PokéBeach Create-A-Card: Oct. 2014 - Ghost

Just edit the post instead of deleting and reposting, Nod3. I saw your original entry, I'm sure others did too.

Ok, here's me and Wigglytuff's entry:

34855a8.jpg

Looks like you guys are going to have to go for third place. Pipotchi and I are gonna win. :p

kTDF6wE.png

This is my first fake (I don't count mypokecard because, well, it's someone else's generator) and it was really fun, so I'll probably come back for November's. It did take forever but I'm not sure if that was because I used Sumopaint like a n0b, or because I'm a n0b at making cards. The set number is just [Month/Year]. I gave Phantom Slash just enough to hit magic numbers without a drawback effect because the drawback is needing [P] and [D]. 130 HP like the standard basic Legendaries, but a nice Ability because it's Arceus and sounded like a ghost-y thing. Cripple is just there because there are just not enough cards today with three attacks/Abilities. Also glad that nobody else so far has decided to copy my choice of Pokemon. :cool:

^ It's cool and Arceus is a unique choice but the fonts are off enough that I can tell even though I'm not an image faker and I've never read a font guide. It's a really good card for your first IMO. I hope to see you again after I stomp you next month.

Lugia123 said:
^ It's cool and Arceus is a unique choice but the fonts are off enough that I can tell even though I'm not an image faker and I've never read a font guide. It's a really good card for your first IMO. I hope to see you again after I stomp you next month.

Yeah I noticed that too and it was a really big problem. The text probably tool half the time because I had to improvise with fonts that were close enough. I couldn't download & install the proper ones because I need the admin password for the computer, which my parents know. I mean, I could ask them when they wake up but then I'd miss the deadline by the time school is over and I get to finish the card. Let's just say it's a "custom font" for now. ;)

In honor of a previous Nuzlocke...

[P] Swampert GHOST 0 HP
Ghost Pokémon
Basic

260.gif

Ability: Grave Danger
As long as this Pokémon is your active Pokémon, all Energy attached to the Defending Pokémon is [P] Energy instead of their usual type.

___ Vanish
Return this Pokémon and all cards attached to it into your hand.

___ Scare to Death
Flip a coin. If heads, both this Pokémon and the Defending Pokémon are both knocked out.

Weakness: ___ Resistance: ___ Retreat: ___
Failing to move on, this Pokémon was doomed to wander the world until its unknown quest is completed.

Ghost Pokemon are always at 0 HP, and are therefore knocked out as soon as put into play (your opponent takes a prize card when a Ghost Pokemon is played). Ghost Pokemon cannot take damage and cannot be affected by special conditions. You cannot play a Ghost Pokemon as a basic to begin the game with. Aside from that, Ghost Pokemon are played the same as any other Pokemon.

lol, are we really talking about this...? >.>

Back into the Contest, I'm letting you know that I won't return as a Judge for next month, but for December's Contest instead. This because I won't have time to do the judging because of final exams next month, other school stuff and the like; and add all other in-site duties as well. Of course, I'm to return as long as you're ok with it. ;)

And finally, the best of luck to all of you!!! Looking forward to the results! :D

Keep on topic, guys! :p

Final Reminder: Submissions must be due by 11 PM EST TONIGHT.

There are quite a few of you that have yet to turn something in. Unless you want to be dealt the penalty for the next round you sign up for, be sure to get your card in by the deadline!! :)

[P] - Froslass -- 90 HP
Keeper's Pokémon
Stage 1 (evolves from Snorunt)

[img=180x160]http://i.imgur.com/32pBs.png[/img]

Ability: Scared Stiff
As long as this Pokémon is your active Pokémon, all Energy attached to the Defending Pokémon are [P] Energy instead of their usual type.

[P] Shadow Force 30
Return this Pokémon and all cards attached to it to your hand.

[W][W] Frost Breath 50
Flip 2 coins. If either of them is heads, the Defending Pokémon is now Paralyzed.

Weakness: [P] Resistance: [C] Retreat: ___
It freezes prey by blowing its -58 degree F breath. It is said to then secretly display its prey.
BW wording.

RE: PokéBeach Create-A-Card: Oct. 2014 - Ghost (Submission Deadline TONIGHT)

Just letting you guys know, I started a new job last week and it's taking up huge chunks of time. I haven't been able to start judging yet (and I forgot to tell IA judging this month wasn't a good idea either)...results may be delayed. Sorry guys!

Finally...

Basic Giratina EX HP190
20px-Psychic-attack.png

Giratina_Origin_XY.gif

NO. 487 Renegade Pokémon HT: 22'08" WT: 1433.0 lbs.

TCGAbilityIcon.png
Spirit Puppet
This Pokémon can use the attacks of any Pokémon in play with a Spirit counter on it (both yours and your opponent's). The necessary Energy to use each of these attacks is
20px-Colorless-attack.png
less.

