Project Pokemon Shuffle - The Pokedex 2.0 Region Thread!

Reggie McGigas said:
One suggestion is that can we please keep Specice to regular galale? It keeps the line to simple elemental spheres like the other two. I will elaborate further when I have free time.
Mega Glalie isn't really any less spherical than Cloyster. But, the objective of introducing Fluoreye was to add another Ice type to the meta and provide Poison with a second Mega option, so an alternative that solves both those objectives is acceptable.

RE: Pokedex 2.0 - Region Thread!

#120 Fluoreye
Glowing Eye Pokemon
cryogonal.gif

Basic Pokémon
Ice/Poison
Ability: Tinted Lens (HA: Contrary)
Stats: 80/65/60/65/100/50 Total: 420
Their eyes filled with a venomous liquid that glows in the dark as a warning. Its body and eyes are actually made of small particles. When it mega evolves, these particles compress together to increase its defense.

#120-M Mega Fluoreye
Glowing Eye Pokemon
mega-glalie-shiny.png

Mega Evolves from Fluoreye with the Fluoreite
Ice/Poison
Ability: Tinted Lens
Stats: 80/85/80/105/100/70 Total: 520
Their eyes filled with a venomous liquid that glows in the dark as a warning. Its body and eyes are actually made of small particles. When it mega evolves, these particles compress together to increase its defense.

#040 Specice
Mysterious Pokémon
glalie.gif

Evolves from Ghodapt at level 25 during hail conditions

Ice/Ghost
Ability: Cursed Body (HA: Snow Warning)
Stats: 105/60/65/105/60/55 Total: 450
It can control the air around it and make it colder because it has adapted to the cold enviorment. People believe that the ice on its body will never come off.

My suggestions.

Route B19
Route B19 connects Treis Castle to the Ancient Shrine. There is an area here called "Poison Peak" where poison type Pokemon live.

Pokémon Available [Route B19]
Languaglyph level 40-42
50%
unown-hotel.gif

Dustmite level 40-42
35%
328.gif

Jiniseh level 41-43
5%
hoopa.gif

Comonitate level 41-43
5%
sigilyph.gif

Dracomental level 41-43
5%
rayquaza.gif

Trainer Battles

Backpacker Axel
150px-VSBackpacker.png

Leoroar level 44
pyroar.gif

Flamethrower/Noble Roar/Take Down/Super Fang

Shelok level 44
shelgon.gif

Stealth Rock/Baton Pass/Dragon Breath/Power Gem

Ace Trainer Ryan
VSBlue.png

Aerosun level 43
castform-sunny.gif

Flame Burst/Sunny Day/Protect/Air Cutter

Mothem level 43
venomoth.gif

Air Cutter/Bug Buzz/Psybeam/Poison Powder

Rinercules level 43
heracross.gif

Mega Horn/Horn Drill/Horn Attack/Pin Missle

Poison Peak
An area where many Poison type Pokemon reside. An old factory was removed here recently, however Poison Pokemon are still attracted to the stench left behind.

Pokemon:
Toxrose level 41-42
33%
roserade.gif

Fluoreye level 41-42
33%
cryogonal.gif

Amphixon level 41-42
33%
marshtomp.gif

Malevoslug level 41-42
1%
muk.gif

Trainer Battles
Nurse Abby
Spr_BW_Nurse.png

Chapin level 43
lopunny.gif

Slam/Dizzy Punch/Wake Up Slap/Captivate

The nurse will heal your Pokemon afterwards.

Also, at the end of the peak you will see a man with green hair. He says he was riding his Pokemon in the sky then he went into a mysterious cloud. He came out above some sort of shrine and decided to rest here. Talk to him post game and you will be able to battle him.

Pokemon Trainer N
mugshot21.png

Pokemon:

Zekrom level 75 (If you picked Purotenshi)
zekrom.gif

Fusion Bolt/Dragon Claw/Imprison/Fly

Reshiram level 75 (If you picked Kuraskami)
reshiram.gif

Fusion Flare/Dragon Pulse/Imprison/Fly

After the match N gives you the mega stone for Fluoreye. He that he figures you could use it to better use then him.

