Project Pokemon Shuffle - The Pokedex 2.0 Region Thread!

Thanks! I'm glad we're still reading...I know now that everyone's back in school, it is much tougher to keep this up-to-date, so I'm glad to see the responses.

Just a random bookkeeping thing: does anyone want to attempt a visual rework on the Mentoil-Dracomental-Pallegon line? We do have other examples of a single prime-universe species being multiple Shuffle-universe species, but Zygarde being both a legendary and a non-legendary is extremely confusing.

As to our progress through the region, we are nearing the home stretch for initial location posts - there's still Normeric City, Victory Road, and 11 routes. Though, if we each commit to 4 routes (with the longest, B17, counting as two), then we can easily get those routes knocked out. I'd rather like to do B6, B7, B14, and B21, if there aren't any objections.

Hey I can't do them. No objection here. Also in champions isle do you mean blue lightning, yellow lightning or both?

Edit spelling.

Lugia123 said:
Hey I can't do them. No objection here. Also in champions isle do you mean blue lightning, yellow lightning or both?

Edit spelling.
Whoops, I totally forgot to add in that part, thank you for reminding me. Even if we do split up the routes between us, we're absolutely still accepting submissions from viewers for them, if anyone out there wants a chance to leave their mark on the region.

Once all the areas are in, there'll be a brief period of making sure every item and Pokémon is attainable, so that'll be an interesting journey - expect to see big lists of items and TMs with the question: Where should these go? Then after that will be slowly going through the areas sequentially to hash out missing details. As long as you guys are up for it.

Can you use this concept for one of them (note: it's incomplete as this is just a concept).

Route???
Also known as mystifying pass.
Mist always covers the area. Plants grow in strange ways. Rivers and creeks flow up the pillars of stone seemingly be magic. Only the strangest and most amazing Pokémon live here. Post game somewhere you can find the strange tablet (Held by mystiguard when captured). The tablet disappears when used. If you use this while standing beside a certain rock tower stairs will appear going up to it. On top you can find...

Mystery Zone

This place is the same as the glitch version in the actual game (the (other then you) black one) and as such it is not on the map and you can't fly to and for. There is however, the stone pillar that leads in and out. No music plays here. In the northern part of the area there is a trainer. When you talk to him you begin the fight with Darkness. (He says... Before battle and after battle).He has the same team as your rival in the battle nexus but all of them are shiny. Once defeated he will offer you one of the Pokémon he used in the battle. There is nothing else to do here other then fight darkness. Once you beat him you warp to outside to mystifying passes entrance. The stair disappear afterwards so the only way to rematch him is to get another tablet. His team unlike your rivals is at lv. 80.

Lugia123 said:
Mystery Zone

This place is the same as the glitch version in the actual game (the (other then you) black one) and as such it is not on the map and you can't fly to and for. There is however, the stone pillar that leads in and out. No music plays here. In the northern part of the area there is a trainer. When you talk to him you begin the fight with Darkness. (He says... Before battle and after battle).He has the same team as your rival in the battle nexus but all of them are shiny. Once defeated he will offer you one of the Pokémon he used in the battle. There is nothing else to do here other then fight darkness. Once you beat him you warp to outside to mystifying passes entrance. The stair disappear afterwards so the only way to rematch him is to get another tablet. His team unlike your rivals is at lv. 80.

I did actually really want to do a Glitch City reference, so I'd definitely like to do something on the topic. My plan was that, in one of the later cities, like Grenergy or Tundrore, there's a pair of brothers in a room with an N64. One of them tells you that, no matter what, you should never mess with the cartridge while you're playing. When you interact with the cartridge, you have the option to tilt it; doing so causes you to enter the Mystery Zone. This is the only location, other than the Battle Nexus, where you can find the Glitched Stone.

I love the idea of having a route that merges aspects of the Distortion World with a more normal route. It could really make for an interesting place in eastern Baloncé.

Amperglyph said:
Lugia123 said:
Mystery Zone

I did actually really want to do a Glitch City reference, so I'd definitely like to do something on the topic. My plan was that, in one of the later cities, like Grenergy or Tundrore, there's a pair of brothers in a room with an N64. One of them tells you that, no matter what, you should never mess with the cartridge while you're playing. When you interact with the cartridge, you have the option to tilt it; doing so causes you to enter the Mystery Zone. This is the only location, other than the Battle Nexus, where you can find the Glitched Stone.

