PokéBeach Create-A-Card: July 2014 - Legendary (Congrats to the winners!)

Ice Arceus

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
cac_july14_zps264f15e4.jpg

Welcome to the July round of Create-A-Card!

This month we will be focusing on Legendary Pokemon (suggested by [member]GadgetJax[/member]).

In this round, you will have to choose a Legendary Pokemon to base your card around. As an artist, you will not be restricted to a specific card era when creating your card.

Also, starting this round card maker (websites) are officially banned from this contest. These websites kill the creativity aspect of the contest and don't exemplify the skills of the individual that we're looking for.

In addition to that rule being added, we're also adding Member Voting. Members are free to vote for ONE text-based entry and ONE image-based entry. You may simply "like" the participant's submission post or PM Ice Arceus with your choices.

The ability to form partnerships is available for this round as well!

Members with different talents can work together on a card! That means members get to use their best talents and combine them into the best and most creative card! For example: one of the members focus on illustrations while the other can focus on the card itself. Working in a team is optional.

Artists (illustrators) are free to post in this thread, letting participants know that they are available.

Now is the time to show us your true faking skills and put your best foot forward, and show how well you can create a card!

This contest has two sections, Text Based and Image Based. In text based all you have to do is create a card in text form and post it in here! For the Image based half, you’ll need the help of some software to let your creations come to life. But one thing remains important between both of them, it has to be original.

There are a total of 30 places in this competition, 15 for both sections, and unlike last year, these slots don’t apply for both. Only one. So simply be fast and post down below that you wish to enter, but be fast, these competitions can fill up very quickly! Once you’ve entered you’ll need to create your entry and post it down below, before Monday the 28th of July at 11:00 PM EST. Be careful when posting your entry though, because if you have to edit, or did edit your post you’ll have an instant deduction of 2 points from your overall score, and posting your entry again on a different post also deducts 2 points.

Another note, for those entering Image Based you will have to include this logo OR this one on your card or else your entry won’t be accepted. It was designed by the lovely Nekoban Ryo who continuously creates resources for the faking world and faker himself. Alternate Set Symbol #1, Alternate Set Symbol #2

Scoring

--------
Text-Based
--------

1. Creativity/Originality
    We're all tired of effect-less attacks. Without images, part of the intrigue with text-based fakes is the creativity of Power/Body/Ability/attack effects. Let's see something cool!
    Total: 20 points
    ---
  2. Wording
    Proper wording is also key in designing any fake card. Try to ensure wording is correct for the era of blank you choose; from Classic and Neo to EX, DP, and BW, wording has changed a lot, so be careful! Spelling is also taken into consideration.
    Total: 15 points
    ---
  3. Believability/Playability
    Text-based fakes rely heavily on their believability. Think of your entries as if they were real cards. Try to avoid those 400 HP monsters which do 200 damage for [R]! Proper type (unless Delta-species), Pokédex information, and ballpark HP will be taken into consideration.
Max Points: 50

--------
Image-Based
--------
  1. Creativity/Originality
    This should be a given. With the proper tools, let your imagination run wild! This can involve new gameplay mechanics, blanks, etc.
    Total: 20 points
    ---
  2. Wording
    Proper wording is also key in designing any fake card. Try to ensure wording is correct for the era of blank you choose; from Classic and Neo to EX, DP, and BW, wording has changed a lot, so be careful! Spelling is also taken into consideration.
    ---
  3. Fonts and Placement
    Correct fonts are imperative when creating realistic fakes. Placement isn't quite as important, so long as the fonts/symbols/etc. are in the correct general area.
    Total: 10 points
    ---
  4. Believability/Playability
    Because this division of the contest is so image-heavy, the believability and playability takes a backseat here. However, it's still worth a portion of the total points, so try to keep it in the realm of believable! Proper type (unless Delta-species), Pokédex information, and ballpark HP will be taken into consideration.
    Total: 5 points
Max Points: 50

So that’s the point breakdown for this month’s Create-A-Card. [member]Luispipe8[/member] will be judging the Text Based portion of the contest and [member]CMP[/member] will be judging the Image Based part.

When making your fakes be sure to follow forum rules, if you are using someone else’s art be sure you have their permission to use it or it is otherwise considered art theft.

As per usual have fun and be as creative as you can be and show the world that PB can make the best fake cards!

Deadline: July 28th (Mon.) 11:00pm EST

Anticipated Entrants

[td] Image-Based:
  1. The Deadly Duo (PMJ & Athena)
  2. Delta & GadgetJax
  3. anabel1406
  4. Heavenly Spoon
  5. Huderon of Canossa
  6. Auride
  7. bigfootaus
  8. Zygarde
  9. PetuEX
  10. Camoclone
  11. Queen Sylveon
  12. Nod3
  13. Amperglyph
  14. Mora
  15. Arcticwhite
[/td][td] Text-Based:
  1. Momaster12
  2. Lugia123
  3. Mr. Stoopid
  4. Keeper of Night
  5. 9Tailz
  6. Squirtle Squad
  7. Reggie McGigas
  8. Machamp The Champion
  9. Vom
  10. rev3rsor
  11. bowlerdude04
  12. Brave Vesperia
  13. AlexanderTheAwesome
  14. Wigglytuff
[/td]

Bold names means I have seen your entry in this thread.

