PokéBeach Create-A-Card June 2013! Congratulations Nekoban Ryo and Hegafire0!

PMJ said:
G.C,XX OASFGH FINE

gg everyone, will crush your puny dreams next month!!!

Also I just now noticed there's a pixel line below the name on my card, this is not my fault
Tsk tsk, not with that grammar you won't. It seems like everyone will crush the dreams of whoever is above you.

And you won't crush anyone's dreams either, because I, once more, shall beat you by one point and also get runner up! Hah! Dave Johnson we're done here.

Drats...didn't look like those likes payed off...

Gratz to Alex though, Alexpoke is jut perfect. And all of the runners up :)

(DNA you lied when you said you were gonna be more lenient than Asche)

PMJ said:
Also I just now noticed there's a pixel line below the name on my card, this is not my fault
There is? I didn't even notice.

Machamp the Champion said:
That should be 45, lol.
lol I can't count *fixes*

Blui said:
(DNA you lied when you said you were gonna be more lenient than Asche)

Wait, aschefield was more lenient than me? Darn. Oh well.
I know I'm a stickler for the wording, but am I really a stickler in all the categories?

I finally won one. Good job to everyone else that entered, and good luck next month.

BTW- DNA, can you send the score I would have got for the Toxicroak I originally entered?

Oh dang, thanks for reminding me! One moment; lemme pull it up.

Toxicroak HP100 [P]
[C][C] Charge Up
During your next turn, flip 4 coins instead of 2 coins for this Pokémon’s Poison Jab attack.
[P][P] Poison Jab- 30
The Defending Pokémon is now Poisoned. Flip 2 coins. For each heads, place an extra damage counter on the Defending Pokémon between turns.

Weakness- [P]
Resistance-
Retreat- [C]

Creativity/Originality: 18/20
Wording: 14/15
Believability/Playability: 15/15
Total: 47/50

"The Defending Pokemon is now Poisoned. Flip 2 coins. For each heads, put 1 more damage counter on the Poisoned Pokemon between turns."

Thanks! Glad I went with Gardevoir.

EDIT: Just realized that Garvdevoir would be amazing in Gothitelle/Mew. He could be active, having Gothitelle's item lock, and Mew-EX would let him have good attacks, and he can get out of the active position if necessary.

I do believe I alluded to that when grading it, yes.

Wait, what? I actually won? I was sure that Blui's Lugia EX would get it. I just figured I'd submit my entry for laughs, but not to actually win. Wow... Just "wow."

Thanks for the congratulations, guys! And congrats for text-based, Hega!

Good job to everyone else as well. Let's continue to improve together!

EDIT: @DNA: Please tell me everything you know about the wording used on Japanese cards. I'd like to continue making these as accurately as possible (well, as accurate as one can do with Google Translate or Babelfish). Also, I think a Sticky for card wording would be a good idea.

@Nekoban: I'm not exactly a Japanese buff - I mostly look at existing Japanese cards and recognize words and phrases that I see on other cards, and piece it together from there. (I was able to successfully translate, on my own, about half of Dragon Blast/Dragon Blade in this way, soon after it came out.)

What are you looking to know? Are you looking to know what common phrases in English would be in Japanese?

@CMP: I always appreciate the help. Contact aschefield and see if you can work an arrangement between you two. You can negotiate however you want - as long as I know who'll be judging the image-based portion, I'm happy.

DNA said:
What are you looking to know? Are you looking to know what common phrases in English would be in Japanese?

Yeah, pretty much. Also how status effects would be worded. E.g. "The Defending Pokémon is now Asleep" VS "The opponent's Battle Pokémon is now afflicted by Sleep?"

From what I could see, "Asleep" appears to be "Sleep" in Japanese, so it would look weird if it said "the opponent's Battle Pokémon is now Sleep."

I believe it's "The opponent's Battle Pokemon is now afflicted by Sleep", yeah. Lemme find an example...

http://pokebeach.com/scans/japanese/black-white-collection/026-black.jpg

Back