PokéBeach no longer hosting their own scans?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheStrictNein

Has tried turning it off and on again
So, I go to check which Cobalion card a user is talking about. So I go to TCG in the top bar to use the search function there.

That's when I notice that that search function has been removed, and that the layout has been changed. I go to click on the set list, and it links me to the official TPCi card database rather than Pokebeach's list.

Are Pokebeach no longer hosting scans? And we will see the search function comeback. Pokebeach's search was so much nicer than TPCi's mess of a website.

EDIT: Pokemon's own set list is especially crap because it's like 15 cards at a time. If I want to browse through a 160 card set I have to load a whole new webpage around 10 times as opposed to once with Pokebeach.

Is Pokebeach affiliating with TPCi?

There's two equally plausible scenarios that I can see:
1) Pokebeach doesn't want to invest the time/bandwidth to host the images on their site any longer. Given the (ongoing) issues with the server, I can see why this might be a good idea.
2) Pokebeach got a C&D from TPCi, and are now just redirecting to TPCi's site to maintain similar functionality.

This might explain why the site hasn't been re-hosting the scans for XY Break and are instead providing links to other sites, which is kinda scummy.

Until WPM comes out with an official statement, I don't think we'll ever really know. It's a shame though.

I appreciate your guys' concern. Unfortunately, due to circumstances far beyond our control, we will no longer be able to host scans.

I appreciate your guys' concern. Unfortunately, due to circumstances far beyond our control, we will no longer be able to host scans.
Well that sucks. :(

We still generally have translations before other sites, so we still got that going. Hopefully whatever has made you guys have to change won't affect set leaks on Japanese release days (at least, not the text translations; I don't expect to see the leaked scans).

I assume the scans have been actually removed from the database? Meaning any link that used a PB scan is now broken?

That's what's going on?

Oh okay it wasn't just me, still unfortunate :( I actually liked you guys having all the scans.

What about Japanese?

What will happen to TCGOne as a result of this change? I noticed that all their scans are run by pokebeach-hosted scans previously, but if you can't host them any more, is a TCGOne shutdown in order? Or will the scans be edited to no longer show the host as Pokebeach?

Pokebeach can't host its own scans any longer?

R.I.P. all the time omahanime put in to those things.

Pokebeach can't host its own scans any longer?

R.I.P. all the time omahanime put in to those things.

Thank you for the complement, but, English scans were due to Shakespeare.

...Blast iiiiit, I don't know how I mixed you two. ;-;

Same sentiment, though!

While I'm at it, throw WPM in this as well. TCG scans seemed kind of like (one of) Pokebeach's babies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back