PokéBeach Create-A-Card: Oct. 2014 - Ghost

myoKun345 said:
My entry! Another Litwick~ Generally following the XY era for wording, but the layout is custom.

See my dA for more examples of this style

Love the artwork, and the custom blank is really good. I personally would have moved the Energy costs for the attacks to the left a bit more, as they feel a bit out of place, but that is just what I would do. As always, great job!

rev3rsor said:
Do you want to replace me? I probably won't be able to make a good quality card in this time; if you can I'd rather you have my spot.

Luispipe8 said:
Eron said:
Damn it, couldn't enter to text-based :/
y u do dis Luis ;-;
y u no tell mi ;-;

Maybe next month will be :D

Hey, y u blame me?! D: I'm no Judge this month. xD But as rev said, I guess you can take his spot.
'cuz I dunno xD

Ugh, well, if I make a good card you'll be fine as you gave it to me to make a good card, but if it's not good you might get angry. (Or not?)

GadgetJax said:
myoKun345 said:
My entry! Another Litwick~ Generally following the XY era for wording, but the layout is custom.

See my dA for more examples of this style

Love the artwork, and the custom blank is really good. I personally would have moved the Energy costs for the attacks to the left a bit more, as they feel a bit out of place, but that is just what I would do. As always, great job!

My rationale for the energy cost placement is that they start on the thin descending bar and until the energy cost is greater than three, each new cost symbol is added on the right. From then on, there will be some on the left side of the bar as well. It's kind of a way to keep it different from other styles, I guess.

Eron said:
rev3rsor said:
Do you want to replace me? I probably won't be able to make a good quality card in this time; if you can I'd rather you have my spot.

Luispipe8 said:
Hey, y u blame me?! D: I'm no Judge this month. xD But as rev said, I guess you can take his spot.
'cuz I dunno xD

Ugh, well, if I make a good card you'll be fine as you gave it to me to make a good card, but if it's not good you might get angry. (Or not?)

Nah ofc I won't be mad :p Interested in seeing your entry though :)

myoKun345 said:
GadgetJax said:

My rationale for the energy cost placement is that they start on the thin descending bar and until the energy cost is greater than three, each new cost symbol is added on the right. From then on, there will be some on the left side of the bar as well. It's kind of a way to keep it different from other styles, I guess.

so kinda like the ex era?

9-pinsir-d.jpg

Rather than call it quits for the billionth time in a row, since I don't have access to my PC right now, I'm going to try and make this on my mac.

Expect something boring!

Did you guys miss me?

SNT4pgV.png

I'll keep this as brief as I can.

Froslass's first Psychic-type card. Focuses on harming the spirit more than the physical body. "The Defending Pokemon" is intentionally used in the second attack to clarify the effect is on the Pokemon receiving the attack and not whatever's in your opponent's Active spot (a couple other XY cards use the phrase "Defending Pokemon" to clarify an attack's effect; I can't think of any of them right now though).

Sent in the text for me and Articwhite's card to him. Now we just wait for him to post the image.

Blui said:
myoKun345 said:

so kinda like the ex era?

9-pinsir-d.jpg

Somewhat, yes. I did get into the TCG starting in the EX era so a good deal of my design inspiration draws from that style.

shedinja_cac__welkin__by_blui129-d83u351.png
[/spoiler

Here's my entry. Shedinja is pretty swag. Zygarde's pretty swag.

Gaping Hole and Dark Release are meant to have some synergy with each other. I think it's DP level power, just like Zygarde's Welkin stuff. I kinda want to make a Ninjask just to go with it. But art man :p

Blui said:
shedinja_cac__welkin__by_blui129-d83u351.png

Here's my entry. Shedinja is pretty swag. Zygarde's pretty swag.

Gaping Hole and Dark Release are meant to have some synergy with each other. I think it's DP level power, just like Zygarde's Welkin stuff. I kinda want to make a Ninjask just to go with it. But art man :p

Oh dear. I would hate to be up against that! Those attacks really work with Shedninja - the discarded shell of ninjask! Lovely. Gotta love that image.

I was like: "Go my dear little blank, uncle Blui is gonna take care of you and make you awesome."

Now I'm like:
22282455.jpg

Genious spoilers, and I loved the stage bar! I might even try to steal it kekeke

Reminder: There are approximately 5 days left until submissions are due.

If you feel that you must drop out from this round (and not be dealt the penalty), then you must do so by the 27th. Those who have dropped out from the previous rounds and decide to do so again will face the penalty.

Guess I better get to this. This was a small nightmare and there is still a few things I can see wrong with it. I'm happy with how the art came out though. Would have been much better if I know how to apply foils and textures but whatever. Hopefully I can get a good score despite the problems.

tumblr_ne2hu7MOjC1snsyxqo1_500.png

Alright, finally done with my card. Took me a while to figure out the right combination of attack and ability, but I think this is good. I still don't think I have the wording right on the ability, but oh well.

