Pocket Monsters X / Y Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Pocket Monsters XY Discussion

This episode was hilarious. Team Rocket was smart enough to make a surprise attack and then blew it up with internal fights, just like I would like to see, turning the episode into one of those with Pokémon all by themselves and allowing us to see more of their personality (despite only for a short time), which were all great.
The best moment was Jessie's ridiculously easy capture of Pumpkaboo, the "disco light Pokémon". :p James' expression was priceless! :D I think I've also enjoyed it more because of being in japanese.
I was thinking that Inkay should belong to Jessie and Pumpkaboo with James since this one's past experience with Grass-type Pokémon and Jessie's pre-evolution of Jellicent but now I think that Inkay fits James as it looks like Chimecho's relation: a cute and somewhat naive Pokémon but with potencial.
The stupid moment was the gang helping out thieves and them complaining in the end for being hungry. For someone's sake, those three Pokémon were the mafia of the Pokémon world. T.R. should have indeed captured Pamcham, each one to Jessie and James and send Pangoro to Giovanni, since it would only be fitting.

I'm currently at episode 8, but I like where this is going. And I'm soooo hoping for a M Charizard :U

Thanks for sharing the trailer; that was pretty cool! :D It must have been a part of the New Year's Special. I'm waiting for the subs to be out for that before I watch it, but for the trailer at least, it's pretty easy to tell what's going on even without a translation. Looks like there's a lot of cool stuff coming the way of the anime. The hints of the episode with Malimar looked particularly glad, and I'm glad Grant looks like less of a derp in the anime than he does in the games.

Anyone else find it odd that the referee for Viola's Gym is more interesting looking than Viola herself?

Whoa. Ash gets to the second Gym already?

The trailer was amazing, namely that misterious trainer with Malamar...How I hope it turns out something like Hunter J with evil intentions and stopping at nothing to reach her goals. Btw, it seemed that Malamar might be true vilain and not the human, since her face being covered and the spotlight given to the Pokémon at the end might indicate that she too was hypnotised!

The only thing that I disliked was seeing Gardevoir with a necklace. Like I've said it's so ridiculous for Pokémon having to wear jewelery and props when it could be a mechanism more natural "just" about the bond between trainer and Pokémon but no, let's have Pokémon wear stones at their necks, legs, tails and wrists - it's fashion, it's Flare style.

I also liked the Malamar and think it's the villain behind the woman, I wonder if it has Contrary ability. And everything that Ash and co. throw at it just keeps helping it, adding to it's strength.
I think Grant looks way cooler than in the games and I like that gym leaders are battling it out there.
I'm exited for it but I'll wait until these episodes are dubbed in America before watching.

I'm looking foward to see Inkay's reaction to Malamar. It's not the first time that Pokémon look up to their evolutions and start wishing to be like them, so will Inkay start to behave like "I want to control the world"? On the other hand,
if one takes into account that Inkay happily spit ink on Pangoro's face without thinking and realizing what consequences could come out of it, perhaps Inkay won't even realize that Malamar is the species' next stage and something in which it could turn. Ignorance is bliss.

I just noticed something about XY. It's the only Pokémon series, where there isn't a traveling companion that's known for being a care taker or a cook. I know Clemont's sister takes care of the Pokémon, but that's probably because she wants to feel close to Pokémon, even though she's not old enough to have one yet. (Dedenne is being borrowed)

I have been watching the Japanese version of Pokemon X and Y and I also love. I am kind of the excited about them introducing the Gym Leader named Valerie because my name is Valerie.

Fansubs for episode 12 are now out and I got a chance to watch it today, hurray. :D Not bad for a filler episode, and it was cool to see all of the different Vivillon patterns together. Thinking about it during the episode, it's kind of surprising that there aren't more small-time Pokémon criminals like this guy (that is, as opposed to large "evil" teams), so I liked the realism in the episode in that respect. Not all bad guys are trying to take over the world or build wacky, complicated machines.

The next episode has both Sylveon and Team Rocket in costumes again, so I'm excited. :D

There are a few more episode titles released now, too!

