XY Pokémon VG General Discussion - Locked: Please Create A New Topic For Anything You'd Like To Discuss

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Leaks / Rumors / Speculation Thread - Don't post topics that have their own thread!

Aerodactyl said:
papakankri said:
Dragalge and Skrelp are both based off the leafy seadragon, yes. Dragalge's type has not been confirmed yet. I'm fairly sure none of the leakers have actually acquired Dragalge so far, only seen it.

Wasn't Dragalge's stat page leaked? I thought it's ability made it change type depending on the area of battle... so it's like a poison/water Pokemon, but it changes if battling in the grass or on the shore or something. That means it could remain poison and change it's secondary type, or maybe change it's primary type and change it's secondary type. I'll see if I can find that image...

No, it was just Sliggo, and he knew camouflage.

RE: Leaks / Rumors / Speculation Thread - Don't post topics that have their own thread!

Aerodactyl said:
papakankri said:
Dragalge and Skrelp are both based off the leafy seadragon, yes. Dragalge's type has not been confirmed yet. I'm fairly sure none of the leakers have actually acquired Dragalge so far, only seen it.

Wasn't Dragalge's stat page leaked? I thought it's ability made it change type depending on the area of battle... so it's like a poison/water Pokemon, but it changes if battling in the grass or on the shore or something. That means it could remain poison and change it's secondary type, or maybe change it's primary type and change it's secondary type. I'll see if I can find that image...

I know skrelp's was, but I don't know for dragagle.

Correct me if I'm wrong but we're at 67 new Pokemon?

TPZ said:

67 "confirmed" pokemon. There was also a weird bat named Nitx and another creature...

TPZ said:

Yeah, 67 new pokemon and 17 mega evos.

So it seems, Goodra is Mono Dragon. . .
rQkcyCU.jpg

Here are all the gym leaders! http://imgur.com/a/zGGUL#5

papakankri said:
Cresceda said:
... What's eviolite?

Eviolite was an item introduced in Gen 5 that raises the holder's defense and special defense by 50%, if the holder is not fully evolved. So I don't know why Goodra is holding it.

Because it just evolved from a Sliggoo that was not full evolved?

Yes, we are currently up to 67 new pokemon.

And I would like to remind everyone that even though we may *think* we have all the new pokemon by the time launch rolls around, they may have made the same mistake as Gen IV and not put some new pokemon in the regional dex(es). Though in this case, I could completely understand hiding evolutions or new pokemon in the post-game, so not EVERYTHING would be revealed if a major leak occurred (which it obviously did).

Once the game is cracked for data compiling, we should learn about any 'secret' legendaries, a complete pokemon list, potentially hidden evolutions (usually pokemon that have new evolutions, but are not available until post-game without trading), and a list of all the items programmed in the game.

Leaks!!
...Quite a downer by Goodra.. But those Leaders look slick.

I'm very VERY eager to see Nitx...sounds like the only other bug type this gen, so far.

I really hope that Eviolite makes Sliggoo fairly useful...it's one of my favorite designs *ever* in the series, but there's almost nothing that appeals to me about Goodra. I understand why it's adorable and cool to other people, but I'm not into anime-eyed dinodragons. Sliggoo is the odd, goofy snail pokemon I always wished for.

....That final leader's name has me thinking that the rumors of an ice wolf line might not be too farfetch'd after all....

illmtu said:
papakankri said:
Eviolite was an item introduced in Gen 5 that raises the holder's defense and special defense by 50%, if the holder is not fully evolved. So I don't know why Goodra is holding it.

Because it just evolved from a Sliggoo that was not full evolved?

Edit: I guess it did evolve at 70 my bad.

MuhFugginMoose said:
rQkcyCU.jpg

Aw man. Well whatever, it is still so adorable

I hope we'll get more bugs as well, maybe even some legitimate creepy crawlies.

On the topic of post-game dexes...do you think that, they might be saving some evolutions of new Pokemon for this occasion? Some Pokemon lines, like Hawlucha, hardly look complete. Sadly seeing as Spritzee and Swirlix already needed items to evolve I don't think we'll get more out of their underwhelming lines, but it would be interesting to see others develop further.

Kitana Coldfire said:
....That final leader's name has me thinking that the rumors of an ice wolf line might not be too farfetch'd after all....

That entire rumor was debunked though because Helioptile evolves into Heliolisk by use of Sun Stone, not happiness, which debunks the ice wolf line too. You might want to edit that in your rumors thread.

Bloodronin said:
Aerodactyl said:

I know skrelp's was, but I don't know for dragagle.

I think the person (josh) who had that skrelp was on the description for camouflage. So that isn't the ability. And if it is, camouflage is an utterly pointless move to be in its movepool

Edit: josh also claims it used an ability that changed to a ground type so really don't know why it has camouflage if that's the case

MuhFugginMoose said:
rQkcyCU.jpg

NO! D: What a good potential Dragon/ Water or Dragon/ Poison... Wasted! T.T

And did Sliggoo evolve at Lv. 70? o_O

I Like Pie said:
MuhFugginMoose said:
rQkcyCU.jpg

NO! D: What a good potential Dragon/ Water or Dragon/ Poison... Wasted! T.T

And did Sliggoo evolve at Lv. 70? o_O
Yep.

Crazy, right? >_>

Dat Special Defense, though. o_o I'mma go calculate its base stats!

papakankri said:
Kitana Coldfire said:

That entire rumor was debunked though because Helioptile evolves into Heliolisk by use of Sun Stone, not happiness, which debunks the ice wolf line too. You might want to edit that in your rumors thread.

I've seen multiple rumors containing an ice wolf, not just that one. Most of them have been debunked, but it's been a common enough whisper that I'm willing to admit there may be something to it. Time will tell.

And that particular rumor has a fair deal more information in it that has yet to be debunked. I have to take into account that red herrings were thrown in by leakers to protect themselves. My general rule of thumb is that when I find a rumor has 3 or more pieces of blatantly wrong information, it's moved to the fake section.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back