Pocket Monsters X / Y Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Pocket Monsters XY Discussion

I also expected it to have smokescreen or Octazooka even. I noticed James didn't call out the move so I couldn't tell what it was supposed to be. I wonder if it will stay like this or that we will get some kind of clarification on what move it is using.

Oh my...that PkCenter theme on piano that started playing after Eureka's injury was taken care of...simply amazing! If Johto ever gets another remake, this music would make an awesome background music for the National Park.

The trimmer looked a lot like Burgh!

I was very pleased to see T.Rocket's performance, namely Woobuffet's. It was just like I have wished: goofiness between and inside the trio (shown after Jessie's and James reaction to work on Fennekin) but with capable work in battle and with gadgets. Oh, and Meowth's outfits always make me laugh (I still remember it playing a Kirlia :D ).
Too bad that Eureka didn't wake up Dedenne. One think we can be sure of: Eureka has good taste when it comes to women.
I'm still wishing for an episode focused on Bunnelby, Inkay, Froakie and Dedenne. They really need some personality.
Overall, it was an amazing episode. It was good to see Manectric as Jenny's partner.

PS: Serena is still looking for a goal so let's just hope that she doesn't end up in Team Flare :p ...Although it would be interesting to see Serena parting ways with Ash & Co. to join Flare and then watch a reunion followed by a confrontation between them.

Current episode has subs now, yay! These subs had the Prof. Oak segment and the preview subbed too, so it was double excellent. :D

When the episode was first starting and we saw Furfrou not wanting to get trimmed... I really thought the whole point was going to be about Furfrou not wanting to get trimmed because it likes how it is and the owner eventually respecting its wishes, but no; I guess we get to see Furfrou trimmed up and girly in the end after all. Kind of disappointing, but that could just be because I like the "base" Furfrou much better than all of the goofy hairstyles. :p

Seeing Team Rocket in full on style mode again was excellent, and probably my favourite part of the episode. Shame we didn't get to see them styling up a whole bunch of other Pokémon like we've gotten in the past, but then, Wobbuffet's styles along made up for it. I was especially fond of the Marie Antoinette. :p

The battle scene was actually pretty cool, too, with Ash directing Pikachu like that. After all, they have been working together for a very long time, so I guess it makes sense that they can pull off cool stunts like that. :p

Biggest downside to the episode was Eureka trying to attract a bride for Clemont, again, and being just as objectifying and grabby. This is one recurring gag that I really wish would just die in a fire. I would much rather have Brock drooling over all the Nurse Joys again.

Overall, though, very pleased! Next episode looks very promising as well, since it seems like there will be a lot of craziness surrounding the gym and Clemont's reveal. Can't wait to see it! :D

Artemis said:
Current episode has subs now, yay! These subs had the Prof. Oak segment and the preview subbed too, so it was double excellent. :D

When the episode was first starting and we saw Furfrou not wanting to get trimmed... I really thought the whole point was going to be about Furfrou not wanting to get trimmed because it likes how it is and the owner eventually respecting its wishes, but no; I guess we get to see Furfrou trimmed up and girly in the end after all. Kind of disappointing, but that could just be because I like the "base" Furfrou much better than all of the goofy hairstyles. :p

Seeing Team Rocket in full on style mode again was excellent, and probably my favourite part of the episode. Shame we didn't get to see them styling up a whole bunch of other Pokémon like we've gotten in the past, but then, Wobbuffet's styles along made up for it. I was especially fond of the Marie Antoinette. :p

The battle scene was actually pretty cool, too, with Ash directing Pikachu like that. After all, they have been working together for a very long time, so I guess it makes sense that they can pull off cool stunts like that. :p

Biggest downside to the episode was Eureka trying to attract a bride for Clemont, again, and being just as objectifying and grabby. This is one recurring gag that I really wish would just die in a fire. I would much rather have Brock drooling over all the Nurse Joys again.

Overall, though, very pleased! Next episode looks very promising as well, since it seems like there will be a lot of craziness surrounding the gym and Clemont's reveal. Can't wait to see it! :D

Your first thought on the episode is indeed interesting and it would make a better plot for it! I must confess that I saw that Furfrou as male and then watching it coming out with that girly style was dissapointing and made me thing why the hell didn't he just ran away from all that. Perhaps this species is already used to that treatment just like dogs got domesticated and cats learned that it was more profitable to hanging near us.

Like i've said, Eureka's behaviour hasn't bothered me yet but I do hope that Serena ends up as a motherly figure. She seems reasonable, calm, sensitive and very social so she would be a nice teacher and role model to Eureka and could teach her that there's more to marriage that just a pretty and useful bride (maybe Ash ends up as a test subject!).