Hmm... Maybe have darkness be in your glitch zone your way and then have it that when you warp out of the glitch zone like I thought maybe you could have the glitch stone in the bag and the selected Poke be in the PC afterwards and have it so that the tilt doesn't work afterwords. Then just nerd Darkness and it's all good. Oh yea and make it so that you can't re enter afterwards. Also what's your thoughts on the route?

Lugia123 said:
Hmm... Maybe have darkness be in your glitch zone your way and then have it that when you warp out of the glitch zone like I thought maybe you could have the glitch stone in the bag and the selected Poke be in the PC afterwards and have it so that the tilt doesn't work afterwords. Then just nerd Darkness and it's all good. Oh yea and make it so that you can't re enter afterwards. Also what's your thoughts on the route?
I kind of tucked my response to it in an edit on my last post, but, again, I really like the angle of having a route that's sort of like a compromise between the Distortion World and a normal world route. It would be a pretty cool concept for B17, since that's a big, complicated route.

I'm definitely happy with the Darkness trainer, I'll post a full team on him tomorrow, but I can't get it done tonight. There's another area in the game I was going to post about that you can only access once, so having Route B17 have a special postgame feature that allows you to return to those extra-worldly locations would be a neat effect.

Perfect. Also with the Camillion challenge I don't think anyone is going to choose knowledge. 5 shards is not worth it. Maybe bump it up to 5 of each.

Lugia123 said:
Perfect. Also with the Camillion challenge I don't think anyone is going to choose knowledge. 5 shards is not worth it. Maybe bump it up to 5 of each.
In the post about Move Tutors, the tutors are changed in this game to be 1, 2, 3, or 4 Shards instead of 2, 4, 6, 8, or 10 Shards. But thanks for looking into it, I appreciate the feedback!

Also, I forgot to mention, some of the Move Tutors weren't working out, so I replaced Drill Run, Frost Breath, and Quash with Hydro Pump, Megahorn, and Tri Attack.

And TM89 is supposed to be Future Sight, not Dream Eater. Dream Eater is a real TM, but it contradicted the Dream Master quest and I doubt it's a big competitive move anyway, so that TM was actually supposed to be Future Sight, instead.

HM... Maybe change knowledge to wisdom then. It would make it sound cooler.

Edit: someone please post a combo breaker. Me and Amperglyph have gone back and forth 5 times now.

C-C-C-Combo Breaker!

I think we should get a shiny Glytch in there somewhere, or at least a Glytch on Darkness's team. What's the point of a Glitch City with no Glytch?

Reggie McGigas said:
C-C-C-Combo Breaker!

I think we should get a shiny Glytch in there somewhere, or at least a Glytch on Darkness's team. What's the point of a Glitch City with no Glytch?
Maybe he has the three shiny starters, but he also has three Glytchs, all with completely different movesets? Since Glytch's moveset is a novel, there's more than enough moves to go around. But all of his stuff should be non-competitive troll builds, since that's mostly what Glytch's moveset leans into, anyway.

Darkblur4_zps8f0d242c.png

Darkness_zps8f7ef1d3.png

Darkblur3_zps3f0ea686.png
Trainer

Groshark lv. 51
garchomp.gif

Moveset: Curse, Bulk Up, Soak, Payback

Glytch lv. 42
Missingno_RB.png

Moveset: Water Sport, Present, Hold Hands, Hit to Key!

Solaria lv. 46
sunflora.gif

Moveset: Aromatherapy, Disarming Voice, Confide, Destiny Bond

Fightape lv. 38
simisear.gif

Moveset: Yawn, Attract, Substitute, Acrobatics

Glytch lv. 50
Spr_1b_141_f.png

Moveset: Quash, Bind, Sky Attack, Super Glitch

Team Shadow
150px-VSVeteran_M.png
150px-VSFurisode_Girl_1.png
mugshot17.png
225px-VSVeteran_F.png

-Owner: Floyd
-Admins: Casey, Darwin, Molloy

Run Ins:
Imago Circus, Route 9, Zalem City, Ancient Shrine

More coming soon!

RE: Pokedex 2.0 - Region Thread

Well, it's been a few days, so time to jam out a few big new things at once.

Normeric City
Resembles: Rustboro City
Real-World Location: Madrid

The golden city of speed and excitement, Normeric City has worked hard to change its image from a sleepy, isolated city to an athletic adventure. The long, open boulevard that sweeps throughout the city teems with runners seeking to get in shape, while a modest airfield accompanies the city's gym.

