PokéBeach Create-A-Card: July 2014 - Legendary (Congrats to the winners!)

Luispipe8

Pokémon Professor
RE: PokéBeach Create-A-Card: July 2014 - Legendary

That's actually what we're doing, as soon as I get on the PC I'll send the results to IA so he can use his amazing Super Moderator powers to make a double post with them. Just a few hours, don't panic, people! xD

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member

Dude, I have amazing Super Moderator powers, too. Just saying. >_>

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member

PMJ & Athena: 1442/50, so amazing perfect that not only do we win this month, but we also win all possible future months. :p

Ice Arceus

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Advanced Member

*Deletes the post because sneaky staff can still see* :V

We're open to suggestions for next month's theme.

CMP

Now with 400% more Neo!

Athena said:
PMJ & Athena: 1442/50, so amazing perfect that not only do we win this month, but we also win all possible future months. :p
Perfect scores for at least the next 28 months!

Hitting the character limit is new; even when rounds would fill up last year we never hit it. It is kind of exciting though, as it means participation is high! That, or we just write too much (mostly me).

AlexanderTheAwesome

Go! Chandelure!

Ice Arceus said:
We're experiencing difficulties due to the word limit of the post. The results have been postponed until the morning.

Thanks for being patient guys! :)

There's a word limit on PB posts?

Yes. ~IA

Reggie McGigas

-

Delta Species, Pokemon EX, and new mechanics are my ideas I'd like to suggest. (I think we did the new mechanics one already, not sure)

CMP

Now with 400% more Neo!

As a judge, not sure if my vote counts, but I think Delta Species would be a great theme. Might be a difficult one for some Image fakers, but hey -- part of the fun, right?

Ice Arceus

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Advanced Member

And finally, here are the results!

Text Based:

Mr. Stoopid...? said:
Basic Jirachi HP70
TCGMind

385.gif

NO.385 Wish Pokémon HT: 1'00" WT: 2.4 lbs.

SF-Ability
Cometgazing
Once during your turn (before your attack), if you don't have a Jirachi in the Lost Zone, you may put this Pokémon from your hand into the Lost Zone. If you do, put a Time Counter on this Pokémon. At any time between turns, if this Pokémon is in the Lost Zone, put a Time Counter on this Pokémon. (You cannot have another Jirachi in the Lost Zone.)

SF-Ability
Millennial Wish
At any time between turns, if your Active Pokémon isn't a Pokémon-EX and the number of Time Counters on this Pokémon is 10 or more, take a Prize card. If your opponent's Active Pokémon is a Pokémon-EX, take 2 Prize cards instead. If your Active Pokémon is a Pokémon-EX, your opponent takes a Prize card.

weakness
TCGMind
x2 resistance
SF-None

retreat
TCGWhite

It is said to have the ability to grant any wish for just one week every thousand years.

Ok, a Jirachi. Let's wish you do right. xD Let's see:

Creativity/Originality: 20/20pts
No doubt. Using two Abilities is something unheard of as of the current era, and they are pretty unique too. Excellent!

Wording: 15/15pts
All the wording is fine, nothing to say here.

Believability/Playability: 13/15pts
The card is very good, I find it somehow balanced. It is kind of wacky in the way it messes with both players and limits both sides to play a non-EX. The only thing I'm deducting here is because I don't know if TCPi would make this sort of time-bomb thing, because well, if you start and send it to the Lost Zone in the first turn, you just have to send something like Bouffalant, or Wailord + Max Potion to tank for 5 turns: and then you start winning from there. Slowly but surely. It's not Broken Time-Space broken, so it's still believable. (got that pun?)

Amazing card overall, Feathers, I liked it a lot! Hope to see something as good or even better next month!

Total Score: 48/50pts
That Golem from Snowpoint Temple said:
[Basic] Mewtwo EX HP 170 [P]
mewtwo.gif

[Ability] Awakening
Once during your turn (before your attack), if this Pokémon is in your discard pile, you may flip a coin. If heads, put this Pokémon into your hand. If tails, put a Shock Marker on 1 of your opponent's Pokémon.

[P][C][C] Matrix Snapback 80
If your opponent's Active Pokémon has a Shock Marker attached to it, you may discard it. If you do, your opponent's Active Pokémon is now confused.

Weakness: [P] x2
Resistance:
Retreat: [C][C]

Shock Marker said:
If this Marker is attached to an Active Pokémon, flip a coin. If tails, that Pokémon can't attack during that Pokémon's turn.

Ok, just when I thought you would do Regigigas... XD Oh, well, let's see how this Mewtwo goes:

Matrix Snapback?! Where did that come from?! Anyways, amazingly creative card, unique effects and including a new Marker, that's great! Nice job here, Reggie!

Wording: 14/15pts
When it comes to punctuation or the like, you nailed it, but the Attack can be re-worded to make it more accurate according to XY wording:

He Didn't said:
You may discard a Shock Marker attached to your opponent's Active Pokémon. If you do, your opponent's Active Pokémon is now confused.

Reference: Pyroar FLF
Just a point there, but apart from that, excellent! :D

Believability/Playability: 15/15pts
In all honesty, I believe that this Mewtwo-EX should have been the one released in Next Destinies. It does have the power an EX should have, but does not suffer from the Power Creep the EXs have right now, it's a perfect balance. The right amount of Energy, a not-so-powerful added effect and a not really effective Ability to top it off! Nicely done! :D

See, Reggie, this is what I'm talking about, you're finally back!! :D Excellent work this time, keep on going! ;)

Total Score: 49/50pts
The Handed Wings said:
Ho-oh [R] HP 120

Ability: Rainbow Of Life
Once during a game on your turn (before you attack) you may shuffle your discard pile into your deck.

[R][R]Sacred Fire 30+
This attack does 30 more damage for each [D] and each [P] Pokémon in play (both yours and your opponents).

Weakness: [W] Resistance: [F] Retreat:[.][.]

Legends claim this Pokémon flies the world's skies continuously on it's magnificent seven-coloured wings.

You used some amazingly good effects here, Lugia, I'm not gonna lie. Both very original and quite unique, so, nice job here.

Wording: 13/15pts
I'm not taking point for bad wording, it's just because it can be reworded better. In the Ability, it should say "Once a game, during your turn (before your attack)...". Apart from those 2 small things, everything's all right.

Believability/Playability: 10/15pts
Ok, just let me get this straight: Getting a single card out of your discard pile is HUGE. You even need to waste a turn by attacking (Junk Hunt) or use an ACE-Spec to retrieve an Item or Trainer respectively; or when using Pull Out, that places a single card but on top of your deck, at risk of a Trick Shovel or likewise cards. My point here, is that shuffling your ENTIRE discard pile into your deck, with no drawback at all, is SO broken that not even making Ho-oh an EX could help it. I took the liberty to re-do your card and, apart from applying the suggestions I already told you, find a way to make this card somehow balanced:

Your pimped out car-d said:
Basic / Ho-oh
34px-Pok%C3%A9mon_EX.png
) / HP160
TCGFire

ho-oh.gif
SF-Ability
Rainbow Of Life

Once a game, during your turn (before your attack), you may Knock Out this Pokémon. If you do, shuffle your discard pile into your deck.