I would be funny if Clemont revealed that he's already promissed to a gorgeous girl and that he has kept it a secret for some reason, while having his glasses become opaque and getting very nervous and shy. XD

Further proof, as if any were needed, that robots are a bad idea. Fun episode all around, good battle too.

The episode was nice.
Unlike May & Max, Clemont actually had a reason (or so it would seem because of the robot...) for not telling Ash that he's the gym leader.
Again, the piano music that always gives me goosebumps due to nostalgia. :D
The battle was very good with both Pokémon looking very strong and capable of enduring great battles, too bad that it was a short one. :(
I was surprised to see Eureka wearing a Tyruntrum pajama...I guess she would find it cute despite its menacing look.

Now place your bets on whom is to catch Chespin.
I vote for Clemont! (I didn't saw any preview and like I've said here before, I'm guessing this based on the opening)

Haven't gotten to see the latest episode yet, but I'm hoping Clemont ends up with Chespin. Would be fitting to have each of the three main traveling companions with their own starter.

Athena said:
Haven't gotten to see the latest episode yet, but I'm hoping Clemont ends up with Chespin. Would be fitting to have each of the three main traveling companions with their own starter.
And thus another parallel to AG is created, which most likely will happen. It won't be one of those unusual moments like in DP where Ash got Chimchar and Turtwig.

Finally got around to watching this today, and I think this might be my favourite episode yet! Citron building a bot to take over the Gym so he has more free time was handled well and believably, especially when, like many of his inventions, it started to go wrong. The "mystery" of the gym and its conclusion were a lot of fun to watch! I also really like that Citron's robot will actually take care of the Gym while he's traveling with Ash, a fact that seems to be glossed over for other Gym Leaders, from what I remember. All and all, a very solid episode. I can't wait to see Ash and Citron battle for that 5th badge! :D

Also, maybe I was reading into things too deeply, but in the preview, it really did look like Citron is going to end up with Chespin. It seemed like he was giving him commands, especially in the end mini-scene where Chespin and Pikachu both go after TR and you see Citron and Ash in fighting poses in front. Guess we'll see in a couple days! :D

PS: Eureka's PJs do give her a couple extra points in my book, though she's still in the negatives. >_>

I loved this episode as well! So do you think Citron's dad is the "hero" with Mega Blaziken? If that is the case I wonder why we haven't seen Mega Ampharos!

Now I understand why Ash got shocked when he tried to challenge the gym. I already thought it was odd for Clemont not to say anything.

I'm looking forward to their battle though. Heliolisk is one of my favourite Pokémon from generation 6, so it was great to see it in the anime!

Drohn said:
I loved this episode as well! So do you think Citron's dad is the "hero" with Mega Blaziken? If that is the case I wonder why we haven't seen Mega Ampharos!

Looking into this a bit further, it seems "Blaziken Mask" (not sure if this is an official name or a fan name) and Citron's dad Limone have the same seiyuu, so perhaps that's additional info hinting at this to be true. It's a very interesting theory! :D

For the first time again after the first series (then DPPt series, which i dropped in the middle due to busy schedule), i'm interested to watch a Pokemon anime again! I think it's because the hype towards XY game, which is a first Pokemon game in 3DS is so high, then there is Pokemon Origins, so it's finally build up enough hype for me to watch the XY series. :D

So far, i'm loving this. I can see that now the battle animations looks more awesome and flexible, the great XY soundtrack accompany it well. The characters is neat too, I think Satoshi finally got a bold enough character and he seems more confident and able now, lol, Citron and Eureka is a nice siblings for Satoshi's partner, and i love it that Serena seems to have a crush on Satoshi (this is great for a shipper like me <3).

It seems we got a sneakpeek of Pokemon-Amie already from Eureka, like how she really loves to take care her Dedenne, even Satoshi's Pikachu, and of course there will be more of this. :)

The last episode is very interesting, i thought that at first when Satoshi is electrocuted from challenging the gym "How could a Gym be this violent toward the challenger?" and then it's all answered. It's nice to see a mysterious hint of Blaziken Mask and Limone too.

There some questions i'd look forward to for the future. What will Serena's goal be, will it be defined in this series, or will the journey become a journey to search for her goal only? What Mega Pokemon will Satoshi have as his partner, is it Lucario in the opening, or the return of his Charizard? I really look forward to this series. :)

Yay, more people watching along! o/

Like you, this is the first series I've actually felt a desire to watch since the Kanto days (I did watch a bit of Best Wishes recently, but I was rather disappointed in it). I was expecting something maybe marginally better than BW, but this has definitely exceeded my expectations and I find myself look forward to each new episode, wondering which new Pokémon we'll get to see in action this time.