If I'm being honest, right now I think I'd like to take out Fluoreye entirely (it wasn't a good concept) and introduce Mega Stingee instead...then move Douball back from being #163 to #120, and rearrange #163-171 in the following order, merging Flarie and reintroducing Nateer/Mysteer:

163: Nateer
164: Mysteer
165: Petalish
166: Petalue
166-M: Mega Petalue
167: Embird
168: Phlarenix
169: Flarie (Both male and female)
170: Sacreferno
170-M: Mega Sacreferno
171: Sacrevolt
171-M: Mega Sacrevolt

Wait wait wait wait wait wait

First, check route 19. I added another mini-story to further express interest in Mawcrocosm.

Second, I think Mawcrocosm should be changed to Jawmeverse. It is a somewhat simpler name and we already have legendaries like Purotenshi and Kuraskami with incredibly hard to spell names.

Third, I think Fluroeye should stay. I like the concept of a one off Pokemon with a mega and it could be a good counterpart to Argesect if we had Casey use it as her main Pokemon (Floyd has Argessect).

Reggie McGigas said:
Second, I think Mawcrocosm should be changed to Jawmeverse. It is a somewhat simpler name and we already have legendaries like Purotenshi and Kuraskami with incredibly hard to spell names.
Mawcrocosm's name is a pun on the terms microcosm and macrocosm, large scale and small scale universes, reflecting Mawcrocosm's ambiguously either containing another universe inside it, or serving as a portal to a larger universe outside the one the characters inhabit. The use of maw links back to its prime universe equivalent, Mawile, due to its status of not being wholly a creature of Baloncé's world. The first syllable obscures whether the remainder was meant to refer to micro- or macrocosm, completing the pun.

The encounter with N on Route B19 is exactly why I didn't want to do the Another World reveal until the locations were largely complete; had it been introduced sooner, it would have given license to put characters from the main universe all over the game, which would have really messed up the Shuffle universe's ability to stand on its own.

Amperglyph said:
Reggie McGigas said:
Mawcrocosm's name is a pun on the terms microcosm and macrocosm, large scale and small scale universes, reflecting Mawcrocosm's ambiguously either containing another universe inside it, or serving as a portal to a larger universe outside the one the characters inhabit. The use of maw links back to its prime universe equivalent, Mawile, due to its status of not being wholly a creature of Baloncé's world. The first syllable obscures whether the remainder was meant to refer to micro- or macrocosm, completing the pun.

The encounter with N on Route B19 is exactly why I didn't want to do the Another World reveal until the locations were largely complete; had it been introduced sooner, it would have given license to put characters from the main universe all over the game, which would have really messed up the Shuffle universe's ability to stand on its own.

If you wanted shuffle to stand on its own then why did you even add this new Pokemon?

Reggie McGigas said:
If you wanted shuffle to stand on its own then why did you even add this new Pokemon?
It answers a question and enforces the distinction - by demonstrating that the main continuity is one that only would be encountered in a very specific scenario, during the climax of the game, it demonstrates fully that Shuffle is separate, which may not be clear otherwise.

I'm completely okay with N's appearance on Route B19, I just wanted to note that the climax kind of falls apart if a lot of the game's events occur under the same logic. The Distortion World wouldn't really work as Platinum's climax if the 3D techniques used to produce it appeared all over Platinum.

Though, really, finding a way to return to a friendly discourse is my primary goal right now. I'm sorry about how I've reacted since the Another World reveal, and working to make things friendly again is more important to me than any other plan.

Okay, here's a series of suggestions that I hope will help resolve some of the issues on the table:

Fluoreye
Obviously, Fluoreye is staying in the game, and I love the suggestion of it being Casey's signature Pokémon. Specice will remain original Glalie, and use Reggie's new Pokédex entry for it, with Fluoreye and Mega Fluoreye being Cryogonal and Mega Glalie, and having the stats posted by Reggie. However, Fluoreye would return to having the original Pokédex entry (Its eyes are filled with a venomous liquid that glows in the dark as a warning. Many legends of eyes in the night were started by Fluoreye.), because the new one goes over length and Mega Evolutions are not traditionally discussed within a Pokédex entry. The information about the Mega evolution introduced in the alternate Pokédex entry can be integrated into dialogue by the person who gives the player the Fluoreite.