TCGFire
TCGFire
Sacred Fire 30+

This attack does 30 more damage for each
TCGDark
and
TCGMind
Pokémon in play (both yours and your opponent's).

Weakness:
TCGWater
x2
Resistance:
TCGRock
Retreat:
TCGWhite
TCGWhite

Pokemon-EX Rule
When a Pokémon-EX has been Knocked Out,
your opponent takes 2 Prize cards
Ps.: Phew, it's been 5 months since I last formatted a card, forgot how exhausting it was. XD
This way. the card would be SOMEHOW balanced. Shuffling your Discard Pile back is still huge, though, I don't really know how that would affect the game right now... D:

Edit Penalty: -2pts

So bottom line, the card was very creative, I really liked it. Sadly, the first thing that came to my mind when I read the Ability was "Broken Card". I'll be cool to see something like that IRL, though. :D Nice job, and I hope to see you next month! ;)

Total Score: 41/50pts
Destroyer of Time said:
BASIC || Mew || HP60 || [P]

151.gif

NO. 151 New Species Pokémon HT: 1'04" WT: 8.8 lbs.

[Ability] Communion
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may Knock Out this Pokémon. If you do, heal damage equal to the amount of damage on your opponent's Active Pokémon from each of your Pokémon. You can't use more than 1 Communion Ability each turn.

[P][P] Nature's Rebuttal 40+
If the Defending Pokémon is a Mega Pokémon, this attack does 80 more damage.

Weakness: [P] x2
Resistance:
Retreat: [C]
Its DNA is said to contain the genetic codes of all Pokémon, so it can use all kinds of techniques.

Alright, we had Mewtwo and now we have Mew! Let's dig in:

Creativity/Originality: 18/20pts
Well, we have another sacrifice here! It's a very good one, but still using a mechanic already introduced, so, 2 teeny-tiny points there. but pretty creative card apart from that!

The Ability should say "Heal damage from each of your Pokémon equal to the amount of damage in your opponent's Active Pokémon" instead; and the attack should read "If the Defending Pokémon is a Mega Evolved Pokémon"; OR "If the Defending Pokémon is a M-Pokémon-EX" to clarify. Apart from that, nicely done!

Believability/Playability: 14/15pts
This card looks pretty balanced to me. The card can be abused but not that much, and the attack's cost matches it's power. Nicely made!

Well, this card turned out good, Momaster, keep it up!

Total Score: 45/50pts
Vom...astar? said:
[Basic] Arceus EX HP180 [C]
arceus.gif

You may have as many of this card in your deck as you like.

14e49jm.jpg
Multitype
Once during your turn (before your attack) if there are any Energy cards in play or in either player's Discard Pile, you may flip 2 coins. If 1 of them is heads, this Pokémon becomes the type of one Energy card in either player's side of the field. If both of them are heads, your opponent's Active Pokémon' Weakness becomes [C].

[C][C][C] Alpha Blast 120
If you have 3 or more Arceus in play, and each of them is of a different type, discard all Energy of those types attached to all Pokémon in play, except this Pokémon. Then, if 12 or more Energy were discarded this way, shuffle all Basic Energy cardsin each player's Discard Pile back in their owner's deck.

Weakness: [F]x2
Resistance: -
Retreat: [C][C]
When a Pokémon EX has been Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize Cards.

Well, I believe this was going to happen sometime... let's judge the almighty!

Well, you just gave Multitype a great text, gotta give you that. And the attack, although a bit of a mess, is really original, so, nicely done here!

Wording: 12/15pts
In the Ability, it should say "If exactly 1 of them is heads, this Pokémon becomes the type of one those Energy cards in either player's side of the field.; and in the attack should be "shuffle all Basic Energy cards in each player's Discard Pile back into each player's deck". And I'm taking out a point for 2 typos: "Pokémon' Weakness" and "cardsin". Just try to be more careful next time, ok? ;)

Believability/Playability: 11/15pts
The card, as I feel it, is just unbalanced because about 80% of the time you'll hit for Weakness and OHKO what you have in front of you, and the "drawback" of having all your remaining Energy can be controlled by just not activating other Arceus' Abilities and run rampant to victory. I'd add [C][C] to the attack cost and make the drawback mandatory, even if there are no more Arceus in play. As so, even though it does have "Arceus-esque" power, I really can't see this being into a set, sadly.

Well, Vom, I was actually very excited to see how this Arceus would do. Take the suggestions in mind and come back next month, I believe you can do a nice job! ;)

Total Score: 43/50pts
Master of the Shadow Kingdoms said:
[DRG] Zygarde 130 HP
Basic
718.gif

Ability: Aura Break
Any damage done to this Pokémon is reduced by 10 for each Energy attached to your opponent's Active Pokémon (after applying Weakness and Resistance).

[F][G][C] Land's Wrath - 50+
Discard the top 3 cards of your opponent's deck. This attack does 50 more damage for each Energy card you discarded.

W: [DRG] R: [L] Retreat: [C][C]

It's hypothesized that it's monitoring those who destroy the ecosystem from deep in the cave where it lives.​

Well, the weird snake... cocoon... dragon... thingy... THAT POKÉMON, finally makes an appearance. Let's dig in.

The card itself is very original,Keeper, gotta say it. The attack does remind me a bit to Kyogre & Groudon LEGEND a bit, but that's from ages ago and doesn't matter. :p Also, nice Weakness/Resistance combo you did there, actually one of the 2 types it double resists. XD

No errors at all! Wait, did I just wrote that?! In KoN's card?! o_O That's improvement. :p Nicely done, pal.

The card is actually balanced, because it can only "smooth" low damage attacks. Lugia, BKEX, Rayquaza, Yveltal and many more things still OHKO it, and Special Conditions can go through that. I would actually love to see this as Zygarde's first card, is a very interesting one. Good Job!

Wow, Keeper, this card turned out to be way better than I thought! And you finally got perfect wording! Congratulations, and keep that work going!

Total Score: 50/50pts
Bowling Alley said:
Manaphy 80 HP [W]
Basic Pokémon
490.gif

#490. Seafaring Pokémon HT: 1'00", WT: 3.1 lbs.

[Ability] Hydration
At any time between turns, if Manaphy has any [W] Energy attached to it, heal
10 damage and remove all Special Conditions from Manaphy.

[C] Heart Swap
Reveal your hand. Your opponent discards a Supporter card found there and
uses it as if it were their own. Then, your opponent reveals their hand.
Discard a Supporter card you find there and use its' effect as the effect
of this attack.

[W][W] Deep Sea Mysteries
Reveal the bottom 5 cards of your deck. For each [W] Energy you find there,
flip a coin. If heads, attach it to 1 of your Benched Pokémon. If tails, put
3 damage counters on your opponent's Pokémon in any way you like. Shuffle any
remaining cards into your deck afterward.

Weakness - [L]
Resistance - none
Retreat - [C]

It is able to understand and bond with any kind of Pokémon. Born on the sea
floor, it remembers and returns to its' birthplace regularly.

Nice, the Sea Prince itself! :D Let's see:

When you earn them, your earn them. Amazingly original card, pretty good effects... There's nothing wrong with this card in terms of Creativity, Nicely done!

