PlasmaKlang

Bo$$_89 said:
Machamp the Champion said:
I personally have been liking this deck a lot. Most decks just can't seem to keep up with all the threats it has. Shift Gear Max Potion allows the deck to be a little slow with it's attachments, and Cobalion EX and non EX seem to work great against the things the others aren't. The only thing it doesn't seem to have an answer to is V-Create Victini. I'm just not sure how to deal with that thing on the second or third turn.
Well, you can use Keldeo to deal with Bentchtini, which actually works pretty well.

Yeah, that's the best thing I can think of. But if you whiff a Max Potion and they KO your Keldeo with all your energies on it, it's pretty hard to come back from that.

I don't see much of a use for Registeel though. Unless you run heavy Eviolite, it's very week, and has almost never been useful to me.
I love Registeel in this deck. The spread's decent, and protect charge, followed by Cobalion can be pretty nasty. It's like the poor man's Cobalion ...kinda

If it's a poor man's Cobalion, then what's the point of it? The Protect Charge > Steel Bullet combo also forces you to waist a Switch.

Why do none of these lists play Pokemon Communication? It's really good in this deck, and I've found it to almost always work. I run 3 Heavy Ball and 3 Communication and it has been working very well. Ultra Ball has not been working well, as the cards you discard always seem to effect the game at some point.

I agree about Heavy Ball and Ultra Ball, but why Communication? I don't see a need for Communication. You should be fine with Heavy Ball and Skyla. Communication also eventually becomes a dead card.

As I said, I never really had 2 cards in my hand that I wanted to discard. Can you think of any 2 cards in the deck you'd want to discard? Without Communication or Ultra Ball, I'd probably be too hard to draw into your attackers.

Bolded my responses.

I actually run a 4-2-2/2 split of the Klinklang and just Heavy Ball for everything. In my fun version of this deck, I've teched two Fliptini and just used Gear Grind to flip for 160. It's actually hilarious when paired with HTL when I OHKO my opponent's Mewtwo. :3

BW Klinklang should NOT be played in this deck. The line should be 4-1-3 or 4-0-3 Klinklang PS with Klink and Klang being from DEX. Ho-Oh EX would not work in this deck. You would have to play many different types of Basic Energy, because Ho-Oh's Ability states that it has to be 3 DIFFERENT types of Energy. Even if you could do 3 Metals with Rebirth, then you shouldn't be playing anything but Metal types.

SheNinja said:
BW Klinklang should NOT be played in this deck. The line should be 4-1-3 or 4-0-3 Klinklang PS with Klink and Klang being from DEX. Ho-Oh EX would not work in this deck. You would have to play many different types of Basic Energy, because Ho-Oh's Ability states that it has to be 3 DIFFERENT types of Energy. Even if you could do 3 Metals with Rebirth, then you shouldn't be playing anything but Metal types.

Please explain why you think Klinklang BW shouldn't be in this deck. It's a very good card because the deck doesn't have Energy acceleration, so moving the Energy around works just as well. (and you get to take advantage of Max Potion)

I'm saying it's bad in the deck because it just RUINS consistency by adding another Stage 2 to set up. There are many Pokemon that can One-Shot the Pokemon in this deck, so Max Potion can be useless. Also, by playing BW Klinklang, you make it a 2-2 split, so then you can't play 3 PlasmaKlang's.

SheNinja said:
I'm saying it's bad in the deck because it just RUINS consistency by adding another Stage 2 to set up. There are many Pokemon that can One-Shot the Pokemon in this deck, so Max Potion can be useless. Also, by playing BW Klinklang, you make it a 2-2 split, so then you can't play 3 PlasmaKlang's.

You don't have to make it a 2-2 split, my list runs 3 Plasma Klinklang and 1 BW Klinklang, and it works perfectly.

Also, how does it add another Stage 2 to set up when you're already running it's Pre-Evolutions? It evolves from the same Pokemon as the Plasma one; so it is not like you have to boost your Klink/Klang count just to support it.

But you have to run Max Potions and another Klinklang and maybe another Rare Candy instead of other cards that could help boost consistency.

BW Klinklang has not ruined my consistency at all. I run a 2-2 split, and I have almost never drawn a BW Klinklang when I wanted it to be the Plasma one. I also haven't drawn a Max Potion and wished it was a search cards, or supporter or whatever. I think the deck would just not be able to attach enough energy fast enough against certain match ups to NOT run Max Potion. I think BW Klinklang is one of the best parts of this deck, and I would never not run it.

Also, you should be running 4 Rare Candies regardless of your Klinklang count.

Okay, Okay. I agree with the 4 Rare Candies (That is what I play), but I meant that it would be possible to play 3 if you had enough search. I'm still not convinced on why you would need to add BW Klinklang. You should have a PlasmaKlang out and be continuously attaching energies, and they shouldn't be able to have a counter within that timeframe of ~3-4 turns, but if they do, they will probably need a Catcher with it too. I personally would not run BW Klinklang, and instead run enough energies to attach once per turn. That is just me, you know. I'm a little weird when it comes to deckbuilding.

SheNinja said:
Okay, Okay. I agree with the 4 Rare Candies (That is what I play), but I meant that it would be possible to play 3 if you had enough search. I'm still not convinced on why you would need to add BW Klinklang. You should have a PlasmaKlang out and be continuously attaching energies, and they shouldn't be able to have a counter within that timeframe of ~3-4 turns, but if they do, they will probably need a Catcher with it too. I personally would not run BW Klinklang, and instead run enough energies to attach once per turn. That is just me, you know. I'm a little weird when it comes to deckbuilding.

Max Potion.

Flygon2071 said:
SheNinja said:

Max Potion.

What point are you trying to make by stating the name of a card? EX's can more easily one shot than non-EX's, and if you get BW Klinklang out then it prevents a Klink from becoming a Klinklang.

SheNinja said:
Flygon2071 said:
Max Potion.

What point are you trying to make by stating the name of a card? EX's can more easily one shot than non-EX's, and if you get BW Klinklang out then it prevents a Klink from becoming a Klinklang.

"Non-EX OHKO less than none EX's." That makes it better. It will take long time for them to KO your Pokemon while you just get your 6 prizes.

Well, excuse my bad grammar :( Also when I have tested OHKO's don't happen as often with non-EX's attacking than they do with EX's attacking. You would also only play 3 Max Potions I believe so you would have to have them when you need them.

SheNinja said:
Well, excuse my bad grammar :( Also when I have tested OHKO's don't happen as often with non-EX's attacking than they do with EX's attacking. You would also only play 3 Max Potions I believe so you would have to have them when you need them.

Sry, I didn't mean to criticize your grammar. My point was that if non-EX OHKO less than EX's, running BW Klinklang will help you stop KO's.

Okay, I understand it now, but I still think that those spots Klinklang and Max Potion use (~4-5), they could boost consistency, which every ounce of consistency is needed in Stage 2 decks. I also didn't intend for it too be taken as me being sad :) I thought it looked weird right after I posted it. It's all good in the hood (an amazing rhyme).

I only play 2 Max Potions and 1 Shift Klang, and its been testing fine for me, but my list is somewhat unorthodox.

Back