Extra-Worldly Affairs
I've stated that I want these to be limited, but being in charge of the only one that's allowed to exist was a clear misstep on my part. In order to resolve that in a more fair way, I think we should each be allowed to determine a single event in the game that includes factors from outside Baloncé's universe. This event can be as simple or elaborate as desired (obviously, Another World is very elaborate), but should be singular in nature. N's appearance on Route B19 would count, but if you want to expand it, that's within the realm of this policy. Mystery Zone is technically also a topic of discussion here, but since that was Lugia123's suggestion, it doesn't count as any of our single shots. Steffenka hasn't approached the topic at all (except with the retconned appearances of Fennel and Looker), so he can suggest an entirely new event, or restore one of those characters to their non-Baloncé forms, under this policy.

Mawcrocosm's Name
Mawcrocosm is the only legendary Pokémon in the game that I've named (with the exception of placing an I in Florilord), which is part of why I'm so protective of the name - I also really like how it came together, and what I feel it conveys. There are plenty of legendary Pokémon that do have fairly simple names (Purifighter, Fightark, Maragon, Mysteriguard, Aerolord, Florilord, and Terralord); only Steffenka's trinity has complex names, and in a different genre than Mawcrocosm's (Purotenshi/Kuraskamai/Seikoshi are named in Japanese, Mawcrocosm's name is primarily Greek); the pantheon as written isn't really crowded with challenging names. So, if nothing else, I think I have the right to name one legendary Pokémon in the game, ensuring that all three of us have, in fact, determined the names of legendaries that are present.

Wait, so I'm allowed to choose one character from an already existing game, place them in a route or city and create a small story for them?

steffenka said:
Wait, so I'm allowed to choose one character from an already existing game, place them in a route or city and create a small story for them?

That's just an example, you could even make a big story for them, or you could do an entire location in another world. And a character from any Pokemon title is legal, not just from main series games. The only restriction is that it has to be contained withing a singular entry.

Reggie McGigas said:
I'm cool with Mawcrocosm's name. I will update the Pokedex shortly with the new 'mons.
I have a codeset in my notes that features a bunch of the little changes that I've posted about on the Pokédex thread (wild hold items, evolution edits, egg groups). I'll send it to you and you can scan it for any weirdnesses.

EDIT: Updated the [link=http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thread-pokemon-shuffle-the-pokedex-2-0-region-thread?pid=2654384#pid2654384]Moveset[/link] post with Fluoreye, Mawcrocosm, and some small changes.

Here's my "Oldie" encounter! :)

When you enter Normeric City a woman will come to you asking where she is. After finding out, she'll tell you her name, and that she went to sleep in her home region Sinnoh, and then woke up on the street. She'll ask you if you can guide her to the nearest Pokemon Center to heal up her Pokemon, whom are asleep as well. When her Pokemon has been healed, she'll ask you for a battle.

Pokemon Trainer Cynthia
VSCynthia.png

Pokemon:

Spiritomb Lv. 76
spiritomb.gif

Moveset: Shadow Ball, Imprison, Dream Eater, Hypnosis

Milotic Lv. 76
milotic-f.gif

Moveset: Hydro Pump, Blizzard, Attract, Rest

Togekiss Lv. 76
togekiss.gif

Moveset: Air Slash, Aura Sphere, Extremespeed, Thunder Wave

Lucario Lv. 76
lucario.gif

Moveset: Close Combat, Flash Cannon, Psychic, Extremespeed

Glaceon Lv. 76
glaceon.gif

Moveset: Ice Beam, Shadow Ball, Signal Beam, Barrier

Garchomp Lv. 78
garchomp-f.gif

Moveset: Dragon Rush, Earthquake, Stone Edge, Fire Blast

After the battle she'll tell you how she earlier saw a girl with a Pokemon looking similar to her Garchomp, but when she asked the girl what Pokemon it was, the girl told her it was a Groshark, and how she saw Pokemon looking similar to Infernape, Sunflora and Drifblim. Afterward she tells the player how much she would've enjoyed exploring the Baloncé region, but she has to come home to Sinnoh somehow. Suddenly Mawcrocosm appears opening one of its mouths. Cynthia wishes the player luck on their future journey and leaves, but before the mouth closes she gives the player a Mothemite*, telling the player how Mothem reminds her of a Pokemon she has great memories with: Venomoth.

