XY Pokémon VG General Discussion - Locked: Please Create A New Topic For Anything You'd Like To Discuss

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Leaks / Rumors / Speculation Thread - Don't post topics that have their own thread!

3 legendaries? I mean yeah we were getting too many in gen 4 and 5 but this is just so few... I know there will be event legends but finding the legendaries was always so much fun

RE: Leaks / Rumors / Speculation Thread - Don't post topics that have their own thread!

GoomyFan85 said:
Honestly, I could have easily done without the Pokemon Amie and DEFINITELY without the 3D not like I'm an avid fan of the 3D nonsense everyone uses. Not ONCE have I used the 3D function on my 3DS, but that might also have to deal with the factor I get constant headaches from 3D related stuff anyways.

I 'complain' because I buy the games to collect the Pokemon, and a good 70% of the times I never use all the functions of the games anyways. Yes, I do realize GF is trying to appease everyone, but the lack of new Pokemon doesn't make my stomach settle any better. Here's to hoping Gen VII will produce newer Pokemon and no 'reuse of legends' nonsense that we are getting more and more of frequently.

....You could just turn your 3D function off. Also, do you remember Pokemon RED? Where we had a total of 5 legendaries..? Mew (hidden), Mewtwo, Articuno, Moltres, and Zapdos? I'd say it's high time to bring back a little nostalgia. If you're really disappointed with this game, don't buy it. Wait for the next one, or go replay the older games. GF can't give every single player what they want.

Anyways!
ON TOPIC: I'm really excited for this game. Everything about it is drawing me in - I really want to use Chespin and I'm intrigued by the idea of Chandelure and Torkoal getting Megas. :)

Bobo Taky said:
Neal White said:
71 new pokemon...really? Biggest letdown ever.

They have to make 600+ pkm into 3d (some have many different form), all have their own animation, all new animation for All old+new skills n they have make mega evo... Tht didn't count all NEW character customization n other new gameplay... I know 70 new pkm sound little low but I think they really outdone themselves with the game... As a real pkm fan I cannt wait for it :3

I understand that and trust me I love all that. My opinion is that mega evolutions just well they got focus and lowered the number of new pokemon we get. When I open my game and put my game in my 3ds I want to collect. Mega evos and balancing out the meta game took precedent over new pokemon and that gets to me and is a let down. My opinion and I know ill get a lot said to me because not many people would agree but it's how I feel.

GhostedRebel said:
Honestly, everybody needs to stop complaining. You got a new game. IN 3D. Go b*tch some more about how you didn't get a million new pokemon in 3D even though it takes an incredibly long time to code them in. Not only that, the new features introduced in X and Y are more than satisfactory, not to mention the fact that the region isn't even close to leaked fully yet and that there is a huge return of classic Pokemon. It was about time for a game like this. Just be content with a new game...in 3D.

/rant over

Bobo Taky said:
Neal White said:
71 new pokemon...really? Biggest letdown ever.

They have to make 600+ pkm into 3d (some have many different form), all have their own animation, all new animation for All old+new skills n they have make mega evo... Tht didn't count all NEW character customization n other new gameplay... I know 70 new pkm sound little low but I think they really outdone themselves with the game... As a real pkm fan I cannt wait for it :3

We didn't have much of a gap between the last game and this one so I'm assuming they were already planning this game before finishing black and white and if they needed more time to come up with 30 new random pokemons they would have.

I think although they count mega evolutions as a new form, they think we should consider them as new pokemons.

Neal White said:
Bobo Taky said:

I understand that and trust me I love all that. My opinion is that mega evolutions just well they got focus and lowered the number of new pokemon we get. When I open my game and put my game in my 3ds I want to collect. Mega evos and balancing out the meta game took precedent over new pokemon and that gets to me and is a let down. My opinion and I know ill get a lot said to me because not many people would agree but it's how I feel.

Just collect the old ones all over again. It's a new game with new animations; it'll be re experiencing it all over again. :)

I am content with the number of new Pokémon and especially all the M-Evos. My guess is that the Shiny Pokémon being distibuted right now will unlock something in X and Y. My only disappointment will only come if there is no 'chibi' legend, like Mew or Jirachi.

GhostedRebel said:
....You could just turn your 3D function off. Also, do you remember Pokemon RED? Where we had a total of 5 legendaries..? Mew (hidden), Mewtwo, Articuno, Moltres, and Zapdos? I'd say it's high time to bring back a little nostalgia. If you're really disappointed with this game, don't buy it. Wait for the next one, or go replay the older games. GF can't give every single player what they want.

Anyways!
ON TOPIC: I'm really excited for this game. Everything about it is drawing me in - I really want to use Chespin and I'm intrigued by the idea of Chandelure and Torkoal getting Megas. :)

Thank you for easily stating what I have already said. I mentioned in my post that I don't use the 3D function, and I also mentioned the rinse-and-repeat useage of legendaries. Have you not played Platinum? HG/SS? I do believe those, if I'm not mistaken had the 3 Birds. Oh and lets not forget the remake of Red and Blue into FR/LG. So out of 6 Generations of Pokemon, the 3 Birds have been used 4x's now. That's really disappointing to say the least.

