Potential BREAK Pokemon in Upcoming Sets!

More bat drops! I hope it's ability is for 40 damage on any Pokemon. I love bats, and there are a lot of ways to beat bats, so it's not too overpowered. Now if they make Giant Plant Forest for Psychic Pokemon, then we're all doomed. I'm pretty sure that the only reason they made GPF for grass types only is because of Crobat and Magnezone.

Stage 3 Pokemon (which is what this BREAK will essentially be) are not especially easy to get into play, and take up a lot of deck room. My excitement over BREAK Pokemon was quickly dashed by the reality of playing with them. I think a Pokemon that requires at least four cards in a particular order to get into play (and more realistically probably more than that to search for them, etc.) should be equally or more powerful (at least in HP - ahem, Florges BREAK) than a basic Pokemon EX (which requires a grand total of one card to put into play).

eh.. nice to see them cater to the crobat line which never sees any play. can we get a mega seismitoad EX by the way?

Why does everyone want reprints of the same dang cards? I want to see NEW strategies, not the same old stuff..

Last edited by a moderator:
Blah, you see Bats everywhere in competitive play as it is. Give Hippowdon some love, it's overshadowed by Regice anyway.

Blah, you see Bats everywhere in competitive play as it is. Give Hippowdon some love, it's overshadowed by Regice anyway.
I agree. I would rather Hippowdon BREAK. The only thing against it is the fact that it is a stage 1, but is still faster than Regice. Hippowdon also has more support with all of Furious Fists' support. I've seen Hippowdon hit 100 at least, most of the time.

This is what happens when you ask fans to pick, they pick something to overcharge in power -- Never fails. Personal opinion, Pokemon, take a page out from GRRM (Games of Thrones) and write your own story. Once they come to love it, kill it -- guaranteed they'll come back for more. ;)

Some Basic Pokemon that aren't joke characters would actually make pretty good Pokemon-BREAK. I, for one, would love to see a Seviper-BREAK, a Zangoose-BREAK, and a Druddigon-BREAK. The aforementioned Snorlax-BREAK would be pretty cool too - I imagine it would have an insane amount of hit points.

(Ability) Sly Bite:
When you evolve this Pokemon, put 6 damage counters on one of your opponent's Pokemon.

Back