*I don't recall the Mothemite being given out, but I can change it if it's a problem :)

steffenka said:
*I don't recall the Mothemite being given out, but I can change it if it's a problem :)
You're quite right, Mothemite hasn't been used yet. To the best of my knowledge, the remaining Mega Stones without locations are Aviaporite, Black Sacrenite, Droughtordite, Hailordite, Immatite, Mikoprinalite, Ovorphite, Petalunite, Thundogite, and White Sacrenite. So if you remember putting any of those items somewhere, please let me know!

I could have N give out the Sacranites and I was also planning to add a poison guru to poison peak that would talk about poison pokemon. Perhaps once you get him to talk about every poison pokemon he will give you the fluorite?

Reggie McGigas said:
I could have N give out the Sacranites and I was also planning to add a poison guru to poison peak that would talk about poison pokemon. Perhaps once you get him to talk about every poison pokemon he will give you the fluorite?
Good ideas all around...is it sort of like the Drac event, where he talks about them if you have them in your Pokédex, or is it kind of a random draw thing?

There's a total of 17 Poison-type Pokémon:
#015 Toxrose
#055 Stingee
#084 Scurvift
#085 Whirlpoxic
#120 Fluoreye
#122 Infestsect
#130 Toxolotl
#131 Amphixon
#141 Rustusk
#142 Venincisor
#159 Toxislug
#160 Malevoslug
#177 Toxarmok
#185 Shelless
#186 Gastrargo
#187 Suffolusk
#228 Mawcrocosm

Also, Route B21 has Mooslimite on it, so I'm claiming Aviaporite to replace it.

Route B19
Route B19 connects Treis Castle to the Ancient Shrine. There is an area here called "Poison Peak" where poison type Pokemon live.

Languaglyph level 40-42
50%
unown-hotel.gif

Dustmite level 40-42
35%
328.gif

Jiniseh level 41-43
5%
hoopa.gif

Comonitate level 41-43
5%
sigilyph.gif

Dracomental level 41-43
5%
rayquaza.gif

Trainer Battles

Backpacker Axel
150px-VSBackpacker.png

Leoroar level 44
pyroar.gif

Shelok level 44
shelgon.gif

Ace Trainer Ryan
VSBlue.png

Aerosun level 42
castform-sunny.gif

Mothem level 42
venomoth.gif

Rinercules level 42
heracross.gif

Ovorphan level 42
102.gif

Ominous Wind/Dream Eater/Hex/Worry Seed

Poison Peak
An area where many Poison type Pokemon reside. An old factory was removed here recently, however Poison Pokemon are still attracted to the stench left behind. A Pokemon Guru will also educate you on poison type Pokemon here.

Pokemon:
Toxrose level 41-42
33%
roserade.gif

Fluoreye level 41-42
33%
cryogonal.gif

Amphixon level 41-42
33%
marshtomp.gif

Malevoslug level 41-42
1%
muk.gif

Trainer Battles
Nurse Abby
Spr_BW_Nurse.png

Chapin level 43
lopunny.gif

Also, at the end of the peak you will see a man with green hair. He says he was riding his Pokemon in the sky then he went into a mysterious cloud. He came out above some sort of shrine and decided to rest here. Talk to him post game and you will be able to battle him.

