Pokemon the Series X / Y Discussion (English Dub)

mijumarulover

Water Pokemon Trainer
The English dub of the Pokémon XY series is now fully starting! Tune into Cartoon Network at 8:30am EST every Saturday for the latest episodes, and use this thread to discuss the new series! :)

Episodes can also be found streaming online here and elsewhere around the web, though episodes may not be available online until some time after they've aired.

Current Episodes:
25) Climbing the Walls! - (July 5, 2014)
26) A Battle by Any Other Name! - (July 12, 2014)
27) To Find a Fairy Flower! - (July 19, 2014)

1) - Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventure Begin! - (October 19, 2013)
2) - Lumious City Pursuit! - (October 19, 2013)
3) - A Battle of Aerial Mobility - (February 1, 2014)
4) - A Shockingly Cheeky Friendship! - (February 8, 2014)
5) - A Blustery Santalune Gym Battle! - (February 15, 2014)
6) - Battling on Thin Ice! - (February 22, 2014)
7) - Giving Chase at the Rhyhorn Race! - (March 1, 2014)
8) - Grooming Furfrou! - (March 8, 2014)
9) - Clemont's Got a Secret! - (March 15, 2014)
10) - Mega-Mega Meowth Madness! - (March 22, 2014)
11) - The Bamboozling Forest! - (March 29, 2014)
12) - To Catch a Pokémon Smuggler! - (April 5, 2014)
13) - Kindergarten Chaos! - (April 12, 2014)
14) - Seeking Shelter from the Storm! - (April 19, 2014)
15) - An Appetite for Battle! - (April 26, 2014)
16) - A Jolting Switcheroo! - (May 3, 2014)
17) - A Rush of Ninja Wisdom! - (May 10, 2014)
18) - Awakening the Sleeping Giant! - (May 17, 2014)
19) - A Conspiracy to Conquer - (May 24, 2014)
20) - Breaking Titles at the Chateau! - (June 7, 2014)
21) - A PokéVision of Things to Come! - (June 14, 2014)
22) - Going for the Gold! - (June 21, 2014)
23) - Coming Back for the Cold! - (June 28, 2014)
24) - An Undersea Place to Call Home! - (Postponed/Banned)
25) Climbing the Walls! - (July 5, 2014)
26) A Battle by Any Other Name! - (July 12, 2014)
27) To Find a Fairy Flower! - (July 19, 2014)
28)The Bonds of Evolution! - (July 26, 2014)
29)Heroes - Friends and Faux Alike! - (August 2, 2014)
30) --- - (--)

Original OP:

Do you think the animation seems to be different? Do you think the story will improve, or what do you want from the storyline?

RE: Pokemon X/Y Anime: Animation and Storyline

More training episodes, more evolutions and more of Ash's older Pokémon instead of just search and rescue Charizard.

I think the animation style itself hasn't changed much, based on the trailers. I hope we get less fillers this time, with the exception of those where important events take place that move the story forwards. Of course the wish of the protagonist winning the league probably won't come true. :p

You're bound to see animation variances throughout X/Y. Maybe not the first season, but most likely the second and subsequent ones.

One thing that I usually look forward to in a new Pokemon season are the changes to the animation quality. You might end up seeing a few minor changes here and there, but nothing wayyyy too major. The actual season may be similar in a few ways to BW, except Ash may slow down a bit on his journey and spend more time in towns and worrying less about reaching the next gym as soon as possible.

Mega Charizard, anyone? I rather hope that's a thing.

I really want to see Mega Evolution in the anime. In the games it requires items and bonding. We know Ash always tries to bond with his Pokémon, but I haven't seen item effects happening during battles. The anime differs from the games, however, so we might get to see them anyway! How do you imagine Mega Evolution in the anime?

Like the B/W style animations, all fancy and CG'd, probably. But instead of a blue tinge, I could totally see it being reddish.

More in-depth battle scenes, not that stupid cutscene stuff.

Bashamo said:

Yes! I'm not the only one annoyed by this! No more of this garbage. It's just poor production and has been going on too long now.

That new trailer got me psyched for the new anime even more! Was that a flashback of younger Ash?

I'm guessing Ash will get Froakie from the adventure we just saw and another trainer gets Fennekin? The Garchomp battle I also really want to see!

Clearly, Ash's Pikachu will learn aerial ace to save him from splattering into that building...

YakobTheRed said:
Clearly, Ash's Pikachu will learn aerial ace to save him from splattering into that building...

Haha, maybe Pikachu will get hit by a Flying Thunderstone to turn into Zapdos. :p

Jokes aside, I'm curious how he will get out of that one. Maybe Charizard comes back? Positive thinking, haha.. Perhaps a Psychic type Pokémon will rescue them. What do you think?