First, in BW/XY wording, it's "This Pokémon", not "*Pokémon Name*" when referring to itself. And also, but a really small thing, its the "and use its' effect as": To begin with, there should be no apostrophe, but even worse is placing it wrong. XDD I know it's a typo, but still try to be more careful. Apart from that, everything else is amazingly good.

The longer I think about this card, the more balanced I think it is. It's a nice gimmicky card that I cam perfectly see in any set, specially because it really can't be abused that much. Amazingly done!

Wow, Bowlerdude, that was an amazingly good card! Just one thing: Please, PLEASE don't use the x-small font again, it's horrendously difficult to read, I had to change it if you noticed. XD Hope to see more of this next month! :D

The shaded Squirtles!! said:
Basic Deoxys EX HP180
TCGMind

386.gif

SF-Ability
Psionic Discharge
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may have your opponent draw up to 3 cards. For each card drawn in this way, put 1 damage counter on one of your Pokémon. You may only use 1 Psionic Discharge Ability per turn.

TCGMind
TCGMind
TCGWhite
Psycho Boost 20+
This attack does 20 more damage times the number of cards in your opponent's hand.

weakness
TCGMind
x2 resistance

retreat
TCGWhite
TCGWhite

Pokémon-EX rule
When Pokémon-EX is Knocked Out your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

So you made this on your phone? Really couldn't tell! :D Let's analyze this DNA Sample:

An Ability that, in 99% of the cases(this card being one from the other 1%), helps your opponent is, well, of course creative, haven't seen much of those lately except for, of course, Hoothoot PLF, among others. :p Gotta give you that. And the attack is quite original too, there aren't a lot of attacks that are influenced by the amount of cards in your opponent's hands that I remember, so, excellent work!

Well, the card is perfectly written. I do think that in the Ability it should say "For each card your opponent draws in this way", just to be clearer, but since I found no real reference for that(at least not a recent one), you got that one. It's all good, then!

This card is actually pretty balanced, there aren't really good ways to abuse this apart from Hugh, and it still doesn't do astonishing damage because your opponent can just draw 1 card, leaving Deoxys' attack doing 140. You'd need both Muscle Band and HypnoBank to OHKO a 170HP EX, and also is an attack that can't be charged "the easy way", taking [P][P][C], It IS something I could see in an upcoming set. Excellent!

And once again, you surprise us all! This card turned out to be amazing! Can this be the birth of a new ace-faker? You kind of remind me of Teal when he used to fake. Anyways, fantastic job, and keep up the good work! :D

Total Score: 50/50pts
The big said:
Basic Arceus EX HP180 [C]
Arceus_XY.gif

Ability Type Advantage
ArceusEX's type is the same type as the Defending Pokemon's weakness. If the Defending Pokemon has no weakness, Arceus EX's type is [C].
[C] Thousand Arms
Put 3 damage counters on each of your opponent's Pokemon.
[C][C][C] Creation Blast 90
weakness resistance
retreat [C][C]
Pokemon-EX rule
When a Pokemon-EX has been Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

Legendary theme means 2 Arceus! xD And a 3rd one in Image too, so... :p Let's see if this is actually THE Arceus.

Creativity/Originality: 15/20pts
Well, the only thing that's actually creative about this one is the Ability. Both attacks are really common. I mean, the last one doesn't even have an additional effect! :p Is not bad, of course, but they're too simple to be an Arceus-EX. Be it a Dusknoir, or Chandelure, and you might have done better, but not with Arceus.

Wording: 12/15pts
First of all, as of BW/XY Era, you use "This Pokémon" instead of "*Pokémon Name here*". Then, you forgot to accent the é's in Pokémon. And finally, Weakness(as well as Resistance), when referred in text, go Capitalized.

Honestly, this card is pretty broken. Have some sort of Energy accelerator T1 as well as Arceus, attach a DCE on T2 and you start KO'ing EVERYTHING except for a handful of cards in the actual format. If the attack costed 5 Energy and you based the Ability in something else, you might have done it a bit better, but even the first attack is very powerful!!! D: Try to measure the impact your cards would have in the current format next time. ;)

The card looked promising ,Wigglytuff, I know you can pull out something good next month! ;)

Total Score: 37/50pts
The Four Armed... Hulk? said:
Basic // Giratina // HP130 [N]
giratina-origin.gif

NO. 487 Renegade Pokémon HT: 14'09'' WT: 1653.5lbs

[P] Wandering Spirits
Draw a card for each Supporter card in your discard pile. You can't draw more than 4 cards this way.

[G][C] Bellowing Uproar 60
Your opponent chooses 2 cards from your discard pile and puts them into your hand.

[G][P][P] Desolation 90+
This attack does 10 more damage times the number of cards in your hand. Then, discard your hand.

weakness [Y] X2
resistance
retreat [C][C][C]
It was banished for its violence. It silently gazed upon the old world from the Distortion World.​

The Challenge!!! :D Let's see how the renegade does!

Wow, completely original effects! Those attacks, the first non-EX Dragon Giratina is absolutely creative, nicely done!

No mistakes here, moving on...

Believability/Playability: 14/15pts
This card is very balanced, TBH. I can MAYBE see this card being a bit abused because of it's second attack, but the others can't be abused a lot. Nice, Machamp!

Wow, an amazing card this month, Machamp, keep that good work going! :D

Total Score: 49/50pts
The Australian Japan lover said:
Heatran BASIC 120 HP [R]
NO. 485. Lava Dome Pokémon. HT: 5'07" WT: 948.0 lbs.
[R][R] Heat is Running 30
This attack does 10 damage to each of your opponent's Benched Pokémon. (Don't apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokémon.)
[R][R][R] Heat Will Run
Place a Heat marker on each of your opponent's Benched Pokémon. When this Pokémon is Knocked Out, place one damage counter on your opponent's Pokémon for each Heat marker on it.
weakness [F] x2
resistance [P] -20
retreat cost [C][C][C]
"In physics, heating is transfer of energy, from a hotter body to a colder one, other than by work or transfer of matter. It occurs spontaneously whenever a suitable physical pathway exists between the bodies."

All right, the Lava Dome Pokémon. Always like this Pokémon... except when someone used Earthquake on me, that was brutal. XD Let's see:

The first attack is some what generic, but the attack names and the second one, with that new marker, kind of make it up! And nice W/R combo! Well done!

I honestly think that the second attack can we reworded, but since there is no reference for that, you have that in your favor. Perfectly made, Rev!

As I see this card, it can really be very balanced! There's no real way to abuse it extremely. I could see some potential Heatran/Dusknoir deck(And I would certainly play it), but it wouldn't be as powerful to keep up to fast decks. I'd actually love to see this made one day!

Fantastic job this month, rev3rsor, keep up the good work!

Total Score: 40/50pts
A Fire Pokémon said:
Basic / Shaymin / HP60 [G]
shaymin-sky.gif

NO. 492 Gratitude Pokémon HT: 1'04 WT: 11.5 lbs.

[C] Air Slash 30
Discard an Energy card attached to the Defending Pokémon.