Points of Interest
Pokémon School
Footstep Academy
Normeric Apartments
Normeric City Gym
Howling Stone

Pokémon School:
Because Normeric City is officially the first city in Baloncé's Pokémon League, the League has provided it with a trainer's school. Unlike most schools, the teachers at this school concentrate almost solely on Pokémon's stats, and what causes them to become what they are:

Ms. Bass - Will identify the Base Stats of a presented Pokémon. If you show her an unevolved Pokémon with a high Def or SpDef, she will give you an Eviolite.
Mr. Ivy - will identify the IVs of a Pokémon. If you show him a Pokemon with Speed IV of 29-31, he gives you a Lagging Tail; show him one with 0-2 and he gives you a Quick Claw.
Mrs. Evye - identifies the EVs of your Pokémon. Once per day she will give you EV-enhancing berries matching the EV reward of the shown Pokémon (For example, since Varmgoyle grants 2 Speed EVs and 1 Sp. Atk. EV, she grants 2 Walf Berries and a Scutam Berry if you show her a Varmgoyle).

The EV-enhancing Berries are six Berries native to the Baloncé Region. Each adds 7 EVs of 1 kind; you can still use them after hitting 100 EVs of that kind, but they only provide 3, instead. However, each of these berries is considered unpleasant to taste by Pokémon, and will reduce their friendship by 10.
Sangin Berry (Red, [link=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_orange]blood orange[/link]) +HP
Foa Berry (Blue, [link=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acca_sellowiana]feijoa[/link]) +Attack
Ingo Berry (Pink, [link=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaccinium_vitis-idaea]lingonberry[/link]) +Def
Scutam Berry (Green, [link=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muscat_(grape)]muscat grape[/link]) +SpAtk
Loca Berry (Yellow, [link=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kola_nut]kola nut[/link]) +SpDef
Walf Berry (Red, [link=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goji]wolfberry[/link]) +Speed

Footstep Academy:
Established to help the locals train for the annual Running of the Bulaow, that event has since been canceled for safety reasons, but the Footstep Academy remains, devoted to the art of running and walking with your Pokémon.

The leader will notice your Running Shoes are barely used, and will offer give you a new pair when they finally wear out. Once you reach the Symmachine Pokémon Center, you receive a notice about this. Return and he will give you a pair of Turbo Shoes, which are faster than the Running Shoes, but still slower than the Bike; you can toggle whether they move at Running or Turbo speed in the item menu.

The footstep reader wants to see if your Pokémon has worked to support its own weight. Much like the character from Diamond/Pearl, he asks your Pokémon to walk for him, but the objective is somewhat different. Rather than assessing your Pokémon's friendship and species, he instead assesses its weight and EV total:

Group - Weight Range - Desired EVs - Shards Given
1 - 0 to 11.1 lbs (0 to 5 kg) - 0 to 51 - Violet Shard x4
2 - 11.2 to 22 lbs (5.1 to 10 kg) - 52 to 112 - Blue Shard x4
3 - 22.1 to 33.1 lbs (10.1 to 15 kg) - 113 to 153 - Green Shard x4
4 - 33.2 to 44.1 lbs (15.1 to 20 kg) - 154 to 204 - Yellow Shard x4
5 - 44.2 to 55.1 lbs (20.1 to 25 kg) - 205 to 255 - Red Shard x4
6 - 55.2 to 66.1 lbs (25.1 to 30 kg) - 256 to 306 - Violet Shard x4
7 - 66.2 to 77.1 lbs (30.1 to 35 kg) - 307 to 357 - Blue Shard x4
8 - 77.2 to 110.2 lbs (35.1 to 50 kg) - 358 to 408 - Green Shard x4
9 - 110.3 to 132.3 lbs (55.1 to 60 kg) - 409 to 459 - Yellow Shard x4
10 - 132.3+ lbs (60.1+ kg) - 460 to 510 - Red Shard x4

If your Pokémon has too many EVs, he notes that their gait is too heavy, and tells them to relax more. If it has too few, he says the gait is too light, and that it needs to work harder. You can only gain shards once for each weight category.

Howling Stone:
This stone blocks the exit to the city and has become a public nuisance. Whenever you interact with it, it lets out a Pokémon's cry. The worker has the HM for Rock Smash, but can't use it. Come back with August's badge and he will give you the HM; when smashed the rock reveals a Ghodapt.

