PokéBeach.com's Dream It & Design It! Contest: Water-Type

I also am trieng to enter.
I would like to ask how long it takes till a picture is normaly uploaded on facebook.

Depends on the size of the picture. Shouldnt take long at all, unless your doing it from a phone. Even then, it should be like around 5 minutes. Maybe less

Oh ok because I am waiting for over ten minutes but still hasnt loaded

edit: I too think that the Facebook voting system is unfair. One of the post has over 200 likes but many of the other are way better. There is a differenc in marketing your drawing or saying to your friends that they shoul just like it.

Well, I hate to say this, but you saying the one that has 200 likes isnt good, but others are is a purely objective assessment. I believe the system is fair. It gives an advantage to those who start early. Plus, a great way to advertise your creation is tell your friends and family to vote for it. They dont have to. Im sure many of the 200 actually liked his creation. I thought is was kinda cool, honestly. Maybe PokeBeach will do future contests to make it easier. But remember, this is one of their first contests like this, I think. And, there are prizes involved. So the fact we get to enter this for free, I really dont think we should be hating on them and how they decide to work the system. GOOD LUCK TO ALL! :D

The point is that advertising it is what matters here, hence it's more of an "upload something and find hundred people who will click like"-contest than it is an art contest.

An art contest would be if people submitted art, it was all shown at the same time and people could vote for it on a site related to the content like this forum.

Mitja said:
The point is that advertising it is what matters here, hence it's more of an "upload something and find hundred people who will click like"-contest than it is an art contest.

An art contest would be if people submitted art, it was all shown at the same time and people could vote for it on a site related to the content like this forum.

This is on Facebook right? If it is on Facebook, it is almost pointless because people on there don't know what pokemon look like.

Although I do agree that this time round, the competition was unbalanced but it has already been mentioned a lot of times in this thread.

Just looking at the amount of likes a picture gets tells you that, yes, it may be popular. Even if you don't like it, others like it. However if you think about it, using the 200 likes picture as an example, 200 likes is way more than any I have seen on the FB page. Apart from maybe the 70+ liked one, but that doesn't come close. So, by just comparing the 200 likes image with the rest, it's pretty obvious that there was some promoting going on.

This isn't rocket science. People want there hard work paid off instead of losing to a 2 minute MS paint job and a lot of "heylikedis" to all there thousands of friends on Facebook. Although I did promote myself, I did it because we were more or less told to do so.

Delta said:
Apart from maybe the 70+ liked one, but that doesn't come close. So, by just comparing the 200 likes image with the rest, it's pretty obvious that there was some promoting going on.

This isn't rocket science. People want there hard work paid off instead of losing to a 2 minute MS paint job and a lot of "heylikedis" to all there thousands of friends on Facebook. Although I did promote myself, I did it because we were more or less told to do so.

I just think on that too, Liek the average lays on around 1-20 likes and two pic in middle of all this got 75+ likes even 200+ likes...

Ayehh... May the best win! ^_^

Hah, I can't believe I started all this ruckus. Posting my entry late. "coughvoteformeifyouwantjusticeinthefuturecough"
EDIT: It changed the picture to JPEG. Y U DO DAT facebook.

I appreciate the effort for expanding this through means of Facebook, but it really should have been conducted locally. Too easy to taint results on FB.

Ok guys, I think we've been bashing this thread too much about having it on FB. Whats done is done. I believe they said they will reconsider this for their next challenge. For now, may the best drawing win! :D

Looking at the pictures currently submitted, I can tell that while some people put in lots of effort into their work, others look like they opened Paint and drew the thing in 2 minutes, hoping that their creation will somehow win them the whole contest. Under normal circumstances, I would say that this wasn't a race. You had all the time in the world to draw your Pokemon, edit it, edit it again, and edit it even more before submitting it. However, since this was on Facebook, it was just a race to get it on the wall so you could get more likes in a week than the guy who submits it just before time is up, and can't muster enough likes to get more than the poor drawing. But I'm not going to criticize any specific artist. Most of the drawings were well done anyway.

Since I'm all about promotions, how about that 3D ice-dragon? Sure there are a few things I could nit-pick about, he could have used a lighter shade of blue, and maybe ice for the tail, but the fact that he did it in 3D shows that not only does he have some artistic prowess, but he actually put the time and effort into making it.

ISB said:
Looking at the pictures currently submitted, I can tell that while some people put in lots of effort into their work, others look like they opened Paint and drew the thing in 2 minutes, hoping that their creation will somehow win them the whole contest. Under normal circumstances, I would say that this wasn't a race. You had all the time in the world to draw your Pokemon, edit it, edit it again, and edit it even more before submitting it. However, since this was on Facebook, it was just a race to get it on the wall so you could get more likes in a week than the guy who submits it just before time is up, and can't muster enough likes to get more than the poor drawing. But I'm not going to criticize any specific artist. Most of the drawings were well done anyway.

Since I'm all about promotions, how about that 3D ice-dragon? Sure there are a few things I could nit-pick about, he could have used a lighter shade of blue, and maybe ice for the tail, but the fact that he did it in 3D shows that not only does he have some artistic prowess, but he actually put the time and effort into making it.

Hey, you seem to like the 3D ones. How about voting for my entry? Globulord - I just posted it :)

You know, I think what might help in the future, is if the OP contains the links to each individuals submitted picture, that way its easier to find it, and see them.

I would be interested in hearing any feedback on my drawing, the Hydrowyrm. I am very curious to see everyone's opinions on my drawing. :D

Hi everyone, how does mine look? I have Kyanidra, its name came from a fusion of "kyanite" and "dragon"

weeeeee! That Puffoon is so darned cute! ^-^ I want to sqeeze it! Kudos on the mastery of the sugimori style! ^-^

Back