Plasma Storm discussion

Frost said:
That's never been proven, and probably the only reason people keep saying that is because there's increased demand for the card due to how popular Catcher is in general.
It has if you've watched box opening videos, but I'd say it's 1-3 per box.

1-3 per box means NOTHING though. I've seen people open boxes and not pull a single copy of an uncommon, or only one. But because people WANT Catcher it automatically defaults to being short-printed for only being 1-3 per box when that's... pretty much normal.

Wow I feel lucky to get three from my box. And I got the box for like 70$ and then I killed all the cards I collected at some point when ND came out. Sold them all online. So it was a pretty Pointless buy. :s

But to poison & sleep 50/50 isn't like a free prize with catcher. It still will be a key card with other techs so I wonder if they'll only drop it to like 6-7$. Sure it's in the decks but only 1 and people will want it to run with Viribank City Gym for awhile till a new and better strategies open up next set. I can't see price dropping too bad with the poison hype now.

I say $5 tops, from my short experience the only trainer card to break that mold right now is Catcher and HTL is by my observation, in abundance , in theme decks, and is no where near as all around useful as catcher is (please rotate out, sincerely a 3 month noob).

The more I think about it, the more I wish they hadn't printed hypno laser (or just made it an ace spec). The Virbank gym deck could have given us interesting decks to play around with. Stasis decks could have actually stood a chance. But thanks to the broken Virbank/hypnolazer combo, big basic EX decks have a new toll to inflict damage, decreasing the lifespan of evolving basics even more.

Well Donphan is one way to counter that. And it's only a stage 1 uncommon! Smacking EX's in the face with 140 and getting rid of that pesky stadium card for... well it's attack ain't cheap but there's one method.

I imagine a Tornadus EX / Viribank / HTL combo for first turn 90 damage will become popular. Though not the easiest to pull off on the first turn, it will provide amazing donking capabilities.

Landorus EX is also buffed to 90, though split to 60 - 30

Even Mewtwo EX's first turn damage is buffed to 70.

This could really change how games set up.

pokedan24 said:
The more I think about it, the more I wish they hadn't printed hypno laser (or just made it an ace spec). The Virbank gym deck could have given us interesting decks to play around with. Stasis decks could have actually stood a chance. But thanks to the broken Virbank/hypnolazer combo, big basic EX decks have a new toll to inflict damage, decreasing the lifespan of evolving basics even more.

I totally agree with this. Without Hypnotoxic laser a lot of interesting pokémon would have a chance to see some play (not sure if they would've been tier 1 or anything xD) but now they will only make big basic even stronger as it will make sure many exes who couldn't OKHO stage 2 pokémon will now be able to do it.

I think Vileplume will become good! Imagine using Virizion to hit for 160 on keldeo then have it be HTL'd for the KO!

Alan said:
I think Vileplume will become good! Imagine using Virizion to hit for 160 on keldeo then have it be HTL'd for the KO!

PlusPower does the same thing, especially since you're supposed to be getting 1 shots in Vileplume, and PlusPower basically adds 40 damage to your attacks, while HTL only adds 10 (30 with Virbank).

but HTL has 30 extra, so you can gt OHKOs with 30 base power moves on any non EX Pokemon.

Alan said:
but HTL has 30 extra, so you can gt OHKOs with 30 base power moves on any non EX Pokemon.
The problem with that is you use a couple more spaces with Virbrank in there, and in a stage 2 toolbox deck you need as much space as posible...

No matter how you look at it you wont be seeing Vileplume in any major competitive decks. HTL/Virbank combo doesn't flow well in stage 2 decks, it will mostly be used in quick hitting, EX heavy decks as a power boost.

But enough about HTL, what about Ether? anyone else excited about multi-type energy acceleration?

The only way i can see it being used is in a pokedex/ether combo relying on skyla to use it first turn.

Anyone know how successful dex/ether combo was in japan?

Etherdex was decently successful in Japan -- before their Plasma set came out, meaning before HTL was out. It wasn't the BDIf over there but it wasn't shabby. I don't think it works that well now that Plasma Storm is out because the combo is inconsistent and HTL punishes that inconsistency by making the format overly fast.

Blah said:
Etherdex was decently successful in Japan -- before their Plasma set came out, meaning before HTL was out. It wasn't the BDIf over there but it wasn't shabby. I don't think it works that well now that Plasma Storm is out because the combo is inconsistent and HTL punishes that inconsistency by making the format overly fast.

I was hoping that ether would allow more energy heavy cards to be used and broaden the competitive deck field, but yah, it too inconsistent to rely on, it's just as bad as a flippy deck.

seems like pokemon TCG is just speeding up with each new set.

I played Yu-Gi-Oh on Gameboy and its addictive but very luck based, its form 2005 so maybe it's different now on rules. wouldn't play IRL. It is no wonder stacking is so bad in YGO.

But yeah, Klinklang PS is also pretty OP especiall since Cobalion can OHKO Sigilyph and Bouffolant. Pretty much gonna require a counter.

There's quite a few ways around Klinklang; whether it be V-Create Victini or Blastoise. It's a great card given the right matchup or decks lacking techs though. Landorus/Mewtwo decks have almost no way to beat it while Darkrai has to either take up a lot of space for a tech or attempt to stall it out with Hypnotoxic Laser + Sableye. Stuff like Rayeels can crush it, on the other hand.

Keeper of Night said:
Blah said:
Stuff like Rayeels can crush it, on the other hand.
How does RayEels crush Klinklang? I really don't see how that's possible.

DV Rayquaza isn't easy to deal with, as everything in the deck 2 shots it (other then BW Klinklang's 'Gear Grind'), and V-Create Victini, which kinda destroys the deck if you can use it a few times.

Back