Ghodapt level 13
gastly.gif

Normeric City Gym
Dedicated to the aerodynamic arts, the first gym for Baloncé is a wind tunnel, with three platforms in front; each platform has a Sky Trainer, and a paper plane on a pedestal. At the end of the wind tunnel is a fourth platform, floating above the main fan, and bearing [link=http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thread-pokemon-shuffle-the-pokedex-2-0-region-thread?pid=2652675#pid2652675]August[/link]. Only one of the three planes is aerodynamic enough to make it to the end of the tunnel. When you defeat one of the Sky Trainers, it releases their plane; if the plane does make it to the end, it shuts off the fan, lowering August's platform. Depending on who you choose, you may get it right on the first time, or you might have to fight two or three to get through.

Sky Trainer Alejandro
150px-VSSky_Trainer_M.png

Pokemon:
Spea-Row Lv. 11
spearow.gif

Moveset: Peck, Confide, Leer, Fury Attack

Sky Trainer Bastille

Pokemon:
Screambat Lv. 11
zubat.gif

Moveset: Leech Life, Supersonic, Growl

Sky Trainer Carter

Pokemon:
Spea-Row Lv. 11
spearow.gif

Moveset: Peck, Growl, Leer, Fury Attack

Items Available
HM01 Rock Smash
TM73 Protect
Timer Ball x5 (Normeric Apartments)
Turbo Shoes
Eviolite
Quick Claw
Lagging Tail
Foa Berries
Walf Berries
Scutam Berries
Loca Berries
Sangin Berries
Ingo Berries

Route B6
Resembles: Hoenn Route 108
The ocean path between the Junkyard and Frescourse City is relatively calm now, but it wasn't always. On the route is a heavily damaged ship, too damaged for you to be able to enter. On a nearby sandbar, Artist Giotto and his apprentice are painting the ship. He tells you of the S.S. Athena, and how it was destroyed during the Great Baloncian War; it helped to end the war by showing the two sides the depths of their senseless brutality against one another. He fears that, with Team Shadow's darkening hold on the region, something like it could happen again.

Pokémon Available (surfing)

Frish Lv. 14-16
60%
barboach.gif

Squink Lv. 15-17
20%
inkay.gif

Nighclaw Lv. 15
20%
clauncher.gif

Pokémon Available (fishing)

Frish Lv. 5-10
70% (Old Rod)
barboach.gif

Plipthon Lv. 5-10
30% (Old Rod)
dratini.gif

Plipthon Lv. 10-30
60% (Good Rod)
dratini.gif

Squink Lv. 10-30
20% (Good Rod)
inkay.gif

Nighclaw Lv. 10-30
20% (Good Rod)
clauncher.gif

Aquaconda Lv. 20-45
100% (Super Rod)
dragonair.gif

Trainer Battles

Artist Giotto
200px-VSArtist_M.png

Pokemon:
Tribee Lv. 17
combee-f.gif

Moveset: Sweet Scent, Bug Bite, Quick Attack, Tri Attack

Artist Duccina
200px-VSArtist_F.png

Pokemon:
Beevae Lv. 16
dunsparce.gif

Moveset: Sweet Scent, Bug Bite, Quick Attack

Beevae Lv. 16
dunsparce.gif

Moveset: Sweet Scent, Bug Bite, Quick Attack

Swimmer Fiona
150px-VSSwimmer_F.png

Pokemon:
Gorgisk Lv. 17
luvdisc.gif

Moveset: Fairy Wind, Charm, Water Gun, Agility

Swimmer Fiora
150px-VSSwimmer_F.png

Pokemon:
Frish Lv. 15
barboach.gif

Moveset: Splash, Water Gun, Lock-On, Flail

Frish Lv. 15
barboach.gif

Moveset: Rain Dance, Water Gun, Lock-On, Flail

Frish Lv. 15
barboach.gif

Moveset: Splash, Attract, Lock-On, Flail

Frish Lv. 15
barboach.gif

Moveset: Splash, Water Gun, Swagger, Flail

Items Available
Feather Locket (Key Item)
Heart Scale
PP Up

Route B7
Resembles: Hoenn Route 109 (lower), Hoenn Route 110 (upper)

Connecting Frescourse City to the mysterious Imago Circus, Route B7 consists of an open sea route, as well as a bike route built over it, known as Thalassa Road. The bike path is built as a pair of alternately sloping bridges, meaning that, as long as you're on the right side of the road (from your character's perspective), you are pushed along and go faster. Several smaller bridges link these two primary paths, which is where trainers have battles. You can only transfer between the lower, sea path, and the upper, bike path at the north and south ends of the route.