[G][C] Seed Flare 40+
This attack does 40 more damage for each Energy attached to Shaymin. Then, discard all Energy attached to Shaymin.

weakness/resistance
[R] x2 [F] -20
retreat

The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude.

Nice, a Shaymin! Let's see how this one goes!

Creativity/Originality: 16/20pts
The attacks are not very creative, no new or interesting concepts applied here, so, some points there.

Wording: 14/15pts
Wording is excellent except for one thing: In BW/XY Wording, you use "This Pokémon", not "*Pokémon Name*". Good work here!

Believability/Playability: 11/15pts
Well, this card, TBH, is a bit scary: it's somewhat over-powered. For one Energy, to do damage AND discard an Energy from the opponent is big, and the second attack is very powerful with 3 Energy: You can play a Quad Shaymin deck a-la Heatmor to awesome results. XD Maybe change the second attack to 20+ (20 for each Energy) or to "20x" and add a [C] would be good for this.

This card wasn't that bad, honestly, it was just too common and unbalanced. Take notes and I hope you do better next time!

Total Score: 41/50pts
Basic - Hoopa EX - HP 160
20px-Psychic-attack.png

tumblr_mvm4pw2eHV1r5zhfoo2_250.png

NO. 720 Mischief Pokémon HT: 1’08″ WT: 19.8 lbs

SF-Ability
Hyperspace Hole
Prevent all damage done to this Pokémon by attacks from your opponent's Pokémon with less than 2 Energy cards attached to it.

20px-Psychic-attack.png
Mental Thrash 10+
This attack does 10 more damage for each of your Benched Pokémon.

20px-Psychic-attack.png
20px-Psychic-attack.png
Trick Room 60
Discard as many Energy cards attached to all of your Pokémon as you like, then you may discard that many Energy cards attached to your opponent's Pokémon in any way you like.

Weakness:
20px-Psychic-attack.png
x2
Resistance:
SF-None

Retreat:
TCGWhite

When a Pokémon-EX has been Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

Hacked, you're banned XD Ok, let's get to business:

Good job on the card overall, I have to say. The first attack is just a bit unoriginal, I mean, we've seen this before, but apart from that, excellent work!

Perfect wording, nothing to see here.

Well, this card is very well balanced, there really isn't a way to reliably keep discarding all of your opponent's Energy unless you either discard Hoopa's Energy the second time or use something like Blastoise or Emboar, but it would be a PAIN to do it. :p It's a nice trolly card, I like it!

Great job this month, Alex, as always, keep it up!

The 1 millionth Mod in the Contest said:
Ho-Oh & Lugia LEGEND Put this card from your hand onto your Bench with only the other half of Ho-Oh & Lugia LEGEND. HP 140
20px-Fire-attack.png
20px-Psychic-attack.png

LEGEND

ho-oh.gif
lugia.gif

20px-Psychic-attack.png
20px-Water-attack.png
Guardian Flow
You may put as many Damage Counters on Ho-Oh & Lugia LEGEND as you like. For each Damage Counter you put on Ho-Oh & Lugia LEGEND, you may put Damage Counters on your opponent's Active Pokémon until it has 10 HP left. Ho-Oh & Lugia LEGEND takes half the damage it would normally take during your opponent's next turn.

20px-Fire-attack.png
20px-Colorless-attack.png
20px-Colorless-attack.png

Phoenix Restore 130
Ho-Oh & Lugia LEGEND is healed of all Damage and Special Conditions.

A LEGEND card, nice, Brave! Let's see how this goes:

Creativity/Originality: 16/20pts
I just cant find a way to say it kindly, but, I'll just do it: this card is a mess, honestly. :p I mean, I can't fully understand the first attack, really, but, from what I see, it has some creativity in it, just too many effects for it. And the second one is not that ground breaking, so, those points down.

Wording: 10/15pts
I'd reword the attack like this:
20px-Psychic-attack.png
20px-Water-attack.png
Guardian Flow
You may put Damage Counters on your opponent's Active Pokémon up to the amount of damage counters in Ho-Oh & Lugia LEGEND and until your opponent's Active Pokémon has 10 HP left. Ho-Oh & Lugia LEGEND takes half the damage it would normally take during your opponent's next turn.

That can make it more clear, I'm taking 2 points there. And last, but not least: Where's the Weakness/Resistance/Retreat?!?! D: 1pt for each of those.

I know this is supposed to be a LEGEND: a hard card to get into play and with dual Weaknesses, complicated Energy costs and the 2 Prize drawback(except for the Lugia and Ho-Oh ones) that can balance its power a bit. The thing here is that the second attack has a very accessible attack cost and an outstandingly good effect. In that era, there wasn't a lot of things that could OHKO a Pokémon LEGEND(specially one without a Weakness. xD), and all that damage just goes down the drain with Phoenix Restore, while dealing damage that can OHKO a lot of things in that format and with NO DRAWBACK. I would have done something like:
Phoenix Restore 100
Heal 100 Damage and 1 Special Condition from Ho-Oh & Lugia LEGEND.
Looks better, right?

Well, Brenton, for a first entry this isn't THAT bad, just take notes for next time as I told you before and I'm pretty sure you can do an amazing job!

Total Score: 36/50pts

So, the top 3 are...:

3rd Place: 4 people place here: Scorched Feathers, bowlerdude04, rev3rsor and AlexanderTheAwesome all get 48pts out of their entries. Kudos!
2nd Place: A tie between Reggie McGigas' Mewtwo-EX and [mod]Machamp The Champion[/mod]'s Giratina, whose submissions got an almost flawless result of 49/50pts! Great job!
1st Place: A tie between the persistent Keeper of Night with his Zygarde and the rising star SquirtleSquad along his Deoxys-EX, both scoring the perfect 50/50pts!!! Congratulations to both of you!

Ice Arceus

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Advanced Member

Image Based:

Amperglyph:
MespritEntry_zpseeb00d26.png

I really like the changes you’ve made to the borderless blank, Amperglyph! It does seem more…Pokémon-y. There are still some things I’d change, but even the subtle changes you’ve made are a definite improvement! The shading and textures you’ve added to the Dream World art are a very nice touch, too. The HP is perfect for an XY-era Mesprit. Middle Ground is an attack very fitting for a Mesprit (utilizing Azelf and Uxie), although given the attack costs [P] and Azelf is a Basic Pokémon, I might’ve made the attack do 10 more damage for each Azelf on your Bench instead. Would’ve given the effects more symmetry, too (10 more damage and/or heal 10 damage). Sympathetic Magic is a nice nod to the VG ability Synchronize. Going by XY wording, however, the attack should read, “If this Pokémon is Burned, Confused, or Poisoned, your opponent’s Active Pokémon is also Burned, Confused, or Poisoned. Then, remove all Special Conditions from this Pokémon.” Special Conditions are always listed alphabetically (see Venusaur SV. Damage is good, though! It could just be me (or the anti-alias you’re using), but it looks like the name of the first attack is a size or two larger than the second attack. Not much of a different, but it’s enough to be noticeable. And again, I think your leading is too great between lines and it’s somewhat distracting – take a look at BW/XY cards and you’ll see there’s less space between lines. I’d also consider bring in the effect text box a little bit and lining up the damage with the text box as the current cards do. I like the happy face background, but I think the card might look better without the single one in the foreground – it takes away from Mesprit. Otherwise, I’m loving it. Each month you’re getting better and better – it’s wonderful to see. So now, Amperglyph, I think it’s time for you to make your own thread here!

