PokéBeach Create-A-Card August 2013! Yay for Delta Nite and Eagle4!

RE: PokéBeach Create-A-Card August 2013!

I really really really really do apologize for being late but something came up here and I had to go away for a night so I wasn't able to upload my entry. This mishap was due to something kinda personal so I don't wanna go into it. However, I do have my entry and just walked in the door a little while ago.

ReshiramN_zps7c2fe673.png

Credits:
aschefield101
Nintendo
pkmncardmaker264

Again I apologize and understand if you won't accept this entry. Thanks so much.

Uh. Like. Warning next time? I haven't been on much and didn't notice
reshiram_ex_pb_cac_august_by_blui129-d6imo28.png

And what Momaster said.

DNA said:
Deadline: Sunday, August 25th, 11.30pm, Pacific Time (GMT-8).

The deadline has always been mentioned in the opening post...
And the contest has been going for eight months...

Whoops. I'll submit later if that is alright. A warning post would be nice you know.

It's always been the last Sunday of the month, at 11.30pm Pacific Time.
Yeah, no. I have a life outside of this, you know. Delta Nite is the last entry to make it under the deadline; any after his won't be accepted.

At least Momaster was nice about it, but unfortunately I cannot accept his, nor any after.

The problem with allowing late cards, no matter the reason, is that if we do it for one person we need to do it for all. Sorry guys, but as DNA said, your work can't be accepted.

Also, it isn't either of our jobs to remind you when submissions are due. Just as you guys have lives outside of CaC and the 'Beach (which prevented you from submitting on time)...so do DNA and I.

Seriously? Am I the only one that writes a draft post saying: "Submit by _____"?

IMO earlier submission is best submission. That way, if something comes up, I still have plenty of time to submit. Cards aren't really hard to make, it's a straightforward process of:

0) Decide which blank you do for which type at the start of the year. Have these blanks prepared
1) Filling in the spots of the blank and/or using a font guide. I use my own personal guides this CaC that I made before this particular CaC started. Doing manually every time is good but sometimes leads to inconsistencies.
2) Think for 2 weeks, what would be good to put on card. Ask friends, take experience, play games, browse the net. Anything really; you can get the darndest ideas from lots of things.
3) Fill in cards. Proofread. Again. Again. Ensure positioned correctly. Take balance into account. Reference real cards. Etc. (note: If you think something looks iffy about my flaming wynaut's fonts, I will throw a HL-PK binder at you.)

Nod3 you're doing it right

now everyone sit tight as we judge the entries.

Flys Gone 2071 said:
Mega-Blaziken --- HP 160 --- [R]
[size=small]Evolves from Blaziken

Ability: Mega-Pokemon
Once during your turn (before you attack), if this card is in your hand and Blaziken is your Active Pokemon, you may place this card on top of Blaziken. If you do, this counts as evolving that Pokemon.

{R} {R} {C}Double-Fire 80x
Flip to coins. This attack does 80 damage times the number of heads. If this attack is successful, the Defending Pokemon is now burned.

Weakness:
Resistance:
Retreat Cost: 2

I was viewing through the fire-types when I saw Blaziken and thought to make Mega-Blaziken. I haven't read the thread so I don't know if someone has done it before. It is like a Lvl X that you have to play it on top. An idea would be for there to be the mega-evolution stone that would let you search for the respective mega-evolution (for example, Blazekinite would let you search for a mega-blaziken). Its mostly how could TPCi address the Mega-evolution. The no weakness was left on purpose because having a mega-pokemon it just seems proper.

EDIT: Tags were bad so I corrected them.

DNA said:
It's always been the last Sunday of the month, at 11.30pm Pacific Time.
Yeah, no. I have a life outside of this, you know. Delta Nite is the last entry to make it under the deadline; any after his won't be accepted.

At least Momaster was nice about it, but unfortunately I cannot accept his, nor any after.
DNA said:
Someone indirectly brought up a question to me. And, with that in mind, I feel I should say this:

No Mega-Pokemon this month please.

Next month, maybe. See how it rolls over. But for now it's too uncertain to deal with.

12k posts \o/

facepalm.png
EDIT:Thank you whoever deleted his post lol
Still gave me a laugh I so desperately needed.