Pokémon Available (lower path, surfing)
Frish Lv. 15-17
60%
barboach.gif

Squink Lv. 16-18
20%
inkay.gif

Spea-Row Lv. 17
20%
spearow.gif

Pokémon Available (lower path, fishing)
Frish Lv. 5-10
70% (Old Rod)
barboach.gif

Plipthon Lv. 5-10
30% (Old Rod)
dratini.gif

Plipthon Lv. 10-30
60% (Good Rod)
dratini.gif

Squink Lv. 10-30
20% (Good Rod)
inkay.gif

Nighclaw Lv. 10-30
20% (Good Rod)
clauncher.gif

Aquaconda Lv. 20-45
100% (Super Rod)
dragonair.gif

Trainer Battles (lower path)

Fisherman Cato
150px-VSFisherman.png

Pokémon:
Squink Lv. 18
inkay.gif

Moveset: Confide, Water Gun, Topsy-Turvy, Ink Spit

Plipthon Lv. 18
dratini.gif

Moveset: Helping Hand, Refresh, Scald, Calm Mind

Swimmer Raffaela
150px-VSSwimmer_F.png

Pokémon:
Plipthon Lv. 18
dratini.gif

Moveset: Helping Hand, Refresh, Water Pulse, Calm Mind

Gorgisk Lv. 18
luvdisc.gif

Moveset: Fairy Wind, Water Gun, Agility, Double Slap

Fisherman Giuseppe
150px-VSFisherman.png

Pokémon:
Selilon Lv. 19
dewgong.gif

Moveset: Bite, Encore, Bubble Beam, Aqua Ring

Trainer Battles (upper path)

Cyclist Matteo
Cyclist_zpsf5d20b9c.png

Pokémon:
Rambug Lv. 18
karrablast.gif

Moveset: Peck, Endure, Horn Leech, Fury Attack

Chamcha Lv. 18
minccino.gif

Moveset: Helping Hand, Tickle, Doubleslap, Endure

Roller Skater Vanna
150px-VSRoller_Skater_F.png

Pokemon:
Aggresect Lv. 19
scyther.gif

Moveset: Quick Attack, Pursuit, False Swipe, Agility

Cyclist Alcide
Cyclist_zpsf5d20b9c.png

Pokémon:
Leoroar Lv. 19
pyroar-f.gif

Moveset: Bite, Ember, Roar, Agility

Roller Skater Lina
150px-VSRoller_Skater_F.png

Pokémon:
Chamcha Lv. 17
minccino.gif

Moveset: Helping Hand, Tickle, Tail Slap, Confide

Screambat Lv. 17
zubat.gif

Moveset: Supersonic, Growl, Gust, Bite

Rambug Lv. 17
karrablast.gif

Moveset: Peck, Endure, Struggle Bug, Fury Attack

Items Available (lower path)
Premier Ball
Elixir
Kelpsy Berry Tree

Items Available (upper path)
Guard Spec.
TM94 Rest (From a resting cyclist)
Heal Powder x3
Heal Ball
Revive

I know that both of you guys have been pretty busy with school...since Lugia123 helped with Route B17, I can finish that up, which means each of you could do three routes instead of having to do four.

B10 and B12 are both unobstructed routes connected to Symmachine City, so suburban themes, like a lot of the routes connected to Lumiose, could be explored. I don't think we have a daycare at all, and that would go great on either of those two routes.

B16 connects the Desert Temple to Grenergy City...Strength would be the main move of the day, so something rocky with narrow channels, like a mountain pass or canyon, could be a good starting point.

B18 is a broken route with Treis Castle - since the castle description is specific that you can't go around it, it does have to be approached as two separate sides, but that doesn't mean they need distinct concepts. B19 connects to the Ancient Shrine. Both of these Routes occur while the player is getting used to Rock Climb.

B20 is the last route before Ultimoak City, so it's probably fairly geographically diverse, as a late-game location. Granyx Peak does not divide it, so it's all one piece, but it has been stated to have pockets of both water and land that must be traversed to get across it (i.e. requires Surf, and potentially Dive).

Let me know if there's anything else I can do to help inspire those final few routes - I'm really looking forward to completing the region, because then we can start seriously discussing doing this as a fangame, and what that would take!

I can try to get Route B10 and B12 out this weekend! And I can also do the first part of the Victory Road, if that hasn't been done yet :)

steffenka said:
I can try to get Route B10 and B12 out this weekend! And I can also do the first part of the Victory Road, if that hasn't been done yet :)

Cool, thank you! None of Victory Road has been done yet, so all three of them are equally up for grabs.