20px-Psychic-attack.png
20px-Psychic-attack.png
Spirit Link 30
If there are less than 2 Pokémon with a Spirit counter on it, you may place a Spirit counter on any Pokémon in play that doesn't already have a Spirit counter on it (yours or your opponent's). If you do, discard an Energy card attached to this Pokémon.

weakness
20px-Water-attack.png
x2 resistance
20px-Fire-attack.png
retreat

When a Pokémon-EX has been Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

------------------------------------------------------

Spirit counters are a new mechanic that I've introduced. If a Pokémon with a Spirit counter on it is damaged by an attack, any other Pokémon with a Spirit counter on it loses the same amount of Hit Points as the Pokémon that was damaged by the attack.

"Why Giratina and not Spiritomb for Spirit counters?", I hear you ask. Well it's my mechanic so I can do whatever I want *humph* :)p).

The weaknesses/resistances are because I've never seen Giratina with weaknesses/resistances to those types before :p.

(Not sure about wording >.>)

Keeper of Night said:
[P] - Froslass -- 90 HP
Keeper's Pokémon
Stage 1 (evolves from Snorunt)

[img=180x160]http://i.imgur.com/32pBs.png[/img]

Ability: Scared Stiff
As long as this Pokémon is your active Pokémon, all Energy attached to the Defending Pokémon are [P] Energy instead of their usual type.

[P] Shadow Force 30
Return this Pokémon and all cards attached to it to your hand.

[W][W] Frost Breath 50
Flip 2 coins. If either of them is heads, the Defending Pokémon is now Paralyzed.

Weakness: [P] Resistance: [C] Retreat: ___
It freezes prey by blowing its -58 degree F breath. It is said to then secretly display its prey.
BW wording.
Very nice! The balancing works quite well due to being a low HP Pokemon, it cripples half of the EXs.. except Mewtwo, which would be the card's main threat, IMO. I think I may have found my favourite...

Sorry I'm late.
NZ27Ijy.png

I had originally meant for this Rotom to introduce a new mechanic which I have 'creatively named "Surprise! Pokémon". The idea was to have single-copy Pokémon (akin to Ace Spec trainers) which could be played down out of nowhere, used immediately, and instantly change the path of a match, but at the cost of many resources and a Prize. Sadly, I was too busy to do all the work necessary to make the custom blanks for this, so we have a sort of halfway as a result. A card which looks too shiny to be a regular rare, but too regular to be a shiny rare.

Most of the original intended mechanics have thus been consolidated into the ability. The card may seem a bit weak at first, but consider that all you need is a specific Energy type (which, mind you, must be Basic since there are no Special Energies in the current format that provide a colored type from the hand), any other energy, and a Silver Bangle, and you're dealing enough to KO almost every top EX Pokémon with weakness. On the other hand, though, the number and specificity of the resources required to do so gives the card a degree of balance. That, and you immediately lose all of those resources afterwards, so you better make it count!

Wording is XY. Most of the unusual stuff can be found on Eevee FLF. Most of the rest is taken from miscellaneous sources I have long since forgotten (sorry...).

The EX bar was used because Rotom's arm (lightning bolt whatever) would cover the regular dex bar anyways.

You can find the raw art (in all its wonderful translucent glory) used for the card here.

Froslass 130 HP [P]

Ability: Chilling glare
When you evolve this pokemon during your turn, you may choose one of your opponents benched pokemon and switch it with their active pokemon. Choose a status condition, your opponents new defending pokemon is now affected by that condition. You may also place 3 damage counters on your opponents pokemon in any way you wish.

[P][P][C] The lament of the icy cave 60+
You may discard a special energy from froslass , this attack does 50 more damage if you discarded a special energy.

[P][P][P][C][C] Powerful ice 120+
If you have 1 Glalie and 1 Snorunt on your bench, this attack does 60+ more damage. If you also have 2 Froslass on your bench, you may place 4 damage counters on each of your opponents benched pokemon. Discard 3 [P] energy from froslass.

Weakness: [D]x2

Resistance: [M]-20

Retreat: [C][C][C]
Not good, I never did this for long time haha. I chose froslass from a random pokemon generator, it is a coincidence me and keeper of the night both have froslass.

Wow, I almost forgot about this. Guess I just lost track of time, weird. So apologies for the late entry.

STAGE 2 || Gengar || HP110 || [P]
Evolves from Haunter

094.gif

NO. 094 Shadow Pokémon HT: 4'11" WT: 89.3 lbs.

[Ability] Apparition Base
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may shuffle 1 [P] Pokémon from your discard pile back into your deck. If you do, discard 2 Item cards from your hand.

[P][P][C] Mischievous Shadows - 80-
You may discard the top card of your opponent's deck. If you do this attack does 80 damage minus 60 damage.

Weakness: [D] x2
Resistance: [F] -20
Retreat: [C]
It hides in shadows. It is said that if it is hiding, it cools the area by nearly 10 degrees Fahrenheit.​

~29 minutes remain!

I just realized there is a huge mistake on my card. Sorry, Athena.

Back