XY Pokémon VG General Discussion - Locked: Please Create A New Topic For Anything You'd Like To Discuss

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Pokémon X / Y General Discussion - Don't Post Topics That Have Their Own Thread!

Why is the whole Ralts line bar Gallade part Fairy type? Wouldn't it make more sense for just Gardevoir and Gallade to have secondary typing?
For example; Natural evolution would turn Kirlia into a Fairy type, while Male and Stone based evolution would turn it into a Fighting type. Having both Ralts and Kirlia Fairy types kinda makes Gallade seem really tacked on.

RE: Pokémon X / Y General Discussion - Don't Post Topics That Have Their Own Thread!

I don't get that either. I thought Fairy was weak to ghost. When Using Shadow Ball on this line it is still Super Effective so Fairy must be weak to ghost but not sure on this though.:)

Psychic is weak to ghost. Fairy is neutral to it. Gardevoir is Psychic AND Fairy, so the psychic typing makes it weak to ghost.

Yeah I knew that Psychic was weak to ghost. Was not sure about the Fairy part. Thanks guys.:)

xxashxx said:
marsbar said:
All points will be transfered to your account once the Gen V Global Link shuts down completely on the 14th Jan 2014.

here's the link http://en.pokemon-gl.com/about/p_transfer/

hope it helps :p

I am confused because I can't find where it says that is when they will transfer over on the 14th next year. Could you cut that out of the announcement and point to where it says that? I could not see where it says that though. Thanks XD.:)

sure, here is a screenshot.

Blob55 said:
Why is the whole Ralts line bar Gallade part Fairy type? Wouldn't it make more sense for just Gardevoir and Gallade to have secondary typing?
For example; Natural evolution would turn Kirlia into a Fairy type, while Male and Stone based evolution would turn it into a Fighting type. Having both Ralts and Kirlia Fairy types kinda makes Gallade seem really tacked on.

Well its not like Gallade isn't related to Fairies at all.He can learn Dazzling Gleam
Not just Charm.

scattered mind said:
Blob55 said:

Well its not like Gallade isn't related to Fairies at all.He can learn Dazzling Gleam
Not just Charm.

That's most likely due to his pre-evos learning it and then keeping it for consistency reasons.

I think the thing Blob is more annoyed about is the line goes from /Fairy to /Fighting and tbh I agree - I thought that it should have gone from pure Psychic and then the final evo getting Fairy or Fighting.

Blob55 said:

Gotta agree here -- I thought for sure Ralts and Kirlia would remain pure-Psychic. Plus, having the final stage gaining a type would've been good symmetry.

P.DelSlayer said:
scattered mind said:
Not just Charm.

That's most likely due to his pre-evos learning it and then keeping it for consistency reasons.

I think the thing Blob is more annoyed about is the line goes from /Fairy to /Fighting and tbh I agree - I thought that it should have gone from pure Psychic and then the final evo getting Fairy or Fighting.

I see
Well its not like the other branch evolution makes sense
I am much more annoyed from Bellossom becoming pure grass type after its pre evos are Grass and Poison. Really expected from GF to change her into part Fairy .. its a shame

The sixth generation was not kind to Gallade. Not only did the fairy-type turn the whole line against him, but he didn't even get a mega evolution. wtf

Speaking of Fairies, I didn't realize how they would mess up my all defensive Spiritomb strategy.
It finally has a weakness and like every Pokemon in Free Battle knows Dazzling Gleam.

Plus most of my favorite Pokemon are weak to fairy so I'm whining really.

Just wondering, is Delcatty's nose glitching?

When you see Watchogs attacking animation, are the yellow bits supposed to flash white?

I have a Yveltal that's Calm Natured. Its EVs are apparently: 20 - 21 / 8 - 11 / 30 - 31 / 30 - 31 / 30 - 31 / 26 - 27 which I got from an IV Calculator, as I don't have access to the IV guy yet. Should I reset and try and get one with a better Nature, or could the IVs be a lot worse?

Blob55 said:
I have a Yveltal that's Calm Natured. Its EVs are apparently: 20 - 21 / 8 - 11 / 30 - 31 / 30 - 31 / 30 - 31 / 26 - 27 which I got from an IV Calculator, as I don't have access to the IV guy yet. Should I reset and try and get one with a better Nature, or could the IVs be a lot worse?

I'm no expert on IVs, but those look pretty good to me. Modest might be a better nature, but Calm can help you make it bulky.

Feel free to laugh at that. xD

Yveltal is base 99 speed in a metagame (Ubers) ruled by pokemon primarily carrying base 100 Speed, thus Yveltal needs all the speed it can get. It has equal Atk and SAtk stats and decent moves for each attack type, so either could be used offensively. If you decide on a physical attacker, aim for Jolly; for a special attacker, aim for Timid; and if you decide to go mixed, aim for Hasty or Naive.

[private]*Arceus sends iSharingan to the corner for putting the wrong word after needs then fixes it.*[/private]

Who realized that Metagross has two more weaknesses?

I noticed day one. I have had to blatantly spell it out to countless people since (and the same applies to Jirachi and Bronzong).

brOkenice said:
Speaking of Fairies, I didn't realize how they would mess up my all defensive Spiritomb strategy.
It finally has a weakness and like every Pokemon in Free Battle knows Dazzling Gleam.

It had a weakness before, you just had to use Foresight or Odder Sleuth and hit it with a fighting move. I'm not much into the competitive scene, but they were pretty easy for me to knock out with that. :rolleyes:

I didn't even know those moves were a thing. The more you know I guess.

Foresight is a Gen 2 move, Odder Sleuth is a Gen 3 move. They're usually known by the early route rodents at early levels, like Patrat, Rattata, and Zigzigoon. At least from what I can remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back