XY Pokémon VG General Discussion - Locked: Please Create A New Topic For Anything You'd Like To Discuss

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Leaks / Rumors / Speculation Thread - Don't post topics that have their own thread!

GhostedRebel said:
Untitled100-PaintNETv3511_2013-10-05_20-31-00png100-PaintNETv_2013-10-05_20-31-59_zps36833d50.png

As you can see here, the main legendaries of the game have several entries after them. I not sure where, but someone said that the Kalos dex does not show you how many numbers are after a pokemon in the dex until you've seen/caught it.

In other words, let's say that you've just beat the game and the pokemon you caught was Yveltal. You're not going to see if there are further numbers after until you see/catch them. Don't stress so much! Not everything has been leaked yet.

Bobo Taky said:
it No.718 so maybe there is more legendary hidden in the game?

RE: Leaks / Rumors / Speculation Thread - Don't post topics that have their own thread!

NaturallyDark said:
In another forum, somebody noted that since there are 150 Pokés in each section of the Pokédex and that there are many gen 1 references, perhaps there will be a 'secret' legendary for each section of the Pokédex! It would be a nice reference to Mew.

Zapydos2 said:
Awesomesauce. Zygarde exceeded my expectations by far.

http://i.imgur.com/0iyCAb7h.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/GSKunvoh.jpg

Its Pokédex entry has a spelling error - it says 'it's hypothesized' when it should be an 'its.' It's fake.

It is hypothisized. IT IS = it's.

Edit: Shedinja'd

Leaferian said:
NaturallyDark said:
In another forum, somebody noted that since there are 150 Pokés in each section of the Pokédex and that there are many gen 1 references, perhaps there will be a 'secret' legendary for each section of the Pokédex! It would be a nice reference to Mew.

Its Pokédex entry has a spelling error - it says 'it's hypothesized' when it should be an 'its.' It's fake.

Incorrect. "It's" is the contraction form of "it is" as well as being possessive. In this instance, "It's hypothesized" is "It is hypothesized".

Whoops! I meant the other 'it's' - "that it's monitoring" is the part I meant!

NaturallyDark said:

Zapydos2 said:
Awesomesauce. Zygarde exceeded my expectations by far.

http://i.imgur.com/0iyCAb7h.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/GSKunvoh.jpg

Your grammar is off. It's is a contraction of it is, which fits in with the pokedex entry; It is hypothesized that it is monitoring those who destroy the ecosystem from deep in the cave where it lives.

Besides, it's a Kanpachi picture, I'm fairly sure it's real.
I'm liking it. It fits with the Yggdrasil theme, being the snake. And it looks cool. Disappointed about dragon/ground, though.

Edit: Greninja'd a lot, but the point still stands that both 'it's' are correct.

NaturallyDark said:
Leaferian said:
Incorrect. "It's" is the contraction form of "it is" as well as being possessive. In this instance, "It's hypothesized" is "It is hypothesized".

"That it is monitoring" ? That is a correct entry. Not fake.

In battle image.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 207

One thing about Mega Gardevoir, I missed saying this originally pages ago; I hope someone makes fanart with Mega Gardevoir sitting down with butlers and such with a plate in front of her, a knife and fork in hand, and on the fork she has the head of a dratini on it and the rest of dratini sliced into pieces onto the plate.

NaturallyDark said:
Leaferian said:

it means 'It is monitoring' also correct gramma as far as I know o.o

Qwingulltrainer said:
Sslie Zoommo said:
New rumor: we get shauna's starter

At what level do you get it?

I believe Kanpachi stated that you get it after you beat the Elite 4. Shauna asks for any pokemon to trade, and she trades you her unevolved starter. It also has a nickname.

Grammar is tough, huh? I was wrong originally, but possession with 'it' is ALWAYS 'its,' not 'it's.' I doubt Gamefreak would make such an awful grammar mistake.

FT10 said:
CMP said:
With the number of new Pokémon this generation being much smaller than any prior, does anyone think there's a chance (however small), that this is just half of this generation's true number and that we'll get more in the sequel games? Gamefreak really shook things up last go around with Gen V (B2W2), and now clearly with Gen VI...because of that, there's no telling what they'll do in the future. And really, if you think about it, 70*2=140, which would be just slightly over the number Hoenn introduced. Again, even though this is an even-numbered generation...Gamefreak can no longer really be held to any sort of expected pattern. DLC could also be an option...or this generation being the shortest yet.

That being said, I'm stoked about the games overall. While it might not quite be the direction I would've taken the number of new Pokémon, it doesn't change the fact that I think they're pretty solid designs. Plus 3D, Fairy-type, and the other new features...awesome!

I don't think any of us can categorically state that GF will never do DLC. You can express whether you feel DLC would be desirable or not, but you can't say it will NEVER happen or would NOT hypothetically be a good idea if executed properly and tastefully. At the end of the day, it's all about the dollar. If XY doesn't perform financially specifically because fans were put off by the lower quantity of pokemon, GF will remedy that. I'm positive.

I don't think I stated anywhere in my post that I think Gamefreak would never do DLC. In fact, I said the opposite...that "DLC could be an option."

Along with the obvious Norse mythology references, I like the Medusa reference in the new z snake legendary thing.

It looks pretty cool. Would have preferred Poison/Ground since there are so many Dragon legendary Pokemon, but alright

NaturallyDark said:
Grammar is tough, huh? I was wrong originally, but possession with 'it' is ALWAYS 'its,' not 'it's.' I doubt Gamefreak would make such an awful grammar mistake.

"It is hypothesized that it is monitoring"

No possesion there, no grammar mistake. Is hypothesized and is monitoring are both verb phrases.

@NaturallyDark: Same thing. Both "it's" in that entry are "it is" contractions.

@Z 'Mon: I am definitely pleased, and now I find the Norse stuff a lot easier to believe. Here's a picture of Jormungandr, the final boss of one of my favorite GBA games and coincidentally based on the Norse monster of the same name.
0.jpg
Four eyes on each side, and seemingly a sideways-opening mouth. Oh yes, I am quite excited.

NaturallyDark said:

But there was no possessive its in its pokedex entry. Both of the it's in there were correct.
Unless you're acknowledging that. I dunno anymore. I haven't had a lot of sleep lately.

On the topic of DLC, if GF does make some (disregarding the wi-fi distributions that are always free), I really hope it's free. Money is tough to get these days.

edit: beaten to the punch a few times. oh well.

CMP said:
FT10 said:
I don't think any of us can categorically state that GF will never do DLC. You can express whether you feel DLC would be desirable or not, but you can't say it will NEVER happen or would NOT hypothetically be a good idea if executed properly and tastefully. At the end of the day, it's all about the dollar. If XY doesn't perform financially specifically because fans were put off by the lower quantity of pokemon, GF will remedy that. I'm positive.

I don't think I stated anywhere in my post that I think Gamefreak would never do DLC. In fact, I said the opposite...that "DLC could be an option."

Oh no, I wasn't trying to contradict you; just chiming in

Now I feel like a total idiot... ^_^; The contraction 'it's' always screws me up.

I really like its design, but I hope it is not the final legendary. We still need our trio and chibi!

DrEspeon said:
Along with the obvious Norse mythology references, I like the Medusa reference in the new z snake legendary thing.

Since this follows Norse mythology so well... It is quite possible that the squirrel messenger exists, same with Odin's wolf. So cool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back