Finished PokéBeach Big Brother: Winter Escape

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finale Start!
Houseguests! Jury members! After a long game, the finale of the game has approached us. It's time for the jury to make their pick on who should be the winner of Big Brother: Pokébeach Edition! Wishing good luck to our finalists @double o squirtle, @quakingpunch73, and @rainyman123 who have been in it to win it this whole season! Prepare to answer many questions from the jury as allowed! Now, without further ado, the finale of Big Brother: Pokébeach Edition!!! :D

Special Detail: It’s now time for the jury to make their final decisions and cast their votes for who they think should win the game! Each jury member may ask each finalist 1 question, meaning they can ask up to 3 in total. However, the jury technically doesn’t have to ask any questions and can just vote if they choose. Whoever gathers the most votes from the jury will win the game!

Good luck finalists! Jury, you may now begin bombarding the house with questions. Votes must be in by Tuesday February 21, 2017 6PM EST to submit your final votes for any houseguest to win. When you are asking a houseguest a question, please tag them. The deadline for question asking is Monday February 20, 2017 at 6PM EST, as well. Also, please cast your votes in a new conversation to me, not the one you used when you were in the game. I've left a lot of those. Tagging the jury here:

- @TheSceptileMaster
- @EeveeTheFishey
- @NinjaPenguin
- @TheAnticipationEevee
- @Vracken
- @Mr.Muffin
- @bbninjas
- @Blakers

I'm going to ask you all the same question, since someone needs to do it:
@quakingpunch73 @double o squirtle @rainyman123 What about your strategy/play sets you apart from the other finalists?

From the beginning of the game, I wanted to play a very passive-aggressive game. I quickly set-up a ride-or-die alliance with DoS and a seperate alliance with Muffin, and had her be the one to create an alliance. This was to quickly fall into a majority and surround myself with a meat shield or few, in case our majority fell through. I found that keeping the alliance together was the easiest way to find early success in the game. This, unfortunately, constituted having the alliance blindside TSM, since it became apparent to DoS and I that TSM was trying to split the alliance in two to find his own success. Throughout the weeks leading up until Blakers return, I managed to keep the alliance mostly together, and we were on a clear path to cruise until the end...

And then the return ended up putting my main allies and I in the majority after Blakers became HOH and rainy betrayed us.

Instead of giving up and dying in a hole, my adaptability and the aggressive part of my game came into play. Yes, I had schemed to get to that point, but nowhere else in the game had I needed to be as aggressive to survive. After being nominated, I tried to get rainy on our side, but it was apparent that he did not trust. I had DoS, the good-cop in our good-bad cop dynamic, calm rainy down a bit to try to get him on our side going forward. I aggressively planned out with DoS how to get her to win the veto that week to prove to rainy that he was on the bottom of a foursome when he could be in a threesome going to the end. This also constituted voting Muffin out to get rainy's trust. I fought hard to win the last two competitions of the game and in the end, I eliminated my two biggest rivals in this game. I made it to the end through my own skill, not because someone wanted me there. I played a game that needed to adapt more than anyone else. In order to get to the end, you saw all of me, be it good or bad,

tl;dr: I played a unique passive-aggressive game that needed to adapt, both strategically and challenge-wise, more than anyone else to get to the end

Okay well now time for my questions :p I am open to voting anyone to win at this point, so please provide your best answer (and please be honest!)

@double o squirtle - Since many people in the jury were not apart of the alliance, observations can be only made about your votes and physical gameplay. From the physical gameplay aspect, you have contributed nothing to your alliance as you have won 0 competitions. As for your votes, you seemed merely a number to vote with quaking all the way. Please explain to the jury and I what exactly did you contribute to the alliance in terms of social gameplay (for example, were you the one calling the shots), and provide insight on the one thing everyone could see -- your decision to keep rainy, even after the numerous times he went against your alliance.

@quakingpunch73 - It appears that Rainy has went against the alliance numerous times, starting as early as Week 2! He has voted against the alliance almost every single week, in fact! Please justify the decision that the alliance made to take him all the way to the finale, over someone like bbninjas, which the jury thought would have been an obvious choice, as he was not a threat to either of you winning. Additionally, why did you lie to me personally for no random reason prior to my eviction?