Jessie caught herself another Ghost-type Pokémon! It fits her well, especially if it evolves. I was happy to see that even in the filler episode so far something new happened that moved the story forward. I did get the feeling they are rushing through stories a bit now. I don't really understand why they go for one story per episode rather than making more elaborated (yet not too much stuff we don't care about) stories and turning them into several episodes per story.

It was definitely fun seeing all the Vivillon forms! :D

I'm curious what Ash's next Pokémon will be. Any guesses?

Since Chespin is taken by Clemont and Pumpkaboo by Jessie that only leaves Skiddo and Phantump for Ash. Well.. That is if he actually catches a Gen 6 Grass-type that is. The limited options are making me believe he will probably add some Pokémon from previous generations to his team, however. I would really love to finally see Ash catch a Ghost-type Pokémon, so my hope definitely goes to Pumpkaboo.

I was secretly hoping Ash would catch a Scatterbug in the episode that already aired, since it is the only Gen 6 Bug-type. Too bad that didn't happen! It was the perfect opportunity.

Drohn said:
I'm curious what Ash's next Pokémon will be. Any guesses?

Think you mentioned later in your post, I was thinking/hoping that he'd end up with one of the Scatterbugs/Spewpas/Vivillons, but I guess I wasn't all too surprised when he didn't. It seems like Ash never (or at least very rarely) actually catches a Pokémon when he saves a large group of a wild Pokémon species from a villain.

I was kind of taking a look at the next few episodes titles to see if we could catch some clues about an upcoming Pokémon capture. The upcoming Sylveon and Braixen already have trainers, and it seems highly that Ash would capture a Pichu. That leaves us with Espurr, but I'm not sure if I think that's likely, though I'm leaning towards "probably not". Of course, Ash could catch a different Pokémon that's not featured in the episode title, too.

But, well, if I can't predict, I can at least guess and mention what I would like to see! :D

Of course, it's possible that Ash will catch some Gen I-V Pokémon in Kalos, but I think they're more likely to focus on the new Pokémon. Some lines that I would really like to see him catch are: Goomy, Skrelp, Honedge, Litleo, and Phantump. Of those, if he were to catch one soon, I'd think it would be Skrelp, since you can find them on the way to Cyllage, which is where they're headed now. :D

I wonder if Ash will catch a Fairy Pokémon, too. I would think we'd be getting a Flabébé episode any day now considering how prolific they are early game. However, I think Serena is more likely to end up with one, perhaps as her first caught Pokémon?

I can definitely see Serena end up with Flabébé or maybe even that Espurr! Two feline Psychic-type Pokémon might be a bit much, though. The Fairy-type would be a great addition to the team.

I also hope for Goomy to get get caught by one of the main characters. So far Ash only has fast Pokémon on his current team (his usual style, with some exceptions that do very well too). Goomy would be a nice addition to those.

Do you think Ash will get a Skrelp rather than Clauncher? Skrelp will be difficult to use on land, which is where most battles happen. I think that if he catches one, it won't get as much screen time. Clauncher is more flexible with that. It could be good friends with Kingler and Corphish. I do like Skrelp, however, and Ash catching it would definitely make me happy!

If Ash wants to use a Fairy-type Pokémon he can give his mom a call, instead of prof. Oak. More screen time for Mr. Mime to scare the children (and me!). I would love to see him end up with Klefki. :D

Since when was the Fennekin line Cat-like?

Here is what I think everyone's teams will be at the end of the league:

Ash
Pikachu
Frogadier (Like Mudkip, it probably won't evolve until way late into the series)
Talonflame (His Flyer and Fire type)
Pancham (Won't evolve, as Ash won't have access to a Dark type)
Clauncher (Ash always gets the Water Crustacean)
Other (Could be something unexpected like Carbink, or an older Pokémon)

Serena
Braixen
Flabébé (Probably won't evolve due to AZ's Floette and the main characters don't usually get access to Evolution Stones)
Meowstic (Female)
Spritzee (Aromatisse is ugly and on the off chance she does evolve it, she'll probably end up with its counterpart, Slurpuff)
Amaura/Aurorus (It's about time a main character gets a Fossil)

Clemont
Bunnelby (Probably won't evolve, as Diggersby is uglier)
Quilladin (Chespin is know or being a glutton and Quilladin is very fat looking)
Heliolisk (Picks it up from the Gym after Ash beats him)
Klefki

I've just watched episode 12 & 13. About episode 12, I'm with @Athena about seeing more of these poachers (now called merchants :rolleyes: ) since it just makes senses and adds drama to the Pokémon world.
Too bad Ash didn't remembered of his long gone partner: Butterfree! :( Aside from this, it was a nice episode.

