Pokemon Competitors Arrested for Threatening Gun Violence at Worlds

professorlight

Ice Queen
Oh, oh... are we having a gun discussion now?

tumblr_npbjgxHIA81tlbf55o3_250.gif

whirlpoolm51

Aspiring Trainer
Quick side note: if you don't have friends of vastly different ages than yourself, you should ask yourself "why?". The real world isn't elementary or High School: you make friends of vastly different ages. Some of mine are 10 or 15 years younger than me, often met through a hobby like Pokémon where I've been into it since before they were born. =P Most of my older friends don't play Pokémon, but through various other means I've got friends old enough to be my father... and that's "normal".

When I went to Pokémon League, while I wasn't trying to "hang out" with the tiny tots playing, when you're their long enough (James has been playing for at least 10 years), people "age up". Both of these guys were in the Masters age bracket. As you get older, age differences mean a lot less as well.
I'm not saying you shouldn't have friends of lower age groups but I am saying that I wouldn't want my 18 year old son driving to Boston alone with a 28 year old lol I think that's some cause for concern because look what happened?? Lol I always hung out with people that were a few years older than me when I was younger and half the time I was getting into trouble haha you have to be careful these days. Very rarely would I ever trust someone that much older than , say my 17 year old cousin unless I knew them very well.
Also , side note , I did say even though pokemon brings together people of ALL ages.

TheStrictNein

Has tried turning it off and on again
Much in the same way if I get up in a airplane and shout "I'VE GOT A BOMB' I'd be banned from flying for life, these idiots involving their guns with an event where 100s of Children were attending will get them banned from Pokemon for life.

Like honestly, if they'ed just have the guns in the car then yes, they were just protecting themselves.

But why the fudge would you post a picture of your guns while talking about an event you're attending unless it's a gun show. How does that not make you look like a lunatic?

TheStrictNein

Has tried turning it off and on again
They must not do that. They making crime on the competition. Is it happened after the competition?

They were barred at the door (the TOs have a list of banned players, when they turn up they get told they cannot compete, but because of the added risk of these players they were barred from entry) before the event even started.

scuba steveE

Absolute
*reads some people's posts*

*rolls eyes*

I'm not going to get into it though, it would be a waste of time. I'm just glad these idiots were arrested and everyone is safe.

Hemos

The demonic Shadow Lugia/Mystical Raven Witch
I found this news post on a website last night whilst i was trying to find info about the Pokémon costumes in Super Mario Maker. Thank Arceus they were stopped before anything happened. Though what kind of moron would even think of doing this in the first place? They deserve the lifetime ban for this attempted stupidity.

Otaku

The wise fool?
I'm not saying you shouldn't have friends of lower age groups but I am saying that I wouldn't want my 18 year old son driving to Boston alone with a 28 year old lol I think that's some cause for concern because look what happened?? Lol I always hung out with people that were a few years older than me when I was younger and half the time I was getting into trouble haha you have to be careful these days. Very rarely would I ever trust someone that much older than , say my 17 year old cousin unless I knew them very well.
Also , side note , I did say even though pokemon brings together people of ALL ages.

Then perhaps "saying what you mean" is a good idea. Hmm... that sounds snarky, and I'm trying to state it more "matter-of-fact". While as far as you are concerned this is what you said in your previous post... that isn't how it read to me and I'm not sure how it read to others in general.

Logically you should be more concerned about two 18-year-olds travelling together; it is even less likely that one of them will be mature enough to say things like "Ya know, I don't think this is a good idea.", all other things being equal. If you think someone is going to prey upon/lead astray your (hypothetical?) 18-year-old son, you don't want them travelling alone with him period, regardless of age. If you disagree, what ages would make such travel "okay"?

Last edited:

Alexander Degtyarev

Retro TCG Player
I live in this country, and I don't get the gun obsession either. It's not that I hate guns(Even though I hate both sides of the gun debate), it just boggles my mind how obsessed with guns people in the country are. I mean, I get we have the right to own them, but still.

And for the record, I WAS born in the country. I just don't get the obsession at all.

Cultural identity is a large part of it. The gun represents the Freedom that the USA is meant to embody. It is a symbol, a tool to protect the things people love and stand for and to practice a plethora of recreational activities such as hunting, competition or a fun day at the range. The obsession mostly comes from the former reasons, obviously.

Some of the pro-gunners can be just as blind as the anti-gunners, mind you. Some forms of protest and some of the arguments they bring up can do more damage to the gun culture than good, but overall I am pro-gun myself because from what I have found to be the most objective statistics, widespread civilian gun ownership turns out to make the world a safer and happier place. Most gun owners share this point of view, and the idea of taking not just general freedom, but safety and recreation away from them, they find not only pointless but offensive. I'm not sure if this is the place to go into it any deeper than this, but I hope I made sense in explaining that obsession you mentioned.

Lostlorn Forest

Alola is the best region
Some of the pro-gunners can be just as blind as the anti-gunners, mind you. Some forms of protest and some of the arguments they bring up can do more damage to the gun culture than good, but overall I am pro-gun myself because from what I have found to be the most objective statistics, widespread civilian gun ownership turns out to make the world a safer and happier place. Most gun owners share this point of view, and the idea of taking not just general freedom, but safety and recreation away from them, they find not only pointless but offensive. I'm not sure if this is the place to go into it any deeper than this, but I hope I made sense in explaining that obsession you mentioned.
My dad always says "If you outlaw guns only outlaws will have guns."

Anyway, what does "Banned from Pokemon for life" mean? Is that literal, or just official events? :p

hunter994x

Boss Salamence
Cultural identity is a large part of it. The gun represents the Freedom that the USA is meant to embody. It is a symbol, a tool to protect the things people love and stand for and to practice a plethora of recreational activities such as hunting, competition or a fun day at the range. The obsession mostly comes from the former reasons, obviously.

Well, that makes sense. Like I said, I don't hate guns. I just think both sides can get pretty crazy at times and yes, I would agree that some of the pro-gunners do more damage to not only the gun culture, but the images of gun owners themselves. I feel that many gun owners are respectable, law-biding citizens and not thugs or lunatics who want to shoot up everything.

GarBearTheMighty

Growing Trainer
Wow this is awful, to think that an event I just went to a day ago could've had a shootout is insane. Thank god for the boston police.

Luispipe8

Pokémon Professor
Anyway, what does "Banned from Pokemon for life" mean? Is that literal, or just official events? :p

lol, of course just official events, they can't ban you from playing at home or with your friend. Imagine how absurd would a headline saying "Man arrested at his house for playing Pokémon illegally in his bathroom" be.

redsky22

Aspiring Trainer
I've heard of cheaters in a card game before but these guys took it too far sure you could argue they were protecting themselves but you just need a normal pistol.