Pokemon Trainer N
mugshot21.png

Pokemon:

zekrom.gif

reshiram.gif

After the match N gives you the Black Sacrenite (If you battled Reshiram) or the White Sacrenite (If you battled Zekrom). N says that he saw a rival use a similar looking stone, but he feels like that the player could use the stone better than N could. N will then walk off, looking for Mawcrocosm. However, on the first day of each month he will re appear and can be battled (He leaves after you battle him to look for Mawcrocosm). If you defeat him a second time he will give you the opposite Sacrenite that you recived the first time. If you battle him any time past the second time he will give you a Max Revive apon defeat.

There is also a Poison Guru that specializes in Poison Type Pokemon. If you talk to him he will give you a list of Poison Pokemon that you can select and talk to him about. Once you get him to talk about every Pokemon he will give you a Flourite. He will give you an Oorvanite if you show him every Poison Pokemon in the Pokedex (besides Mawcrocosm).

Quotes:
#015 Toxrose
"Toxrose is considered to be one of the prettiest Pokemon ever, despite the fact that it is a poison type. This Pokemon is a favorite in Pokemon contests. However, you should be careful with its poisonous flowers"
#055 Stingee
"Stingee is very agressive. A long time ago there was a man called the Stingee Tamer that could make these Pokemon friendly."
#084 Scurvift
"Scurvift is said to be an older Pokemon. It was used by pirates to put holes in the enemy ships".
#085 Whirlpoxic
"Whirlpoxic can summon massive whirlpools. In order to attack its enemies, it hides, using the green spot on its head as a disguise for alge. When the enemies come by, it jumps out and attacks".
#120 Fluoreye
"Floureye is actually made of tons of tiny particles. When it mega evolves, these particles fuse together. This allows it to focus on preforming tasks better".
#122 Infestsect
"Its body and the mushroom on its back work together. This Pokemon lives in caves so the mushroom can supply the body with the most nutrients".
#130 Toxolotl
"This Pokemon is very cute and weak. However, don't touch its body or you will get poisoned!"
#131 Amphixon
"Ampixon loves to slide down desert dunes. You shouldn't touch it with your bare hands as human skin is poisonous to them and their skin is poisonous to us.
#141 Rustusk
"Rustusk is the oldest recorded Poison type. Its skin is red because it is oxidized".
#142 Venincisor
"This Pokemon collects stones. It has some human traits to it like being able to recognize things".
#159 Toxislug
#160 Malevoslug
#177 Toxarmok
#185 Shelless
#186 Gastrargo
#187 Suffolusk
#228 Mawcrocosm
[/quote]

Route B19

Languaglyph level 40-42
50%
unown-hotel.gif

Dustmite level 40-42
35%
328.gif

Jiniseh level 41-43
5%
hoopa.gif

Comonitate level 41-43
5%
sigilyph.gif

Dracomental level 41-43
5%
rayquaza.gif

Trainer Battles

Backpacker Axel
150px-VSBackpacker.png

Leoroar level 44
pyroar.gif

Shelok level 44
shelgon.gif

Ace Trainer Ryan
VSBlue.png

Aerosun level 42
castform-sunny.gif

Mothem level 42
venomoth.gif

Rinercules level 42
heracross.gif

Ovorphan level 42
102.gif

Ominous Wind/Dream Eater/Hex/Worry Seed

Poison Peak
An area where many Poison type Pokemon reside. An old factory was removed here recently, however Poison Pokemon are still attracted to the stench left behind. A Pokemon Guru will also educate you on poison type Pokemon here.

Pokemon:
Toxrose level 41-42
33%
roserade.gif

Fluoreye level 41-42
33%
cryogonal.gif

Amphixon level 41-42
33%
marshtomp.gif

Malevoslug level 41-42
1%
muk.gif

Trainer Battles
Nurse Abby
Spr_BW_Nurse.png

Chapin level 43
lopunny.gif

Sky Trainer Liza
WsTsDkW.png

Jettran level 41
latias.gif

Dazzing Gleam/Tri Attack/Wish/Calm Mind

Pestiflea level 41
pinsir-mega.gif

Bug Bite/Air Slash/Poison Fang/Silver Wind

Camollon level 41
vivillon-fancy.gif

Ice Beam/Giga Drain/Defog/Sandstorm

Pokemon Trainer N
mugshot21.png

Music (Skip to 0:37):
[video=youtube]http://youtu.be/nZOwv3PJPwA[/video]

