Pope Celebrated with Comic Sans

Shining Raikou

Your friendly neighborhood Raikou fan!
Elite Member
Advanced Member
http://mashable.com/2013/03/01/pope-benedict-comic-sans-album/

Comic Sans, a font despised by a large percentage of graphic/web designers and the general public was recently used for a 60-page photo album of the soon-to-be former Pope Benedict XVI. Do you think the Vatican should have known better, or are they just completely behind the times?

I love Comic Sans MS and the world of web designers is full of immature haters.
Seriously, it's just a font. What's everyone's problem?

Meh, who cares about the font... It's not the best, but there are worse. Besides, Vatican has more important things to worry about than that.

COMIC SAAAAAAAAAAAAANS

It's an ugly font, which is probably why it is so hated.

Oh my. It looks like a scrapbook. Either that or Catholicism-for-kids.

looks like the font they chose to celebrate the pope's retirement was quite

comical

Well, if you don't like comic sans, I recommend watching Vsauce's video of comic sans. Then we'll talk.
It doesn't matter to me anyways. Never followed the pope, never will.

Some Loser said:
looks like the font they chose to celebrate the pope's retirement was quite

comical

csi_miami_yeah.jpg

This probably won't matter for the 3 people who will actually read this photo album.

DNA said:

Same reason an overwhelming majority hate Nickleback. Its the cool thing to hate, whether you have a real opinion of it or not.

The Catholic Church is very behind the times and is very disconnected with much of the popular opinion and this is one circumstance where it shows. I personally think that either this was a troll move by the person who made the album, or just plain ignorance.

evilpacman said:
DNA said:

Same reason an overwhelming majority hate Nickleback. Its the cool thing to hate, whether you have a real opinion of it or not.
No. Comic Sans is fugly. Seriously, look at that album and tell me it looks good and professional.

So, did you hear they announced a new pope? I wonder what font they used to write out the vote?
Comic Sans anyone?

But srsly, there are worse out there. At least you can read Comic Sans.

Shining Raikou said:
http://mashable.com/2013/03/01/pope-benedict-comic-sans-album/

Comic Sans, a font despised by a large percentage of graphic/web designers and the general public was recently used for a 60-page photo album of the soon-to-be former Pope Benedict XVI. Do you think the Vatican should have known better, or are they just completely behind the times?

I think they are... sansational.
(It's really late, but it had to be said... it just had to...)

I'll let myself out.

Back