Pokémon You Want to See as an EX

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: What Cards do You Want to See in the Next Set?

Mr.Muffin said:
A reprint of Machamp from Stormfront. A Reprint of Broken Time Space. A new rule that allows Stage 2 pokemon to attack turn 1. A card call "EX Wrecker" If it is attached to an EX pokemon it is automatically dead, and is worth 6 price cards.

6 price cards is always good.

Mr. Muffin, I hope that was sarcasm. Auto KO on an EX with six prizes taken will never happen. That would ruin the game.

So I hear Japan's Super Legends Set (the one that has the Xerneas and Yveltal EX that we got in tins) has three new cards. A new Slurpuff, a new Pancham and a new dark Pangoro. That being said I hope this new Pancham allows the fighting Pangoro that Japan got as a promo during their Furious Fists release to be put into our Primal Clash set, hopefully holographic...and the Slurpuff and dark Pangoro can get in too.

I'd love to see a Cubone common, honestly I expected to see one in XY1-4 seeing as Cubone is actually available in the game. Cubone and Riolu would be the two commons I'd want most of all.

I'd love a Marowak EX Full Art and a Gallade EX Full art

I'd love to see ex-era exs to return, instead of the all basic exs

MegaCharizard said:
I'd love to see a Cubone common, honestly I expected to see one in XY1-4 seeing as Cubone is actually available in the game. Cubone and Riolu would be the two commons I'd want most of all.

I'd love a Marowak EX Full Art and a Gallade EX Full art

Me too, I want a Marowak, even if it's just a Stage 1. But it better be at least a rare holo. EX would be amazing, but I doubt it. Pokemon's will probably be pandering to Hoenn EX Pokemon bigtime.

-Some reprinted trainers from previous sets and formats. Copycat, Pokemon Communication, Recycle, Revive, and more recently, Level Ball and Heavy Ball. There are probably others, but those are the big ones.

-The Eeveelutions we didn't get in XY3: Jolteon, Flareon, Vaporeon, Umbreon, and Espeon. I wouldn't mind seeing that Eevee from XY3 reprinted either (or at least something similar that makes getting it's Eeveelutions out easier).

-More draw/search supporters.

-Some more playable fairies. Preferably a stage 1 or stage 2 attacker (though I really like Mega Diancie EX)

-More unique special energy. I like what they're doing by giving each type it's own special energy with unique effects. I also wouldn't mind seeing Return Energy and Call Energy be reprinted.

-More ways to shut off abilities. There are too many broken abilities (especially those wall ones) and Garbodor is the only way to deal with them. Some ideas would be a Goop Gas Attack reprint in supporter form and a Pokemon with an attack that shuts down abilities for a turn.

-More Pokemon with attacks that affect all of your opponent's pokemon and not just the active. To give an example, we have a Pokemon with an attack that can shut down abilities for a turn (Arbok XY). The problem is that it only shuts down the opponent's active pokemon which opponent's can easily work around. Even if you can inconvenience an opponent, you'd almost always be better off just knocking them out instead of disrupting them. I don't think every type of attack should be like this (for instance, Gliscor XY4 would be too broken if it prevented opponents from attaching energy to any of their pokemon). It's just than in a format with Pokemon who can easily score KOs for such low costs, so many disruptive abilities are useless.

Speaking of Eeveelutions, something i've wanted to see for a long time is an Eevee with the old built-in Arceus Ability; i.e. that you can have any number of them in a deck. If it also had a nice Call For Family attack, or auto-evolve ability that'd be golden, but being able to have as many as you wish in a deck is what i mainly want. I've never made an Eevee deck before, as i've also felt that with only being able to have 4 Eevee in your deck it was nigh impossible to successfully play all of Eevee's evolutions in the same deck.

And i feel that if you can't have the full spectrum then it's not nearly as fun, whether it's competitive or not.

An Eevee with the 'Arceus' ability would be a good start for an all Eeveelution deck, even better with a Call for Family attack and a poke ability that would allow the player to search their deck for a card that evolves from Eevee and place it on that Pokemon, but it would need more than that.