I find myself really hoping for Ash to have a Mega Charizard (perhaps the Y version to counteract his Red counterpart in Origins?), but that could just be me wanting Charizard to be all cool again.

As far as Serena goes, if you look back in the thread, you'll notice we have been speculating on that a bit. I would really like to see her play the role of a rival to Ash, but honestly, so long as she doesn't just end up following along and being an Ash groupie without actually doing much of anything for herself, I'll be happy.

I've just watched the episode with english subs and I really liked Clemon'ts resons for wanting to be a gym leader.
Good thing that he didn't built a robot to defeat Citroid or it would end up the same way (althought it would be funny to see a 2x2 "gym" double battle with Ash and Clemont.

Drohn said:

Now I understand why Ash got shocked when he tried to challenge the gym. I already thought it was odd for Clemont not to say anything.

I'm looking forward to their battle though. Heliolisk is one of my favourite Pokémon from generation 6, so it was great to see it in the anime!

If that happens to be true, then using a Mega Ampharos would be giving out the secret and it would be unmasked in this episode with Citroid since Clemont's father appeared with an Ampharos, not to mention that that since they're related to Electric types the suspicion that the guy was related to Eureka and Clemont would arise right after these joined Ash.

I'm guessing and hoping that by then Bunnelby will already evolved into Diggersby.

Never going to sleep again, not after seeing James with that tape.

DOES THIS LOOK LIKE THE FACE OF MERCY TO YOU?

Dedenne: the cute but lazy and useless electric fur ball. *facepalm*
I was thinking that by the way things were going Chespin would become Quilladin without needing to evolve...-.-'
Team Rocket are capable but focusing their target on Pikachu is just a waste of time and energy and makes them useless. Using the data that way instead of sending it to Zaeger or other T.R. scientist...plain stupid. The one thing were the Isshu season was better (in the first or so half): T.R. trio as true T.R. members instead of punching bags.

I just watched the new episode (Raw) and liked where it was going! Since there were no subtitles yet, I didn't understand everything, but I'm pretty sure they confirmed Meowth will get a Steel-type MEGA MEGA MEGA Evolution.

Clemont catching Chespin is really awesome, although I was hoping for Ash to get all starters again. It's a very cute Pokémon and I like its naughty behaviour. I think it will give us plenty of laughs in the anime.

We finally get to see who is behind the Blaziken Mask! When will Clemont and Bonnie find out? They definitely have an interesting and funny dad!

Just finished watching the latest episode :D

I like it that Serena takes the role of cooking now, a role that previously never given to Satoshi's female companion (as far as i know, since i don't really watch all the other series). Eureka seems to throw some good jokes too with the Rocket impersonation, lol. I also liked that the battle doesn't have to rely on Satoshi's "miracle of main character" power, since they are also introducing the Mega Blaziken's strength(well, it would be weird if the Mega Mega Nyarth armor get screwed by only Pin Missile and Thunderbolt lol). And finally Chespin enters the team, so the three companion gets each of the starter here :)

I wonder if Shauna Tierno and Trevor will be somewhere in the anime?

Yay, Citron got Chespin! o/ Was very cute to see them together, too; I think they'll make a good pair. Limone was confirmed as Tuxedo Mask Blaziken Mask, Professor Sycamore was very cute with Mega Mega Meowth, I didn't want to kill Eureka. All in all, a good episode!

I wonder if Team Rocket getting the Mega Evolution data will actually be referenced later on in the series. Seems like an important thing for them to end up with for it to just end with the explosion of the Meowth mecha.

Fansubs are back to being released on Friday, woo~ o/

Episode was pretty fun overall! The best parts were the Pokémon being together without the humans, kind of like a little mini short. Also, Jessie lazily catching that Pumpkaboo was pretty awesomehilarious, as was the "oh crap, we were in the middle of having lunch" at the very end. Plot was kind of weak, but eh.

Instead of a regular preview of the next episode, Ash tells us that there will be a one hour XY special on New Years Eve, which seems like it might be some kind of a recap, and then reminds viewers that the next regular XY episode will air on January 9th, followed by what appears to be a few different cuts from upcoming episodes. It's kind of hard to tell exactly, but that's my inference based on what Ash says and the little scenes we get. There's also a quick blurb about the XY movie, Cocoon of Darkness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back