And you don't need to tell me what I can and cannot do either. As you missed in my post, I am excited for quite a few things still in the game, but the lack of reading obviously shows the only thing you cared about was correcting me and nothing else.

/End Rant

On the topic: It's nice to know there is tons of exploring to do in the game. Post Game seems to be getting smaller and smaller, but that's probably just me.

Mega_gardevoir.jpg

Not sure on the credibility or if it's been posted already, but yeah I guess she put on a bigger dress :p

GhostedRebel said:
Neal White said:

Just collect the old ones all over again. It's a new game with new animations; it'll be re experiencing it all over again. :)

I plan to. Just expressing my disappointment in so few new pokemon. I am excited for the new stuff and the 3d. Just not to happy with the low number. And if that's the only complaint I find about these games I will still call this a good gen.

Another day another dolphinless generation, sigh

but, Wait, how does everyone know that there will be no event legendaries? Aren't they to be distributd by events which haven't come out yet.

Personally, I don't get the upset about the smaller amount of Pokemon introduced this Gen, at all. In BW2 nearly everyones teams consisted of only the Pokemon from previous generations even when there was over a hundred Pokemon from Gen V that were able to be caught and it was pretty obvious everyone was going to that yet again this generation.

Will GF possibly release more new Pokemon through DLC? 70 just seems...unfinished to me. Is it just me or does it seem like X and Y, games that should be all about the new pokemon, are being overshadowed almost entirely by Mega Evolutions?

So... I asked this question before, but it wasn't really answered. Can you catch all the old pokemon from other generations? I'm just thinking this because of the newbies only JUST beginning the series.
Do you think they'll bring back more legendaries as well and no one has found them yet?
And do you think Masuda and GF will release any DLC?

Edit: Last question... Sort of Greninja'd.

Edit 2: And did anyone else see anything about the other player character that you didn't choose becoming your BF/GF and confessing their feelings to you?
This seems... Strange for GF to do...

Ha, I hear the total number is, with the Z legendary, 69! The internet is going to go crazy when they realize this. There is even a rumored scene when the player reveals feelings for their rival. This game is going to send all the shippers everywhere.

Also, I have decided that I don't care about the few number of Pokemon, most of them seem well made, I absolutely love a few, it is in full 3d, I can't really complain that much.

With the number of new Pokémon this generation being much smaller than any prior, does anyone think there's a chance (however small), that this is just half of this generation's true number and that we'll get more in the sequel games? Gamefreak really shook things up last go around with Gen V (B2W2), and now clearly with Gen VI...because of that, there's no telling what they'll do in the future. And really, if you think about it, 70*2=140, which would be just slightly over the number Hoenn introduced. Again, even though this is an even-numbered generation...Gamefreak can no longer really be held to any sort of expected pattern. DLC could also be an option...or this generation being the shortest yet.

That being said, I'm stoked about the games overall. While it might not quite be the direction I would've taken the number of new Pokémon, it doesn't change the fact that I think they're pretty solid designs. Plus 3D, Fairy-type, and the other new features...awesome!

Lovey said:
So... I asked this question before, but it wasn't really answered. Can you catch all the old pokemon from other generations? I'm just thinking this because of the newbies only JUST beginning the series.
Do you think they'll bring back more legendaries as well and no one has found them yet?

Edit 2: And did anyone else see anything about the other player character that you didn't choose becoming your BF/GF and confessing their feelings to you?

I'm fairly sure you can't catch all the old pokemon, it would kind of deem the Poke Bank useless. But only kind of.
I don't think there will be any actual DLC, besides the wi-fi pokemon and such. It doesn't feel particularly pokemon-ish.
And yes, Josh said that the player of the opposite gender does go on 'dates' with you. Apparently Serena watched fireworks with him.

Lovey said:

I like the idea of the BF/GF thing, oddly enough. GF makes the games or kids but who's to say there can't be the subject of love in a Pokemon game? It is the France region afterall XD

papakankri said:
Lovey said:

I'm fairly sure you can't catch all the old pokemon, it would kind of deem the Poke Bank useless. But only kind of.
I don't think there will be any actual DLC, besides the wi-fi pokemon and such. It doesn't feel particularly pokemon-ish.
And yes, Josh said that the player of the opposite gender does go on 'dates' with you. Apparently Serena watched fireworks with him.

Hopefully you can reject the other player. Not only is Callum pretty boring in appearance, but some people may not be...oriented in that way. I might be okay with it if the rival has a good personality, but otherwise...

Untitled100-PaintNETv3511_2013-10-05_20-31-00png100-PaintNETv_2013-10-05_20-31-59_zps36833d50.png

As you can see here, the main legendaries of the game have several entries after them. I not sure where, but someone said that the Kalos dex does not show you how many numbers are after a pokemon in the dex until you've seen/caught it.

In other words, let's say that you've just beat the game and the pokemon you caught was Yveltal. You're not going to see if there are further numbers after until you see/catch them. Don't stress so much! Not everything has been leaked yet.

papakankri said:
Lovey said:

You can use PokéBank to store more Pokémon than you can in XY, also, you can transfer all your Pokémon in X to Y, so you don't have to capture everything all over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back