Project Pokemon Shuffle - The Pokedex 2.0 Region Thread!

Pokemon Shuffle Boxarts?
Here is a standalone Boxart.
8438643_orig.png

And here are two versions of two boxarts.
9662605_orig.png

3727261_orig.png

8594064_orig.png

9471941_orig.png

Which one do you guys like the most?

These are amazing - with skills like those, I'd say you could be a contender in the image-based Create-A-Card, if you wanted to!

I definitely love everything about the design of the Purotenshi vs. Kuraskamai covers. Having the screenshots on the back makes it look more complete, though I think the Everything Has Changed tagline is the stronger of the two, since every official Pokémon release promises a new world.

If you can make the logo on the front somewhat larger, like it is in the first box design, it would be clearer and more actual-release looking. Having the logo below the midline like you have it is genius, though, so larger but low would be great. Also, don't be afraid to put a glow on the Shuffle logo to help it stand out; obviously, the elements wouldn't respond well to a stroke, but you can glow it without it getting too weird.

Still, great work! I'm very impressed by what you came up with for these, and the visuals on them really are stunning.

Amperglyph said:
These are amazing - with skills like those, I'd say you could be a contender in the image-based Create-A-Card, if you wanted to!

I used to make image based cards a long time ago in a galaxy far far away.

However, a lack of winning any CaC's and a lack of time stopped me from making any further ones.

Reggie McGigas said:

If the artworks on the cases(?) become the final ones we use, we might want to give credit to the artists behind the artworks ;)
I know the artist behind the Houndoom artwork so I can ask if we can use it, if you want me to? :)

The Artist for Houndoom is Tomycase and Absol is TheAngryAron.

I don't think we need permission because we are not making a fake card but if you want too I don't see why not.

Reggie McGigas said:

I don't think we need permission because we are not making a fake card but if you want too I don't see why not.

No offense, but just because it isn't a card, doesn't mean we can just use other peoples artworks without permission. I know we're not claiming it as our own, but I still think we should ask permission before using them :)
Hope this didn't come of as too rude, it wasn't meant to be ^^

But if you think we shouldn't ask them, then we won't. You're the one who made the cases, you're the one who decides what to do and what not to do :)

steffenka said:
Reggie McGigas said:

No offense, but just because it isn't a card, doesn't mean we can just use other peoples artworks without permission. I know we're not claiming it as our own, but I still think we should ask permission before using them :)

But if you think we shouldn't ask them, then we won't. You're the one who made the cases, you're the one who decides what to do and what not to do :)
I think you should ask them. It is better to be safe :)

Reggie McGigas said:
steffenka said:

I asked them yesterday, and they have yet to both answer. I don't see anywhere on the images, that you can't use them, but I'm still not sure on if we should use them or not. Maybe just use the Ken Sugimori artworks?

steffenka said:
Reggie McGigas said:

I asked them yesterday, and they have yet to both answer. I don't see anywhere on the images, that you can't use them, but I'm still not sure on if we should use them or not. Maybe just use the Ken Sugimori artworks?

If it says that we don't need permission to use the artwork, then I don't really see a problem. I will keep the images unless one (or both) says that we can't use them.

I've been thinking and I think it would be cool to have special events that happen on holidays.

Regardless whenever you have beat the game or not, on Halloween a special event will occur at Treis Castle. A worker there will appear in a room on B2 will need your help lighting candles in a room. You need to use incinerate to light the candles. Once you do, the worker will thank you by teaching the move "Trick or Treat" to your Yumeat, Akumeat, Hypnozeat, Dreare, Shadare, Maranut, Genishell, Jinish, Petalish, Petalue, and Mysteriguard. This event only lasts for one day.

So, Halloween and class have kind of kept me away from this project for a bit, but today I've got a lighthearted new update: Badges!

BalonceBadges_zpsd3873cd8.png

Rather than each badge being a separate entity, I took a more Unova-like approach, giving a common theme among the badges. Together, they form a large figure 8. The badge order reflects where on the curve it is, so the first badge, Gale, is at the figure's starting point, rather than in the top left. Also, the first 4 badges are based on angular shapes and have straight lines in their backgrounds, while the latter four are curved objects with curved background lines.

About Poison Peak, I would like to clarify why I haven't listed it as a full location yet. I think the idea is great, and I especially like the notion you added in the other thread about it having a poison lake, but the location is a bit of a problem.

Since Poison Peak is a side area, having it on the doorstep of Ancient Shrine encourages players to go on a sidequest during the game's dramatic climax, which is a bit incoherent.

But there is a place on the map and a function for it that would really connect it well within the rest of the plot. If you'd be willing to agree to move it to the massively long Route B17, so it can be where the player gets HM05 Charge, then it could serve as a part of the main quest, which it deserves to be, given how much detail you've put into the location.

Prequel Region?
6087222_orig.png
Feel free to touch up and make changes. I'm not very good at paint net and I couldn't make a better looking one in gimp.

Thanks for answering my challenge from the other thread! As a reward, here's a map. For this project, I gave the map a more washed-out, vintage feel. Darker than Pokémon has any right to be, really, but the Two Baloncés era isn't exactly implied to be full of sunshine and rainbows.

BalonceTLabels_zps37c115d9.jpg
Pre-BalonceB_zpsc9ab5a3c.jpg

As on your map, the water routes are marked in black instead of white. I didn't depict the route leading to The Junkyard, because I wasn't sure if that location was visited in mainline gameplay or not. If it is, I'll put the route back in. Some of the placements and anglings of locations are guesses, so if I messed anything up significantly, let me know.

The area candidate numbers return, but this time I chose 90-98 instead of starting from 1. I gave Grenergy City [96], so whoever fills it in has the choice of either composing a new name or reinstating the old one. Granyx Peak and Ultimoak weren't labeled on the rough draft, but it seemed highly unlikely that they're something extremely different in this age.

I am quite curious what the plan is for [97]...obviously, there's precedent for the completely isolated settlement, like Anville Town in BW, but I feel you probably had a plan for it the moment you put it on the map.

As I stated in the other thread, I'm probably not going to suggest any new areas this time around, but I'll still be around to do map maintenance. Instead of directly contributing ideas to the prequel project, I'm planning on using this time to finish putting together a Shuffleverse data library for Pokémon Essentials.

EDIT: It should be noted that, on this map, there is some overlap into Kalos's sphere of influence. Route A5 cuts from where Azure Bay would be down to Glittering Cave, with <92>'s location matching up to Glittering Cave itself. Then <95> occupies roughly the same space as Pokémon Village. The rest of the French locales don't overlap anywhere in Kalos. Since Baloncé's been established as an alternate universe, it doesn't contradict anything, I just figured you should know in case you wanted to do something with it.

Lugia123

Reggie McGiggas

Blob55

Ice Arceus

steffenka

Amperglyph

Keeper of Night

CMP

His Goominess

Wigglytuff

CF1994

GadgetJax

Leaf_Ranger

Nekoban Ryo

PMJ

Cinesra

Turtwig

Drohn

woohoo962

PhantomHaze

Thanks Amperglyph! That looks amazing! I think I might start a new thread for Shuffle 2 as another thread calls for more organization.

Also, I just thought about making a reference wikia page for Pokemon Shuffle. It would be so easy to find information rather than just clicking on a bunch a pages and hoping that what you find is in them.

For <97> I was thinking about some kind of Battle Nexus or perhaps a legendary encounter area.

Back