Well, good luck to those who were punctual. I hope to smash you all next month >:3

Good luck to all that entered the completion!

Had stuff going on. Like moving to another country. Alone.

Edit: And then the posts were gone.

I really appreciate if i can get the score you gave me n your review.. really could help alot

Grats to Eagle4 for winning the text based competition, and to Hegafire0 for being the runner up!

Are the scores going to be posted?

I'm waiting for CMP to get back to me with his half of the scoreboard.

<CMP> Sorry it took so long; I started early but the long holiday weekend + job interviews kinda screwed me over as far as completing.

Sorry judging took so long, folks! Real life sometimes happens, and as much as I love PokéBeach, real life takes precedence!

Arcticwhite:

2wd1v1h.jpg

There’s always seemed to be a lack of Houndoom fakes which is a bummer seeing as it’s a pretty cool monster. Card looks good, with proper spacing between the attacks. Not sure about the HP, though…I believe the existing Houndoom with that kind of HP is Houndoom Prime. Regularly, Houndoom should have between 80-100 HP (in the DP/HGSS-era, the Houndoom cards had 90, 80, and 90 HP). In the Power, you need some extra text to explain the duration that Houndoom is protected from Special Conditions (is it for the turn, as long as it remains Active, etc.). Wording of the first attack should read, “Flip a coin. If tails, this attack does 50 damage plus 20 more damage.” The attacks don’t really have any effects that haven’t been seen before. Additionally, the attack seems a little bit OP’d, especially for a DP-era Houndoom. The also font looks off for the Pokédex entry. Otherwise, a really great job!

Creativity/Originality: 17/20
Wording: 12.5/15
Fonts and Placement: 9/10
Believability/Playability: 4/5
Total: 42/50

Delta Nite:

torchiccoacutepia_zpsc937839b.png

Simplicity doesn’t always hurt, kids…especially not when you use a custom blank. Great choice to deviate from the norm blank-wise, as it works well with the card. And you’re right, healing attacks on [R] Pokémon are pretty uncommon, so it was an interesting choice. Plus, the art and attack go together which isn’t something always seen. HP seems right for a Torchic, as does the power of the attack. Wording is a little strange as it combines old and new (using the card’s name from the olden days, and “heal…” from the BW series), but as it’s a custom blank I can’t really fault you. Overall a fantastic showing from DN!

Creativity/Originality: 18/20
Wording: 15/15
Fonts and Placement: 10/10
Believability/Playability: 5/5
Total: 48/50

Flame Claw:
xy_moltres_by_flamingclaw-d6gb8c3.png

Nice twist on an already cool blank. Fire with that legendary golden glow! HP certainly on par for most current Moltres. However, the power is where the most faults lie. Even though using the Ability ends your turn, you’re still looking at a pretty easy extra 90 damage every other turn from an attack that does 70 damage already (for only 2 Energies). I think capping the maximum damage output or lowering the number of Energies the Ability can pull from discard might fix the problem, but as it stands it is pretty OP. Otherwise, fonts, placement, wording, etc. all seems to check out. Beautifully done!

Creativity/Originality: 17.5/20
Believability/Playability: 3/5
Total: 45.5/50

Nod3:

uAzNx5i.png

Before I begin grading, I’d just like to ask that if you edit your card, please do it in the original post. I almost graded the first version (sans Body), simply because I search for entries starting at the beginning of the thread. That said, I love the creativity! Definitely one of those cards that makes you go, “huh?” Well, why not, right?! Great use of M101’s dual type blanks, and the art has a fiery look to it. I like the use of Unown ? in the power. For HP, I would’ve expected around 40-50, but 60 isn’t terrible (especially since it doesn’t have a Baby Evolution power to evolve). Not used to seeing an attacking Wynaut, either, but the card is so wacky it doesn’t really matter too much. The attacks don’t always have to line up with the circles, so I would’ve moved the Wysausers? attack down half a circle to more evenly space the attacks. Otherwise, very creative (albeit not very believable) and well done!