Pokemon:

zekrom.gif

reshiram.gif

After the match N gives you the Black Sacrenite (If you battled Reshiram) or the White Sacrenite (If you battled Zekrom). N says that he saw a rival use a similar looking stone, but he feels like that the player could use the stone better than N could. N will then walk off, looking for Mawcrocosm. However, on the first day of each month he will re appear and can be battled (He leaves after you battle him to look for Mawcrocosm). If you defeat him a second time he will give you the opposite Sacrenite that you recived the first time. If you battle him any time past the second time he will give you a Max Revive apon defeat.

There is also a Poison Guru that specializes in Poison Type Pokemon and used to teach about Status Conditions at a university nearby. If you talk to him he will talk about a random Pokemon and the Pokemon will change to one he hasn't talked about yet every day. Once you get him to talk about every Pokemon he will give you a Flourite. After, he can still talk about these Pokemon and he will give you an Oorvanite if you show him every Poison Pokemon in the Pokedex (besides Mawcrocosm).

Quotes:
#015 Toxrose
"Toxrose is considered to be one of the prettiest Pokemon ever, despite the fact that it is a poison type. This Pokemon is a favorite in Pokemon contests. However, you should be careful with its poisonous flowers"
#055 Stingee
"Stingee is very agressive. A long time ago there was a man called the Stingee Tamer that could make these Pokemon friendly."
#084 Scurvift
"Scurvift is said to be an older Pokemon. It was used by pirates to put holes in the enemy ships".
#085 Whirlpoxic
"Whirlpoxic can summon massive whirlpools. In order to attack its enemies, it hides, using the green spot on its head as a disguise for alge. When the enemies come by, it jumps out and attacks".
#120 Fluoreye
"Floureye is actually made of tons of tiny particles. When it mega evolves, these particles fuse together. This allows it to focus on preforming tasks better".
#122 Infestsect
"Its body and the mushroom on its back work together. This Pokemon lives in caves so the mushroom can supply the body with the most nutrients".
#130 Toxolotl
"This Pokemon is very cute and weak. However, don't touch its body or you will get poisoned! I know someone who had an unfortunate stay in the hospital because of this. Thankfully he is alright!"
#131 Amphixon
"Ampixon loves to slide down desert dunes. You shouldn't touch it with your bare hands as human skin is poisonous to them and their skin is poisonous to us.
#141 Rustusk
"Rustusk is the oldest recorded Poison type. Its skin is red because it is oxidized".
#142 Venincisor
"This Pokemon collects stones. It has some human traits to it like being able to recognize things and apply knowlage. My friend owns one and he says that it can even comprehend simple maps!"
#159 Toxislug
"Toxislug is a two faced Pokemon. Sometimes it will be happy and helpful and sometimes it will relentessly attack you. Scientists believe that the toxins in its body are helping inspire this odd behavior".
#160 Malevoslug
"It's brain and body has been completly corrupted by toxins. Not only does this heavily weaken its skeleton, it also gives it a mean nature".
#177 Toxarmok
"The spikes on Toxarmok are coated in a green colored poison. Like Malevoslug it is also influenced by toxins, however it is immune to the effects of the toxins on its nature.
#185 Shelless
"These Pokemon are a common sight on swamps and lakes. They are developing shells on their back and it is best to not interfere with this process.
#186 Gastrargo
"Gastrargo is a very friendly Pokemon. It can carry small children and loves to play! My younger brother owns one of these Pokemon and I must say that it is really cool!"
#187 Suffolusk
"This Pokemon loves to play and help out humans. Suffolusk races happen during summer on some beaches".
#228 Mawcrocosm
"There are rumors that this Pokemon has been around for millions of years". That guy with green hair over there seems to have seen this Pokemon but I think he is just looking for popularity".

Default male and female characters?
fATxdwR.png
12ZZio7.png

swhHaHK.png
0h6vCmt.png

I am also working on Route 19 some more, as I am adding a Sky Trainer Battle and some other stuff.

Back