Pokemon Competitors Arrested for Threatening Gun Violence at Worlds

Frosty

Bleh.
They are banned? Holy helix I hope so!

Any source of their banned for life? Is their an official statement?

Lostlorn Forest

Alola is the best region
I dont think that was quite what they meant to convey in the first place. It was dumb, for sure, they should know better in the paranoid society we live in.
I guess their words could be taken as if they sarcastically mean "Just because we have guns everyone will assume we're going to shoot someplace up", but on the other hand, the fact that the last commentor made fun of the whole "too soon" thing (and how "too soon" should never be said in real-life situations anyway) it twists the above comments to seem sorta violently sociopathic and loses all credit the former theory of mine had. And why joke about guns there anyway? It would have more context if it were in a pro-gun rights forum.

Of course society is paranoid, and rightfully so. Fear keeps people alive in a world of treachery and deceit, preparing us for the worst-case scenario - and I wouldn't call this case subtle.

Empoleon_master

I can stop watching Anime any time I don't want to
I guess their words could be taken as if they sarcastically mean "Just because we have guns everyone will assume we're going to shoot someplace up", but on the other hand, the fact that the last commentor made fun of the whole "too soon" thing (and how "too soon" should never be said in real-life situations anyway) it twists the above comments to seem sorta violently sociopathic and loses all credit the former theory of mine had. And why joke about guns there anyway? It would have more context if it were in a pro-gun rights forum.

Of course society is paranoid, and rightfully so. Fear keeps people alive in a world of treachery and deceit, preparing us for the worst-case scenario - and I wouldn't call this case subtle.
"Fear is good, on a bad day it'll keep you alive." -Sarah Connor

Shiny Xard

'Cuz why not.
Why would you post that you are going to Worlds with guns, when you don't have a gun license? Its like you are asking to be caught.

Gruffling

Aspiring Trainer
It's good to see people practicing their rights. They had every right to have those in their car, but they probably shouldn't have posted something like that. Their police were a bit rough though.

The American obsession with guns has always been a puzzling one.

But even if you consider it a right to have guns in your car, they had no gun license. Police should arrest anyone who breaks the law.

Otaku

The wise fool?
But even if you consider it a right to have guns in your car, they had no gun license. Police should arrest anyone who breaks the law.

Why should an United States citizen need a license (permission from the government) for a right guaranteed them under the 2nd Amendment of the United States Constitution?

Now... making jokes about shooting a place up before you travel to that place with firearms in your trunk? Really, really stupid. Granted I haven't spoken with Stumbo in like a decade.

hunter994x

Boss Salamence

I live in this country, and I don't get the gun obsession either. It's not that I hate guns(Even though I hate both sides of the gun debate), it just boggles my mind how obsessed with guns people in the country are. I mean, I get we have the right to own them, but still.

And for the record, I WAS born in the country. I just don't get the obsession at all.

Last edited:

SkyeVictini

Seriously, calm down.
I...I don't know what to say. I feel like crying. This is just awful but to think it could have been so much worse. ;_;

Kudos to the Boston Police Dept. for stopping these two jerks in their tracks before they could actually do anything.

Donphan_Wins

Aspiring Trainer

There's no such thing as a "gun licence". What they did is perfectly legal. I would research this stuff before you try to prove a point that you can't prove.

TheUltimateAbsol

Truth or Ideals? It's all Black and White to me
Ahem...
Does anyone pay attention to the fact that they wouldn't have been able to even use that much ammo?
I mean, there was no Ammo box found among this evidence... Needless to say there's only one mag and one strap that can only hold a few shells at once...

I don't think you have any time to reload shell by shell with a two person raid surrounded in a crowded public place.

And I don't think its possible to carry that much ammo plus longuns into a building without being noticed right away.

Donphan_Wins

Aspiring Trainer
I...I don't know what to say. I feel like crying. This is just awful but to think it could have been so much worse. ;_;

Kudos to the Boston Police Dept. for stopping these two jerks in their tracks before they could actually do anything.

For the record, there's no doubt in my mind that they had no intentions of doing anything. The reason people keep firearms in their cars is to protect themselves, not hurt people. They are law biding citizens.

whirlpoolm51

Aspiring Trainer
You don't need a license to have a gun in your car as long as it's not loaded. If they gun and ammo are kept separate from each other in your vehicle than they have no right to take it from you. You do need a permit to carry a loaded gun though.
Secondly , we dont need a permit or anything to buy a gun , they already give you a thorough background check before they sell a gun to anyone

It's stupid a**holes like these people who make all if us Americans look like gun obsessed lunatics with itchy trigger fingers. The whole problem with guns is that it's almost next to impossible to determine who's capable of responsibly owning a gun!!

All this was , was 2 people trying to look cool and flex their ego for people.

And what the heck is a 28 year old doing with an 18 year old. I understand pokemon bringing people together of all ages but seriously get some friends your own age buddy. Lol

Otaku

The wise fool?
And what the heck is a 28 year old doing with an 18 year old. I understand pokemon bringing people together of all ages but seriously get some friends your own age buddy.

Quick side note: if you don't have friends of vastly different ages than yourself, you should ask yourself "why?". The real world isn't elementary or High School: you make friends of vastly different ages. Some of mine are 10 or 15 years younger than me, often met through a hobby like Pokémon where I've been into it since before they were born. =P Most of my older friends don't play Pokémon, but through various other means I've got friends old enough to be my father... and that's "normal".

When I went to Pokémon League, while I wasn't trying to "hang out" with the tiny tots playing, when you're their long enough (James has been playing for at least 10 years), people "age up". Both of these guys were in the Masters age bracket. As you get older, age differences mean a lot less as well.

homeofmew

PokéBeach's Mathematician
Advanced Member
I can't believe this happened and i thought we already had enough drama that happened