XY Pokémon VG General Discussion - Locked: Please Create A New Topic For Anything You'd Like To Discuss

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Leaks / Rumors / Speculation Thread - Don't post topics that have their own thread!

I absolutely LOVE Zygarde design.. I NEED TO DRAW IT!!!
I wonder what those plate-like things are on its back though....?

RE: Leaks / Rumors / Speculation Thread - Don't post topics that have their own thread!

Ugh. Zygarde is real. Why in the world do we need another Dragon/Ground?
Plus, the thing is defensive, which makes it pretty useless. Special Ice attacks are gonna demolish its use.
On the bright side, it looks pretty cool. Would've liked Dragon/Poison, though.
I am disappoint.

Edit: What's all this about Aura attacks? I've seen them mentioned in multiple abilities, and I have no idea what that means. If they mean something in particular, Zygarde's ability could be his saving grace.
LET'S HOPE HIS ABILITY IS GOOD!!!

Poison Master said:
The "dating" thing, frankly pisses me off. Unless I can play as a guy and date a guy, I don't want it. One of the things I've always loved about Pokemon is that it's a video game I can play without having a constant stream of heteronormativity shoved down my throat. Since you know, romance doesn't have anything to do with Pokemon, but so much for that.

Remember this is a game designed for kids, not for the mature audience. Showing that kind of thing gives Kids that image. Children are use to seeing 'Mommy" and "Daddy" images, or the aspect of dating being between a guy/girl respectively. It's not an issue of getting you mad because it doesn't suit your standards, more over the game isn't designed for that kind of audience. Though I do agree that the dating thing is going beyond what Pokemon is originally intended to be about.

MetalPharoah said:
Poison Master said:
The "dating" thing, frankly pisses me off. Unless I can play as a guy and date a guy, I don't want it. One of the things I've always loved about Pokemon is that it's a video game I can play without having a constant stream of heteronormativity shoved down my throat. Since you know, romance doesn't have anything to do with Pokemon, but so much for that.

I feel the same way.

Idk i feel like it would be just fine having a small level of higher maturity in a Pokemon game, I honestly wouldn't mind this happening.

Any confirmation on what "Aura Abilities" are?
Zygarde's ability intrigues me, and it could be useful if Aura Abilities are common.

Guys, when you talk about the dex being filled and stuff, remember that there might be more pokemon that are currently inaccessible in the regional dex or are after Zygarde (like the event exclusives, and possibly new mini whatevers like Mew and Manaphy and Celebi and such, and maybe even some new little legendaries)
They already broke the dex rules with a Mythical first in BW (Victini), then starters, so why wouldn't they have the nerve to add more legendaries or regular pokemon post-national or something? I mean, for all we know, they might have the new pokemon in an order similar to Pt's dex.

Chrono said:
Zygarde's ability intrigues me, and it could be useful if Aura Abilities are common.

Fairy Aura and Dark Aura for Xerneas and Yveltal

Chrono said:

So far only Xerneas (Fairy Aura) and Yveltal (Dark Aura) has them. It's activated at the start of the battle, I'm assuming. And will power up Fairy and Dark moves respectively

Anyone have the image that has all the new Pokemon revealed (at the time it was uploaded) that they could post here?

Hate to keep asking this question, but this thread is going through pages at a fast pace. And my friend is wanting to see it.

Anyone see this rumor yet? "Zapdos is roaming the kalos region, it rains where ever he is and the rest of legendaries birds are also have been mention. The leaker also found the creation trio items."

Creation Trio = Giratina, Palkia, Dialga = More legendaries roaming Kalos?

EpicIce2012 said:
Chrono said:

So far only Xerneas (Fairy Aura) and Yveltal (Dark Aura) has them. It's activated at the start of the battle, I'm assuming. And will power up Fairy and Dark moves respectively
...oh
Well, that's pretty useless. I guess this guy is just gonna be another one of those forgotten Legendaries, unless he gets some sort of new form in Z. At least his design is interesting!

Poison Master said:

X/Y is based on French n Paris is also known as city of love/romance so it somehow related...I also i think Love is another kind of "beauty"

They better release more Pokemon for the next game or sequel. Mega Evolutions do not count as new Pokemon in my count! We didnt get skimped on Pokemon because there were like 40 different forms of in Diamond and Pearl. It really seems like a cop out and ruins my view on Mega evolutions unfortunately. I'd rather just have permanent evolutions.

Plus they revealed so many Pokemon and only leave us with like 30 to discover? Come on....

Chrono said:

My best guess: Fairy Aura (Xerneas), Dark Aura (Yveltal)

EDIT: Greninja'd

Chrono said:
Ugh. Zygarde is real. Why in the world do we need another Dragon/Ground?
Plus, the thing is defensive, which makes it pretty useless. Special Ice attacks are gonna demolish its use.
On the bright side, it looks pretty cool. Would've liked Dragon/Poison, though.
I am disappoint.

Based on the stats of the one shown, it doesn't really look defensive to me. It's stats are pretty well-rounded. In fact, they look the most well-rounded to me of any other Legendary Pokemon with the exception of the chibi entries like Mew or Jirachi.

Mewtwo is obtainable in-game, presumably after beating the Elite Four. Found in a cave.

Zapdos confirmed to be roaming after endgame, it can be assumed that Articuno and Moltres are roaming as well.

Lovey said:
Anyone see this rumor yet? "Zapdos is roaming the kalos region, it rains where ever he is and the rest of legendaries birds are also have been mention. The leaker also found the creation trio items."

Creation Trio = Giratina, Palkia, Dialga = More legendaries roaming Kalos?

Or maybe it's because of the 3 shiny Creation Trio pokemon distributed?

By the way...
tumblr_mu7ss5wgxl1r3z3c1o1_1280.png
But, seriously, If there's items to mascot trios, it's likely to be related ot recent events on gen 5 games or future events (depending on the event and location it was held).

i am actully happy with the number, counting megas which are unique pokemon which is almost like evolutions, it's alot of pokemon they had to design

Would just like to point out that Aura Break will "Reverse" the effect. Guess that means the damage is cut in half, not just set to normal. Therefore if I am correct, Zygarde only takes normal damage from fairy.

evilpacman said:
They better release more Pokemon for the next game or sequel. Mega Evolutions do not count as new Pokemon in my count! We didnt get skimped on Pokemon because there were like 40 different forms of in Diamond and Pearl. It really seems like a cop out and ruins my view on Mega evolutions unfortunately. I'd rather just have permanent evolutions.

Plus they revealed so many Pokemon and only leave us with like 30 to discover? Come on....

Gamefreak has done some drastic changes recently but DLC Pokemon or adding more in the 3rd game (or x2y2) is not possible.

Every games in the same gen (ex d,p,pt,hg ,ss) have exactly the same amount of pokemon. They introduce Forme changes but restrict them while using against prev games in the same gen.

So if new pokemon is added in 3rd (x2y2), either they have to restrict them while battling in wifi (or all online modes) against x&y or give those pokemon as DLC to x&y.
But not everyone will buy DLC and online modes and trades get messed up due to many who have no new pokemon installed in their copy.

BCWD93 said:
Would just like to point out that Aura Break will "Reverse" the effect. Guess that means the damage is cut in half, not just set to normal. Therefore if I am correct, Zygarde only takes normal damage from fairy.

But just from Xerneas :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back