Episode 13
Since when does Citroën sponsors the show!? :D I was really happy to see the car but very surprised after seeing Citroën's symbol on it!
Why didn't we get another good match against T.R.? :(

Blob55 said:
Since when was the Fennekin line Cat-like?

Here is what I think everyone's teams will be at the end of the league:

Ash
Pikachu
Frogadier (Like Mudkip, it probably won't evolve until way late into the series)
Talonflame (His Flyer and Fire type)
Pancham (Won't evolve, as Ash won't have access to a Dark type)
Clauncher (Ash always gets the Water Crustacean)
Other (Could be something unexpected like Carbink, or an older Pokémon)

Serena
Braixen
Flabébé (Probably won't evolve due to AZ's Floette and the main characters don't usually get access to Evolution Stones)
Meowstic (Female)
Spritzee (Aromatisse is ugly and on the off chance she does evolve it, she'll probably end up with its counterpart, Slurpuff)
Amaura/Aurorus (It's about time a main character gets a Fossil)

Clemont
Bunnelby (Probably won't evolve, as Diggersby is uglier)
Quilladin (Chespin is know or being a glutton and Quilladin is very fat looking)
Heliolisk (Picks it up from the Gym after Ash beats him)
Klefki

If Ash gets a Pancham I hope it evolves. I am usually agaisnt cliches but I can't stop wishing for this Pangoro to have a Charizard + Snorlax personality. :p
In case Serena ends up with a Meowstic I'm hoping its personality to be a kind one. The female reminds me too much of Ash's Snivy mixed with Eva Green's character in "The Dreamers"...those eyes! o_O

Drohn said:
I can definitely see Serena end up with Flabébé or maybe even that Espurr! Two feline Psychic-type Pokémon might be a bit much, though. The Fairy-type would be a great addition to the team.

I also hope for Goomy to get get caught by one of the main characters. So far Ash only has fast Pokémon on his current team (his usual style, with some exceptions that do very well too). Goomy would be a nice addition to those.

Do you think Ash will get a Skrelp rather than Clauncher? Skrelp will be difficult to use on land, which is where most battles happen. I think that if he catches one, it won't get as much screen time. Clauncher is more flexible with that. It could be good friends with Kingler and Corphish. I do like Skrelp, however, and Ash catching it would definitely make me happy!

If Ash wants to use a Fairy-type Pokémon he can give his mom a call, instead of prof. Oak. More screen time for Mr. Mime to scare the children (and me!). I would love to see him end up with Klefki. :D

I'm betting Ash will get a Clauncher because of its mobility and his history with Kingler and Corphish but then again, if it evolves won't it be difficult to move around too!? Aside from this the only downside I can see in Clauncher is that it always reminded me of Futurama's Zoidberg, namely the shiny version. -.-'
Ash's Klefki and Oak's Rotom would make a nice pair of tricksters!

I would like to see Clemont getting a Binacle and then evolving it into a Barbaracle.

Leaf_Ranger said:
If Ash gets a Pancham I hope it evolves. I am usually agaisnt cliches but I can't stop wishing for this Pangoro to have a Charizard + Snorlax personality. :p

He can't get Pangoro, as there are only 3 new Dark type Pokémon lines (Excluding Yveltal); Malamar, which James has, Pangoro and Greninja, which I doubt Ash will evolve Froakie into, as he sucks at evolving Water types and we'll be lucky to have Froakie evolve even once.
I know Ash has Scraggy, but I don't think Ash will bring it to Kalos, as Unova wasn't that long ago.

I forgot that Ash has already seen Pangoro and Pancham and wasn't that much interested so it'll be unlikely for him to get one of those (aside from what you've said about Ash not getting Dark-type Pokémon, except Scraggy).

Ash has shown disinterest in Pokémon he's seen before, before, like Snorlax.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back