@rainyman123 - Please explain in detail, how you played the game on the social aspect. This includes on your interactions with the alliance, your voting choices, and why you chose to help the rest of the house take on the alliance, when it would have been much safer to just flow with the alliance.

Okay well now time for my questions :p I am open to voting anyone to win at this point, so please provide your best answer (and please be honest!)

@double o squirtle - Since many people in the jury were not apart of the alliance, observations can be only made about your votes and physical gameplay. From the physical gameplay aspect, you have contributed nothing to your alliance as you have won 0 competitions. As for your votes, you seemed merely a number to vote with quaking all the way. Please explain to the jury and I what exactly did you contribute to the alliance in terms of social gameplay (for example, were you the one calling the shots), and provide insight on the one thing everyone could see -- your decision to keep rainy, even after the numerous times he went against your alliance.

@quakingpunch73 - It appears that Rainy has went against the alliance numerous times, starting as early as Week 2! He has voted against the alliance almost every single week, in fact! Please justify the decision that the alliance made to take him all the way to the finale, over someone like bbninjas, which the jury thought would have been an obvious choice, as he was not a threat to either of you winning. Additionally, why did you lie to me personally for no random reason prior to my eviction?
I know that the alliance was not very popular with many jurors. I am also aware that bb was a very big jury threat to win because he was not a part of the alliance. My reasoning for taking rainy was because of his erratic play style throughout the game. I knew that it would scorn some jury members, since he had flipped on them. Jury management is a big aspect of this game. I feel like I managed the jury well because I made it to the end with the people I had the best chance of winning against, while upsetting the least amount of jury members. In addition, I never "personally lied to you". If you are talking about this quote...
I'm not sure. I heard about another player sending around deals and supposedly saying they'd go back on their promises from someone else. I'll get back to you on this one. Okay?
Then there is no lie within that post. I simply said that I didn't want to accept your deal of me not nominating you. I had every right to deny your deal. If I hurt your feelings personally for a reason I'm not aware of, then I'm sorry, but I simply don't see one in the only post I could see as lying. Though, if there's any way I can regain your trust after the game, I would love to know.

@quakingpunch73 @double o squirtle @rainyman123 What about your strategy/play sets you apart from the other finalists?
While Quaking was passive aggressive and rainy was random, like quaking said, I was the good cop, and I preferred to be that as much as I could. No one has a good time if they're treated badly, yes? After all, it is just a game in the end. Though there was the odd desperate aggressive attempt I had to make to help ensure a victory (which can be seen in the last response) I really did try to keep relations good. Yes I was in an alliance with Quaking before the larger one, but that didn't mean I didn't value its safety. For example, I heard multiple rumours of NP trying to contact people, and what do you know? They were part of my alliance. So I made the effort to convince people to eliminate NP, and in doing so, eliminate a threat that might've broken up our alliance. So my main strategy throughout the game was to keep the alliance together.
Ah, I can see why you think that, and yes, I am ashamed that I couldn't win many competitions, however, competitions aren't all there is to this game and I did win 10. I had an alliance to keep together, and though it did end up breaking near the end, I think I did a good job. NP and TSM were examples of this. Having intel on what they were doing behind the scenes allowed me to plan necessary actions, sadly that meant I had to eliminate one of the alliances members, but I think the outcome was worth it.