Creativity/Originality: 19.5/20
(Nice attacks, cool blank)
Wording: 14/15
(Small wording errors in the second attack
Fonts and Placement: 9/10
(The leading is definitely distracting, and there may be a size discrepancy between attack names)
Believability/Playability: 4.5/5
(Damage and passing a Special Condition onto the Defending Pokémon -- great second attack; with the first attack, it’d be interesting to see you make Azelf and Uxie cards to see just how good the synergy would be)
Total: 47/50

anabel1406:
2nj8zo6.jpg

We haven’t seen a Metal-type Dialga since Gen IV – I like your choice of choosing to represent its primary type, anabel! HP seems decent, although I could see it being a bit higher by today’s standards – 110, 120, or even 130 (Reshiram and Zekrom both featured 130 HP). Attacks are fine, if a little bland – there’s nothing too creative about drawing a card and a coin flip for additional damage. To The Future should be properly worded, “Flip a coin. If heads, draw a card.” The second attack might be a tad overpowered, but Dialga’s low HP makes up for it. Although the FA blank visual hides errors well, you do have some placement issues. To start, I’d move the Energy costs about 6 pixels to the left (enough for the left edge of the first Energy to be a few pixels left of the bar about W/R). Also consider extending your effect text boxes a couple pixels to the left (a few pixels to the right of the same line discussed above). Then, make sure there’s equal distance between text and card border on either side. Your attack damages aren’t lined up, either (move the 40 about a pixel to the left and the 90+ about 2 pixels to the left). When a Pokédex entry is short, it ends a line sooner, leaving a larger gap at the bottom, but it appears you instead centered the Pokédex text in the box – move the entire thing up about 4 pixels. I’d also suggest moving the “Illus.” text to the right, closer to the card number (and preferably find out the correct illustrator – I think it is TPCi in this case).¬ The card does look really nice, though – excellent choice of background! Good to see you back this month, anabel!

Creativity/Originality: 17/20
(Legendaries often feature cool, innovative attacks, and unfortunately Dialga is a little disappointing in that regard)
(Errors in the first attack)
Fonts and Placement: 6/10
(Incorrect placement for Energy cost, effect text, attack damages, Pokédex text, and illustrator text)
Believability/Playability: 4/5
(A higher HP and more creative attacks would’ve made the card seem more believable)
-2 points (for editing)
Total: 39/50

Arcticwhite:
15x4zzs.jpg
Editor's note: It's nice to see that CMP finally got to write your name right, all of those times DNA pointed it turned out to work... long term. xD

It’s great to see Arcticwhite back in the fray, and dare I say her artwork has gotten even better. Seriously loving the art here! Beautiful card overall, though I really, really prefer the non-animated card. Looks like the card name should be moved down a pixel, and the size looks to be slightly too big. HP should be moved slightly to the left, and also needs to be a smaller font. In the stats bar, you need a space in between the weight total and the ‘lbs.’ The Ability symbol should be moved to the left more, with the attack cost following suit (they need to line up). The Ability and attack names should also be moved to the left (the attack name slightly moreso as they need to align and right now the attack name is placed further to the right). The Ability should read, “Once during your turn (before your attack), you may discard any number of basic Energy cards attached to this Pokémon. During this turn, each of this Pokémon’s attacks does 20 more damage to the Active Pokemon (before applying Weakness and Resistance) for each Energy discarded in this way.” Wording was based off of both Altaria DRE 84 and the Swords of Justice promos (with the Justified Ability). The Ability text box needs to be extended a few pixels to the left and about a pixel to the right. Make sure it’s equidistant from both sides of the card border. Your attack text box doesn’t line up with the Ability box, but it should be lined up to the specifications I listed above. You might want to move the text up a few pixels to match the space between the Ability symbol and text box. There seems to be a bit too much leading (the space between lines). Your Weakness symbol should line up with the effect text, and the ‘x2’ and ‘-20’ look slightly too bold. The RC should be moved about 13 pixels to the right. The Pokédex text needs to be moved to the right. I’m glad you’ve come back, Arcticwhite, and I can’t wait to see what you come up with next month!

Creativity/Originality: 18/20
(Not bad, but nothing really stands out)
Wording: 13/15
(Missing a space between the weight and ‘lbs.’, incorrect wording of the Ability, wrongly capitalization of ‘Basic’, misspelled ‘freezing’)
Fonts and Placement: 6/10
(Misplaced/large card name and HP, misplaced Ability symbol, misaligned Ability/attack names and effect text boxes, Pokédex font should be moved to the left, leading too great)
(Some minor errors, but great overall)
Total: 41.5/50

Auride:

S0rtx71.png

Always nice to see a fresh face in CaC! Rayquaza is a nice choice, as the ORAS hype train is still rolling. HP is fitting for a Rayquaza and placement looks good. The stats bar font, though, is incorrect – you can tell by comparing the ‘g’ in ‘Sky High.’ The correct font should be Frutiger LT Std. Wording for the Ability is good, but the name ‘Air Lock’ is too close to the Ability symbol. Next time, try spacing out the Ability and attack a little bit, as real card tend to do. I’d consider ripping your own Fire symbol, too, as the existing one has some white artifact that almost makes it look like it’s a pixel higher than the Lighting symbol (I had to zoom in Photoshop to make sure). Is your attack damage bolded? It looks a little too thin. There are some problems with the attack’s wording…always remember to capitalize ‘Knocked Out’ and ‘Prize.’ Correct wording should be, “If the Defending Pokemon would be Knocked Out by this attack, your opponent takes a Prize card.” I like the drawback there, which keeps the card balanced. Effect texts are well-centered. However, the leading (space between lines) is too great…shoot for a leading ±3 of your text size. I think a [C][C] Retreat Cost might be better suited, even with the attack’s KOing drawback. Otherwise, everything looks great! I’m looking forward to seeing you take part in more CaCs, Auride!

(Nothing too revolutionary, although the drawback to a two Energy, 100 damage attack is pretty nice)
Wording: 13.5/15
(Incorrect wording in the attack, missed capitalization on ‘Knocked Out’ and ‘Prize’)
Fonts and Placement: 7.5/10
(Incorrect stats bar font, Ability name too close to symbol, Ability and attack spaced tightly, leading too great, attack damage doesn’t look bold enough)
(Would’ve preferred a RC of [C][C] even with Ozone Bomb’s drawback, but Air Lock is wonderful and would absolutely see use)
Total: 43.5/50

bigfootaus:

m_mewtwo_y_ex_by_jedi201-d7pavf4.png

Mega. Woah. A very cool interpretation of Mega Pokémon! And you made your own artwork! Not a big deal, but I’d suggest putting a black outline around Mewtwo in the evocon. I’m also wondering why you didn’t center Mega Mewtwo – it looks somewhat disjointed with the Psychic symbol above and the Mega stone below. Again, though, it’s not a big deal. In the first Ability (Mega Telepathy), remember that the Pokémon TCG always uses numbers instead of spelling them out. Also, the ‘cards’ in ‘Prize cards’ isn’t capitalized. Proper wording should be more akin to, “Once during your turn (before your attack), you may discard 2 Supporter cards from your hand. If you do, choose 1 of your face-down Prize cards and put it face up. (That card remains face up for the rest of the game.)” (Wording from Mawile GE 24). Seems a steep cost for flipping just 1 Prize card, so I’d suggest turning all of them over. Starting in the BW-era, Special Conditions no longer use the ‘Defending Pokémon’ term, so the proper wording would be, “If your opponent’s Active Pokémon has a [P] Weakness, your opponent’s Active Pokémon is now Paralyzed.” Additionally, the attack names seem a little high (or the Energy cost a little low), but there shouldn’t be as much of a difference as there is. The Energy costs are spaced out a little bit more than most XY cards are. (compare yours to Meowstic, wherein the Energy symbols are almost on top of each other). The second Ability (Energized Race), should probably be worded differently as well. Try ”Prevent all damage done to this Pokémon by attacks from your opponent's Pokémon which have fewer Energy attached to it than this Pokémon.” (From Klinklang PS 90). Wording looks good in Psymageddon (great name, by the way!), except ‘discard pile’ shouldn’t be capitalized. I think the ‘x2’ is a tad too close to the Psychic symbol, but it’s not a big deal. I’m assuming you had to condense the font a little bit to fit it all, but it does look a little too condensed for XY-era. What width are you using? You’ve really made me work this month, bigfoot – I’ve had to do a lot of research! Regardless, I’m loving the card. The new Mega mechanic is well thought out, and just plain awesome!

Creativity/Originality: 20/20
(A very well-deserved score)
Wording: 10.5/15
(Spelled out ‘two’ and ‘one’, ‘Cards’ incorrectly capitalized, ‘discard pile’ incorrectly capitalized twice, wording errors in Mega Telepathy, Psycho Slam, Energized Race)
Fonts and Placement: 8.5/10
(Attack names too high in comparison to Energy cost, Energy cost spaced out, condensed effect text)
Believability/Playability: 3/5
(As awesome as it is, even LEGEND cards only contained a standard card’s worth of attacks, Mega Telepathy Ability not worth the 2 Supporter discard)
Total: 42/50

Camoclone:
Shayming3_zps465089d0.png

Another new challenger joins the fray this month! I really like how you used your own artwork, too! Very cool. As asche pointed out, it’s never a good idea to resize blanks, though – they come out blurry and not the way the creator intended. I’d also suggest downloading GIMP (it’s free) or other editing software – I think older versions of Photoshop might actually be available for free as well! Take a look at the resources sticky and the deviantART resource group, as you’ll be able to find blanks, fonts, etc there. As I’m sure you know, each of the fonts you used are incorrect, but there are issues with placement as well. The card name should be moved down a couple pixels, the Ability symbol/name up 7 pixels/right 4 pixels, Energy cost to the left 2 pixels, effect text 1 pixel to the right (and the text box should be justified and equidistant to each side of the card border, though I’m not sure you can do that in PowerPoint). The Ability/attack names should be bolded, too. Proper wording for the Ability should be, “When you play this Pokémon from your hand onto your Bench, you may search your deck for a Pokémon card, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Shuffle your deck afterward.” Nature’s Gift should read. “Your opponent chooses 1 Special Condition. The Defending Pokémon is now affected by that Special Condition.” Remember to always capitalize ‘Special Condition,’ ‘Defending,’ and ‘Pokémon.’ A card number is always fun, even if it’s just ‘CaC1’ or ‘Camo 1’ – makes it a little more realistic, too! For your first card, you did pretty well, Camo – you should be proud! Take some time to review the resources out there and you’ll be well on your way to becoming a great image-based faker!

(Nothing about the attacks stands out in particular)
Wording: 12.5/15
(Some missteps with both Ability and attack effects, missed capitalizations on ‘Special Condition’ and ‘Defending Pokémon’, missed accent in ‘Pokémon’ in the attack)
Fonts and Placement: 3/10
(Incorrect fonts, misplaced card name, Ability, effect text, etc)
(I’d like to see a set number, but otherwise it could be a useful card to set up with)
-2 points (for editing)
Total: 36/50

Delta & GadgetJax:
tumblr_n9dm9pSESY1snsyxqo1_500.png

The colorful artwork is well representative of Meloetta’s fun nature! Placement of the card name looks good, though I’d suggest moving the HP a few pixels to the left, as it’s a little close to the Energy symbol (and can’t help but shake the idea that 80 HP might be better, but that’s neither here nor there). I’m not quite sure what font you’re using for the stats bar, but it looks a little off – are you using Frutiger LT Std (or thereabouts)? Additionally, there needs to be a space in between the weight total and the ‘lbs.’ The Ability symbol needs to be moved at least a couple pixels to the left (with the attack cost following suit to line up with the Ability symbol). I really like the Ability, and wording checks out! I would suggest, though, moving the entire effect text box a pixel left. Strangely, your attack effect text box doesn’t line up with the Ability text box, and should be moved right about two pixels. Additionally, you need to line up the attack name with the Ability name. Remember that when faking BW/XY to always line up the attack damage with the effect text box. I’d also consider moving the Weakness symbol to the right, in order to line it up with the effect text. Retreat Cost should be moved up a pixel (not taking points off for it), but it should also be moved to the right about three pixels. On official cards, the Illus. text and set number (and often the set symbol) are a few pixels higher than the copyright text, so I’d suggest moving that up on your card. Some minor stuff here and there (I’d move the bottom two lines of the Pokédex entry to the left a pixel or two) but nothing major. Asche has released updated blanks, so it might be worth it to take a look! Overall, though, the Delta/Jax duo has proved to be pretty formidable opponents. This begs the question: will they team up in future months? I think we’d all love to see it happen again!

Creativity/Originality: 18.5/20
(Nice Ability and attack, but nothing particularly ground breaking)
Wording: 14.5/15
(Missing a space between the weight and ‘lbs.’)
Fonts and Placement: 7/10
(Odd stats bar font, misaligned effect text boxes and Ability/attack names, attack damage, and W/RC symbols)
Believability/Playability: 5/5
(I could definitely see this as a real Meloetta card)
Total: 45/50

Heavenly Spoon:

1a365OV.png

Back to the roots with an e-card, with wonderful RB throwback artwork! I love it. Comparing your Mew to an e-card Mew, it appears that the HP (and card name, by extension) is placed a little too high – the bottom of your name/HP lines up with the bottom of the eye in the symbol, whereas they were almost lined up with the bottom of the symbol itself on actual e-cards. Not a huge issue, but it was enough to notice at first glance. I love the Poké-Power; I’ve always enjoyed cards, such as Base Electrode and the Holon cards, which allowed you to use them as Energy. You melded that mechanic with the common Mew ability to use other Pokémon’s attacks and it turned out wonderful, especially in combination with the attack. Using the wording from Blaine Gym Challenge, though, I’d suggest adding ‘instead’ in between ‘you may’ and ‘attach’ – so it would read, “…instead of attaching your free Energy card, you may instead attach…” Yes, it’s redundant and repetitive and redundant, but that’s one of the only examples we have of a similar effect in the Wizards era. I’m also not sure I’d word the second part of the Poké-Power that way, either, especially since there are Wizards-era cards that allow you to use other cards’ attacks as your own (Alakazam Expedition), but for space purposes the newer-era wording is fine. Perhaps the type clause would be beneficial (Wizards-era cards were wordy), though. The ambiguity of Warp Away’s wording has been brought up, so if the card were printed today, I could see the card getting errata’d to clarify the intended effect (something like, “Move all damage counters from 1 of your Benched Pokémon to Mew, then return that Pokémon and all cards attached to it to your hand.”). Also, remember to always use numbers instead of spelling them out (‘1’ vs ‘one’). The leading is again too great between lines, and it appears as if there’s a greater spacing between the last two lines in attack effect text than the first two. I know you’re probably using a symbol sheet (so I’m not taking points off), but the Energy symbol is too large for the blank. To give you an idea, it’s very similar in size to the symbols used on the Pokébeach card scans, while the blank itself is much smaller. Additionally, from the research I’ve done, the attack cost should be roughly centered between the border and the attack name/effect.¬ Everything else checks out. Great job, Spoon (or should I call you cute-mew now?)!

Creativity/Originality: 19.5/20
(Great combination of using Pokémon as Energy with Mew’s common ability of using the attacks of other Pokémon)
(Though redundant, add in another ‘instead’, clarify the attack, use of ‘one’ instead of ‘1’)
Fonts and Placement: 8.5/10
(HP [and in turn, name] are a few pixels too high, attack cost should be more centered, leading is inconsistent in the attack text and too great in most cases)
Believability/Playability: 5/5
(With a Poké-Power and attack that pair wonderfully, this could’ve been a real card in the e-card era)
Total: 46.5/50

Huderon of Canossa:

Yveltal1_zps1398caeb.png

HoC’s sophomore CaC is certainly a beautiful one! This might be one of the most realistic custom blanks I’ve seen yet. Nice, simple, and very similar to the official templates. To address some concerns you made in your post: the Energy symbols themselves, while different from what’s been used in the past, look great and their subtle gradient blends work well with the gradient used in the illustration border. The part of the illustrator frame cut out underneath the type symbol looks fine to me. And, I must say, I’m just in love with this card. As you mentioned in your post, the attacks capture Yveltal perfectly – a being of destruction which leeches off of other living beings. As I’ve stated prior, I love cards which allow you to use them as Energy, and in both Heavenly Spoon’s Mew and your Yveltal, the concept works perfectly. I might make a few changes to Take-In’s wording…when you heal Yveltal, is it based on the number of cards you just attached, or the total number of cards attached to Yveltal? Some clarification might help, especially in the case of making sure you mention only Pokémon that are attached (the way it reads now, it almost seems like it means any cards attached to it, including Energy cards and the like). Perhaps something like, “…times the number of Pokémon cards attached in this way.” I might also suggest setting a maximum number of Pokémon that Yveltal can have attached to it. You need a period after “time.” Riot Ballista is a fun attack, too. I’d change the wording a bit, though…”...attached to this Pokémon. If that card is a Pokémon…If it is not a Pokémon…” I based the wording on Ether (Plasma Storm 121). I like the drawback of the attack, too – keeps it balanced, while also making sense in terms of Yveltal itself. W/R/RC look good (I love the ‘x2’ used for RC), and the quote instead of the Pokédex entry is a cool choice. I can’t see it working for all Pokémon, but definitely legendaries. What a beautiful combination of self-made artwork, self-made blanks, and wonderful attacks. Bravo, HoC!

(I love the effort you put into both Ability and attack)
(Just minor things, really, but some clarification on the first attack is necessary I think)
Fonts and Placement: 10/10
(Can’t spot any issues here)
(Perhaps limiting the number of Pokémon Yveltal can have attached total might work to keep it balanced)
Total: 48/50

Mora:

Articuno_zpse275f351.png

As I’m somewhat of a Neo-era connoisseur, it’s always a dangerous idea to submit a Neo-era card to CaC! However, I think you’ve done a pretty good job (even if you aren’t using Redux blanks… :p). I’d recommend moving the card name down a pixel or two. The HP font you used looks incorrect; it should be Futura Std Heavy. The stats text looks a little off, too – too wide, perhaps? It should be Gill Sans Bold Italic at 86% width. The holosheet seems to cover Articuno (and doesn’t really glow), so it might look better without. If you’d like help with how to use a holosheet, I’d be glad to give you some pointers! The Energy cost in the first attack and the Color symbol in the second attack need to be moved over two pixels to the right. I love the fact you used Hail, though – there was only one card in the Neo-era that used a similar attack, and it was Larvitar. It’s nice to see Hail get some recognition! The text box in Hail needs to be moved over three pixels to the left to be one pixel to the right of the left edge of the second ‘s’ in ‘weakness.’ Wording for Hail should be, “Does 10 damage to each non-[W] Pokémon in play. Don’t apply Weakness and Resistance.” When the first part of the attack text is describing what it does, you can start with that (without “This attack does…”). I also think it might be better if the Energy cost was [W][W], as Neo Discovery Pupitar had a near identical attack and it was a Stage 1. Move the attack damage in Ice Storm to the left a few pixels. Not sure 50 is a good damage, either – I’d say [W][W][C] on a Legendary Basic would do either 30 or 40 in the Neo-era. For comparison’s sake Genesis Kingdra, a Stage 2, did 50 for [W][W][W][W]. Revelation Raikou 22 did 30 with a possible 20 more (to a Benched Pokémon) for [L][L][L]. The W/RC symbols look a little small, too. Speaking of W/RC, in the Base-Neo eras, Articuno had no Weakness and a [F] Resistance (since it’s part Flying). The Steel Weakness I can excuse, since the Skyridge Articuno had it, but it would’ve been nice to have a [F] Resistance. Also, remember to put “Illus.” before listing the illustrator’s name. I know we’ve talked about this before, but I’m of the opinion you need to put the copyright info on the blanks: “I'd assume that NOT putting the copyright on would more likely be an infringement than putting in on. Putting it on acknowledges that you're not the holder, and that it belongs to the proper parties.” Otherwise, very nicely done!

