Pokemon Pokémon That Look Better Than Their Evolved Forms

RE: Pokemon That Look Better Than Their Evolved Forms

Ohman177 said:
Dragon Pokémon said:
Wow I had no idea lol. Thanks for letting me know. Definitely feel more "normal" now that I agree with almost everyone :p Just proves I've spent most of my life under a rock.

I sorta also like Quilava over Typhlosion. Typhlosion just seems like a weirder version of Quilava to me. Not sure why. (Pretty sure I'll be in the minority this time)

Nope. Still pretty much the majority.

Well than, how about this:

I love Goomy so much more than its evolutions. It's so awesome and basic, then it gets to complicated while staying super basic...I don't get it? It went from being simple and epic to, well, awkward.

Dragon Pokémon said:
Ohman177 said:
Nope. Still pretty much the majority.

Well than, how about this:

I love Goomy so much more than its evolutions. It's so awesome and basic, then it gets to complicated while staying super basic...I don't get it? It went from being simple and epic to, well, awkward.

You're on your own for that one haha. But I don't get the dragon typing on it. Let alone monodragon.

Rhyhorn over Rhydon. Rhyhorn looks like a rock formation rhino, Rhydon looks like a rhino with a drill for a horn.

Until Mega Gengar appeared, Haunter over Gengar. I kind of wish Haunter and Gengar were like Scyther and SScizor. and that goes for all three tradem counterparts,

because I feel the same way about Graveler and Golem. What happened to that magnificent second set of arms?

Dragonair and Dragonite. sleek marine dragon turns into a beer-bellied fairydragon with too-tiny wings.

Remoraid and Octillery. Seriously: a damn Octorok made it into Pokemon. Same color and everything.

Chinchou and Lanturn, they turned a pretty cool ogrefish/tripod fish combination into an anglerfish/dolphin combo. And those awesome eyes just disappeared.

Voltorb and Electrode. Voltorb has this awesome set of intense eyes, but when it evolves, it turns into this super simple stick figure face. I am disappointed in it.

Dragonair -- Dragonite.
I have nothing against Dragonite but I think it should have been made an evolution of a different pokemon. Dragonair is a beautiful, feminine, blue serpent and Dragonite is a chubby, orange dude. Their looks have nothing in common.

Roselia -- Roserade
I like Roselia's looks better because she is more feminine and elegant. Roserade looks like some kind of ninja or older woman with grey hair. I don't like her eyes either.

Palpitoad -- Seismitoad
Palpitoad looks more energetic. Seismitoad is a big, fat, lazy frog with big pimples on its body.

Porygon2 -- PorygonZ
I know that PorygonZ is strong but Porygon2 is cuter and its face is more friendly. When I saw Poirygon2 first time, I was like "awww". PorygonZ looks more like a robot with blind eyes.

Bunnelby -- Diggersby
Happy, skinny bunny evolves into a fat rabbit with muscle ears. I was hoping to see a different evolution of this pokemon. I even believed it was a fakemon because it had almost nothing in common with that small, fast bunny.

Floette -- Florges
I love Flabebe and Floette, but Florges looks more like a flower than a fairy. I decided to not evolve my Floette.

Like many people, I prefer Dragonair over Dragonite. Sexy, sleek blue dragon evolves into Flying Orange Barney? lolwut?

Also, Haunter just plain looks cooler than Gengar. Hell, even Gastly looks better than Gengar IMHO. But Haunter is definitely the coolest of that evolutionary line. Mega Gengar looks pretty sweet though, might give Haunter a run for its money.

Lastly (for now at least), I like the look of Wartortle more than Blastoise. Squirtle is cute, Wartortle is cool but still has some cuteness, then Blastoise looses all the cuteness for little to no increase in coolness.

New one from XY - Sliggoo.

Sliggoo is like, my dream pokemon. A pale, subterranean looking gooey snail? And those big, blank green spots for eyes couldn't be more lovable to me.

Goodra, however, just looks like a wet, wingless dragonite in my book. Totally not at all interesting to me, which is just painful. People have no idea how much I love slugs and snails, and wanted a snail pokemon exactly like Sliggoo all these long years.