Want to help advertise the contest? Feel free to use the banner below in your sig!

cac_july14_zps264f15e4.jpg

Credit goes to [member]Nekoban Ryo[/member] for the amazing banner!

Last edited by a moderator:

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
RE: PokéBeach Create-A-Card: July 2014 - Legendary

In for image-based as a partnership with PMJ again, unless he's decided he's tired of my derpy Pokémon drawings by now.

Delta

Selling colourful Pokemon to Celadon Game Corner

Think I'm rolling image with GadgetJax this round if he's still willing.

Momaster12

The Temporal Destroyer

I'm in for text! Going for the gold this time.

GadgetJax

Traveling Storyteller and Card Faker

Delta said:
Think I'm rolling image with GadgetJax this round if he's still willing.

Legendaries. HECK YEAH! This is going to be so awesome! The wait was so worth it!

Scorched Feathers said:
Text Stoopid-sama~
gdi GadgetJax won the bet *throws dime*

Thank you for the dime. Now I can go to that shady garage sale and get me some more Popeye Comics.[/hr]

Last edited by a moderator:

Keeper of Night

Nobody Special

If only I liked Legendary Pokemon!

...Yeah, I'm in for text.

anabel1406

Limited Edition

In for image(this time I'll actually post something)

9Tailz

the human embodiment of garbodor

I'm in for text this time.

GadgetJax

Traveling Storyteller and Card Faker

Squirtle Squad said:
In for text please! I'm as keen as green bean on steam!

Not sure what a green bean would be doing on steam, but good luck! Your victory last month is sure to be a good omen.

Scorched Feathers

Aspiring Trainer

Basic Jirachi HP70
TCGMind

385.gif

NO.385 Wish Pokémon HT: 1'00" WT: 2.4 lbs.

SF-Ability
Cometgazing
Once during your turn (before your attack), if you don't have a Jirachi in the Lost Zone, you may put this Pokémon from your hand into the Lost Zone. If you do, put a Time Counter on this Pokémon. At any time between turns, if this Pokémon is in the Lost Zone, put a Time Counter on this Pokémon. (You cannot have another Jirachi in the Lost Zone.)

SF-Ability
Millennial Wish
At any time between turns, if your Active Pokémon isn't a Pokémon-EX and the number of Time Counters on this Pokémon is 10 or more, take a Prize card. If your opponent's Active Pokémon is a Pokémon-EX, take 2 Prize cards instead. If your Active Pokémon is a Pokémon-EX, your opponent takes a Prize card.

weakness
TCGMind
x2 resistance
SF-None

retreat
TCGWhite

It is said to have the ability to grant any wish for just one week every thousand years.

Yes. I made a doom clock.
The whole idea behind this is to force your opponent into winning before you do, but to force you into playing non-EX Pokémon, since Millennial Wish allows your opponent to take prizes if you do, but allows you to take more prizes if they do it. Also, I'm pretty sure that the wording means that your opponent will take a prize regardless of the amount of Time Counters, which is deliberate. Enjoy~

Auride

Periodic Visitor

I would like to enter the image-based contest (solo).

Not very experienced with art, but I have enough experience with photoshop to make what I have in mind...

Luispipe8

Pokémon Professor

And as usual. I end up noticing the Thread later and Scorched always posts before that. XDDDD Ok, guys, just a few technicalities I'm placing on Text:

1- Place the Era of the card when you post it in case it's not from the current Modified Format, otherwise it'll be judged as BW/XY WITH NO EXCEPTIONS(Yes, even though it's a Pokémon-ex, or Dark Pokémon, or Pokémon Prime, or the likewise).
2- This time I'm placing results in the order of the OP's list instead of going for order of entries. This is just so it's easier for me to know whether I judged you or not already.
3- Have fun!! :D

Keeper of Night

Nobody Special

Luispipe8 said:
And as usual. I end up noticing the Thread later and Scorched always posts before that. XDDDD Ok, guys, just a few technicalities I'm placing on Text:

1- Place the Era of the card when you post it in case it's not from the current Modified Format, otherwise it'll be judged as BW/XY WITH NO EXCEPTIONS(Yes, even though it's a Pokémon-ex, or Dark Pokémon, or Pokémon Prime, or the likewise).
2- This time I'm placing results in the order of the OP's list instead of going for order of entries. This is just so it's easier for me to know whether I judged you or not already.
3- Have fun!! :D

I don't think I can meet all of your demands.

#3 is preposterous.

BigfootAUS

Game Dev & VR Consultant / Trainer

In for image-based, please!

Reggie McGigas

-

I will be entering for text, again. Glad you are using my "fan vote" idea Ice, y u no credit me