PokéBeach Create-A-Card: Oct. 2014 - Ghost

RE: PokéBeach Create-A-Card: Oct. 2014 - Ghost (Submission Deadline TONIGHT)

Since there is chance of results being delayed for a few days, it's highly likely that the next round might go up before then.

If you have any ideas for next month's theme, feel free to share.

Unless you're on the southern hemisphere. :p

I would personally rather prefer to have a general theme that encompasses several things instead of focusing around specific types.

Well, since I'll probably be an entrant again, I might as well put some discussion:

What about rand-

/me gets slapped by the whole CaC

Ehm... I mean... although Winter could be a nice theme, we can use some sort of other mechanic. ORAS would have been an option if we haven't used Hoenn already,,, Maybe use some old school like Kanto? Or Legendary? Baby? Even Kalos, if we haven't done that already. Of course, the Member-based could be funny: If the member you choose has a Pokémon as an avatar, you use that Poké as "Member's Pokémon".

Hmmm....

Ok after 10 minutes of thinking about this, I've got an idea. It can be Pokemon over 200lbs./~91kg and have some form of hair/fur. Because the general idea of November (at least in the US but we can't be alone on this?) is that you grow a beard then get fat on Thanksgiving. Oh and Regigigas, I don't get any ice I'm in Texas D:

Carpey said:
Hmmm....

Ok after 10 minutes of thinking about this, I've got an idea. It can be Pokemon over 200lbs./~91kg and have some form of hair/fur. Because the general idea of November (at least in the US but we can't be alone on this?) is that you grow a beard then get fat on Thanksgiving. Oh and Regigigas, I don't get any ice I'm in Texas D:

Doesn't only the US have thanksgiving?

I'll make my traditionally specific suggestion which never gets received well and suggest that we do paired entries. Each entrant would be grouped with another with the goal of together submitting two cards that somehow work together strategically (i.e. have synergy). Points in creativity may be awarded based on how well the mechanics of each card mesh together.

If there is an odd entrant left over at the end, they might be added into a group as a third or something. This is the biggest hole in the idea at the moment.

Auride said:
I'll make my traditionally specific suggestion which never gets received well and suggest that we do paired entries. Each entrant would be grouped with another with the goal of together submitting two cards that somehow work together strategically (i.e. have synergy). Points in creativity may be awarded based on how well the mechanics of each card mesh together.

If there is an odd entrant left over at the end, they might be added into a group as a third or something. This is the biggest hole in the idea at the moment.

And I like this idea even better! Maybe we should be forced to enter as a pair.

We can simply enter as couples from the start. As an example:

"Count me and Auride for a text-based pair!" That way we'll never get uneven if people sign up this way. ;)

For November, maybe there should be a baby-ish Pokemon contest? Your Pokemon would have to be able to evolve into another Pokemon, but wouldn't necessarily have to be Basic. EXs would probably have to be excluded, even if some of them can Mega-Evolve.

RE: PokéBeach Create-A-Card: Oct. 2014 - Ghost (Submission Deadline TONIGHT)

Ice Arceus said:
If you have any ideas for next month's theme, feel free to share.

Trainer edition? I feel like there could be some really cool Trainers that could be created.

kSblzD0.png

Let's get the hype going!! :D This will be hard to top off... xD

I actually oppose a team based CAC, that calls for arguments and people won't be able to express all of their ideas. Also, someone could just create an alt. account and be a pair with themselves and cheat the system.

Reggie McGigas said:
Also, someone could just create an alt. account and be a pair with themselves and cheat the system.
There are checks to this; creating multiple accounts is against site rules and the forum team can IP search. Plus, partnering up with a brand new account would look pretty fishy anyway.

Regardless, judging a paired competition would be an absolute nightmare. I'd likely sit out judging, as my knowledge of the current meta just isn't strong enough.

CMP said:
Regardless, judging a paired competition would be an absolute nightmare. I'd likely sit out judging, as my knowledge of the current meta just isn't strong enough.

The practicality of judging is a valid concern with any contest, so I do believe it should be considered here. I've suggested ideas in the past which I only really realized had issues after the testimony of judges, so thank you.

That said, I feel the paired contest could be run without any sort of concern for metagame. The two submissions would need only to work well together, not necessarily with any real cards.

Wigglytuff said:
I really like the idea of a user's cards theme.

Wigglytuff's Wigglytuff

:D

I like that idea a lot. Some users might have to use their real name or an OC for old Gym-style cards, since some of them are too long to fit (without squishing them quite a bit). "Alex's Dunsparce" would probably look better and more realistic than "Nekoban Ryo's Dunsparce" anyway.

The only real issue I see is that most of the image-based participants probably wouldn't be able to draw their trainer icon (if they're doing old Gym or SP cards), but I suppose they could recolor official trainer art (like how CMP made Steven's hair brown for his icon).

Nekoban Ryo said:
Wigglytuff said:
I really like the idea of a user's cards theme.

Wigglytuff's Wigglytuff

:D

I like that idea a lot. Some users might have to use their real name or an OC for old Gym-style cards, since some of them are too long to fit (without squishing them quite a bit). "Alex's Dunsparce" would probably look better and more realistic than "Nekoban Ryo's Dunsparce" anyway.
Keeper of Night said:
[P] - Froslass -- 90 HP
Keeper's Pokémon
Stage 1 (evolves from Snorunt)

[img=180x160]http://i.imgur.com/32pBs.png[/img]

Ability: Scared Stiff
As long as this Pokémon is your active Pokémon, all Energy attached to the Defending Pokémon are [P] Energy instead of their usual type.

[P] Shadow Force 30
Return this Pokémon and all cards attached to it to your hand.

[W][W] Frost Breath 50
Flip 2 coins. If either of them is heads, the Defending Pokémon is now Paralyzed.

Weakness: [P] Resistance: [C] Retreat: ___
It freezes prey by blowing its -58 degree F breath. It is said to then secretly display its prey.
BW wording.

Not that I don't love making Keeper's 'mons (or pokes for other members). I'd be up for a similar restriction for a round.

Back