoming less usefull and taking away alot of deck space.

jreeves said:
Whicker said:
Johnonb said:

I'd say that Pidgeot DOES involve skill (sorry Abhorsen). You have to know what card to fetch at any given point of the game, which takes more skill than you might think. Also, if both players get out Pidgeot early in the game, then it takes so much skill to "out-Quick Search" your opponent and take the game, especially if you are facing a mirror.
It certainly doesn't make the game boring either. Boring games would be games where one person draws in to everything they need vs someone who can't draw a thing.

It's awesome that you all are putting so much into the idea that Pidgeot might get reprinted and that it's an awesome skill card but don't you think you all are taking it to a bit of an extream.

Jreeves

Where exactly did I say that I thought Pidgeot would get reprinted? And no, we're not. Pidgeot IS godly.

Whicker said:
jreeves said:
Whicker said:
Johnonb said:

Jreeves

Where exactly did I say that I thought Pidgeot would get reprinted? And no, we're not. Pidgeot IS godly.

Quote-"Just my view point, it's a great card but not godly<<<"

You know something, I just figured out that the Kingler from CG kills the Metagross in one hit. Cool/

You guys want to know what should be reprinted.

ATM Rock

Nuff' said.
Some other good reprints:
- ATM Ice (a better windstorm lol)
- All of the Team Rocket's secrets machines. (Pow!, Swoop!, Surprise!, etc.)
- Oracle
- Steven's Advice
- Item Finder (it won't be too bad in this format =P)
- Team Aqua/Magma/Rocket pokemon. Some dual-type dark pokemon at least.
- Base Set Gastly
- Baby Flip *shot* Well maybe, if baby pokemon had less broken attacks...

I'm also not really inclined to have Pidgeot reprinted. It would be nice, I agree, but Magcargo does nearly the same thing and more balanced. Plus, I don't really want to see pretty every deck use Pidgeot like last format. =/ Although, I agree with Abhorsen that there need to be more supports that draw more than 3 cards and/or regular trainers that draw to make Modfied less luck-oriented.

It seems Jynxfett is gaining strength due to the delta smoochum(good starter) and safeguard wobby.Anyone else think so?

Woody said:
It seems Jynxfett is gaining strength due to the delta smoochum(good starter) and safeguard wobby.Anyone else think so?

Unless they reprint Pow! and Admin, Jynxfett is never going to be good again.

No offense to the people who like it, I hated Pidgeot. I couldn't play it and thought it as broken. It would get killed in this format with the Poke-Power killers.

Okay, you all are spending WAY WAY WAY too much time and effort arguing about which cards should or should not be reprinted. It doesn't matter!!!! The set is being printed as we speak. They have already decided how many cards will be reprinted, and they're not paying a single bit of attention to you all. Your efforts are fruitless and will only lead to you being disappointed when the set is finally released. So please, just stop all this speculating because IT WON'T DO ANY GOOD. You can do all the whining and arguing when you do know what is being reprinted.

Tomokazu Komiya said:
WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA .

We actually are having a discussion about what we'd LIKE to see reprinted, not what is going to be reprinted. Until we know for sure, we can always speculate, it's nothing to gripe about. Once Pidgeot was mentioned, it started another discussion. We know the set has already been finalized (to a point, possibly) and we know that most of the cards are reprints. So, once again, what's wrong with having a discussion about what we'd like to see reprinted again?

pls god let that mightyena in the deck be the rs one.
Tomokazu Komiya said:
Okay, you all are spending WAY WAY WAY too much time and effort arguing about which cards should or should not be reprinted. It doesn't matter!!!! The set is being printed as we speak. They have already decided how many cards will be reprinted, and they're not paying a single bit of attention to you all. Your efforts are fruitless and will only lead to you being disappointed when the set is finally released. So please, just stop all this speculating because IT WON'T DO ANY GOOD. You can do all the whining and arguing when you do know what is being reprinted.

True,but this is fun.

Alchemist_Almighty said:
Tomokazu Komiya said:
WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA .

