Platinum: the most messed up set ever!

Have you gotten any messed up Platinum products before?

• Yes

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • No

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters

Meaty

You can't deny that Psyduck is beast. I guess.
Ok. I've heard countless weird stories about Platinum. And just today, in a pack, one of my "fresh out of the pack" (yeah right) cards had this black smudge on it! I'm like, what? At least it rubbed off but it looked like old gum on the sidewalk. What weird stuff has happened to you involving this set?

Well, once, when I bought the Shaymin theme deck, there was a problem with the Beautifly line. Normally, they do 4 Wurmple-2 Silcoon- 1 Beautifly, but they did 3 Wurmple-1 Silcoon-1 Wurmple-1 Silcoon-1 Beautifly.

Strange.

They're in it for the money. The faster they spit out cards, the more they make. Apperantly the demand for this set was high enough for them to have to push it.

I want to find 2 Lv Xs in a pack for once. Something tells me the secret rare ratio is unusually high and the Lv X ratio is low since I pulled 3 of the former and none of the latter

^ Tons of people got Lv.Xs at my PR. i myself pulled a Giratina Lv.X there, and recently pulled another in a pack. But many people also got reprints. However I've seen so little shinies!

I have all 3 shinies.

The secret rare ratio is higher, saying how I have six secret rares and only 4 Lv.X's.

^Dang. I've pulled 2 Lv.Xs. Both Giratina. That's it. But considering it's out of 14 packs, that's pretty darn good!

Out of two boxes, my League Leader pulled 6 Lv.Xs, and from one of those, she pulled one reprint and no shinies out of that one. I'd say Lv.Xs are more common in this set.

dmaster out.

My friend has a total of 4 Scyther, 2 Hitmonchan, and 1 Electabuzz. I have 2 of each, but I am going to trade most of them. My level X set is 2 Palkia G Lv.X, 1 Dialga G Lv.X, and 1 Drapion Lv.X.

Dialga G is what's rare. At my area, my league leader bought two boxes of PT. He only go a total of 2 Dialga G. At my league, there were like 50 people asking me to trade for my RH Dialga G. I had 3, but I now have 1.

I think PUSA really changed the rarity of the cards.

d master, I agree with you. I have (from 30 packs of PT, no trades) 6 Lv.X's. 2 Shaymin, 2 Skymin, and 1 Dialga G and 1 Palkia G. Also weird how Dialga G is rare. I have 1 of those in normal holo, and 1 in RH.

Anyhow, when I opened my first pack (had a Shaymin X in it), two of the commons in it weren't glued at all, you could take the sheet off. That happened again in some other pack, so I have 3 cards that aren't glued. =/

I pulled my Rare (Torterra) upside-down at the PR. 0.o

ouch. Oh, some people have complained that Platinum tin Lv. X's are coming bent. =/

Seriously, PUSA. Get your act together, I bought a Japanese box, the pulls were better, the quality of cards is better, AND the ratios of good cards is better!

My friend got a pack and he pulled a rev holo Dialga and it was colorless type. Wierd aint it.

Japanese boxes are always nice.
Mine came with Dialga G Lv.X (Yay ^^!) Drapion Lv.X, Shiny Lotad (Bleh) Reprint Syther and Electubuzz.
5/20 packs were Lv.X/Shiny/Reprint. They also have a nice glossy effect.

This ALWAYS happens when a new set comes out in the U.S. No matter what the new set is, the cards are always crappy seeing as how the company pumps out as many cards as they possibly can to get the most money. The quality and better rarity always evens out a month later or so.

The Power of Three said:
I pulled my Rare (Torterra) upside-down at the PR. 0.o

ouch. Oh, some people have complained that Platinum tin Lv. X's are coming bent. =/

I swear half the cards in the packs don't look all that mint...

I suppose these rushed error cards can be a substitute for the "1st Edition" cards at the beginning of the TCG.

I think the only misprinted card I've ever had was a Gliscor (the Rare-Holo kind) with smeared text. It was weird. It's like putting everything in bold, except the card was nearly unreadable.

I've yet to find anything like this with Platinum though. I slightly envy some of you guys who get two or three Rare-Holos. On the other hand, I do have a Dialga G obtained out of a pack.

Back