XY Pokémon VG General Discussion - Locked: Please Create A New Topic For Anything You'd Like To Discuss

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Leaks / Rumors / Speculation Thread - Don't post topics that have their own thread!

Blob55 said:
KrisJoeEll said:
But isn't Battle Frontier (or similar) reserved for the 3rd game? (or sequels like BW2).
Also Big Ben Battle Tower is a great idea. :D

But Big Ben is in ENGLAND.

The exact reason of your statement is in the quote of your post though, check again, Razmos make a suggestion about underground train from Kalos to a post-game region (english based), hence why. :/

RE: Leaks / Rumors / Speculation Thread - Don't post topics that have their own thread!

Chrono said:
No leaks yet today.
I wonder when they're all gonna come out.

Well, do you think there will be any information coming out of the Nintendo World event today?

Earlier we saw confirmation that there would be no Mega Evolutions for 6th Gen Pokemon THIS game, and if I remember the article correctly, there was much emphasis on that it was only this game. My theory is that if we don't see a Z legendary, the next games (X2, Y2, whatever) could have Mega Xerneas and Mega Yveltal as their mascots, as well as containing new Mega Evolutions to 6th gen pokemon (which could be brought into X&Y through downloadable patches and stuff).

Leaferian said:
KrisJoeEll said:
My original point of that discussion was about the inclusion of a Battle Frontier (or similar) facility in x&y. Gamefreak will put that in the 3rd game (or x2y2).
If they put it in x&y the 3rd game will feel like a DLC.
Except it wouldn't, because sequels like B2 and W2 are fundamentally different from a 3rd version like Crystal or Emerald. The 3rd version of a generation is simply the original two with a different combination of Pokemon, sometimes updated features, and a more filled-out version of the generation's story. Actual sequels are, instead, full-on continuations that pick up after the last game and have their own new stories.

I really don't think people here seem to understand what DLC is. There was a guy the other day claiming anything less than 100 Pokemon would make X/Y feel like DLC tacked on to another Pokemon game. If anything, a Battle Frontier-like function is the MOST DLC-like facet of the old 3rd version games. The inclusion of a story-light postgame challenge arena shouldn't be what makes a 3rd version feel like a new game.

As an aside to others: I've noticed over that years that people tend to abbreviate the names of Pokemon games to one or two letters generally anyway. Does anyone else wonder if the constant referring of "R/B/Y", "G/S/C", etc. might have something to do with their decision to settle on single-letter versions this time around even if there's a larger, more relevant reason?

I agree with you. But take a look at this and tell me a Battle frontier in x&y isn't overkill.
1380986933950.jpg

Leaferian said:
KrisJoeEll said:
My original point of that discussion was about the inclusion of a Battle Frontier (or similar) facility in x&y. Gamefreak will put that in the 3rd game (or x2y2).
If they put it in x&y the 3rd game will feel like a DLC.
Except it wouldn't, because sequels like B2 and W2 are fundamentally different from a 3rd version like Crystal or Emerald. The 3rd version of a generation is simply the original two with a different combination of Pokemon, sometimes updated features, and a more filled-out version of the generation's story. Actual sequels are, instead, full-on continuations that pick up after the last game and have their own new stories.

I really don't think people here seem to understand what DLC is. There was a guy the other day claiming anything less than 100 Pokemon would make X/Y feel like DLC tacked on to another Pokemon game. If anything, a Battle Frontier-like function is the MOST DLC-like facet of the old 3rd version games. The inclusion of a story-light postgame challenge arena shouldn't be what makes a 3rd version feel like a new game.

As an aside to others: I've noticed over that years that people tend to abbreviate the names of Pokemon games to one or two letters generally anyway. Does anyone else wonder if the constant referring of "R/B/Y", "G/S/C", etc. might have something to do with their decision to settle on single-letter versions this time around even if there's a larger, more relevant reason?

What does DLC mean? Sorry for being so behind. Also, what does ninja'd mean?

KrisJoeEll said:
Leaferian said:

I agree with you. But take a look at this and tell me a Battle frontier in x&y isn't overkill.
1380986933950.jpg

Well XY deserves a lot of stuff, since BW didn't add that many new things.

What are Pokémiles? I still don't understand them.

Question, if there was Black 2 and White 2, is there gonna be an X squared and Y squared?

What if they're saving Zmon for a possible Pokémon Z or X2Y2? specifically, you need to summon Zmon to repair the damage caused by Xerneas and/or Yveltal in X and Y?

Blob55 said:
KrisJoeEll said:
1380986933950.jpg

I don't know exactly.
Maybe its a measure of how many miles our avatar has traveled.

Lone Wolf JLT said:

DLC = Downloadable Content

KrisJoeEll said:
Blob55 said:

I don't know exactly.
Maybe its a measure of how many miles our avatar has traveled.

Lone Wolf JLT said:

DLC = Downloadable Content

Similar to frequent flier miles? lol. I wonder what kind of benefits we could get.

Pokemiles, according to Josh, were a measure of how many miles the character has walked in-game and could be traded in for things like Rare Candies, which cost 500 Pokemiles.

FT10 said:
What if they're saving Zmon for a possible Pokémon Z or X2Y2? specifically, you need to summon Zmon to repair the damage caused by Xerneas and/or Yveltal in X and Y?

They didn't save, Rayquaza, Giratina, Kyurem and co :p

I'm pretty sure nobody has posted this here, but hat-removing confirmed. You apparently have to unlock the option to do so.
zOdZWLP.jpg

Cresceda said:
FT10 said:

They didn't save, Rayquaza, Giratina, Kyurem and co :p

I know...which is why it would be totally unexpected and unprecedented if they could somehow weave it into the plot of the sequel.

papakankri said:
I'm pretty sure nobody has posted this here, but hat-removing confirmed. You apparently have to unlock the option to do so.
zOdZWLP.jpg

I'm pretty sure that's just the female player beating Calem or whatever his name is.

So nothing new has been shown today? Does no one have a picture of Nitx? Are any of the 3 Dex completed. Last I saw of the mountain dex it only went up to the 80's with Beartic. How far has anyone gotten?

Tighten said:
So nothing new has been shown today? Does no one have a picture of Nitx? Are any of the 3 Dex completed. Last I saw of the mountain dex it only went up to the 80's with Beartic. How far has anyone gotten?

Leakers are probably taking a PokeNap or are working.

I was thinking, is there a possibility that there will be additional (so new and unobtainable in the game itself) megastones through mystery gift? Just like Torchic. I mean, if Dunsparce normally wouldn't get a megastone, would it be possible if there will be through events? (lol, Megadunsparce)

Momaster12 said:
papakankri said:
zOdZWLP.jpg

I'm pretty sure that's just the female player beating Calem or whatever his name is.

Could be. Josh also said that he hadn't unlocked the option to remove his hat though, so I don't know.
I'm more concerned about customization options than actual leaks haha.

papakankri said:
Momaster12 said:

Could be. Josh also said that he hadn't unlocked the option to remove his hat though, so I don't know.
I'm more concerned about customization options than actual leaks haha.

I think it was confirmed you have to wear a hat. (Which is cool with me fedoras rule.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back