We actually are having a discussion about what we'd LIKE to see reprinted, not what is going to be reprinted.  Until we know for sure, we can always speculate, it's nothing to gripe about.  Once Pidgeot was mentioned, it started another discussion.  We know the set has already been finalized (to a point, possibly) and we know that most of the cards are reprints.  So, once again, what's wrong with having a discussion about what we'd like to see reprinted again?
Oh, real mature.
I really don't care to hear the opinions of 80,000,000,000 people on what cards they want reprinted. If you want to do your ridiculous specualtions aabout what you'd LIKE to be reprinted, do it somewhere else, because this thread was created for NEWS abouu the set. See the "Revelations" in the title? That does NOT mean walk down memory lane and blab about how you want everything back. It was all right for a while, but hearing Pidgeot repeated over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again it gets rather old. SO, do it somewhere else.

PS It is interestign that you said most of the cards in the set will be reprints, considering only 2 of the 10 revealed cards were reprints.

PPS If you want to turn this into a flamewar, don't blame me. Because that WA WA WA seems just a little insulting.

Tomokazu Komiya said:
Alchemist_Almighty said:
Tomokazu Komiya said:

We actually are having a discussion about what we'd LIKE to see reprinted, not what is going to be reprinted.  Until we know for sure, we can always speculate, it's nothing to gripe about.  Once Pidgeot was mentioned, it started another discussion.  We know the set has already been finalized (to a point, possibly) and we know that most of the cards are reprints.  So, once again, what's wrong with having a discussion about what we'd like to see reprinted again?
Oh, real mature.
I really don't care to hear the opinions of 80,000,000,000 people on what cards they want reprinted. If you want to do your ridiculous specualtions aabout what you'd LIKE to be reprinted, do it somewhere else, because this thread was created for NEWS abouu the set. See the "Revelations" in the title? That does NOT mean walk down memory lane and blab about how you want everything back. It was all right for a while, but hearing Pidgeot repeated over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again it gets rather old. SO, do it somewhere else.

PS It is interestign that you said most of the cards in the set will be reprints, considering only 2 of the 10 revealed cards were reprints.

PPS If you want to turn this into a flamewar, don't blame me. Because that WA WA WA seems just a little insulting.

I'm deeply sorry for expressing my opinion and not doing anything wrong. I should be really ashamed of myself. I would never, never think about doing such a thing in an open forum such as this. What was I thinking? Opinion? HAHA! That kind of thing doesn't exist around here!

About the news... your thread would probably be dead before we got anything new, so be glad that we're keeping it alive. Heck, I'd be very happy that my thread was getting so many replies and was sparking a lot of discussion. Guess that doesn't matter though. By the book, guys!

Lol everyone take a breather...
Why not speculate as to whats in the set? That IS what this forums is about, right?
It looks like to me that cards from not the last format, but the format before, if that makes sense...
so i wont recognise any reprints as i havent been playing that long!
I was wondering what the other 2 stadiums would be...thinking about the hoenn league, there must be a stadium that supports water in it (ice girl), and a stadium that supports colorless/fire (dragon guy)
salamence delta ex could reaaallly benefit if there are both fire and water stadiums, as he can change types!
but i guess its more likely to be colorless...

p.s i'm sorry, but the "oh real mature" thing cracked me up. we are in a pokemon forum y'know :Dlol

LOL, I'm going to both annoy and please tomo: I think there will be a lanturn reprint, or a lanturn ex XF

ok, that out of the way, yes, pidgeot is godly, luck or no luck, I'm glad not having to deal with that card anymore, it made stage2 ex deck too playable..., and those cards should not be playable, they're overpowered, and supposed to be hard to get out, I'm 99% sure someone is going to say that I'm wrong, but so what :)

anyhow, Tomo, what should we discuss, the deadness of this thread?, how long it would take for some noob to revive it and for a mod to lock it?

Pidegeot involved no skill. The real skill involved in the game is building the deck people. If you build it to make you have better hands more often you won't encounter such discussions. Pidgeot seems broken, but all you need to shut it down is a good battle frontier, or Gardevoir EX, then it is a seemingly mediocre attacker that can be a free prize for you. There's always things to counter certain pokemon.

Look, I'm sorry if I made everybody angry and sounded angrier than I was, but the theorizing got a little out of control. After 8 pages of arguing whether or not Pidgeot should be in the set, I must say the point of this thread drifted drastically away from the original intention. You weren't talking about what cards might be in the set, but about how much you miss cards and which ones you want. Not being practical. The set will NOT be all reprints... or mostly reprints, for that matter. And I don't really care if my thread gets tons of attention if it's all spam (which is what is see it as). SO... whatever. Go back to doing whatever you all want. I won't say anythign more, as you all now know my opinon. Resume chatter.

Back