Actually TAE, my reasoning for keeping rainy around involves you. When you sent me your message to vote you back in, you mentioned the names of our alliance members. However, you neglected to put rainy, who was part of the alliance, in that list. Essentially telling me that rainy was playing both sides. Now while most people would see that as a threat, I saw an opportunity. Knowing rainy was playing both sides gave me knowledge that Blakers, bb and scattered might not have known at the time. Meaning that I could use that to my advantage and apply pressure for rainy to stay with us. Though it may have backfired, another miracle came along. Rainy, having not seen bb's elimination in 10, contacted me to get me to eliminate quaking with the help of bb, showing that he would betray an alliance that would accept him to get ahead. Now naturally, no one would want this getting out, so when the time came I proposed an alliance between me, quaking, and himself, using the quote about me eliminating quaking. Sadly this meant I had to be a bit aggressive, but considering he was playing both sides, I had a feeling he would side with us more so than the others and so I decided I'd act on that. So I decided to save rainy mainly because one, I used a bit of blackmail and was a bit aggressive when getting him to ally with me and I felt guilty. Two, he was part of my alliance in the beginning and I had planned for the final 3 to be members of the alliance. And finally, quaking had decided to use his reveal on rainy revealing his flip-flopping, no use in putting that to waste.

@rainyman123 - Please explain in detail, how you played the game on the social aspect. This includes on your interactions with the alliance, your voting choices, and why you chose to help the rest of the house take on the alliance, when it would have been much safer to just flow with the alliance.
Well, on the social aspect, I mainly kind of fibbed with everyone as though I'm actually going to team with people. The best way to win, I saw, was to deceive as to trick people into doing what I want, and when it came to decision making and votes, most of it was random. :p

The whole game has been pretty weak in terms of big moves because only one force could make any difference. The alliance made multiple mistakes throughout the game, yet they managed to have three representatives in the final 3. Even though I was in the alliance I can't really remember what anyone did besides vote with the pack.

@quakingpunch73 You are a Survivor and Big Brother fanatic, so I assumed you would base your game off of some of the great players. However, you seemed to play the most boring game imaginable. Sticking with the alliance left you with nothing on your resume besides having multiple alliances. I am disappointed by the lack of exciting plays this game, and I know you are someone who loves good plays. The question I am asking you is who made the best plays in the jury?

@rainyman123 I hate when people describe human actions as "thoughtless" because everything you do requires some kind of thought. When you said your game was random I was surprised because I suspected some kind of deep reason why you jumped ship, and voted for Blakers as HOH. The big question I have to ask you is why do you deserve a single vote? You have played a game with no thought, and I think it stings every player in the jury who played a game with strategy to you have get farther then them. The game has been brought down to a final 2 essentially.

@double o squirtle What was your rational in picking members for your alliance? Was it really just random, or did you plan this out?

@quakingpunch73 You are a Survivor and Big Brother fanatic, so I assumed you would base your game off of some of the great players. However, you seemed to play the most boring game imaginable. Sticking with the alliance left you with nothing on your resume besides having multiple alliances. I am disappointed by the lack of exciting plays this game, and I know you are someone who loves good plays. The question I am asking you is who made the best plays in the jury?

This question is kind of kind of difficult, since many of jury's games are unknown to me. Out of the ones that are known to me, I would say it was NP. He played very aggressively right out of the gate, making deals and sub-alliances with everyone. This was why I decided he needed to be eliminated. He would pose too much of a threat later on.

I'm also going to address the big plays part. While in Survivor and Big Brother exciting plays are good to watch, they are not always helpful to someone's game. A combination of the two is what is needed to win the game. Not just one or the other. I feel like the other two finalists solely made subtle moves, while I made a combination of both. The two big moves I made in the first few weeks had to be organizing the TSM and NP blindsides. TSM was trying to split up the alliance early on, so I organized a group of players to vote for him, since the alliance was the focal point of my game, and I didn't need it sinking so early on. The NP move was because of the threat to the alliance his deals had posed. He had already convinced Vrack to use the veto on him, so what was to say he could get my allies to turn on me? Not only was I able to convince Vrack to put up NP on the block, terminating their deal, I gathered the same voting bloc as last time to put NP on the jury. This also factors into basing my game off of good players. In specific, the NP blindside was based off of the Ozzy and Erik and blindsides in Micronesia, where Cirie and Parvati gathered a group of players to eliminate big threats, and in doing so, got some of them to go against their best interests.