(Nice to see Hail in the TCG, but the second attack has no additional effect)
(Wording error in the first attack, even with more current wording styles)
Fonts and Placement: 7.5/10
(Lots of small errors, strange looking HP and stats bar font)
Believability/Playability: 4/5
(I think a Neo-era Articuno would do slightly less damage)
Total: 43.5/50

Nod3:

xFMkH4q.png

Very cool concept here, Noddeh! It’s vaguely reminiscent of the LEGEND cards, but easier to play (in theory). I like how you’ve taken several steps (x3 [F] Weakness, attack costs, forced Energy discard on the Bench) to limit its play/set-up, although I’m still not sure if 200 HP is low enough, especially with Arceus being immune to three different Special Conditions. In the rule, you need to capitalize ‘Bench.’ Fleeting Strike, even with the effect and card rule, might be a little too OP – based on past cards with a similar effect, I’d suggest changing the damage to 40. Smite looks good, although you need to use ‘each Energy’ instead of ‘every Energy.’ Additionally, I would suggest bolding the ‘x’ in the attack damage, and lining it up with the ’30’ as seen in the example here. While it’s true that the word ‘judgement’ can be spelled that way, in the games, the attack is spelled Judgment (sans the ‘e’). And damn, 30 damage counters in the ex-era was a lot! There isn’t anything from that era that it wouldn’t Knock Out (until XY, the highest HP was 200), so you’ll be flipping a coin every time. I’m sure you were going for the “Arceus is the Creator/all-powerful” aspect, but it seems to be powerful just for power’s sake, with the Prize card drawback tacked on to try to balance it. And while it’s true that not taking a Prize could hurt your chances of winning, it’s still a KO and it means that’s one less Pokémon your opponent can play. Getting Arceus to the point where it can use Judgment is difficult, sure, but I think you could make it 15 or 20 damage counters and still achieve the same results (and with the max HP in that era being 200, 20 could be more poetic). Also, the ‘card’ in ‘Prize card’ doesn’t need to be capitalized. I’m somewhat confused as to why Arceus has a [D] Resistance, as it should be [P], if anything. I really like the concept you have here, Noddeh, but I’d tweak it a bit. Perhaps get rid of the three Special Condition immunities, lower the HP to 180 (or thereabouts), and it would work in my eyes just a little bit better. It’s still a damn creative card, and I’d love to see you expand the idea further. Awesome stuff!

(Very unique mechanic)
Wording: 13/15
(Missed capitalizing ‘Bench,’ use of ‘every’ instead of ‘each,’ use of ‘Judgement’ instead of the in-game spelling, capitalizing ‘card’)
Fonts and Placement: 9.5/10
(Bold the ‘x’ multiplier and move down in line with damage)
Believability/Playability: 3/5
(LEGEND cards exist, so I could see a concept similar to this making it’s way into the TCG eventually (if a little less powerful), plus [D] Resistance?)
Total: 45.5/50

PMJ & Athena:

vX6edrk.png

Swanky Keldeo! Lovin’ it. HP for Keldeo is usually all over the place – from 80 to 110 in the BW era alone, so 100 HP seems about right. Wording seems good for Midnight Training; it’s a useful Ability with a very fitting name (and works well for a Keldeo). Riposte is interesting, too – I like where you were going with it, but since it functions similarly to a Counter (but with set damage), I’d eliminate the “during your opponent’s turn” caveat altogether and just make its base damage 0 and read, “During your opponent's next turn, if this Pokémon is damaged by an opponent's attack (even if this Pokémon is Knocked Out), do 60 damage to the Attacking Pokémon.” The latter part of the wording is taken from Neo Destiny Shining Mewtwo. You’re correct in that it’s obvious Keldeo would have to be Active to use it, but it might not be so obvious to everyone. The damage works well with the cost, though! I learn more and more about BW placement every month, and it would appear that the Weakness symbol lines up with the edge of the effect text, so move the symbol over 1 pixel (and no, I’m not taking points off for it – it’s a small thing that might be incorrect on font guides and such). Since the attack is dependent on it taking damage, I think a RC of [C] might work better. Otherwise, a great display (as always) from the Deadly Duo!

Creativity/Originality: 19/20
(Interesting twist in the attack, but not completely sure it works)
Wording: 14.5/15
(I see no errors from what’s there, but I think the attack could be made more clear without really changing the meaning)
Fonts and Placement: 10/10
(Just move the Weakness over to the left 1 pixel next month)
(Relatively playable, with fitting attacks for a Keldeo, although a RC of [C] might be better)
Total: 48/50

And the top 3 are as follows:

3rd Place: Heavenly Spoon gets 3rd place with his ancient Mew, scoring 46.5pts. Nice job!
2nd Place: Here's Amperglyph, with his custom blank portraying Mesprit and a score tag of 47pts. Good work, Amperglyph!
1st Place: And we have a tie! The Dynamic Duo of PMJ & Athena with their Keldeo tie alongside Huderon of Canossa's custom blank with Yveltal; both entries getting a score of 48pts! Fantastic job for both submissions, congratulations to the three of you!

And we reach the new part of the Contest. The Fan Votes!

Text-Based:
Scorched Feathers - 2
Vom - 1
Keeper of Night - 2
bowlerdude04 - 1
Machamp The Champion - 5
rev3rsor - 1

Text-based Winner: [mod]Machamp The Champion[/mod]

Image-Based:

Heavenly Spoon - 3
Auride - 1
BigfootAUS - 3
Huderon of Canossa - 11
Camoclone - 1
Anabel1406 - 2
Amperglyph - 2
Nod3 - 3
Mora - 1
Arcticwhite - 2

Image-based Winner: Huderon of Canossa

So that's a wrap! This was indeed a very interesting month, good work overall! I hope to see you guys and hopefully more next month, in the wackiest Contest to date! See you around! :D And comments are, as always, welcome. ;)

Luispipe8

Pokémon Professor

Athena said:
Dude, I have amazing Super Moderator powers, too. Just saying. >_>

Well, when choosing between handing the whole results to the host or to one of the contestants, it's an obvious choice. :p Because things like this would happen:
Athena said:

CMP said:
Hitting the character limit is new; even when rounds would fill up last year we never hit it. It is kind of exciting though, as it means participation is high! That, or we just write too much (mostly me).
I actually checked the length properly and we both gave big speeches. You usually do already (lol), but I can say it's one of the month's I've written the most. And don't forget that there was also the Fan Votes part missing... yeah.

Xdog

Pokemon X(dog) and Y

(In the ranking for image based, Amperglph did Mesprit and HoC did Yveltal)

Congrats everyone, the submissions were great! I think Delta Species would be a really fun, flexible theme.

Fixed. Thanks for the catch. ~IA

Luispipe8

Pokémon Professor

Xdog said:
(In the ranking for image based, Amperglph did Mesprit and HoC did Yveltal)

Congrats everyone, the submissions were great! I think Delta Species would be a really fun, flexible theme.

About the standings. that was my bad. :p

And I liked the wacky theme I suggested IA... TT.TT Well, I guess Delta Species wouldn't be THAT bad of a theme. It might actually be interesting to see a Fire Type Delta Yveltal. I just hope we stick to current wording and assume it's a re-introduction of the mechanic, because I'd hate to judge cards from ex-Era only... ;/

Scorched Feathers

Aspiring Trainer
RE: PokéBeach Create-A-Card: July 2014 - Legendary [Results]

Pff I knew I'd lose on Believability Points-OH GOD KON WON CRAP
Congratulations to everyone, can't wait to see what happens next month!

AlexanderTheAwesome

Go! Chandelure!

Darn you originality points! I thought I was on such a roll after last month too lol

Reggie McGigas

-

Yay, 2nd place again! Satisfied with the result, next time I'm going to get first :>

I may or may not have watched the matrix before making the card

Next month should be flying types.

Mora

Don't Panic

I though Gill Sans was the right font family for almost everything with the Neo blanks. What are the right fonts? Is there a link to a guide or something?

Also, sorry about the copyright on the blanks. I just submitted something I had already done without really looking at it. I'll try to fix that going forward!