path::AadmM.art//design [Updated 03.26.11]

AadmM

Doin' It Right
Welcome to my world of art and design! Here you'll find my featured work, including illustrations, type designs, application resources, and soon (hopefully) tutorials!

While I have more experience with Photoshop than anything, I prefer to work mainly in Illustrator nowadays. As such, most of my work is completely vector based, although I do try to incorporate some Photoshop into my work from time to time to keep my skills sharp.

I'd like for everyone to give me some honest feedback on these pieces. If they suck, let me know. I really wanna improve.

••typography••

••illustrations••

••application.resources••​

Super Smash Bros. Icon Pack (Gimp users, let me know if the .abr file works for you!)

Pokémon TCG Energy Symbol Pack (Raw Images Included)

••••​

RE: AadmM's Vector Art!

Wow, your great at vector art, I have never tried it :p
My favourite would be High Voltage, it looks sooo cool!!

Thanks! I did sonething I don't normally do for that one--I used a tool called "Live Trace" and turned the pencil sketch into the grungy lines you see there.

Most of the time, though, I prefer drawing the lines out myself with the pen tool. It's actually pretty fun to work with once you get used to it.

Wow, these are great! I love the stylized names!

I don't know if you take requests, but would you do one of Swablu?

Wow... These are amazing. I must ask, what program do you use? (Photoshop, SAI, etc.) How long does it take to make these? And also, could you give me some, I guess, tips on how to draw like this?

squirtli said:

Actually, most of these were requested by people over at deviantART. So yeah, I could try doing one for Swablu too if you would like!

Hatman said:
Wow... These are amazing. I must ask, what program do you use? (Photoshop, SAI, etc.) How long does it take to make these? And also, could you give me some, I guess, tips on how to draw like this?

Thanks! I use Adobe Illustrator for all of these, and Photoshop for texture work on occasion. I'd say I spend no longer than about six hours working on the more complex pieces, too. But I'm trying to refine my methods for doing linework and coloring to cut back on some of that time.

As for drawing tips, well...for a lot of my work, I try to refine the pencil sketch as much as possible before taking it onto the computer, so that way I have a clearer idea of how the finished product should look. Being vector-based, I like to focus more on things like lines to give my art a stylistic edge.

And as far as all the digital work goes, it really depends on what program you're using. I use Illustrator CS5, which introduces some really handy tools for tweaking line widths. But you may be able get a similar effect in Photoshop using the pen tool and different stroke options.

noahflash14 said:
It makes me WOW! You're really good in making vectors huh? Good job!

Thanks so much :D

I'm not new to digital art by any means, but I found that working in Photoshop, I was always trying too hard to paint realistically. Doing vector stuff like this allows me to loosen up a bit and create more stylized works.

Oh gawd... I really wish I could vector. D:

You're brilliant. Great stuff. Keep it up. :3

These are just absolutely AMAZING. I especially like the stylized type designs. Would you mind doing one of Rayquaza? Thanks

OHHHHHH!! your stylized typings are brilliant...how did you do it? ima learn it and make one and make a sticker out of it for my guitar...xDxDxD

Roa said:
Oh gawd... I really wish I could vector. D:

Well, if there's one thing I still need work with, it's doing more abstract stuff...like what you'd use in a signature or something. Backgrounds are something I commonly struggle with, too, for that reason.

Pokémaniac said:
These are brilliant! I love them!

Thanks, glad you like!

xPOKEFREAK72x said:
These are just absolutely AMAZING. I especially like the stylized type designs. Would you mind doing one of Rayquaza? Thanks

I actually started one for him a couple months ago...I got the type aspect finished, I just have to find a good way of incorporating Rayquaza himself into the overall design.

FatalAeroX said:
OHHHHHH!! your stylized typings are brilliant...how did you do it? ima learn it and make one and make a sticker out of it for my guitar...xDxDxD

Heh, well...a lot of it just boils down to brainstorming and doing small sketches until you find something that works. ;)

Fantastic work :D !!!!!! Do u take requests?

^For the type designs, yes. Anyone in particular you'd like to see?

AadmM said:
squirtli said:
Actually, most of these were requested by people over at deviantART. So yeah, I could try doing one for Swablu too if you would like!

That'd be great! ^_^

I'm not going to request, since it seems that you are going to get a lot, but I will say that this is great.

I wish I could critique somehow, but I am still a youngster in my style and have only seen a little of your kind of seign before. (And that was with just pencil and paper)

Unique design, and great job.

These are FANTASTIC! I love the stylized type designs, and "Order Up".
I cannot wait to see more of your work; I love vector art. I've always wanted to learn how to do this ^_^

Back