Creativity/Originality: 20/20
Fonts and Placement: 9/10
Believability/Playability: 2/5
Total: 46/50

PMJ:

Q2jnosP.png

Another well thought out BW-era card from PMJ! Placement, fonts, wording are spot on. Ability might be a little much on a Pokémon with 130 HP, though…perhaps a damage reduction would’ve been a little more realistic, especially given the relatively high damage output. I’m also not sure if BW-era uses double battles…excuse me if I’m wrong but I can’t recall seeing any BW cards worded that mention so. I like the idea behind the attack, though, and the name fits the effect perfectly. Great Pokédex entry, too; I love seeing custom entries as it gives a bit of a unique spin to the monster. Very well done!

Creativity/Originality: 17.5/20
Wording: 14.5/15
Believability/Playability: 4/5

RedArceus:

04VpUYD.png

Interesting choice for a full art card! With the fifth gen type changes of Rotom’s forms, Heat Rotom is a great choice. Unfortunately, the novelty of FA cards has sort of worn off (and I think the card is missing the foil shine). I don’t see any faults with the wording, and the attack name is great. While the Ability and attack work together in tandem, it isn’t really anything we haven’t seen before. Overall, though, it’s a nice card that does justice to everyone’s favorite Plasma Pokémon!

Believability/Playability: 5/5
Total: 47/50

A truly great job to all participants this round; you should all be proud of yourselves! Congrats to Delta Nite, proving that simplicity can sometimes pay off!

---------​

As for myself...
Not grading GoobieDoob's as he is banned at the moment, same with ST34. (I did a quick cursory glance and I'm pretty sure they would not have won anyway.) If either comes back and asks for one, I'll give it.
This comes up to 15 entries; let's see who did the best...

Text-Based:

AlexanderTheAwesome:

(R) Ninetales EX 110 HP
Basic -- Team Plasma Pokemon

Ability: Plasma Suns
Once during your turn, when you put this Pokemon from your hand onto your Bench, you may attach up to 2 Plasma Energy cards from your hand to your Active Pokemon.

(R)(R)(C) Sunniest Day 30x
If this Pokemon has any Plasma Energy attached to it, this attack does 30 damage times the number of (R) Pokémon you have in play.

Weakness: (W)
Resistance: (G)
Retreat: (C)

You know, I think this is a good card to kick things off with. It's quite interesting, actually. I feel the HP is a little low, even for an EX (I could see 140 or even 150 being a possible), and the attack is...well, it doesn't work at all unless there's a Plasma Energy attached, but it can hit really high. Plasma Suns I feel is the most interesting part of the card, though, since it lets you do stuff with the Plasma Energy in your hand (that you couldn't attach from the deck). I think if this card had a little more HP, and its attack at least did something if it didn't have Plasma Energy, then I could see it being a thing. But...overall, I'm quite impressed!

Creativity/Originality: 19/20
Believability/Playability: 13/15

Chronus MSEA:

[Basic] Chandelure EX HP 170 [R]

[Ability] Shadow Flames
Once during your turn, when you attach a [R] energy card to Chandelure EX, put 2 damage counters on one of your opponent's Pokémon.

[R][C] Midnight Glow 60
Discard a [R] energy card attach to this Pokémon. Prevent all effects of an attack, excluding damage, done to this Pokémon during your opponent's next turn.

Weakness - [D]
Resistance - [NONE]
Retreat Cost - [C][C]

Pokémon-EX Rule - [When a Pokémon-EX has been Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.]

For a first time into the contest, you actually did a really good job. Only real issue I have is the ability should specify you attach "from your hand" to activate it, unless that was the intent that it could attach from anywhere, since you can only do this once per turn. Oh, and it should say "this Pokémon" in the Ability as well. I'm assuming that was an oversight. Midnight Glow reminds me of Disturbance Dive from that Venomoth way way back, that had the same effect (minus discarding the Energy). That was a fun card. All in all, you did well. Not sure if I can give very many points in the Originality category, but the rest is great.

Wording: 14/15
Believability/Playability: 15/15

Delta:

Magcargo ex 100 HP [R]

219.gif

218.png
Stage 1: Evolves from Slugma
When a Pokémon ex is Knocked Out, your opponent takes two Prize cards.