Drohn said:
I really want to see Mega Evolution in the anime. In the games it requires items and bonding. We know Ash always tries to bond with his Pokémon, but I haven't seen item effects happening during battles. The anime differs from the games, however, so we might get to see them anyway! How do you imagine Mega Evolution in the anime?

Item effects have happened before, as Piplup stopped trying to evolve when Dawn got the Everstone.

Elite Stride said:
Bashamo said:

Yes! I'm not the only one annoyed by this! No more of this garbage. It's just poor production and has been going on too long now.

I don't mind the move combinations, as they're imaginative and can bring an edge to a battle.

The new clothes make Ash look a bit older, so maybe he's finally 11?

Elite Stride said:
Bashamo said:

Yeah, and things like Turtwig eating his own Energy Ball and grew powerful off it.

Science time.

What's dumb is the fact that, with the use of proper physics, growing powerful off eating one's own Energy Ball wouldn't happen. Energy Ball is a release of energy from the user, meaning that there must be a loss of energy somewhere for this to happen. This can only mean that he would grow weaker with every expulsion of energy as there is a drain on his energy reserve. If this didn't happen and said energy recharged nigh instantaneously, then he could use the move all day and not even break a sweat, which isn't possible as seen in the show when Pokemon grow tired from using moves, much like lifting weights or punching a punching bag. But, if he were to eat the Energy Ball that he released, the energy would go back inside of the Turtwig and be reabsorbed, recharging his energy reserve by the same amount of energy spent on his Energy Ball attack. So basically, nothing happens. In fact, as the Energy Ball is constantly losing energy by producing light, Turtwig would in fact lose energy, even if he reabsorbed it.

tl;dr Pokemon Anime Logic is dumb.

Anyway, I really hope they don't make the voices insanely high pitched this season. I'm looking at you, Sinnoh.

I'm hoping every episode doesn't start with "gotta go find me a gym so I can earn a GYM BADGE!"

We understand, Ash. You travel region after region defeating gyms. Maybe don't proclaim it to everyone and ask your friend Serena how she's feeling, you haven't seen her in forever. Quit being selfish.

What I'm asking for is a little bit of character development between Ash and his companions, even if it is simple enough as that kids could follow, along with Ash having an epiphany of what a strong team consists of. No more 1st stage pokemon taking on the pokemon league tournament.

Elite Stride said:
Bashamo said:

I liked combinations like in contests, or when attacks are used in the environment to provide an edge or change, so the series should have more of that (also the games), but that combination is just person (dammit, I'm not even insulting anyone!)... Why did he do it?

Kecleon-X said:
Elite Stride said:

Yeah, and things like Turtwig eating his own Energy Ball and grew powerful off it.

Science time.

What's dumb is the fact that, with the use of proper physics, growing powerful off eating one's own Energy Ball wouldn't happen. Energy Ball is a release of energy from the user, meaning that there must be a loss of energy somewhere for this to happen. This can only mean that he would grow weaker with every expulsion of energy as there is a drain on his energy reserve. If this didn't happen and said energy recharged nigh instantaneously, then he could use the move all day and not even break a sweat, which isn't possible as seen in the show when Pokemon grow tired from using moves, much like lifting weights or punching a punching bag. But, if he were to eat the Energy Ball that he released, the energy would go back inside of the Turtwig and be reabsorbed, recharging his energy reserve by the same amount of energy spent on his Energy Ball attack. So basically, nothing happens. In fact, as the Energy Ball is constantly losing energy by producing light, Turtwig would in fact lose energy, even if he reabsorbed it.

tl;dr Pokemon Anime Logic is dumb.

Anyway, I really hope they don't make the voices insanely high pitched this season. I'm looking at you, Sinnoh.

I think the schtick of energy ball is that the user draws energy from the nature surrounding him, not from within. I think it's the same with shadow ball and the pulses. So, in theory, eating many energy balls would increase the user's energy, sort of like synthesis or growth.

Blob55 said:
Drohn said:

Item effects have happened before, as Piplup stopped trying to evolve when Dawn got the Everstone.

Elite Stride said:

I don't mind the move combinations, as they're imaginative and can bring an edge to a battle.

The new clothes make Ash look a bit older, so maybe he's finally 11?

That's what I'm hoping for. Is ten and a half years old still too much to ask of the anime?

Drohn said:

Seeing how bonding affects MegaEvolutions as well as just seeing the transformation itself is a rather exciting notion. My main hope is that Ash will keep Charizard this season, meet someone that explains Megas, find his mega stone. The whole episode of Charizard returning explained how close the two were bonded after everything they went through.

Bisharp said:
That's what I'm hoping for. Is ten and a half years old still too much to ask of the anime?

I'm hoping traveling across FIVE regions is enough time to age half a year, right? (still wish Ash was 26)

Back