XY Pokémon VG General Discussion - Locked: Please Create A New Topic For Anything You'd Like To Discuss

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Leaks / Rumors / Speculation Thread - Don't post topics that have their own thread!

Maybe you have to get online to unlock postgame, and so the leakers haven't gotten any because they don't want to be bricked?

Also a 'straight run' taking 30 hours makes me squee. I've beaten most of the previous gens in ~10 hours or less, so a longer game is wonderful.

RE: Leaks / Rumors / Speculation Thread - Don't post topics that have their own thread!

Razmos said:
It increases the power of Electric type moves, and pokemon with the Lightningrod and Volt Absorb abilities heal every turn.

Wow, that sounds amazing!
If it also increases Thunder's accuracy like rain, then I expect Electric-types to be used much more now.

*Imagines if Ash's Pikachu will get this move*

Blob55 said:
KrisJoeEll said:
Rumors say there is no post game content in x&y, but Gamespot review states "Pokemon's postgame content is actually some of the best it has to offer, with new areas opening up and even more challenges appearing, significantly extending the life of the game past the 30 hours a straight run of the main campaign takes."

This make me wonder if another slightly popular rumor that states "Unova can be revisited" is true. Also if that's true, does the apparent lack of new pokemon is due to some being catchable only in Unova?

Any thoughts?

Interesting, but since when was France connected to America?

True. Geographically its not Kanto & Johto. But if its true, it can be easily done via air travel. Which was introduced in BW (in a small way).

Just popped down to game to preorder and got given these posters (Sorry if this is the wrong place for these!) :

http://postimg.org/image/yairm0r7v/
- not sure if I'm wrong here or not but these weren't the characters names I'd been seeing in rumours...

http://postimg.org/image/dsxtadf4b/

- I don't know if that had already been posted but you have a family rhyhorn?

There's also a section about 'Photo Spots' which I hadn't heard about as a new feature.

I mentioned this before on another forum, but I think the train tracks that go underground on the right side of Kalos lead to the post game area, which is the Pokemon World equivalent of the UK. France is connected to England through the underground channel tunnel which goes under the sea. It could be the location of the Battle Frontier.

The Battle Tower could be Big Ben, it would be awesome.

kstepek said:
Just popped down to game to preorder and got given these posters (Sorry if this is the wrong place for these!) :

http://postimg.org/image/yairm0r7v/
- not sure if I'm wrong here or not but these weren't the characters names I'd been seeing in rumours...

http://postimg.org/image/dsxtadf4b/

- I don't know if that had already been posted but you have a family rhyhorn?

There's also a section about 'Photo Spots' which I hadn't heard about as a new feature.
Those are the characters mentioned, we already knew about the family Rhyhorn (your father is a professional Pokemon racer), and photo spots were officially revealed ages ago :p

Razmos said:
I mentioned this before on another forum, but I think the train tracks that go underground on the right side of Kalos lead to the post game area, which is the Pokemon World equivalent of the UK. France is connected to England through the underground channel tunnel which goes under the sea. It could be the location of the Battle Frontier.

But isn't Battle Frontier (or similar) reserved for the 3rd game? (or sequels like BW2).
Also Big Ben Battle Tower is a great idea. :D

KrisJoeEll said:
Razmos said:

But isn't Battle Frontier (or similar) reserved for the 3rd game? (or sequels like BW2).
Also Big Ben Battle Tower is a great idea. :D

Not precisely, they can just make the 3rd or X2Y2 have newer item to add while retaining the Battle Frontier. If they is a 3rd of X2Y2

Razmos said:
Matty said:
So what does this electric weather do?
Bloodronin said:
What does this new weather do exactly?
It increases the power of Electric type moves, and pokemon with the Lightningrod and Volt Absorb abilities heal every turn.

Flippin' awesome! My favorite type have some goodyness despite only have three new electric types..

Edit: I wonder what the move would be called..."Thunderstorm" sounds awesome!

Chronus MSEA said:
Not precisely, they can just make the 3rd or X2Y2 have newer item to add while retaining the Battle Frontier. If they is a 3rd of X2Y2

But doesn't that break the general Pokemon game pattern?
Still this x&y is full of surprises. Who knows.

KrisJoeEll said:
Chronus MSEA said:

I really hope this theory is true. There could be a tower (Big Ben), theater (one of the many theaters), wheel (the Eye), a castle (tower of London), maybe Buckingham Palace, though it might be too similar to the castle, maybe a shopping center (Piccadilly Circus), a church (Westminster Abbey), maybe even a University (Oxford or Cambridge) and so much more! That could be seven or eight facilities which is about the right amount.

Even if we don't get a full Battle Frontier, it's already been mentioned that there are facilities with Battle-Frontier-like rules. for example it was mentioned about a cafe where you have to defeat the opponent in under a certain amount of turns.

Apexys said:
Cresceda said:
I don't want to see spoilers but I can't handle a week without news from x/y >.<

I take it the leaker is on break?

http://instagram.com/p/fFseO0qYQh/ he's going to talk to guys from the official Pokemon site o.o

Cresceda said:
Apexys said:

http://instagram.com/p/fFseO0qYQh/ he's going to talk to guys from the official Pokemon site o.o
He said famous, not official. he means a fansite.

http://images.eurogamer.net/2013/articles//a/1/5/7/9/5/6/7/eurogamer-vr45f4.jpg/EG11/resize/600x-1/quality/91

i'm not very good at posting links but I hope this one works.

Did anyone else notice that to the far right of the map there is a building that leads to nothing? Anyone else thinking maybe the electric train (goldenrod to saffron) could make a return and maybe take us to the opposite side of those mountains?

I mean all the talk of post game play sounds awesome, I just hope that it's time once again to visit other regions.

they've only done it once and I'd like to see it again.

Razmos said:
Cresceda said:
He said famous, not official. he means a fansite.

Awwwh, seems like I was being to excited :(

Also, does anyone else see stonehedge on the map? it looks JUST like it to the far left.

merrrrrhorse said:
Also, does anyone else see stonehedge on the map? it looks JUST like it to the far left.
These things have been discussed to death ever since the map was first shown like 5 months ago.

Also it's not Stonehenge. Stonehenge is in the south of England. there is a similar one in France called the Carnac Stones.

Cresceda said:
Apexys said:

And NOT get in trouble for posting pictures?

KrisJoeEll said:
Chronus MSEA said:

They already making new pattern

3 Regional PokeDex
2 Starters
Alot of Old Pokemon in Regional Dex
Each road having wide variety of pokemon compare to other games

I'm in love with Skrelp's evolution. It's everything I could have hoped for. Just let him be fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back