Poke-BODY: Heat Intensify
Once during your turn (before your attack) you may discard 2 Energy cards attached to Magcargo ex. If you do, place 1 damage counter on every Benched Pokémon in play.

[R][C] Solidify
Any damage done to Magcargo during your opponent's next turn is reduced by 20.

[R][R][R] Terraform 60
Discard all Energy cards attached to Magcargo ex in order to use this attack. Return all Energy cards attached to your opponent's Defending Pokémon to his/her hand.

Weakness [W]
Resistance [G]
Retreat Cost [C][C][C]
B2/W2 Sprites

Looks like Delta's taking a break from image-based and trying his hand at text-based! And, as a breath of fresh air, he's making a card from the RSE era! I recall there being an actual Magcargo ex at one point, but let's take a peek at this one. ...I honestly like it, I really do, but your card seems to suffer quite a few wording inconsistencies - things missing, incorrect words used...ah, I'll just point them out.
First, the Pokémon-ex clause for RSE is written different, as shown here. There is no 'a' in it.
For Heat Intensify, it should be 'put' instead of 'place' 1 damage counter.
Solidify doesn't call him Magcargo ex (the 'ex' is missing), and the After W&R clause is missing.
For Terraform, the 'in order to use this attack' clause was dropped after Team Rocket; it was either replaced with 'or this attack does nothing' or, more commonly, dropped altogether. (And in Camerupt's case, it is possible to not be able to discard basic Energy.)
But, all in all, awesome job. (...I hope me speaking not very often doesn't become a habit...)

Wording: 13/15

Eagle4:

Rotom 60 HP
lightning.gif
fire.gif

479-heat.png
(Credit Dreamworld Art)

Basic
This Pokémon is both
lightning.gif
fire.gif
type.

You may have as many of this card in your deck as you like.

Poké-POWER: Heat Form
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may put 2 damage counters on each Pokémon in play that has any Microwave markers on it (both yours and your opponent's).

lightning.gif
Zap Flame
Choose 2 of your opponent's Pokémon. This attack does 10 damage to each of them (don't apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokémon).

fire.gif
fire.gif
colorless.gif
Flare Up 40
Flip a coin. If heads, put 1 Microwave marker on each of your opponent's Pokémon that has any damage counters on it.

Weakness
water.gif

Resistance -30
steel.gif

Retreat Cost
colorless.gif

Interesting use of Redshark energy symbols there. And...it seems this Rotom here has a unique mechanic in the form of the Microwave marker, which can pile up extra damage to additional Pokemon. ...I honestly can't think of anything to improve, except that "This attack does 10 damage to each of them" should be its own sentence, but that's a minor concern at the most. I think you really hit the nail on the head here when looking for things to score well in the originality category. Looks like a DP card, so it has a good amount of power for it too. Nice!!

Total: 50/50

Fraxureking:

Stage ? - Talonflame- HP110 - Fire - Evolves from Fletchling
NO. ??? Scorching Pokémon HT: 4311" WT: 54.0 Ibs.

[Ability] Scorching Arrow
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may put 10 Damage counters on your opponent’s Pokémon in any way you like. If you do, this Pokémon does 100 damage to itself.

[R][C][C] Brave Bird 90
This Pokémon does 40 damage to itself.
Weakness: Fighting (×2) Resistance: None

Retreat: 0

Flavour Text: One of Our Great Lord Fletchling’s future evolutions. You shall obey it or face the loss of your Eyeballs!

lolololololololol
We've gone over the Stage ? thing, so you're okay there. It's like...staring into a nuke. Like VG Staraptor, but in the TCG, and yet even more broken still. You could do an output of 190 damage (or equivalent thereof) in a single turn, and give up only 1 prize. That's...almost overbearing. But it gave me a laugh.

Believability/Playability: 10/15
Total: 43/50

Hegafire0:

Heatran EX 180 HP [R]

Ability- Spread Heat
As long as this Pokemon is in play, your opponent's Benched Pokemon may become Burned.

[R] [R] [C] Searing Snipe-
Discard all [R] Energy attached to this Pokemon. This attack does 80 damage to one of your opponent's Pokemon. (Don't apply Weakness or Resistance for Benched Pokemon). That Pokemon is now Burned.

