XY Pokémon Playthrough Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Pokémon X / Y : Questions & Answers

iSharingan said:
at level 100, yes it is one point each. 15 IVs is considered 'normal' iirc, so 0 IVs is more like minus 60 EVs and 31 is more like plus 64 EVs. The difference between level 100 stats for 0 and 31 EVs is the same as what 124 EVs would/could give, though.
So pretty much, 0 IVs vs 31 IVs is ~15% difference in the Stat. That is a lot more than I thought max IVs would be.. I guess it's time to start Breeding! :p

Also, does anyone know where to get a Flying Gem and if Unova Starters are obtainable in Friend Safaris? (Or was that Contrary Serperior screenshot a hoax..>_<)

And here's a stupid question: When you do PvP Battles, does it always auto-(de)level your Pokemon to 50 or are there some Modes where it leaves your Pokemon as is? Because if so, why do people EV Train for level 100 values, when it'd be more efficient to go by level 50 values? o_0

In no restrictions, levels are left as-is while Flat battles make anything over level 50 become level 50 (pokemon of lower levels stay lower levels). In most competitive play, level 100 is the standard, though there are the occasional lvl1 FEAR sets, etc..

And do NOT compare EVs and IVs to a stat by percentage. EVs and IVs affect a set number of stat points while Nature is a percentage. Fully investing in something like Chansey's Defense will seem like a much higher percent because its base defense is so low, while investing in its HP will seem to barely do anything when viewed as a percent due to the base HP being so high.

iSharingan said:
And do NOT compare EVs and IVs to a stat by percentage. EVs and IVs affect a set number of stat points while Nature is a percentage. Fully investing in something like Chansey's Defense will seem like a much higher percent because its base defense is so low, while investing in its HP will seem to barely do anything when viewed as a percent due to the base HP being so high.

Do Natures include EVs? Or just the base?
Because I thought they did, but now that I think about it, I realize that makes no sense..
Seeing as how what a Nature really does is increase Stat gain on level-up, culminating in +/-10% at level 100.

Question about breeding...
I have a japanese ralts and one from my game, can i use them to try out the masuda method? Do i have to do anything else?

Sorry for the lame question, but pokemon games have change since the old game boy era :)

no. Those 2 are enough as long as they're able to bereed (ie: not both male). Just start hatching like mad.

Did Umbreon get the moonblast move (I completely forgot the name lol)?

Is there a timer in the Friend Safari? Also, is it true that shiny encounter rate rises slightly because it's only 3 pokemon in it at a time?

FloodBadge said:
Is there a timer in the Friend Safari? Also, is it true that shiny encounter rate rises slightly because it's only 3 pokemon in it at a time?

There is no time limit, no Safari Balls, no bait, no fleeing Pokémon... It's kinda weird that it's called a Safari at all.
Also, I don't think the low variety has anything to do with the increased shiny chance. Routes like Kanto's Route 1 would be teeming with shiny Pidgey and Rattata if that were how it worked o_O

Frezgle said:
FloodBadge said:

There is no time limit, no Safari Balls, no bait, no fleeing Pokémon... It's kinda weird that it's called a Safari at all.
Also, I don't think the low variety has anything to do with the increased shiny chance. Routes like Kanto's Route 1 would be teeming with shiny Pidgey and Rattata if that were how it worked o_O

Not what I meant. I mean, due to there being only 3 pokemon to calculate the stuff for instead of like 8 or 10, it raises the chances of encountering a shiny by just barely i guess because there's fewer pokemon for it to generate in the area? So the shiny rate would go up by maybe like 3-5% or slightly more?

Ohman177 said:
Did Umbreon get the moonblast move (I completely forgot the name lol)?

not unless it gets it via breeding

the only fairy move it gets is moonlight (and I'm not counting that as a new move since Umbreon has had it since like the move's introduction and its not like it would be taken off just because of a retyping)

I am confused. A dude from Taiwan added me as a friend via Pokemon X and Y, we didn't exchange friend codes. How did he do this?

after you trade or battle, you have the option to register the other person in your 3DS FC list

iSharingan said:
after you trade or battle, you have the option to register the other person in your 3DS FC list

I just traded with a guy, but I didn't get that option? :/ Sorry for being extremely dumb :(

Jungletoad said:
iSharingan said:

I just traded with a guy, but I didn't get that option? :/ Sorry for being extremely dumb :(

Nevermind, got it

Does anyone know which cafes generate Pokemon to be seen on the Pokedex? I need to know so I can trade for them on the GTS. Thanks XD.:)

xxashxx said:
Does anyone know which cafes generate Pokemon to be seen on the Pokedex? I need to know so I can trade for them on the GTS. Thanks XD.:)
if you scroll all the way down the list of beginning letters on the GTS search, there's an option where you can type in the name of the pokemon you want to search for. Spelling counts, but I was able to search for Flygon and Zygarde this way, having not yet seen them.

Oh really so I can even search for Rayquaza? Thanks XD.:)

EDIT: Just tried Lugia Ho-oh and Rayquaza and nothing. You must have to have seen them first some how XD.:)

Can I use the Poké-Radar at the Friend Safari? I'm trying to use it, but it's unsuccessful.

xxashxx said:
Oh really so I can even search for Rayquaza? Thanks XD.:)

EDIT: Just tried Lugia Ho-oh and Rayquaza and nothing. You must have to have seen them first some how XD.:)

You didn't find them because no one has them yet d:
Until the Bank service goes up and transfer is doable, there are no Gen VI Ho-Ohs or Rayquazas.
Or Rattatas :c

Nitros said:
Can I use the Poké-Radar at the Friend Safari? I'm trying to use it, but it's unsuccessful.

Nnnnnope... Sucks too, since that's one of the only large enough patches of grass in the game.

What am I doing wrong here?

I'm in a Friend Safari of another player who is online at the same time that I am, and yet all their Pokemon don't have the hidden ability.

Diglett-Dig said:
What am I doing wrong here?

I'm in a Friend Safari of another player who is online at the same time that I am, and yet all their Pokemon don't have the hidden ability.

I think it's online on PSS for hidden abilities.

On another note, I just got a shiny Stunfisk (yay!) while hunting for Carnivine and got some theories I need help testing out.
1) Does shininess pass through breeding if one or both parents are shiny? (Testing because a girl got a shiny Noibat, evolved it, bred her, and the first egg was a male shiny Noibat)
2) Does shiny breeding chance rise when one pokemon is from a farther away trainer? (When the Masuda method says foreign pokemon or pokemon from other countries, it could just be simplifying it being higher the farther the other trainer is from you. For example, a New York player gets a pokemon from Mexico and a pokemon from Canada. The method info we have says it would have the same chance, but what if the Canadian one gives less chance due to less distance?)
3) If you bred two foreign pokemon with one or both being shiny, will it affect shiny egg chance rate?

To test the first two, I have my female Stunfisk. If the eggs turn out shiny, anyone who provided the pokemon for #2 will get the egg.
Anyway, could I get some helpers? If you allow me to borrow pokemon, I will honestly allow you to watch on live stream so you know I will not steal them. And, this is technically related to X and Y so...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back