I'll probably do a post on Hidden Abilities fairly soon, but the short version is that pretty much all Pokémon caught in the Safari Zone should have their hidden abilities, because it makes a lot of sense that way.

Route B10
Connecting Symmachine City and Doubridge Town, Route B10 consits of two small suburbs, one part for each city, and a giant grass area for kids and Pokemon to play in. The Pokemon Daycare can also be found on this route.

Pokemon Available
Cubbage Lv. 25-28
25%
pansage.gif

Feracat Lv. 25-28
25%
litleo.gif

Hamtenna Lv. 26-28
20%
dedenne.gif

Growleaf Lv. 26-28
20%
oddish.gif

Camoullon Lv. 27
10%
vivillon-fancy.gif

Trainer Battles

Poke Fan Family Frank & Deborah
150px-VSPok%C3%A9_Fan_Family.png

Pokemon:
Solear Lv. 29
ursaring.gif

Moveset: Flame Burst, Karate Chop, Bullet Seed, Roar

Leoroar Lv. 29
pyroar-f.gif

Moveset: Flame Charge, Noble Roar, Bubblebeam, Headbutt

Items Availvable
Great Ball x2
Super Potion
Leaf Stone

Special Pokemon Available
Trianglegg Lv. 1
togepi.gif

Obtained by: Given to you from Daycare.

Route B12
Between Tulove Town and Symmachine lies this beautiful flower field. Many Grass Pokemon are available on this route because of introduction to the location by humans. This is a part of a nature reservate along with Route B13, and trainer battles are therefore not allowed.

Pokemon Available
Growleaf Lv. 23-26
20%
oddish.gif

Cloakoon Lv. 23-26
20%
swadloon.gif

Budesert Lv. 23-26
10%
budew.gif

Petalish Lv. 23-26
10%
floette.gif

Petalythm Lv. 24-26
10%
bellossom.gif

Hedgea Lv. 24-26
10%
shaymin.gif

Fleap Lv. 24-26
10%
venonat.gif

Embird Lv. 24-26
5%
fletchinder.gif

Chapin Lv. 24-26
4%
lopunny.gif

Aerosun Lv. 25-26
1%
castform-sunny.gif

Items Available
Miracle Seed
Leaf Stone
Super Potion x2
Sun Stone (Hidden)

I'll post my part of the Victory Road later :)

RE: Pokedex 2.0 - Region Thread

Route B14
Resembles: Kalos Route 16
Called the Crimson Forest by the locals, Route B14 bears the unfortunate consequences of Symmachine's rapid expansion. Pollution has locked the route into a state of perpetual autumn, and thorns and downed trees, requiring Incinerate to bypass, block many sections of the route. Much of the rest of it is filled with unkempt, yellow-hued tall grass. However, there is hope; the Renewal Institute, sponsored by Grenergy City, is working to restore the route to its former glory.

The first time you enter this route, you cannot get very far before running into impassible thorns that block your progress. A Pokémon Ranger standing next to the thorns notes that, while he can't get past either, he's seen bakers from Doubridge Town make deliveries through here unscathed. Once you come back from Doubridge with the Incinerate HM, you have the firepower to make it through this route unscathed.

Renewal Institute
On a plateau in the middle of the Route is a section of unusually green grass, surrounding a large greenhouse. Inside is the Renewal Institute, where scientists are working to discover a way to turn back the clock on the Crimson Forest's pollution. Inside are many Petalish and Petalue; the scientists note that their healing powers are responsible for the change seen outside. Using a Miracle Seed, they induce evolution in one of their Petalishes, showing how it can be used to enhance its restorative power. They then give you a Miracle Seed of your own, and ask that you use it to help spread Renewal throughout the forest.

Hex Maniac:
Towards the eastern end of the route is a Hex Maniac standing in the shade. She will ask you the question, "Who am I?" Your possible answers are Yes and No. If you say Yes, she laughs at your positive attitude and gives you 10 Fast Balls. If you say No, she solemnly understands your reasoning, and gives you 10 Dusk Balls. You cannot complete this event a second time for the other answer.

Pokémon Available (normal grass)

Toxislug Lv. 31-33
swalot.gif

75% (Except around Renewal Institute)

Petalish Lv. 31-33
flabebe.gif

75% (Only around Renewal Institute)

Varietin (Cold) Lv. 32-34
deoxys-attack.gif

10%

Suraimutuf Lv. 32-34
porygon2.gif