Weakness- [W]
Resistance-
Retreat- [C] [C] [C]

And right on the heels of a Rotom with a unique twist, we have a Heatran that can burn the bench...kinda reminds me of Heatran LV.X that made burn stay even after evolving. The ability and attack go hand in hand, attacking for 80 damage + burn on that Pokemon. I like seeing cards that have abilities/attacks work in tandem with one another; it's something I really like in the TCG whenever possible. You have made me smile.

Total: 49/50

Keeper of Night:

Magcargo EX [R] 180 HP
Basic

Ability: Magma Armor
All damage done to this pokemon is reduced by 10 for each [R] Energy attached to it.

[R] [R] [C] Lave Plume 70+
The defending pokemon is now Burned. You may discard 2 [R] Energy attached to this pokemon. If you do, this attack does 50 more damage.

W: [F] R: ___ Retreat: [C] [C] [C]

"They sleep in pools of magma. Occasionally, their shells will break and flames spout from the cracks."

the heck is a Lave Plume
...I think you need to work on getting your capitalization and clauses correct. I seem to run into this dilemma with you every month - Magma Armor should read "Any damage done......attached to it (after applying Weakness and Resistance)", and the attack is correct but you don't capitalize "Defending" or "Pokemon" ever.
also your cards are booooooriiiiiiiiing ;-;

Creativity/Originality: 16/20
Wording: 12/15
Believability/Playability: 14/15
Total: 42/50

Lemonnade:

Reshiram & Zekrom LEGEND - Legend Pokemon [R][L] 150 HP
Put this card from your hand onto your Bench only with the other half of Reshiram & Zekrom LEGEND.
Poke-Body: Turbine Charge
If Reshiram & Zekrom LEGEND is your Active Pokemon and is damaged by an opponent's attack, during your next turn, the attack cost of Reshiram & Zekrom LEGEND's Burning Lightning attack is [L][R] less.
[L][L][R][R] Burning Lightning 40
This attack does 40 damage to each of your opponent's Pokemon. (Don't apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokemon.) Discard 2 energy attached to your opponent's Pokemon in any way you like. This Pokemon can't attack during your next turn.
Weakness: [W][F] x2
Resistance: none
Retreat Cost: 3[C]
When this Pokémon has been Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.
29, 30/30 Rare Holo LEGEND
PokéBeach CaC August 2013

hooooooooo haven't seen one of these in a while

It really does emphasize the legendary aspect here. Usually, with Pokemon LEGEND, one of the attacks/powers/bodies emphasizes one half of the Pokemon, and the other has the other half, but both of the attacks/bodies reference both, and you pulled it off nicely. I'm kinda picturing the art for Xous' Reshiram & Zekrom LEGEND right now plastered onto this, and it looks cool. One thing I should note is R always comes before L, and you put that in the types but not the attacks. Also, you jump forward to B/W wording and say "This Pokemon" instead of "Reshiram & Zekrom LEGEND" at the end of the attack, and "Energy" isn't capitalized. But other than that you did a fantastic job.

Total: 48/50

Lugia123:

Arcanine 130 HP [R]
Stage 1 evolves from growlithe

Ability:Blazing spirit
If your opponent has 1 Prize Card remaining, this Pokemons attacks do 80 more damage.

[R] [R] [R] Flamethrower 90

[R] [R] [R] [R] Flare blitz
Choose 2 of your opponents Pokemon. This attack does 110 damage to those Pokemon.(Don't apply weakness and resistance for benched pokemon.)This pokemon does 150 damage to itself.

Weakness:[W] Reasistance:[G]

Reatreat:3
The sight of it running over 6200 miles in a day and night has trampled many people.

That's...pretty insane. I'm not even paying attention to its ability; those attacks are ridiculously over-the-top. I'm not sure exactly what you're going for here, but you aren't going to score very high with an entry like this one. On top of that, I'm a big stickler for wording (capitalization, proper clauses, and everything), so you kinda suffer in that category too. Phanpy was similarly over-the-top. Try not to be over-the-top with your cards, and don't forget there is more than just BW-era in existence if you want to try some older eras.