Atadiusti said:
Chinchou and Lanturn, they turned a pretty cool ogrefish/tripod fish combination into an anglerfish/dolphin combo. And those awesome eyes just disappeared.

Yes, freaking love Chinchou's eyes and that it's a little weird waddling deep-sea fish. Actually, now that I think about it, Chinchou looks a little like a walking batfish, too.

This actually has to go for Froakie and Frogadier, leading up to the release of Pokemon X and Y I really wasn't feeling any of the starts mainly due to their final evolutions. My biggest gripe was for Greninja, I just didn't feel like it was the best that they could come up with because the previous evolution looked just a little bit better than it did.

Definetely Froakie & Frogadier. Froakie's really adorable with it's bubbles and everything... X3 Frogadier is a frog ninja. 'Nuff said. A ninja. Badass.

Then there's Greninja. Well, I wouldn't call it bad; it's actually pretty cool - I think it's a just disappointing to see Frogadier evolving to it. It just feels so... Well, somehow different. Seems like it's from another evo line!

I'm also a little disappointed in Delphox. I would've wanted a fast-looking, badass firefox mage, but instead I got a dark red fox in a dress. The change from Braixen is just a little too big for me.

Don't get me wrong though - I love almost every sixth gen Pokémon! (especially that adorable little Swirlix & Slurpuff <3 aww. X3)

I think all the starters of the 5th Gen looked better than their evolutions and even the starters of the 6th gen. I feel as though they are trying a bit too hard now. lol
Mind you, there are a lot of pokemon on my list that I would say look better as the babies (another on mine would be Treecko for example). And then there are those pokemon that I get that I just can't wait till they evolve.
Great example, my Favorite Pokemon is Raichu... and though I really dislike Pikachu's, I know its best to train it as its a pikachu before giving it a thunderstone. unfortunately I am stuck with Pikachu until i deem it ready to evolve. ;o;

Most of what I would have picked has already been mentioned (Dragonair, Turtwig, etc.) but there's one whose evolution has bothered me since way back in gen 1 - Jigglypuff > Wigglytuff. Those eyes put me ill at ease.

P4Ua4Xz.gif

I would have to say that I think Mudkip is the king when it comes to this category. It is very cute, and turns into (what I think to be) one of the worst looking pokemon ever designed.

^ I agree w/ MtheW, Mudkip is the best! ^
but I also think Smoochum looks cooler than Jynx,
& Shellos look better than Gastrodon.

Snorunt evolving into a flying ball of Ice makes me go WTF.. Snorunt could have been taken in an entire different direction.

The Kalos Starters are the best example for pokemon that look a lot better than their evolved forms in my opinion. How can GF turn that cute Chespin into that ... thing... called Chesnaught. And the same with Fennekin...No comment!

pancakeviksan29 said:
The Kalos Starters are the best example for pokemon that look a lot better than their evolved forms in my opinion. How can GF turn that cute Chespin into that ... thing... called Chesnaught. And the same with Fennekin...No comment!

I'm not sure why you feel that way about Chesnaught but okay...

Shining Goodra said:
Snorunt evolving into a flying ball of Ice makes me go WTF.. Snorunt could have been taken in an entire different direction.

And he did... one generation later. :p

Prince Dedenne said:
^ I agree w/ MtheW, Mudkip is the best! ^
but I also think Smoochum looks cooler than Jynx,
& Shellos look better than Gastrodon.

In the name of Arceus, Gastrodon is just like a zombie slug (third eye, wtf?), and the West version (pink) is worse that the East, with those lumps on its back and horns. The East version, while also bad, is closer to it's pre-evo at least.

About Mudkip, it's a cute and nice Pokémon; Marshtomp it's ok, while not cute it has that gladiator feeling with the crest and cheek spikes but Swampert, that thing is scarier than a Trevenant, truly a swamp monster!

Pineapple X said:
Definetely Froakie & Frogadier. Froakie's really adorable with it's bubbles and everything... X3 Frogadier is a frog ninja. 'Nuff said. A ninja. Badass.