As for subtle moves, I believe I managed those quite nicely as well. I kept the alliance together for a start. My two biggest had to be voting for you and having DoS post our alliance though. By voting for you, I unfortunately had to eliminate one of my closest allies in the game. However, in doing so, I helped ease rainy's fears of me not trusting him, putting myself in a better position for next week. By having DoS post the alliance, I was able to hide myself as a number early on and use DoS as a meatshield. My reasoning is because if anyone wanted to split up the alliance, the quickest way to do so would be to get out its leader, right?
@double o squirtle What was your rational in picking members for your alliance? Was it really just random, or did you plan this out?
I feel like I explained that DoS made the alliance based off of my suggestion, but here's the quote if you wanted:
Me, You, Eevee, TFP, TDS, Muffin, TSM, Vracken? Maybe we should set that up.
My rational was to create an alliance filled with people that would be loyal with us until the end.
We should definitely include a player who seems weak at first and drag them to the end as a goat.
I also included a goat in there for good measure: rainy. From the beginning, I had a good idea that he, if anyone, would be an erratic, non-strategic player, so it would be a good idea for DoS and I to drag him to the end. And we all know how that panned out, right?

Last edited:
The whole game has been pretty weak in terms of big moves because only one force could make any difference. The alliance made multiple mistakes throughout the game, yet they managed to have three representatives in the final 3. Even though I was in the alliance I can't really remember what anyone did besides vote with the pack.

@rainyman123 I hate when people describe human actions as "thoughtless" because everything you do requires some kind of thought. When you said your game was random I was surprised because I suspected some kind of deep reason why you jumped ship, and voted for Blakers as HOH. The big question I have to ask you is why do you deserve a single vote? You have played a game with no thought, and I think it stings every player in the jury who played a game with strategy to you have get farther then them. The game has been brought down to a final 2 essentially.

Im gonna be honest man, I didn't even expect to get here, I thought I would die way earlier. I don't know why I deserve any vote at all, and yes, it was randomized, and I could see how this would make other players stingy. Most of what I did though in regards of my alliances were accepting everything and teaming with everyone I could, and finding out the people who were tricking me. I honestly don't see much reason I deserve a vote other than you want me to win. :)

But I think that the fact that my randomness and trickiness has apparently gotten me up here, I'd say that takes some skill. Maybe not the randomness, but for sure how I tricked people got me up here real well, I think I was only up for eviction what one time? And that was because I deceived people into getting me here, so if any pthing you'd vote me for being smart at what i did I guess.

Finale - Results

The votes have all been counted for, a winner has been decided. These questions really did change up who voted for who, according to what I saw. However, before anything is revealed, first, the stories of how each player played their game, and their biggest moves in the game that helped them reach the finale:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FINALIST'S GAMEPLAY:

quakingpunch73:
quaking from the first Week was included in the alliance, and had a strong secret alliance with another finalist double o squirtle. Together they dominated the majority of the game. quaking however, got DOS to post the alliance, and picked who went in it. Many of his biggest moves were in the earlier stages of the game, when he had DOS a meat shield, but also his closest ally. His first HOH however, put a lot of attention on him he hadn't accounted for, and he was forced to cause bloodshed from Week 1. After this week he was a very high-key player, making his presence known by winning a couple competitions later in the game. He definitely played a smart, and witty game, carrying him to the finals.

double o squirtle: double o was quaking's closest ally in the game, and while she was protecting him, he was protecting her. He was able to claim power which kept her safe through many of the events in the game. Only once did the power ever fall on her, (ironically) when she won the game she had used to host here on the forums. double o played a very high key game, being the leader of the alliance, and having quaking as her protector. Her very convenient place in the house from week 1 helped her reach the finale, not one single time being nominated.

rainyman123: rainy played a very "random" game as said by himself. He aligned with basically anyone who contacted him, including the alliance in control. The alliance didn't figure out that rainy was against them since he was invited, and that allowed him to wreck havoc on the game. He caused @EeveeTheFishey's downfall, as well as @Mr.Muffin's, as his loyalty was basically the deciding factor of week 8, when the final 7 were trying to vote in an HOH. rainy's vote completely caused the alliance to lost majority, and all seemed lost when they reached the final 6. However, unfortunately for rainy, the alliance won the HOH and the POV of the next double elimination week, eliminating his last allies. It didn't help that another one of his allies was mod killed that same week. The alliance outnumbered him 2-1 in the finale, and unfortunately, he lost a lot of votes he would have secured if he didn't say his entire game play was random. His game was highly random, highly risky, but was it rewarding? Well he reached the finale, but because of one thing he said when he answered a juror's question, he secured the victory of the game for the alliance...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WHO WON:

After the questions the jury had asked and the finalists have answered, the decision was a tie. Ah, *chuckles* I love hosting this game. This and Week 3 were the only ties in the whole game. So who broke the tie? Well it was rainy, of course. He broke the Week 3 tie, but also, it only seemed fair he decided this. RNG is not going to determine this one. What made this funnier even, is he used a randomizer to determine a verdict, and now by a decision of 5-4, the winner of Big Brother: Pokébeach Edition is:

@quakingpunch73!!! :D Congratulations quaking, you have won the game! After 9 weeks of playing hard, and making many strategies with your closest ally double o, that's all paid off for you. The jury voted enough in your favor for you to take the game away! Congratulations to our season 1 winner! If you'd like to see who the jury voted for, look down below:
JURY VOTES:

@TheSceptileMaster voted for double o squirtle
@EeveeTheFishey voted for quakingpunch73
@NinjaPenguin voted for quakingpunch73
@TheAnticipationEevee voted for double o squirtle
@Vracken voted for double o squirtle
@Mr.Muffin voted for quakingpunch73
@bbninjas voted for double o squirtle
@Blakers voted for quakingpunch73

TIE BREAKER VOTE

@rainyman123 voted for
quakingpunch73
HOST'S REGARDS:

Lorde:
I'm just going to say I had a blast hosting this. Sure there were ups and downs, but in the end, the game ran pretty smoothly. Thank you to all of the 17 houseguests who participated in the game, and I hope to see some of you sign up for Big Brother: Pokébeach Edition - Season 2, in the near future! :) Jesi, you have been my rock this whole season. Thank you for hosting when I couldn't and thanks for mentoring me over the course of this whole thing! It's been so great working with you on this, and there's no way I'll be able to pay you back for all you've done for me.

Jesi: I'd like to say that I'm really impressed with how well everyone played the game, and that I'm really glad everyone committed to the game the best they could. I'd also like to say that it was extremely interesting seeing the whole social game play out, and that I wasn't even aware of what people were able to do with that until this game. Overall, it was a blast to host, and I can't wait until the second season goes up!

Lorde and Jesi: That's it for the first season guys! I really hope you guys enjoyed it, because we sure did! :D

Last edited:
Just as i suspected. Zero, count'em Zero votes! :U Cingrats quaking! And by the way lorde, I have no allies :/

(And no friends)

Just a simple i suspected. Zero, count'em Zero votes! :U Cingrats quaking! And by the way lorde, I have no allies :/

(And no friends)
You aligned with like everyone at some point, but none of it was permanent like DOS and quaking's alliance was.
Aw... Muffin and I had something in the works for a Season 2... Could we do our game first?
We have the OP planned, and the first like third of the game completely planned and everything. Muffin actually brought this up in the jury chat, saying he "knew someone who'd like to host" but I told him BB2 was in the works, and it has been for weeks. It's scheduled for launch in like 3 days. Sorry man... I'll be revealing who that co-host is in the OP, but I can have you guys host Season 3??? Gives you a lot more time for planning, but this co-host contacted me WEEKS ago about hosting with me BB2.

You aligned with like everyone at some point, but none of it was permanent like DOS and quaking's alliance was.

We have the OP planned, and the first like third of the game completely planned and everything. Muffin actually brought this up in the jury chat, saying he "knew someone who'd like to host" but I told him BB2 was in the works, and it has been for weeks. It's scheduled for launch in like 3 days. Sorry man... I'll be revealing who that co-host is in the OP, but I can have you guys host Season 3??? Gives you a lot more time for planning, but this co-host contacted me WEEKS ago about hosting with me BB2.
Thats because they were the smartest :U

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back