Wording: 12/15
Believability/Playability: 8/15
Total: 37/50

Machamp the Champion:

Arcanine - 120HP - [R]
Stage 1 (Evolves from Growlith)
059.png

NO. 059 Legendary Pokémon HT: 6'3" WT: 341.7 lbs

[C] Caring for Family
Put a Growlith or Arcanine from your discard pile into your hand.

[R][R][C] Team-Up Tackle 60+
Choose 1 of your Benched Pokémon. Shuffle it and all cards attached to it into your deck. If you can't shuffle 1 of your Benched Pokémon into your deck, this attack does nothing. If that Pokémon was a Stage 1 Pokémon, this attack does 60 more damage. If that Pokémon was a Stage 2 Pokémon, this attack does 120 more damage.

Weakness [W] X2
Resistance
Retreat Cost 3

This Pokemon is considered legendary, and it's even referred to as the Legendary Pokémon. However, it is not a Legendary.

Growlithe has an E in it.
Moving on, this is another one of those fun cards that works in tandem with itself; the first attack can fuel the second one. Only things I'd really suggest is to maybe put the clause about the attack doing nothing at the end (though it can be fine where it is right now), and tone down the power level of the attack - maybe +30 and +60? You could even get away with +40 and +80 if this is a BW card - which it might be, I can't tell. It could pass for DP too. Nice touch with the attack requirement, nevertheless.

MountainDrew:

Chandelure 130 HP [R]
Stage 2 (Evolves from Lampent)

NO. 609 Luring Pokémon HT: 3'03" WT: 75.6 lbs.

Ability Burning Spirit
Each of Chandelure's attacks does 10 more damage for each Basic Pokémon your opponent has in play (before applying Weakness and Resistence).

[C][C] Cursed Fire 60+
If Chandelure has any [P] Energy attached to it, the Defending Pokémon is now Confused. If Chandelure has any [R] Energy attached to it, the Defending Pokémon is now Burned.

Weakness: [W]x2
Resistence: none
Retreat: [C][C]

"It absorbs a spirit, which it then burns. By waving the flames on its arms, it puts its foes into a hypnotic trance."

Something in me wishes to stop seeing Arcanines, Magcargos, and Chandelures everywhere. But eh, I guess it can't be helped.
The attack is interesting; I've seen it before on cards like Toxicroak, Claydol...stuff like that, dual-type Pokemon that can get 2 effects off of 1 attack based on their attack type. The only thing I'm not sure about here...is this a DP or a BW era card? Given how the Pokemon self-references with its own name, it looks like DP, but it has an Ability instead of a Poke-Body, so...which is it?
Food for thought: consider carefully what you're doing when you self-reference, and what era you're working with. That goes for all of you. :p

Reggie McGigas:

(Basic) Moltres HP 120 [R]

146.gif

[Ability] Fire Storm
Once during your turn (before your attack) you may discard a [R] Energy from your hand. If you do, you may draw 3 cards.

[R][R][C] Blaze Burn 70
Flip a coin. If heads, the Defending Pokemon is now burned. If tails, this attack does 10 damage to each of your opponent's Benched Pokemon.

Weakness: [W] x2
Resistance:
Retreat: [C][C]

Huh, a Moltres with Ninetales' Poke-Power and a good solid attack. Boring, but it works. (You missed 2 things in the attack wording-wise, I'll let you try and find them yourself.)

Creativity/Originality: 16/20
Total: 45/50

Ryan Sinclair:
Ninetales - [F] - 110HP
Stage 1; Evolves from Vulpix

[C][C] - Take Down - 40
This Pokémon does 20 damage to itself.

[F][F][F] - Whiplash - 20x
Flip 9 coins. This attack does 20 damage times the number of heads.

Weakness - [W]x2
Resistance - [none]
Retreat Cost - [C][C]
Each of its nine tails is imbued with supernatural power, and it can live for a thousand years.
Rarity - non-holo Rare

I originally had you as DNF in the OP, but I noticed you got your submission in before the deadline so I've since corrected that. Now for your grade!

Same as Reggie: boring, but it works. Whiplash reminds me of the TCG GB's Ninetales with Dancing Flames...and I think another Ninetales got printed with a similar attack with 9 coins instead of 8 also. Oh, and Fire is R, not F - just a note.

