Spin-Off 'Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon' Launching Winter 2015

Zielo

Caught 'em all.
I am very very very very very very *gasp* very excited for a new mystery dungeon game to come out.

However, the title and description worries me very much. It sounds as if they are going to make it into more of a spin-off- of the -spin-off, like what they did with Pokemon Rumble and Pokemon Trozei (Pokemon Rumble World and Pokemon Shuffle), turning them into more pay-to-win smartphone type games... I will be heavily disappointed if this is what happens to PMD. Its my favorite in the series overall and its known for having such an amazing plot, I just hope they dont ruin it by changing the play style.

What makes me think that they might be doing this, is the title for one. Pokemon "Super" Mystery Dungeon sounds very gimmicky and generic. In the past, the games have always been a bit more... descriptive and thought out as far as title. "Explorers of ___", "___ Rescue Team", "Gates to Infinity", etc.
"Super" just makes it sound simplified.
Then, the description of the game focuses primarily on the action/gameplay as opposed to the story. Its hard to determine from just that bit of info, but thats just how it appears to me. Maybe story tidbits will come later, but I dont know. I just hope they keep with the traditional way of the game.

Chariblaze

When you add it all up...
Adventure-focused, mystery, more legendary Pokemon, every Pokemon in the dex. So it's to "Gates to Infinity" what "Explorers of __" was to "__ Rescue Team". Sounds great.

Ooh, I just thought: I've been anticipating a Spring announcement of this year's Pokemon game like we've had with BW and HGSS and ORAS, but this is being announced in that slot instead, and it's coming out this fall/winter, like XY and ORAS did. Sounds like the main series is skipping this year, which isn't a bad thing.

TokenDuelist

YGO TCG is Cheaper. Fight me.
I'm excited for this.

I don't even care if it's a freemium game because Rumble World was good but I feel like this game won't be a freemium one. If they skip main series, who knows - that might be our next freemium game to tide us over to whatever the next game they have planned is.

TheFearsomeFroakie

Aspiring Trainer
I'm pretty hyped about this! I love the story of the Mystery Dungeon Games, hopefully it'll be as good, or better, than the Explorers titles!
But... Ooh... Why, Nintendo? Why must you always treat us Europeans so cruelly?! I'm going to have to avoid spoilers all winter, and possibly bits of spring...

Pangoro#1999

Fear the bear
I'm concerned that is a freemium game and this 2016!!!! YOU CRAZY GF!!! My experience with pokemon in Europe is very poorly at the moment. First oras, now this.

TheFearsomeFroakie

Aspiring Trainer
I'm concerned that is a freemium game and this 2016!!!! YOU CRAZY GF!!! My experience with pokemon in Europe is very poorly at the moment. First oras, now this.

Still, I guess ORAS was only a few days... That said, they've very quickly moved away from the whole international releases thing, haven't they?
At least for X and Y we sort of had a simultaneous release...

Green778

It's always darkest before the dawn...
Hmmm what happened to "Detective Pikachu"??? ... hmmm announce one more spin-off for this year GF and I believe 2015 will mark the first year of no Pokemon title series in a while... I'm cool with it... I only worry about the TCG... It would feature too many cards :p

Scorched Feathers

Aspiring Trainer
Oh my god. Am I dreaming or is it happening?
This really excites me! I love Mystery Dungeon and I'm so happy that they're bringing it back. Though, I hope it's more of a Explorers-style game, with a really good plot. Looks like Europe may well be getting it last, sadly...
As long as it's not a freemium game with little to no storyline, I'm happy.

Pangoro#1999

Fear the bear
I've calmed down so it's time to speculate now. I think the starter pokemon are:
All starters
riolu
zoroa
eevee
goomy
noibat
pikachu
Litleo
That makes a total of 25.

silversalamence10

Top Hat Regulator
But... Ooh... Why, Nintendo? Why must you always treat us Europeans so cruelly?! I'm going to have to avoid spoilers all winter, and possibly bits of spring...
To be fair the last time Europe had to wait a couple of months after the NA release of a pokemon game was back in 2013 with PMD: Gates to Infinity.

unownzone

In the middle of nothing
Called it!!!!
Haha sorry, I'm really happy to see official evidence that GF didn't give up on the Mystery Dungeon series!
I hope the story and the music will be just as great as Explorers of Sky! (Because I haven't played GTI, but I guess that one's great too). If I'm worried about one thing, its how GF is treating spin-off games recently. I wish this one won't be so 'light'.

unownzone

In the middle of nothing
I've calmed down so it's time to speculate now. I think the starter pokemon are:
All starters
riolu
zoroa
eevee
goomy
noibat
pikachu
Litleo
That makes a total of 25.

Yeah more starter choices and the personality test has to come back.
I really don't mind soft resetting to get the Pokemon I want.
Mostly because I usually go with the result if I feel satisfactory with it, instead of selecting one beforehand and repeating the test until I get the Pokemon I want

Leaf_Ranger

Knight of Nature and Pokémon
Good, more options about Pokémon. The fans of this series may rejoice. From what I've heard of Rumble (the last one), I exoect that this MD doesn't follow the same path.

As usual I don't have a problem with Europeans being the last because in this case, I prefer to have others serving as guinea pigs. :p

TheFearsomeFroakie

Aspiring Trainer
To be fair the last time Europe had to wait a couple of months after the NA release of a pokemon game was back in 2013 with PMD: Gates to Infinity.

Admittedly, yes, the ORAS gap was only a couple of days, I suppose, so it wasn't overly bad, however it isn't just Pokemon where we've been let down for games, the lack of a physical copy of Shin Megami Tensei 4 was a real letdown. Still, I suppose the Americans usually getting the games before us is a good thing; after all, you guys can test the games before it comes here and we can see if they're worth buying, haha!

Blob55

Aspiring Trainer
I hope the "Super" part means all Pokémon are available excluding Volcanion.
I do NOT want another disappointment, like GTI.

Also, since the release dates are months apart, I guess that means it's not freemium, as all of the freemium Pokémon games come out very close to each other.

Last edited:

NaturallyDark

Master of Nightmares
Argh I'm so excited! I can't wait to see the new non-player characters and hear the soundtrack! As long as those two are fine and there's a hard-copy release, I don't care about the plot or if there's DLC!