STAGE 2 / Chandelure // HP130 [P]
608.png
Evolves from Lampent
Chandelure_XY.gif

NO. 609 Luring Pokémon HT: 3'03" WT: 75.6 lbs.

[Ability] Luring Call
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may discard cards until you have 2 cards in your hand. Then, if you have 2 in any combination of Litwick, Lampent, and Chandelure in your hand, you may reveal them, and search your deck for a card and put it into your hand. Shuffle your deck afterward. You may not use an Ability with the same name during your turn.

[P][P][C] Energy Specter 70+
If you have more basic Energy cards in your discard pile than your opponent, this attack does 50 more damage.

weakness [D] X2
resistance [F] -20
retreat [C][C]

The spirits burned up in its ominous flame lose their way and wander this world forever.​

References:
http://pokebeach.com/scans/boundaries-crossed/137-computer-search.jpg
http://pokebeach.com/scans/boundaries-crossed/130-hugh.jpg
http://pokebeach.com/scans/plasma-freeze/bw75-metagross.jpg
http://pokebeach.com/scans/arceus/6-mothim.jpg

I emerge from the dark, harrowing, soulless abyss that is judging to submit my entry:

QKfRrj8.png

The Moon V: Son of Moon

This is my 9th entry (I accidentally counted #4 twice and it’s too late to change it now) and my 5th time I’ve used that moon, so kudos to me, I say.

This card in general is a throwback to the Base Set Haunter of old, which was also annoyingly useful, had low HP, free retreat and was also rare. I figured it’d be interesting to give Haunter the honour of being rare once more.

Redemption is pretty standard, which is why it’s odd to me that this has never been done before. You’re trading a Bench spot and easy snipe target for a constant supply of whatever you need. It’s also often quite hard to get back Trainer cards, which this card helps mitigate. I’m aware that it might be a bit too good, but since creating my own set I’ve become a fan of niche cards which fit in pretty much every deck as a useful tech, and this card is a perfect example of this. I prefer my deckbuilding to be complex and excruciating, where one has to decided between many different viable options rather than simply using an obvious strategy and a standard engine.

The attack might seem insane, so consider this: It’s worse than M-Gengar-EX and Mew ex and the likes because it requires your opponent to have the right amount of Energy. If you’ve ever played competitive Pokémon TCG, you know that you often don’t attach that final Energy to a Benched Pokémon so you can keep your options open and don’t fully commit to a single Pokémon, and if you see this thing you especially won’t be doing that. So you’ll mostly be able to use weaker attacks on Pokémon with stronger ones, attacks by not-fully-evolved Pokémon, attacks by Pokémon which require an overabundance of Energy and attacks by free-retreat set-up Pokémon. And if your opponent does have some seriously killing power ready on their Bench, they'll be able to get revenge pretty easily. It's quite a lot more limited than one would imagine. The attack is really more of a gimmick than anything else, but it’s a very thematic gimmick IMO, and not giving this card a consistent means of attacking helps balance it somewhat. It’s still a very good card, but it’s not broken as far as I can tell.

Also, I’ve once again abused to no-precedents loophole for wording and the custom blank loophole for placement, so ha!

Now back to judging. May the Pokégods have mercy on my soul.

Machamp The Champion said:
Alright, finally done with my card. Took me a while to figure out the right combination of attack and ability, but I think this is good. I still don't think I have the wording right on the ability, but oh well.

STAGE 2 / Chandelure // HP130 [P]
608.png
Evolves from Lampent
Chandelure_XY.gif

NO. 609 Luring Pokémon HT: 3'03" WT: 75.6 lbs.

[Ability] Luring Call
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may discard cards until you have 2 cards in your hand. Then, if you have 2 in any combination of Litwick, Lampent, and Chandelure in your hand, you may reveal them, and search your deck for a card and put it into your hand. Shuffle your deck afterward. You may not use an Ability with the same name during your turn.

[P][P][C] Energy Specter 70+
If you have more basic Energy cards in your discard pile than your opponent, this attack does 50 more damage.

weakness [D] X2
resistance [F] -20
retreat [C][C]

The spirits burned up in its ominous flame lose their way and wander this world forever.​

References:
http://pokebeach.com/scans/boundaries-crossed/137-computer-search.jpg
http://pokebeach.com/scans/boundaries-crossed/130-hugh.jpg
http://pokebeach.com/scans/plasma-freeze/bw75-metagross.jpg
http://pokebeach.com/scans/arceus/6-mothim.jpg

Punish the more powerful (those evil VirGenners with a Mewtwo/Yvetal deck)! Yes!

Oy vey, I actually have to do this. Can't drop out or nuttin

Damn it so many assignments and exams

Meh #yolo

Back