Then there's Greninja. Well, I wouldn't call it bad; it's actually pretty cool - I think it's a just disappointing to see Frogadier evolving to it. It just feels so... Well, somehow different. Seems like it's from another evo line!

I'm also a little disappointed in Delphox. I would've wanted a fast-looking, badass firefox mage, but instead I got a dark red fox in a dress. The change from Braixen is just a little too big for me.

Don't get me wrong though - I love almost every sixth gen Pokémon! (especially that adorable little Swirlix & Slurpuff <3 aww. X3)

My main problem with Greninja and the thing that gives me the feeling of being worse or not connected to its pre-evos is the lack of a bubble scarf, having instead that Jar-Jar tongue. The lack of light-blue in its body while something that might not help, is at least acceptable since it's now a ninja. Oh, those things connecting the ears are just too weird.

Jakeremix said:
pancakeviksan29 said:

I'm not sure why you feel that way about Chesnaught but okay...

(...)

It took time for me to warm (not to mention liking it in the 1st place) but I can still recall the reasons why I also didn't liked Chesnaugh: it's scheme color is way too drastic in comparison with its pre-evos, its body seems covered in bandages like a mummy, the Sugimori artwork makes it look like a dumb creature looking at nowhere while also having more of a hunch than a shell on its back (thank Arceus for its Dream artwok and some TCG image), it looks like an old and bald dude who still goes to the gym to work out, it has a beard but it also has some kind of chest hair...
The thing that made me starting to like it was to think of it as some kind of Grass Viking Warrior, a veteran capable of fighting but always to protect others and so having a noble intention. Nowadays, I just don't care anymore about its "problems", I just accept it as a Pokémon (even Gastrodon and Swampert, despite calling this Swamp Monster above!) . :D

Garchomp is much better looking than Mega Garchomp, as its chin makes it look like it doesn't have teeth and that spiky apron...

Mega Blastoise looks stuupid with those arm-shell-cannons and its ears remind me of Swoobat.

Mega Aerodactyl: Hands = rocks, Chin = rocks, Ears = rocks. Too many rocks. I'm surprised it can even fly.

So much about Mega Heracross is off-putting. Its forearms are bulkier than Popeye's, odd vents on its body, and I don't even know what happened to its horn. Did it split in two, or did Heracross grow a nose?

Mega Tyranitar looks like it has so much drag and has a "Come at me bro" pose, but it's somehow faster, despite all those rocks growing out of its back and encasing its arms. T-tar was cool enough without this mess.

Yeah, basically the only mega-evolutions that I thought did the pokes justice were mega Abomasnow (I don't like Abomasnow but adore its mega evolution), mega Mawile, Mewtwo Y and I prefer mega Blaziken over Blaziken.

Anywho, on 'Pokemon That Look Better Than Their Evolved Forms' my first thought is Frogadier, then Dragonair, Charmeleon, Grovyle and Munna. But yea... Frogadier... wow. Wish it wasn't as tedious stopping pokemon from evolving in the game. Makes me jealous of the anime, where their unevolved forms actually stand a chance against their evolutions or other fully evolved pokes.

I must say, I like Spritzee a whole lot more than Aromatisse. Spritzee is a super cute, little fairy 'bird.' I like Aromatisse, but Spritzee looks a lot cuter and overall has a better design. I don't really like the black 'ribbon' on Aromatisse's back either, I think Aromatisse would have looked a lot better, or more natural, without the ribbon thing.
Bringing Mega Evolutions into the subject, I like Gardevoir's design more than Mega Gardevoir. Gardevoir is a graceful, elegant, pretty Pokémon. But it's Mega Evolution is ugly to me, I don't like the giant 'dress.' Even though a Shiny Mega Gardevoir has a cool color combination, I still prefer Gardevoir over it's Mega Evolution.

Dragonair to Dragonite. I mean seriously. We went from beautiful, enchanting sea serpent dragon, to the Kraft Macaroni and Cheese dinosaur... with wings...

Back