PokéBeach Fakemon Contest #3 - [Finished] Winners are sliazu & safariblade

RE: PokéBeach Fakemon Contest #3 - EVERYONE COME VOTE!

Quite a few good entries this round! I think I will vote for...

1. NewADance (Gertly)
2. shadow_scyther (Ghostly) [not totally sold on the name, but I really like this design]
3. quixkai (Spooklout)

I was very close to voting for silazu, excellent design and art, but I feel it is more dark than ghostly, and I feel some elements of the design (the tail, the horn, the patterns on the arms and face) were unecessary.
I love hatedisc's artwork and design, but I just can't picture it as a Pokemon. Safari's in the same boat.
Deff is a wonderful name, and I wish I would've thought of it so I could draw a ghostly hip-hop Pokemon. I'd be lying if I said I loved the design, though.
But great entries everybody! Good luck, had a lot of fun this round.

1) quixkai
2) 6-Dimension
3) Bippa201

You all did a great job every one! I hope we will all work just as hard for the next contest!

1. Fantasmight
2. Mr. Kitz
3. Hunteroar

Everyone had great entries. I hope the next contest will be as good as this one!
I wonder why almost everyone likes to make digital art instead of drawings...

By the way, how much will the voting last?

Amazing entries!!

1. Goux (6-Dimension)
Thoughts: I love both the design and concept. It is very simple and Pokeman'ish but yet creative, unique, and well researched. I have a few problems concerning lack of shading, highlighting, and the rough lines. Overall though, a well done design!

2. Wespit (silazu)
Thoughts: Anything from silazu is a guarantee masterpiece IMO. I love the red highlights around the eyes, the evil, haunting grin, and the blurring of the distant body parts (hand and tail). My only problem is the actual design. I love your designs, silazu but, IMO, they do not scream Pokemon to me. I have noticed a lot of the Pokemon designs are simplistic and an emphasis on shapes. I would even venture to say it looks "too perfect". While this is a amazing piece of work (truly it is), it doesn't seem to fit into the Pokemon world.

3. Ghoneteror (Gleafeon)
Thoughts: Pretty good design! I like the half covered face and tattered cape a lot. I also like the wisps of ghost smoke. It gives it a nice effect. However, my only problem with it is is too confusing and cluttered. I would suggest it holding the sword instead of wearing it. I would also forgo the bone-like shoulder pads for a more simplistic design. Also, my question is where did it get the sword, shield, and cape if its dead? I would suggest making them look older and more worn out by adding cracks, rust, and dents as if it picked it up in some ancient cave.

Thank you very much for the critique! I agree with your points completely. The shading, well, I'm still working out an exact way to do digital coloring, which is because I haven't yet worked out a consistent way to extract linework (which is, of course, the reason for the rough lines). I'll definitely keep those things in mind for next round, thanks again.

1. Hitmondoom
2. Wepist
3. Spooklout

So safari's wondering about any ideas for the next round.

My idea for Round 3 is Water/Fire, because paradoxes are cool.

The problem with Water/Poison is that Tentacruel aside, there's pretty much no other creature that fits the bill.
I'm thinking Water/Dark would be two new types for the contest and also quite interesting.

Water/Poison: Blowfish, sea monster, poison coral, poison eels, etc, etc.

Hmm, I guess so, but I can't see it expanding too far. As the current organiser, though, it's your call! ;)

safariblade said:
Water/Poison: Blowfish, sea monster, poison coral, poison eels, etc, etc.

Sea anemones, sea slugs, sea serpents, stone fish, scorpion fish, toxic waste, leeches, platypus, lionfish, poisonous newts, stingray, poison dart frog, poison poured into a drink, etc. Anyways, my vote goes to Grass/Dark.

If we do Water/Poison, I call dibs on Platypus!

For Water/Fire, I had this idea for a seahorse. But I could see things like coral, sharks, manta rays and frogs working too.

For the type in contest 4 I think poison/electric. I already have an idea if it goes to that :)

We'e already done that somewhere. Or maybe that was just the GDI Smeargle contest. Anyway, I drew a battery called Cellet for that. If I didn't have to do any new work for the next round and just use my old Cellet which could be enhanced, that'd be good. :D

1)6-D-Could be better made, but by far the best idea here.
2)quixkai- Similar idea as mine but better.
3)Safariblade- Great idea and design but I can't see it being a Pokemon.

@6-D: I am not very creative when it comes to names. It was either going to be Ghostly or Me Ghosta lol.

Haha I think the name Me Ghosta is great

Things that would be neat for next round:
Water/Steel
Grass/Psychic
Fighting/Water
Water/Normal (near unresisted coverage, only by Jellicent and Empoleon and Ferrothorn lollll)
Water/Rock

I really love the water type

I vote for...
Nighnjat, no matter the bad quality it is still being awesome.
Goux.
Wepist.
Fantasmight.
Spooklout]
and Ghoneteror.

Back