Creativity/Originality: 14/20
Total: 44/50

The Fire Wyrm:

Chandelure 110HP [R]
Stage 2

Ability:Soul Fire
This Pokémon gets an additional +20 HP for each [R] energy attached to it.

[.] Soul Burst 50
Discard a [R] energy attached to this Pokémon. If you can't discard a [R] energy attached to this Pokémon, this Pokémon does 30 damage to itself. If the defending Pokémon has any [R] energy attached to it, this attack does 20 more damage.

[.] Pyroclasm 90
Discard 3 [R] energy attached to this Pokémon. If you can't discard 3 [R] energy attached to this Pokémon, this Pokémon does 70 damage to itself. Flip a coin for each of your opponents benched Pokémon. For each heads, this attack does 90 damage to 1 of your opponents benched Pokémon.

Weakness:[W]x2
Resistance:None
Retreat cost:[.]

ANOTHER CHANDELURE APOWIEPFOIEJGPIASJGPOIJ
okay seriously moving on

I'm...really going to have to give this card a good looking very to see if you got everything right. First, to begin, the phrase "an additional" is not required; look at Conkeldurr NVI, who has the same ability but with Fighting Energy. Second, I notice a common theme here: you can either attack for free and cause damage to yourself, or attach Energy and make it stronger (and survive longer). Normally I'd be okay with this, but Pyroclasm does a lot of damage, and the trade-off isn't big enough to justify it. For Soul Burst, though, it's not as bad. I would suggest toning down Pyroclasm's power down a bit, and maybe also giving it an Energy requirement of some sort. I'd also suggest remembering to capitalize certain words, and not forget the W&R clause when attacking the Bench. However, I will point out that the way you constructed your card gave you a full 20 points in the originality category, which I don't often give. If you keep that kind of thing going for your future cards, and keep the power level appropriate (and of course the wording accurate as well), you could do extremely well.

Wording: 13/15

Zarco:

Arcanine 120 HP
Stage 1- Evolves from Growlithe

NO. 059 Legendary Pokémon HT: 6'03" WT: 341.7 lbs.

Ability: Burning Mane
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may put 1 damage counter on one of your Pokémon. If you do, put 1 damage counter on one of your opponent's Pokémon.

[C][C][C] Flames of Rage 60+
If this Pokémon has any [R] any attached to it, you may discard all [R] energy attached to it. If you do, this attack does 20 more damage for each damage counter on this Pokémon.

weakness [W]x2
resistance
retreat cost [C][C][C]

Arcanine's size and ability to sprint for hours without stopping makes it a great method of transportation for those lucky enough to own one.

Arcanine again ;-;
okay moving on

FLAMES OF RAAAAAAAAAGE! Man, I remember that attack, and you brought it back almost identical to the original. No wait, almost identical to the reprint - I think it was on Arcanine ex. Burning Mane helps to feed into that a little, and Flames of Rage can be used with a DCE for little drawback...which kinda throws it out of whack, slightly. If Flames of Rage cost RRC or so I could see it. As for wording, the 2nd 'it' should be replaced with 'this Pokemon' in the attack, and in the ability, always ALWAYS use numbers over letters; all the 'one's should be '1's.

Believability/Playability: 14/15

This brings an end to August Create-A-Card...finally. Classes started for me in the middle of the month so it took a while to find some time to grade this.
For image-based we have Delta Nite's Torchic actually coming in first place, what a surprise! RedArceus's Heat Rotom EX wasn't that far behind either, and it was a very close fight!
For text-based, it was just about as close! The winner this month is Eagle4's Rotom, scoring the perfect 50 points! Hegafire's Heatran EX wasn't that far behind with 49, and after that there were a lot of 47s, which...is actually something I like seeing, because it means that most of you are on par with each other. You're all getting better, I can see it!

Congratulations to our winners! I'll be getting the next month's contest up some time today hopefully (it'll probably be a lot earlier than near midnight), after I go over the rules and spruce them up a bit, since this month brought up some things to light. If you want a leg-up this next month, you'll need to be very inventive with attack names. See you soon!

Back