Between the seven Eeveelutions they need six type of energy (Vaporeon and Glaceon are nice enough to share) and Rainbow energy is the only card that can even try to get around that (which I'm pretty sure is currently out of format and would itself need a reprint) unless they have either a special type of energy like what we've been getting the last couple sets (sans electric for some reason) which even then I believe are limited to 4 per deck anyway.

The Eeveelution cards could also have colorless attacks that might possibly have extra benefits for having the right energy type attached. Maybe then they could have a stadium that would allow Eeveevolutions attack abilities to be used as if they had the right type of energy attached.

Alternately I remember Delta Species having 'mulit' attacks on a few Eeveevolutions that supported the idea of using more than one type of energy that they could repeat. They could have poke body/ability things that help Eeveelutions too, like Espeon and Umbreon had in Majestic Dawn. This could be applied to EX forms too, and let's be honest I expect at some point that we'll get at least a Sylveon EX.

But really we're talking at least ten cards without special energy and while it may not be impossible it's pretty unrealistic for Nintendo to put that much effort into a theme, even in a set as big as Primal Clash. Though they could spread it out between a few sets.

I'd like to see Gardevoir as a fairy type be a good attacker. Fairies don't have too much of that right now.

I just want to see something which actually supports dragon type attackers. It feels like all of them are bad apart from 2 or 3 thanks to their gross attack costs. but im sure it wont happen this set ^^

While Broken Time Space is something I have asked for myself in the past, I think it would hurt more than you would think. Yes, there would be a million new deck possibilities, but do you honestly want to have to deal with T1 Garbodors?

I'd love if they made more complicated trainer cards, that could be played on your opponent's turn, for example. And more tools like the Flare ones.

Ugh, i am really not a fan of having Counter-Spells in this game. I really hated the Old Power-Spray's, none the least because you could only effectively use them in SP decks. Which pretty much automatically made SP decks the best deck in format. But if, like me, you just did not care for the cards then you pretty much just lost, and painfully so.

At the very least, if they were to make such cards again then i'd want them, like Pokemon Catcher, Lysandre, and the Flare Tools, to be cards you can literally put into any deck and have generally decent results. Cards you can put in any deck without needing to include specific lines/types of Pokemon in order to run them.

I never said anything about counterspells, but yeah, something like a switch that could be played on your opponent's turn with some drawback

I honestly think that a Broken Time-Space-like card wouldn't be that bad, Garbodor is nothing compared to a T1 Pyroar. But what I'd DO love to see is a Rare Candy reprint with the old text to evolve anytime, because:

a) If not reprinted, Rare Candy is gone and Stage 2's OFFICIALLY dead.
b) It can bring back some life to Evolution Decks.

THIRTEEN said:
I never said anything about counterspells, but yeah, something like a switch that could be played on your opponent's turn with some drawback

Now i'm curious. What kind of drawback, if i may ask?

Luispipe8 said:
I honestly think that a Broken Time-Space-like card wouldn't be that bad, Garbodor is nothing compared to a T1 Pyroar. But what I'd DO love to see is a Rare Candy reprint with the old text to evolve anytime, because:

What do you mean by this? Is there going to be another rotation? Will BCR to LTR be rotated out of the standard format?? I'm newish to Pokemon but thought these 'rotations' were meant to last a long time. I just started buying up cards from BCR...will they only be usable for Expanded Formats now?

raw19 said:
THIRTEEN said:

Now i'm curious. What kind of drawback, if i may ask?

Maybe something like:

"You may play this card during your opponent's turn, if you do, your opponent may draw up to two cards"

nah, i`d feel a bit like in the yugioh world with traps and stuff where you have to ask your opponent everytime you want to do something if its okay and so on.

Im scared of Mega Rayquaza!!! u.u

darkpulse24 said:
Luispipe8 said:

What do you mean by this? Is there going to be another rotation? Will BCR to LTR be rotated out of the standard format?? I'm newish to Pokemon but thought these 'rotations' were meant to last a long time. I just started buying up cards from BCR...will they only be usable for Expanded Formats now?

It's true that we have just passed through a rotation, but we're halfway already into the sets for this year. If Rare Candy isn't reprinted between Primal Clash and XY6, then it won't be playable next Standard Format (or at least at the beginning of it), because next year's rotation will go, most probably, to XY-On or even LTR-On, but either case leaves Rare Candy's last print, in Plasma Blast, out of Standard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back