XY Pokémon X / Y : Friend Safari (Includes the Available Pokémon)

Jackie

Aspiring Trainer
Yes you can. I have 12 Safaris for my 12 registered friends. My guess is you can have 100 safari's for the 100 friend limit.

Hegafire

>Disappears for months > Appears randomly
RE: Pokémon X / Y : Friend Safari

Reggie McGigas said:
Has anyone found any shinies in the safari zone? My friend's safari has Magmar and Charmeleon, so their shinies would be cool to have

I've gotten a shiny Gabite from the safari zone.

Bloodronin

Aspiring Trainer
If anyone needs dieno houndour or or larvitar, I will breed them for you. If any has found a gligar or gabite with its hidden pm me please.

adreeyen

Aspiring Trainer
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but is the friend safari only available post game? I don't have the game yet, but I was hoping to get a Sawsbuck and a Milotic for my play through and I read they were both available in the friend safari.

Kaiser Dynamo

I Hate Fairies...
adreeyen said:
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but is the friend safari only available post game? I don't have the game yet, but I was hoping to get a Sawsbuck and a Milotic for my play through and I read they were both available in the friend safari.

Yes it's unlocked after beating the champion.

Still looking for those "more common" shinies...

TomoEGoto

Aspiring Trainer
Well, I managed to get a shiny Petitil and Metang from Friend Safari on the same day, so it is possible...

Although, it would be nice to get Friend Safaris with starters.... or with a Goomy and Phantump....

I find it annoying that no one knows what they have until they get it, like I don't know what someone has until we exchanged codes.
And then I run into the same Pokemon I've seen in my Safari.

Buzzword

Convulsively Tripping the Light Fantastic
TomoEGoto said:
Well, I managed to get a shiny Petitil and Metang from Friend Safari on the same day, so it is possible...

Although, it would be nice to get Friend Safaris with starters.... or with a Goomy and Phantump....

I find it annoying that no one knows what they have until they get it, like I don't know what someone has until we exchanged codes.
And then I run into the same Pokemon I've seen in my Safari.

The amount of want I have for a shiny Metagross...

Anywho, I'm getting a lot of repeats too like Fighting and Flying. One of my Safaris is actually Pidgy, Woobat and Rufflet...

Jackie

Aspiring Trainer
your just getting unlucky, the pokemon that appear for me are both male and female.

Bloodronin

Aspiring Trainer
Jackie said:
your just getting unlucky, the pokemon that appear for me are both male and female.

I see. I must of been. On that note thought, I have drought vulpix if anyone wants I can breed it for you. :)

Reggie McGigas

-
A lot of people are noticing that if a friend is online while you are playing their safari pokemon become harder to catch. This is upsetting.

Jackie

Aspiring Trainer

Amanroth said:
I have a few questions about the Friend Safari.
In order to get hidden abilities, does the friend you choose have to be just online (you go to your friend list and they show up and can be playing whatever) or do they have to currently be online playing Pokemon X/Y at the same time as you?

I was wrong in my previous answer, u just have to have at one time been online playing the game with them, so then their face will be visable on your safari. After that u have a chance of catching the hidden ability. I just got a Magition Braxen while my friend wasn't online so whooooo. Now if I could just get a friend for the grass and water starters Id be thrilled.

Buzzword

Convulsively Tripping the Light Fantastic
I'm having issues with friends being online but I don't get their hidden pokemon... THAT is frustrating...

Jackie

Aspiring Trainer
Akwila said:
I'm having issues with friends being online but I don't get their hidden pokemon... THAT is frustrating...

what I didn't understand was that I had to connect from the bottom screen while in game, and that just having the 3DS switch on doesn't put you online. Now that I figured out how to put the game itself on while playing it I am having a much better time with the safari.

Keeper of Night

Nobody Special
I have a Poison safari that also in includes Cascoon. I suppose this means that the safaris are not totally limited to their type (though Cascoon does evolve into a Poison type).

I wonder if you can find Cacnea in a Dark type safari...

Mixie

The Nobody
Keeper of Night said:
I wonder if you can find Cacnea in a Dark type safari...
Well I haven't found Cacnea in a Safari yet but I did find Cacturne in a Dark type Safari :p

Spartan Sceptile

Just goin for a walk....

Reggie McGigas said:
Has anyone found any shinies in the safari zone? My friend's safari has Magmar and Charmeleon, so their shinies would be cool to have

Yesterday I first tried out the friend safari, the 3rd pokemon I encounter is a shiny hariyama, about an hour ago I also found a shiny female pyroar, anyone got confirmation on genders because all ive seen are females

Reggie McGigas

-
You guys can ignore my shiny question. Got a Shiny Charmeleon in the safari zone after 2 days of hunting. It has been confirmed multiple times that they are found and are more common in the safari zone than any other place.